Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 12:43:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227960 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 233240 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1480 on: December 15, 2007, 01:35:51 PM »

The first video fo the album will be (Love Is) A Bitchslap:

Sebastian Bach has just put the finishing touches on the first video from his new solo album, "Angel Down", at Macabre studios in New Jersey. According to Bach, "(Love Is) A Bitchslap" is "a live performance video, filmed at the sold-out Calgary Saddledome and Winnipeg MTS Centre shows. The video kicks ass and I can't wait for you all to see it!! The band is rockin' and we played to over 40,000 of you people those two nights, so on behalf of the band, thanks for letting us star in YOUR video, Calgary and Winnipeg!!"

From Blabbermouth.

I believe the shows were on the GN'R tour last year?

Anyway, hopefully once the video is out, more people will get to hear the song.? Smiley

/jarmo

I assume it will be the version with Axl, but if it's footage from a live show I guess we won't get to see Axl in the video.  Or will we?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #1481 on: December 15, 2007, 01:57:37 PM »

I think 13.000 sold copies is good for an album that's impossible to find. None of the cd stores here (bruges, flanders) sell this album, nor do the 'local' online shops, nor do play.com or cd-wow...
Maybe I'll find it when the video is released, though I doubt I'll ever see the video on tv.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #1482 on: December 16, 2007, 05:34:58 AM »

Great review in the Major Australian paper the sunday herald sun... 4 1/2 stars out of 5.. beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1483 on: December 16, 2007, 07:31:49 PM »

Last Friday I bought Angel Down. I really like this album. The songs with Axl are very good. But, in general I think that is a good album. My husband is not a diehard fan of GNR or Sebastian Bach, but he likes the songs too. It was funny because I had gone to some stores in Bogot? and when I ask for Sebastian Bach, people take me to the classic music section. Last Friday I went to Tower Records and they knows who Sebastian Bach is, but I believe the CD I bought was the only one they had. Well, I am very happy with my CD and it is very touching for me to hear to Axl in studio.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1484 on: December 17, 2007, 01:15:35 PM »

The first video fo the album will be (Love Is) A Bitchslap:

Sebastian Bach has just put the finishing touches on the first video from his new solo album, "Angel Down", at Macabre studios in New Jersey. According to Bach, "(Love Is) A Bitchslap" is "a live performance video, filmed at the sold-out Calgary Saddledome and Winnipeg MTS Centre shows. The video kicks ass and I can't wait for you all to see it!! The band is rockin' and we played to over 40,000 of you people those two nights, so on behalf of the band, thanks for letting us star in YOUR video, Calgary and Winnipeg!!"

From Blabbermouth.

I believe the shows were on the GN'R tour last year?

Anyway, hopefully once the video is out, more people will get to hear the song.  Smiley

/jarmo

Baz said in an interview that he has "one shot" at a video.  Since this is a performance video...I wonder if there will be another?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #1485 on: December 17, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »

It?d be awesome if Axl starred on the video... but yeah... that?s asking a bit too much lol  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1486 on: December 17, 2007, 02:14:07 PM »

Baz said in an interview that he has "one shot" at a video.? Since this is a performance video...I wonder if there will be another?

I've read in i think 3 different interviews that he said he'll at least get to do 2 videos.. and the one he'd chose as second will be by your side
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1487 on: December 17, 2007, 08:05:41 PM »

Baz said in an interview that he has "one shot" at a video.  Since this is a performance video...I wonder if there will be another?

I've read in i think 3 different interviews that he said he'll at least get to do 2 videos.. and the one he'd chose as second will be by your side

I re-read the interview and he says "if" I only get one shot.  Good to hear that he has said he'll get to do 2 videos.  And yes he seems to want to do "By Your Side".  From the interview.

Rock My Monkey:  Is there any plans for a video single for this release.

Sebastian Bach: Yes. But we?re figuring out what song. I mean, if it was up to me and we only had one choice, I would pick ?By Your Side? to do a video for. But radio is freaking out about ?Back In The Saddle?. They also love ?Love Is A Bitch Slap?. And also a song that nobody?s thought of yet, that I think really could be the biggest song is a song called ?Stuck Inside?, which to me sounds like it could have a real shot at the radio today because of the way it sounds. So we can?t choose right now. Because if I only get one shot, I got to go with ?By Your Side?, because I think that?s the one that people will, at the end of the day, freak out about.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1488 on: December 19, 2007, 05:17:32 AM »

Stuck Inside is to me, the best song on the album.

I haven't been able to get into "By your Side'

I think it lacks the power that the Skid Row ballads had. I just don't feel this song. To Me it sounds like Sebastian going through the motions and holding his voice back............

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1489 on: December 19, 2007, 07:24:16 AM »

I think it lacks the power that the Skid Row ballads had. I just don't feel this song. To Me it sounds like Sebastian going through the motions and holding his voice back............

I love 'by your side',reminds me a lot of 'i remember you' by skid row.I agree 'stuck inside' is one of the best songs on the album yes
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #1490 on: December 19, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »

i think ''by your side ''workz for me.it will make a great video.i loved the song right away.

the one an only horsey !
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #1491 on: December 19, 2007, 06:28:51 PM »

Info for Portuguese and Spanish people around here:

ANGEL DOWN is available at El Corte Ingles? Grin? yes? ok Though it's quite costly purchase 19,95 euro? Tongue
Bought my copy yesterday at Vila Nova de Gaia? Smiley And didn't have time to listen to it yet? Sad

edit: it's also available at FNAC:

http://www.fnac.pt/pt/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cIndex=1&catalog=discos&categoryN=Discos&category=hardHeavyPunk&product=5099951501822
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 06:36:31 PM by Tynia » Logged

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1492 on: December 19, 2007, 06:36:53 PM »

Agreed on "Stuck Inside".

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #1493 on: December 21, 2007, 09:00:40 AM »

Info for Portuguese and Spanish people around here:

ANGEL DOWN is available at El Corte Ingles  Grin  yes  ok Though it's quite costly purchase 19,95 euro  Tongue
Bought my copy yesterday at Vila Nova de Gaia  Smiley And didn't have time to listen to it yet  Sad

edit: it's also available at FNAC:

http://www.fnac.pt/pt/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cIndex=1&catalog=discos&categoryN=Discos&category=hardHeavyPunk&product=5099951501822

I'm from Barcelona and already bought this album, it cost me 13,99?

Also I was surprised 'coz when I openened the case, I could see pictures from Barcelona's temple Sagrada Fam?lia and another picture taken from the temple to the city. Is it the same in all the countries or just put these pictures in the spanish version?   (Is a bit stupid ask this, I know but I'm curious why he chose Barcelona....)
Barney Fife
Opening Act

"Nip it! Nip it! Nip it!"

« Reply #1494 on: December 21, 2007, 03:29:57 PM »

Who is "Big Honey"?

I bought the CD, it said Big Honey is the assistant to Mr. Rose. It is the last sentence on the inside of the CD.

"There once was a deputy called Fife,
Who carried a gun and a knife.
The gun was all dusty,
And his knife was all rusty,
Because he never caught a crook in his life."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1495 on: December 21, 2007, 03:55:41 PM »

the assistant to Mr. Rose.

betcha that's beta.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1496 on: December 21, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »

Double agreed with russtcb and D.  That voice is Axl fucking Rose.  Kick-ass lyrics.  Pealing the layers of emotions away...classic Axl.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1497 on: December 23, 2007, 10:37:08 AM »

Double agreed with russtcb and D.  That voice is Axl fucking Rose.  Kick-ass lyrics.  Pealing the layers of emotions away...classic Axl.   beer

Yep. I love that he came in, heard the tune, wrote the cross melody and lyrics, kicked ass vocally and took off. What a bad ass.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1498 on: December 23, 2007, 12:46:25 PM »

the Philadelphia Inquirer reviewed Angel Down in today's "New Releases."  i guess it's better late than never.

they gave it 2.5 out of 4 stars. i cannot find the review on thier website. i was glad to see a positive review of the album, but he takes a shot at Axl in the process.

The reviewer, A.D. Amorosi (who has ripped most metal over the years) says "it's a shame that most of the attention paid to Angel Down has been focused on Bach's 3-song duet partner...".

he goes on to say that Axl is "metal's most overrated singer" and Bach is its most underrated. but he says they are "shockingly good together. The solo tracks are better, though."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1499 on: December 23, 2007, 03:54:48 PM »

It's so damn easy to get yourself attention by taking a shot at Axl Rose I'm surprised anyone even bothers anymore.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: