Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:01:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who Broke GNR Up in your Opinion?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Broke GNR Up in your Opinion?  (Read 13116 times)
rosefilth
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2004, 05:17:21 PM »

i think it mite well have been steve, he did fuck things up, but then it mite also be izzy, not his fault, just when he left, axl gets alot of shit [some of it he doesnt deserve] now hes become a scape goat for everything thats wrong with "guns n roses"
Parasite
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2004, 05:30:34 PM »

I think it was Axl's wanting to explore different styles of music. But even if it was Axl's ego, ego is something that you'll eventually come across in a business like that. And if Slash, Duff, and Matt didn't wanna have to put up with ego, then I think they made a bad choice choosing Scott Weiland as their frontman.  Roll Eyes
slash92
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2004, 11:30:28 PM »

I will give you the real answer drugs and booze smoking beer
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2004, 05:03:12 PM »

Axl outgrew the rest

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2004, 07:07:18 AM »

Axl outgrew the rest

Well said.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
AsXpLy
Rocker

guitar god

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2004, 11:18:47 AM »

the iron fist Wink

the 8TH AND FINAL RULE OF THE FIGHT CLUB IS:
IF IT?S YOUR FIRST NIGHT IN THE FIGHT CLUB.... YOU HAVE TO FIGHT!

[IMG]http://www.newgnr.com/bbs/images/avatars/gallery/gnr/axl19.gif[
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2004, 04:41:01 AM »

I would say the same drugs/alcohol that made AFD so great and powerful, took the band to new places but ripped all the members apart

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Midnight
Opening Act

I'll get back to you...

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2004, 07:13:07 PM »

I don't blame Izzy.   Izzy is a fantastic song writter and played a huge part in making Gn'R what they were.   He wasn't enjoying the fame, maybe he wasn't made for it but he gave us some great memories and songs.   I do not blame Izzy for parting ways with the band, if he wasn't happy then he had every right to do so and I wished him the best.

I don't blame Slash or Duff.   Both are huge rock stars and back in the day were commited to Gn'R, they are both great musicians and are now tearing it up with Velvet Revolver.   Their love for rock and roll never died, what happened was Axl wanted to take the band in a new direction, one they didn't agree with.   They are rock and roll players, not industrial or whatever else Axl was thinking of when he decided to take the band in a new direction.   They didn't up and leave, they went on and eventually when it became clear Axl wanted to take the band in a new direction and that was that, they went their seperate ways.

I do blame Axl Rose.   Not for wanting to take a new direction in music but for deciding it all on his own and all but saying, it was his way or the high way.   Surely changing the direction of a band should be a group decision, but no not with Axl Rose.   It is quite clear that Axl does what he wants, when he wants and if you don't agree he stand his ground and waits until he can do it without you or your blessing.

Slash, Duff and Matt Sorum still love rock and roll and are making music together, the relationship between those guys and their desire to make music is still in working order.   Izzy has no problem with any of those guys as far as I know, and at one point was helping with Velvet Revolver's song writting.   That leaves Axl, I don't hate the guy but it never seems to point to anything but him being the problem.

It is all history anyway, and I still love Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Sorum and Adler.

After thinking long and hard, this is what I came up with...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 07:00:55 PM »

I think they met up with Yoko Ono on the Asian leg of the UYI tour and SHE RIPPED THEM APART

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
hynzie
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 06:53:14 PM »

Axl and his ego.But the cracks began to show after izzy left.

and page your right Axl should not use the GNR name
I want to hear the new album but i wish he would stop calling his band GNR because it isn't.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2004, 07:40:13 PM »

Axl and his ego.But the cracks began to show after izzy left.

and page your right Axl should not use the GNR name
I want to hear the new album but i wish he would stop calling his band GNR because it isn't.

Yeah thats been debated so much, the guy from Days of New did the same thing

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
SLASH2365
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2004, 10:37:32 PM »

it started to go downhill when Steven left, went worse when Izzy left, and started to piss everyone off when Gilby was fired. oh yeah then they fired matt after SLASH left and then duff left, now its not as good as the old days. cmon we want a fuckin reunion

"The Blues are realy important, that's where most of the hard rock n' roll came from." - Izzy Stradlin
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2004, 09:49:03 PM »

I think God broke them up.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2004, 09:31:08 PM »

The answer is fame.
Fame makes people egotistical
Fame makes people jealous
Fame makes people stubborn
Fame makes people paranoid
Fame makes people uncompromising
Fame makes people hubristic
Fame makes people lose perspective
Fame makes people controling
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2004, 01:41:42 AM »

I think the "domino reaction" theory sounds pretty logical: Steven was fired for drug abuse and Izzy didn't like this at all and thought it was hypocritical.  Then on the uyi tour when the band started turning into a circus act he had enough and quit. Of course now Axl got delusions of grandure about being the king of the world and he also started acting like it which eventually led to Slash quitting in 1996 and finally Duff in 1997. Now it's just Axl and a bunch of hired backround musicians and Axl has complete control and can do whatever he wants to, but it's just not the same band anymore..  Cry

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2004, 04:20:14 PM »

It was not Axl's fault.. at all! The band chose to be in a band with Axl in the first place and they later chose to leave! End of!
I think that it all got too much for Izzy n since Steven had already gone i think slash n duff realised things were falling apart!

It's evolution, baby!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2004, 04:25:26 PM »

what i dont get is how people sayin Axl's ego. How about Slash's ego? i think Slash is the one that had an ego just as big as Axl's and instead of compromising with axl he thought "im fuckin SLash, i can start another band and be successful" Slash leaving GNR ultimately ended the original band

Axl slash and anyone else could still legitimately be recognized as GNR to most people, when he left Axl had all the power, SLash couldve held out and compromised here and there but left GNR that ended the band!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2004, 06:04:22 PM »

They all did! But in Axl's defense, he was open all along about what he wanted. They didn't have the guts to speak up.  And in a way I'm glad, He's better off without them. And at the same time I wish them the best.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Elrothiel
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2004, 09:10:41 PM »

I think it was a whole mixture of things! But mainly I think it was because none of the other members liked the way the music was going. They wanted to be a down and dirty rock n' roll band, and Axl wanted to make more.....majestic sounding songs, so he brought on the orchestra. The rest of the band didn't like that because they didn't share Axl's vision.
But hey! I wasn't there, that's only what I think happened. It could have been any number of things, from drugs and alcohol abuse to the clashing of egos from all band members. What can I say, they all had pretty big egos, and they had every right to, they were Guns N' Roses!!
But.....what goes up, must come down. Its the laws of physics. [rofl]
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2004, 04:24:56 PM »

I think that Axl caused the rest of the band to feel a bit out of the scene since he took most of the important decisions. But also he is responsable of creating the best songs GNR ever had, so its fair. If those guys can't handle evolutionating from the 80's hard rock to something that is way more than just average rock, then its their problem, Axl adapts to new musical eras like David Bowie and that is just amazing. I think that Izzy also has certain evolution in his music, but as we all can see Duff, Slash and Matt are just interested in sticking to the same old good stuff, wich is also valid but not so interesting I think.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: