Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227832 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Video Trilogy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video Trilogy  (Read 3600 times)
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 06, 2004, 11:41:50 PM »

I heard Duff saying that November Rain,Dont Cry and Estranged are a trilogy...telling the same story just diffrent aspects of it...
I was just wondering what parts of the stories each video tells..November Rain is the wedding and funeral, Dont Cry is Im guessing the muder or death and Estranged is the getting caught one?!? Am I wrong? Thanks to anyone with info!  Grin
Erin
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 05:28:13 AM »

I heard Duff saying that November Rain,Dont Cry and Estranged are a trilogy...telling the same story just diffrent aspects of it...
I was just wondering what parts of the stories each video tells..November Rain is the wedding and funeral, Dont Cry is Im guessing the muder or death and Estranged is the getting caught one?!? Am I wrong? Thanks to anyone with info!  Grin
Erin

that makes sense.. except Estranged.. i have no idea what the hell is going on in the Estranged video.. that's probably why i like it.. cuz of its randomness.. but i dunno how it plays in w/ the other 2..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 08:48:58 AM »

I was just wondering what parts of the stories each video tells..November Rain is the wedding and funeral, Dont Cry is Im guessing the muder or death and Estranged is the getting caught one?!? Am I wrong? Thanks to anyone with info!? Grin
Erin

that makes sense.. except Estranged.. i have no idea what the hell is going on in the Estranged video.. that's probably why i like it.. cuz of its randomness.. but i dunno how it plays in w/ the other 2..

that's maybe why the cops are after AXL in his mansion on Estranged, and the whole jumping off the vessel thing is to...get away ?? Cool....I didnt know it was a trilogy...although I suspected some kind of a link between november rain and? dont cry because of the presence of stephanie seymour and the whole cemetary thing. ok

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 11:23:28 AM »

The Estranged video does'nt make sense because, Axl had to change the script. Stephanie was suppose to be part of it. When they broke up Axl went in a different direction. And if you read Del James's story Without You, the videos make more sense.

By the way Dels book is great, if you haven't read it, please do!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 01:09:54 PM »

Thanks for the info!  hihi

I also love the Estranged video for the total and complete random-ness...The song is definitley one of there best, the guitar in it is amazing. And the video, although strange, very good..

I love it when artists make videos into stories like that...November Rain and Don't Cry are awesome as well...Duff says Dont Cry is his favorite video...
Erin
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 04:10:36 PM »

you know november rain... there is the big "how did she die?" thing. well, i haven't read del james book but for anyone who has is this right?
My theory is that it was amurder.. cos of the bit where axl is walkin on his own at night n he is going towards a shop that says 'guns'.
is that right? or even close?

It's evolution, baby!
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 04:15:39 PM »

after completing an ever-lasting analyzation, while going through several sheets of paper and sketching arrows to connect each theme/scene, i present you with my own interpretation of the guns n' roses video trilogy. it at least makes sense to me.

part I, don't cry: fight over axl cheating, for he is merely a rockstar; axl goes to therapy for multiple personality disorder; axl is reincarnated in order to start over and stay faithful with stephanie.

part II, november rain: axl swallows some pills in an attempt to cure his insomnia; axl dreams back to his wedding; axl walks alone down a street, passing a store for GUNS; the downpour of rain at the reception foreshadows danger; stephanie supposedly shoots herself, although not confirmed.

part III, estranged: a swat team searches axl's house because he is missing; axl falls asleep thinking of dylan, whom he is no longer permitted to communicate with; [dylan takes over the meaning of the song/video since stephanie, in actuality, is no longer his significant other]; dolphins emblematize serenity, which is what axl longs for; axl cannot tolerate his loneliness, therefore attempting to commit suicide off of an aircraft carrier; axl is eventually saved, and he tries to move on with his life.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 04:25:11 PM »

I'll buy it. ok

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 02:53:11 AM »

To me, each video comes full circle on its own.

Don't Cry starts out with a shot of a baby, who is submerged in water. The baby is Axl. As the baby goes under the memories of his relationship play back to him. During the video, the demons which cause the trouble in his relationship die. We see the headstone. At the end, the baby emerges from the water, cleansed. A baptism if you will.

We move onto November Rain, Axl is a new person is heading towards his wedding. However, unseen by us, Stephanie has changed in some way and takes her own life.

Estranged is Axl dealing with the loss of Stephanie and the loss of all the promise his life had at the end of Don't Cry. He re-enters a time of trouble, but is eventually saved.

That's real short, with no elaboration, but that's what I think is, more or less, happening in those videos.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 03:05:55 AM »

Well, going by the Del James story, she shoots herself after Axl, his character was "M-something" in the story, cheats on her and she catches him.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Tessa
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004, 07:54:05 PM »

Yea, she kills herself. Thats why in the video you can only see half her face. its divided by a mirror.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 01:11:01 PM »

But didn't they say Estranged was Part IV seriously I dont get it and its the 4th in the triology so does any one know what part 3 there is a missing link thats why maybe Estranged doesn't make sense

EEEERRRR Little boy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: