Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4  (Read 72962 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2004, 03:29:26 PM »

Muther, I've been posting on this board pretty frequently, riding the runaway train that is GNR.  I've seen rumours of all types and levels of validity, and I support this album as much as anyone on here, but I can't help but feeling that despite every post, every glimmer of hope, and every inside source, there is nothing to indicate that the album is any closer now than in months and years past.  Yes, theoretically time has moved forward, so one would assume that THE ALBUM MUST be closer, but really, what evidence is there?
       Of course, I'm not questioning the credibilty of Dizzy, or Aunt Ger, or Dizzy's wife, or even, for that matter Mysteron.  But the fact remains that even if the album is "done", things in the business change in an instant, over the course of a phonecall.  All of these people may have valid info at certain points, but it is only a fraction of the real puzzle..When you combine the mechanics of the industry with an individual who is crippled by paranoia, self-doubt and control issues, thats a very combustible elixir right there.
         It's become painfully obvious that Axl refuses to let this child go and committ anything to stone.  Aside from that, any legal issues that could arise from the release of this farce of a greatest hits between Axl and Universal threaten to drag this soap opera on even further.  Everyone, myself included, is viewing RIR as some sort of Judgment Day, the literal second coming of our collective savior.  Whether or not GNR is confirmed, there is a great possibility that they will no show...Even if they do, there may be no indication outside of a few empty words that CD is "on the way."  Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for this thing beyond words, but the logical perspective, I fear, sees the members slowly walking away as the months progress....How I hope I am wrong....Thanks for reading.
Joe
davo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2004, 06:17:57 PM »

why would they promote an album that dosnt exist ?
kockstar99
« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2004, 07:51:04 PM »

why would they promote an album that dosnt exist ?

what the hell does that mean?  dumb....
TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2004, 01:27:54 AM »

Kurt: What's gonna happen now? Is Chinese Democracy going to come out? Are we gonna see it soon?

Axl: Umm you'll see it, I dont know if soon is the word. But it will come out and we will, we'll go back, we'll do some more recording and then we'll start the American leg of the tour... And see how it goes from there.............

Well, we all know the outcome.  The tour was canceled.  Now there are reports BucketHead is out of GNR.  I do not think that was the initial part of the whole "big guns" that Axl had in mind.  He tried and it did not work out like he had planned.  I can not fault the guy for trying to glue back together the greatest rock n' roll band.  Unfortunately, I believe that if GNR do play RIO, it will be the last performance ever so those of you who are lucky enough to actually be there you should savor the moment.  And those of us who will be looking for payperview shows of RIO or bootlegs will either set the VCR or create a special file on our hard drive entitled "last performance". crying
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: