Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:54:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where did GNR go @ the Bucketboard?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where did GNR go @ the Bucketboard?  (Read 52453 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2004, 10:37:42 AM »

i will buy my ticket tomorrow , if GNR doesnt show up  , me and meanbone will make sure that things are going to get destroy Tongue

rofl
that is HOW we need to think
RIOT is the only thing that gets guns n roses in the news  Grin

Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2004, 10:40:25 AM »

Slipdisc, I understand that-you missed my point. Maybe Buckethead just doesn't want any Gnr discussion on his board at all. You can discuss his involvement at other sites.

No really I didn't miss your point...

Him not wanting any GNR discussions on his board wouldn't make any sense, like you said before "the gnr sections wasn't actually happening". Why remove something that what constructed with such solid reasons (No gnr on the regular board), to prevent things from happening that weren't happening at the first place (fierce discussions)?

When Buckethead still is in GNR, removing that paticular section would make no sense at all. edit: Even if some other great site is coming or whatever, they just want something to direct people to who want to discuss GNR on Bucketheadland.

The board is still there (http://www.bucketheadland.com/BoardBucketList.asp?brd=2), it's just not linked like it was. We'll know soon enough if Bucket is really out of GN'R.

That would be nice but didn't you see what the admin said? It might be still possible to view the board (as we all see) but the official way to get there is gone, the admin even confirmed it in his mail..

-PEACE-

« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 10:46:16 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2004, 10:51:40 AM »

Lets hope for the best, but after Laswell and this it's increasingly difficult for me...

-PEACE-

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2004, 10:52:34 AM »

well... if buckethead isn't in the band, i just might not go to the concert after all, as much as i love Axl and Gnr, Buckethead brought this band alive for me, so, i dunno. i'll just wait and see

Chinese Democracy!
madagas
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2004, 11:00:28 AM »

Slipdisc, I'm with you. This isn't good at all...just trying to be positive. I wonder if Dizzy's "details" that need to be worked out is in reference to individual band members contracts, record label disagreements, etc. I imagine this is considered a fresh start for the band and maybe Axl could not strike a deal with Buckethead going forward. It will take an act of God to get this album released. Angry
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2004, 11:00:53 AM »

Maybe some of you just missed the concept of Bucketheadland?

Yeah Bucketheadland probably are mistaken about their own concept, after all it's them who constructed the GNR-board in the first place...

Roll Eyes

-PEACE-

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2004, 11:01:25 AM »

This is amazing, Lots of rumours about positive things instantly shot down in flames, 1 messageboard goes missing, and all hell breaks loose about what it must mean

Roll Eyes

@#$%Muther
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2004, 11:04:44 AM »

This isn't good at all...just trying to be positive.

It's always good to stay positive please do so! The thing with me is that I heard Laswell say these things in Belgium... that's what makes it hard for me to stay positive (especially with this thing happening).

-PEACE-

Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2004, 11:22:14 AM »

After all it's just a website. Nothing less, nothing more. Just a website. Relax.

It's just Buckethead's official website of which the admin regularly speaks to Buckethead to be informed about the latest news. Relax?

-PEACE-

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2004, 11:23:10 AM »

Maybe some of you just missed the concept of Bucketheadland?

Yeah Bucketheadland probably are mistaken about their own concept, after all it's them who constructed the GNR-board in the first place...

Roll Eyes

-PEACE-

After all it's just a website. Nothing less, nothing more. Just a website. Relax.  Grin

I still think it is irresponsible to make a change like this to a website without explaining
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 11:23:51 AM by Mysteron » Logged
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2004, 11:26:27 AM »

I still think it is irresponsible to make a change like this to a website without explaining

Agreed. Just a short message to explain the situation, so there would be no room for speculation.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2004, 11:30:25 AM »

I think that the actual changing of the website is an explanation. When the GNR-camp is holding on to the information-flow (even if Buckethead is out he might not be allowed to bring news on GNR), this is the only way to make some sort of a statement...

Bucketheadland can be forced to not talk about GNR, but they can't be forced by GNR to maintain the facilities (GNR-section) relevant to GNR they created themselves...

-PEACE-

« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 11:30:57 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

Skeba & Mysteron,

Are either of you suggesting (meaning you have some firsthand knowledge) that the explanation is other than what is being assumed here?

Just fishing for some clarification

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2004, 11:45:23 AM »

Skeba & Mysteron,

Are either of you suggesting (meaning you have some firsthand knowledge) that the explanation is other than what is being assumed here?

I'm not checking Buckethead's status again.....I'm just saying that this change to Bhead's official website will lead some to conclude that he has left....which is irresponsible

Now, Greg, webmaster of Bucketheadland.com is just a paid puppet. He does what he is told, so it has nothing to do with him. I assume his instructions have come from Bhead himself, so it is he that is being irresponsible

Edit --> I checked again anyway, he's still with gnr, so don't worry
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 11:48:00 AM by Mysteron » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2004, 11:50:10 AM »

Skeba & Mysteron,

I'm not checking Buckethead's status again.....I'm just saying that this change to Bhead's official website will lead some to conclude that he has left....which is irresponsible

Now, Greg, webmaster of Bucketheadland.com is just a paid puppet. He does what he is told, so it has nothing to do with him. I assume his instructions have come from Bhead himself, so it is he that is being irresponsible

That's cool.  It just seemed from your post you might KNOW, already, what the reason is, and that it was contrary to the assumed reason within the thread.  I wanted to see if, perhaps, you had more info... Smiley

Together again,
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2004, 11:51:22 AM »

Skeba & Mysteron,

Thanks for that!
Nothing new (in sight) regarding the album/tour?

Best regards,

N ! 3 |(
rockTHEworld
Headliner

gnfr rockin the world again....soon....

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2004, 11:52:11 AM »

great to hear that mysteron!! you rule  Grin
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2004, 11:53:27 AM »

Greg has shown on numerous occasions that he is running his own show overthere. I highly doubt that somebody who is as loyal to (all) his fans as Buckethead would approve of something like this.

Unless this is the only way he can put out a clear signal about his future in GNR (The ride is non-operational and non-functional), without violating any prior agreements with GNR.

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 11:59:51 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2004, 11:58:21 AM »

I really wish I could still believe in that, but one of Buck's biggest friends and now his official website really seem to point out different things....

-PEACE-

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2004, 12:10:19 PM »

I really wish I could still believe in that, but one of Buck's biggest friends and now his official website really seem to point out different things....

-PEACE-

In truth, the web site didn't really say anything.  We're just making assumptions. In truth, I can see a few reasons why the board would be removed:

1) BH has left the band

2) GnR is about to "relaunch" and they want all the fans centralized, rather than posting at the individual members sites.

3) The webmaster got fed up with the amount of work it takes to mod that forum.  Since all the posts have to be "approved" by the mod(s) before they appear, I imagine that would be quite a bit of work.  Filtering the BS rumors and "anti GnR" posts might have been a bit too much.  

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: