Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:09:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  which gnr member best musician??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: which gnr member best musician??  (Read 2310 times)
Leah_RocketQueen
Headliner

Wanna be Mrs.Duff!

« on: September 23, 2004, 07:33:40 PM »

Which GNR member in the band now or an ex-meber do you think has the most music talent or ability??

This doesn't mean what member you like best. Which one do you think knew more about actual "music" as in, notes, scales, and etc. I would have to say...probably axl, because he was in a church choir as a kid so he would have to know notes and read music. Slash didnt get professional training til the band got started, so he doesnt really count. lol. neither does steven, he taught himself how to play drums.

Don't You Cry Tonight
Dizzy
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 10:09:01 PM »

None of them are really more talented than another, because you're comparing apples and oranges.? Singing is different than guitar playing, so you can't say that Axl is more talented than Slash, or vice versa.? Drumming is different than bass, so you can't say Steven was better than Duff, or vice versa.

All five were (and are) talented musicians in different respects, that's why the original GNR was the best band ever, because they all brought their own unique element to the table.? If one member could write and play more than one instrument (and play them well), then you could make a judgment.? But when they're all divided by their instrumental differences, it would inaccurate to say "this guy is more talented than that guy".

Inevitably, people will end up choosing their favorite member as the "best musician".

Oh yeah, and just because Slash and Steven taught themselves how to play their respective instruments doesn't mean they don't know anything about music.? I strongly believe that self-instruction is a much better way to learn music.? It forces you to create your own style rather than simply learning the conventional methods of playng.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 02:22:45 PM »

Well said Dizzy.  ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 02:39:58 PM »

Oh yeah, and just because Slash and Steven taught themselves how to play their respective instruments doesn't mean they don't know anything about music.? I strongly believe that self-instruction is a much better way to learn music.? It forces you to create your own style rather than simply learning the conventional methods of playng.

yes

Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page didn't know how to read sheet music.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 02:57:37 PM »

Duff's the BEST!!!

Lmao- only joking I agree with Dizzy!  ok

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 08:59:07 PM »

None of them are really more talented than another, because you're comparing apples and oranges.? Singing is different than guitar playing, so you can't say that Axl is more talented than Slash, or vice versa.? Drumming is different than bass, so you can't say Steven was better than Duff, or vice versa.

All five were (and are) talented musicians in different respects, that's why the original GNR was the best band ever, because they all brought their own unique element to the table.? If one member could write and play more than one instrument (and play them well), then you could make a judgment.? But when they're all divided by their instrumental differences, it would inaccurate to say "this guy is more talented than that guy".

Inevitably, people will end up choosing their favorite member as the "best musician".

*Aplause* well said man.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: