Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:27:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus  (Read 9028 times)
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2004, 01:49:02 AM »

I think Fortus is amazing, he has a Gn'R look, and he can shred the guitar like a bitch.  For example, the solos on Nov. Rain and the Solos on The Blues.  A-fuckin'-mazing! ok

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2004, 03:46:13 AM »

I have nothing against Fortus musically...

But...

I fucking hate his stage antics.  The goofy guitar punching antics look like something straight out of a junior high cover band.  

For me, watching him on stage is something akin to a car wreck, you try to look away, but you can't.  

It's just that horrific..    

Im a little surprised by this...

Musically, like most I assume, Im unfamiliar with him so I have no opinion there.  I only know that I like the few Love Spit Love songs Ive heard (I love "Am I Wrong") but I suspect most of the credit there goes to Richard Butler.

Performance-wise, Fortus is great.  Hes got a very cool style to him, and he just looks like hes really having fun.  His attitude seems more "GNR" than the rest.  Hes one of the bands best additions, although I still dont see why three guitarists is necessary.
twitcher
Headliner

path / stream junction

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2004, 03:56:40 AM »

Fortus is good.  ok

Although I do feel he uses the punches a little too often which kinda loses any 'emotion' and tends towards a gimmick.  peace
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 03:57:33 AM by twitcher » Logged
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2004, 06:11:36 PM »

I think Fortus is amazing, he has a Gn'R look, and he can shred the guitar like a bitch.  For example, the solos on Nov. Rain and the Solos on The Blues.  A-fuckin'-mazing! ok

Fortus, along with Axl (depending on how he'll look and sing), Tommy and Dizzy are the menbers who will make old and new fans happy. Fortus' solos are great, specially the outro solo on The Blues.

off-topic:
BH and Finck are not well accepted by many old fans, because they don?t look like old GNR. But, eventually will make them happy.
But the great problem in my opinion is Brain, although he is a cool guy, he?s not a good player and don?t seem to fit GNR... he?d be better placed in some new metal band, like Limp Bizkt.  drool

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2004, 10:21:51 PM »

I have nothing against Fortus musically...

But...

I fucking hate his stage antics.  The goofy guitar punching antics look like something straight out of a junior high cover band.  

For me, watching him on stage is something akin to a car wreck, you try to look away, but you can't.  

It's just that horrific..    

Im a little surprised by this...

Hes one of the bands best additions, although I still dont see why three guitarists is necessary.

That's part of the reason I'm so turned off by his stage antics, he the third fucking guitarist for cryin' out loud.  It almost as though he's making up for most of his work not being necessary by calling attention to himself with his air guitar act...

He reminds me of a football player that beats his chest after a 2 yard run....when it's 4th and 8...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 10:22:55 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: