Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:05:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last night's GN'R Special ROCKED!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last night's GN'R Special ROCKED!  (Read 4192 times)
badapple81
« on: March 13, 2004, 05:39:48 PM »

Hey guys

Just thought id send you all a quick note that we had a GN'R Special on 'Rage' last night here in Australia.

Usual video list.. but includedYCBM! Ive finally got it now!! And Welcome To The Jungle Live Era!

I thought the WTTJ Live Era was cool.. it showed exactly how Guns N' Roses were the most unpredictable dangerous band in the world! All that stuff going on in the video was a good analogy (although of course music is trivial compared to the sadness caused by these tragedies) as to just how chaotic the GNR world was!

Axl rocking hard in the YCBM and Live Era clips was a great reminder of what a superstar he was among all the kids at the time. The clips do so much more to remind everyone just how awesome and intense it all was than the GH ever could.

Jet were guest programmers last night but didnt introduce or mention anything about GN'R, it was just the clips.. your usual GN'R Special I guess but extra special for me cos I finally got the 2 clips I wanted  ok  peace

WTTJ, SCOM, PC, Patience, YCBM, Dont Cry, LALD, KOHD (inc. intro), NR, Yesterdays, Garden of Eden, Civil War, Estranged, Since I dont Have You and WTTJ Live Era  beer

beer
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 05:54:54 PM »

Dont drink all these beers.....  beer
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 07:21:50 PM »

It was excelent hey.. ok
It had every clip that should have been on "welcome to the videos"..only one missing was its so easy from live era  Sad
I hope you taped it...i did.. beer
Good to see guns clips on TV again...... peace peace
Lets hope we can see some more NEW clips on there soon. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
badapple81
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 10:11:57 PM »

DemocracyRose.. its Sunday.. the day of Beer drinking!

Yep was great to see GN'R back on TV here..

I taped it.. and am going to put it back on soon for WTTJ Live Era and YCBM.. i had forgotten how good they are.

I reckon those clips like that promote what GNR was and is all about far more than anything ive seen for the greatest hits  or even GH itself.

One another GNR special that was on here, it had the Live & Let Die live from Wembley 91 that was also used as a video clip as well as the one with all the photos and live shots (studio recording version).
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 11:42:12 PM »

yeah i taped it...........after all those years on the rage guestbook asking for a guns n roses special. THen.......right when i give up.............they pull a fast one and out of the blue there's a guns n roses special! beer

it was f'in awesome.

i wonder why all of a sudden they had a guns special......i dont think it was my constant begging.........maybe they heard CD was coming out "SOON".  rofl
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 12:37:54 AM »

Im sure the special was on because of the Greatest hits CD... when is it out in Australia??

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 03:13:56 AM »

Yeah i caught it just in time it was fuckin awesome

WTTJ LIVE ERA was the best clip

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
badapple81
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 05:08:44 AM »

I'm not sure when it comes out here.

I havent seen any promos out in the record stores, any ads or anything.

Although when it does come out.. the guy at the local record store who we've known for years, is giving me all the GH promo posters and stuff  ok

I taped the whole show, thought it was on long play cos I went to sleep and I wasnt sure what time it was on Rage! WTTJ Live Era was cool.. wish they had Its So Easy Live Era too!

Had some Nirvana on last night too.. not a special tho.. just a couple of live clips from their old live album.. I think its coming up to 10 years since Kurts death isnt it? So there will probably be lotsa Nirvana specials coming up. Anyway thats another topic and isnt half as good as a GNR special  beer
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 05:09:39 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 08:14:29 AM »

I'm not sure when it comes out here.

Catalogue: 9862116
Format: CD
Released: 22 Mar 2004
Label: USM
A$29.99 (Incl. GST)

http://www.hmv.com.au/v4/product/rockpop.asp?sku=918834

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
badapple81
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 04:22:52 PM »

Thanks Jarmo!  ok  beer

Last time I checked HMV they didnt know.

Im going to organise a GNR meetup soon here in Australia where I can share around all the greatest hits posters and promo stuff I get  ok

Off topic.. I hate Monday mornings Sad
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 05:10:04 PM »

Wasnt too bad hey, i didnt realize it was live era for JUNGLE, i was pissin' up with my mates out front and as wttj was finishing i stood still and noticed there was a live crowd. I dropped my rumbo and bolted for the lounge room, just caught the end. To reassure myself it was tapeing i checked the video player only to find that my girlfriend (drunk) had pressed pause instead of record.!!!!! crying
I dont understand it, there's a big difference between the two buttons. confused

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: