Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:51:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  INTERESTING SUBJECT AT HAND HERE...
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: INTERESTING SUBJECT AT HAND HERE...  (Read 9154 times)
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: October 14, 2004, 08:45:44 PM »

let me just start by saying that in no way shape or form is this to start a heated argument.? i just want to point out the obvious FACTS at hand, something so many of you have refused to accept.

a lot of you that support axls cover band use the argument that "they are a band, its not just axls band".? well it cant be anymore clear than what axls bass player said in the new interview posted a couple of days ago.? Im going to make bold some of the clear words for you guys too...

"HTGTH: You've all been writing songs for it? Everyone's basically credited for every song?

Tommy: Yeah, I mean, I think pretty much everyone's brought something to the plate that we've turned into one thing or the other. I don't know if the song or two I wrote is necessarily gonna make this record or the next record. But everyone's brought stuff together that we've worked out and turned into stuff and it'll probably used at some point one way or the other. We've all contributed to pretty much everything on it in some form or another, you know."

wow, i knew all along the guys were just a part of axls project using the gnr name, but some of you refuse to accept it for some reason Huh? i mean come on, the facts are right here.? jarmo asked a straight forward question..."EVERYONES BASICALLY CREDITED FOR EVERY SONG?"? he gives garbage replies.? he didnt say at one point that he or anybody else would be credited AT ALL.? he pussy footed around and said everybody has added stuff in some form or another that will be used in some way or another, lol.? HILARITY at its best Wink?

one more thing, he should of thought about this before he said it because he just shot himself in the foot bigtime..."I don't know if the song or two I wrote is necessarily gonna make this record or the next record".? i thought CD was already in its final stages of mixing and thats all?? he doesnt even know what songs are going to be on it, lol. HILARITY at its best Wink?

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 08:48:41 PM by Music For Life » Logged

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 08:47:58 PM »

Its pretty obvious that this is mainly Axls projects and the other guys arent completely clued in - so what?
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 01:14:17 AM »

thats right booker, so fuckin' what,
just give it up dude, they're not tellin' us anything, we dont know shit n' they do, seems the plan is working!!! ok

It's Guns N' Roses so just fucking accept it already....can we yes no

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 07:48:25 AM »

let me just start by saying that in no way shape or form is this to start a heated argument.? i just want to point out the obvious FACTS at hand, something so many of you have refused to accept.

a lot of you that support axls cover band use the argument that "they are a band, its not just axls band".? well it cant be anymore clear than what axls bass player said in the new interview posted a couple of days ago.? Im going to make bold some of the clear words for you guys too...

"HTGTH: You've all been writing songs for it? Everyone's basically credited for every song?

Tommy: Yeah, I mean, I think pretty much everyone's brought something to the plate that we've turned into one thing or the other. I don't know if the song or two I wrote is necessarily gonna make this record or the next record. But everyone's brought stuff together that we've worked out and turned into stuff and it'll probably used at some point one way or the other. We've all contributed to pretty much everything on it in some form or another, you know."

wow, i knew all along the guys were just a part of axls project using the gnr name, but some of you refuse to accept it for some reason Huh? i mean come on, the facts are right here.? jarmo asked a straight forward question..."EVERYONES BASICALLY CREDITED FOR EVERY SONG?"? he gives garbage replies.? he didnt say at one point that he or anybody else would be credited AT ALL.? he pussy footed around and said everybody has added stuff in some form or another that will be used in some way or another, lol.? HILARITY at its best Wink?

one more thing, he should of thought about this before he said it because he just shot himself in the foot bigtime..."I don't know if the song or two I wrote is necessarily gonna make this record or the next record".? i thought CD was already in its final stages of mixing and thats all?? he doesnt even know what songs are going to be on it, lol. HILARITY at its best Wink?

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its like a merry go round when you post messages on here. Here we go again!! Do you do it just to antagonise people? Cause they sure ent constructive messages!

Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 12:59:09 PM »

^^instead of assuming im trying to start an argument right off the bat, read the first sentence again.  im not giving my opinions, im giving FACTS.  something you people and the people on mygnrforum.com seem to refuse to get through your heads.  now please, just read the post again and if you have something to back up your feelings them present them otherwise stop looking for a fight that isnt gonna happen ok

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 01:31:24 PM »

I though it was an interesting post...if you don't like the subject then FUCK OFF....nobody made you read it? I thought this was a msg. board? wtf are we supposed to discuss besides the latest happenings?  Maybe if we could get some real news from anyone in GNR we wouldn't have to discuss stupid shit like this!
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 03:28:33 PM »

I though it was an interesting post...if you don't like the subject then FUCK OFF....nobody made you read it? I thought this was a msg. board? wtf are we supposed to discuss besides the latest happenings?? Maybe if we could get some real news from anyone in GNR we wouldn't have to discuss stupid shit like this!

what is the msg board?

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 03:31:42 PM »

Message Board
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 01:53:08 PM »

Message Board

Wink

you know, this pisses me off that jarmo had to move this topic in here.  nobody hardly comes in here.  its a shame, because it was a really good point i had, but too many people on here are childish and would turn it into a war because they cant stand the fact that somebody proves them wrong.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 04:12:06 PM »

You really think the fans of the band want to discuss your interesting subject on how it's not a real band?

Maybe you also think the same people would like to discuss the topic of Axl being an idiot, a guy who can't do anything right etc?

Obviously it pisses you off that we have a special section for the whiny topics that pop up regularly on this board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 05:45:02 PM »

You really think the fans of the band want to discuss your interesting subject on how it's not a real band?

Maybe you also think the same people would like to discuss the topic of Axl being an idiot, a guy who can't do anything right etc?

Obviously it pisses you off that we have a special section for the whiny topics that pop up regularly on this board.

/jarmo

what you have to understand is that im not giving my opinions.  i present facts and you people cant stand it, thats what i dont get.  are you retarded or something Huh

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 05:49:39 PM »

Facts that Axl is the leader of the band? Wow! That's shocking!  Shocked

Why is that interesting to you?

So what if he is the leader? Does it make the music any worse? Maybe you have "facts" to prove that it would be a bad thing if Axl is indeed the leader of GN'R.

In case you missed the point, this is a GN'R board. Get it? It's for fans of the band, not people who feel like coming here to point out everything that they think is wrong with the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 06:17:23 PM »

In case you missed the point, this is a GN'R board. Get it? It's for fans of the band, not people who feel like coming here to point out everything that they think is wrong with the band.

/jarmo

so what your saying is you guys arent wrong at all and that you want no input from the outside to correct you guys or give feedback from the opposition.  what your also saying is that you cant stand the fact of when your proven wrong and somebody puts your opinions and views into place.  thats a pretty sick and twisted way to live.  if it was just a gnr forum than why is there a vr section and a general section??? 

you see i am a fan of GNR, not axls cover band.  its sickens me that people think its gnr. 

answer me this...am i lying when i say people on here have never said that axls cover band is actually as real as gnr ever was and even more so a band now than gnr ever was? 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2004, 06:53:56 PM »

so what your saying is you guys arent wrong at all and that you want no input from the outside to correct you guys or give feedback from the opposition.? what your also saying is that you cant stand the fact of when your proven wrong and somebody puts your opinions and views into place.? thats a pretty sick and twisted way to live.? if it was just a gnr forum than why is there a vr section and a general section?Huh

Why can't GN'R fans like VR and also be interested in other subjects?

Do I really have to explain that part to you?

I told you at least once already that this board is for fans of GN'R, not people who hate the band. How many ways do I have to tell you that?

I didn't create the site as a way to tell people how much the band sucks.

you see i am a fan of GNR, not axls cover band.? its sickens me that people think its gnr.?

Well, sorry to tell you that you're on the wrong board then.

Again, I think you've been told this fact a few times in the past few days.

answer me this...am i lying when i say people on here have never said that axls cover band is actually as real as gnr ever was and even more so a band now than gnr ever was??

It's GN'R, either you acccept that fact or you just leave and go whine somewhere else.

You can spend all your free time whining about it not being GN'R, but don't think you've come up with something we find interesting to talk about. You see, this place is for people who actually enjoy the music of GN'R, whether it's the old or new band. You on the other hand can't accept the fact that Axl decided to keep calling the band GN'R.

And you're whining about people here not accepting facts.  hihi

/jarmo

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 02:46:55 PM »

Facts that Axl is the leader of the band? Wow! That's shocking!? Shocked

Why is that interesting to you?

maybe i'm wrong but maybe your missing the point......axl being the leader isn't the interesting part, everyone knows that.....the interesting part is that we keep getting these lame answers from the other members of GNR who don't seem to know wtf is going on with their own band!?.....i could care less what the name of the band is.....it doesn't really matter at all...i'm as big a GNR fan as anyone,  but there doesn't seem to be much to get excited about with GNR since 2002.......when we get some real news from the band, your' right GNR fans like myself won't have time for these posts....the fact of the matter is that right now this is prob. the most interesting thing going on with GNR right now.....The point about tommy shooting himself in the foot was quit interesting....I'm as big an Axl/gnr fan as anyone but that doesn't mean that anything negative about them shouldn't be discussed. imo
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »

They can't win with you people. If Tommy didn't say anything about GN'R, you'd be complaning that "who does he think he is ignoring the subject of GN'R?".....

/jarmo

zuppie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 08:06:33 AM »

The "fact" is that there are a bunch of guys who are creating and playing music under the leadership of another guy who has had years of experience in the business.  I'm sure these new guys won't care who gets recognition so long as they get paid and get to do what they love.

Let's look at other facts - thousands of people are dying in wars created by unscrupulous people in power ... thousands of people are being killed in ethnopolitical conflicts because the UN don't have the teeth or political will to stop them

In the light of this ... really ... who gives a fuck?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 12:13:45 PM »

so what your saying is you guys arent wrong at all and that you want no input from the outside to correct you guys or give feedback from the opposition.  what your also saying is that you cant stand the fact of when your proven wrong and somebody puts your opinions and views into place.  thats a pretty sick and twisted way to live.  if it was just a gnr forum than why is there a vr section and a general section??? 

you see i am a fan of GNR, not axls cover band.  its sickens me that people think its gnr. 

answer me this...am i lying when i say people on here have never said that axls cover band is actually as real as gnr ever was and even more so a band now than gnr ever was? 

rant First, I am a woman, therefore, I am never wrong.    hihi

Second... just because you don't think it's GNR, doesn't mean that other people must think the way you think.  You criticize Axl fans for not wanting other people's imput that may oppose thier opinions, but in fact, you are doing the exact same thing you are criticizing other people for.  Basically, what you are saying is that other people are wrong and your opinions (and those belonging to people who might agree with you) are the only valid ones.  If other people choose to think that "axl's cover band" is actually Guns N Roses, then they are welcome to that opinion as well, preferably without you getting sick all over them, please.

In the bigger picture, does it really matter what the band chooses to call itself?  A name doesn't make the band, their collective abilities and personalities do.   Cool

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2004, 02:50:30 PM »

The "fact" is that there are a bunch of guys who are creating and playing music under the leadership of another guy who has had years of experience in the business.? I'm sure these new guys won't care who gets recognition so long as they get paid and get to do what they love.

Let's look at other facts - thousands of people are dying in wars created by unscrupulous people in power ... thousands of people are being killed in ethnopolitical conflicts because the UN don't have the teeth or political will to stop them

In the light of this ... really ... who gives a fuck?

This is a music board, Im not sure if theres a section on this board for that shit but dont bring political shit here ok Its about the music man peace
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2004, 05:37:41 PM »

so what your saying is you guys arent wrong at all and that you want no input from the outside to correct you guys or give feedback from the opposition.? what your also saying is that you cant stand the fact of when your proven wrong and somebody puts your opinions and views into place.? thats a pretty sick and twisted way to live.? if it was just a gnr forum than why is there a vr section and a general section?Huh

you see i am a fan of GNR, not axls cover band.? its sickens me that people think its gnr.?

answer me this...am i lying when i say people on here have never said that axls cover band is actually as real as gnr ever was and even more so a band now than gnr ever was??

? rant First, I am a woman, therefore, I am never wrong.? ? hihi

Second... just because you don't think it's GNR, doesn't mean that other people must think the way you think.? You criticize Axl fans for not wanting other people's imput that may oppose thier opinions, but in fact, you are doing the exact same thing you are criticizing other people for.? Basically, what you are saying is that other people are wrong and your opinions (and those belonging to people who might agree with you) are the only valid ones.? If other people choose to think that "axl's cover band" is actually Guns N Roses, then they are welcome to that opinion as well, preferably without you getting sick all over them, please.

In the bigger picture, does it really matter what the band chooses to call itself?? A name doesn't make the band, their collective abilities and personalities do.? ?Cool

thats where you and i differ.  gnr is more than a name to me.  gnr was a band that cant be recreated.  only those guys could of created what they did and nobody else.  the guys in axls band now had nothing to do with the creation and name of gnr and never will.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2004, 05:46:42 PM »

Who says they're trying to recreate the past?

Please provide proof for this "fact".

/jarmo

Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2004, 07:39:18 PM »

Who says they're trying to recreate the past?

Please provide proof for this "fact".

/jarmo

do you think it is a good thing for them to be using the name and not do anything with it besides make a laughing stock out of it?  gnr has nothing to do with this band so why is axl still using it ha?  he obviously is trying to live up to something otherwise he wouldnt be using it and playing almost all of appetite on his horrible tour that had an average of 7-8 thousand seats sold for 18 thousand seating arenas, lol. 

obviously you agree with me on that fact and realise there is no comparison between the two bands otherwise you wouldnt of said what you just did ok

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2004, 07:53:19 PM »

GN'R is the name that Axl owns. He can use it as he wishes. Why don't you get that?

He uses the name because he doesn't think the name should die because people chose to leave.

He's not trying to let Tommy pretend he's Duff, Brain pretend he's Steven etc.
Bands do change lineups. You must've been upset about it since 1990 or something, let it go already.

If it bugs you, don't support the band by buying their products. Obviously you're not supporting the band, that's why you bring up this topic (which has been done to death on this board).

/jarmo

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 04:05:28 PM »

obviously you agree with me on that fact and realise there is no comparison between the two bands otherwise you wouldnt of said what you just did ok

Nobody can compare the two bands because the new GNR doesn't have an album to compare to....For all we know the new GNR could be just a good as the old band.  We'll know when CD comes out....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 04:26:47 PM »

I don't compare them because it's stupid.

Nothing to do with not having an album out.

/jarmo

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2004, 06:59:42 PM »

so i guess your gonna be pretty pissed when all the comparisons begin after the release of CD? its unavoidable Jarmo, whats so stupid about comparing new and old GNR anyway???

VR doesn't campare to GNR because CB just isn't nearly as good as any of GNR's stuff.  THere still an awsome band....but so are alot of bands.....Maybe new GNR will be just as fresh as classic GNR? we'll only now when CD comes out.  I think I'll be blown away by new GNR, the same way i was with classic GNR...i'm totally cool with the original GNR break up if we can get two other great bands out of one..... i don't care what the band names are.VR/GNR.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2004, 07:47:51 PM »

The only thing that matters to me is "do I like this?".

If the answer to that is "yeah", then it's enough for me.

I'm not gonna sit and spend time thinking "Oh, it's great but the old band was so much better" or "This is the greatest thing ever recorded. I wish the old band would've been this good".

People seem obsessed with comparing. Whether it's comparing bands or comparing your car to your friend's car....

/jarmo

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2004, 10:13:49 PM »

Here's a fact about comparisons... no matter what you are comparing, nothing... NOTHING is going to add up to the original.  If you are comparing oranges to apples, obviously, oranges are going to make pretty terrible apples.  And vice versa. 

Comparing one group to another is needless.   Roll Eyes    No matter what the new line up does, it can't compare to the original line up, because they are different people involved.  They might even be musically superior, but they won't be the "original" line up, and nobody can do the original line up like the original line up.  Likewise, if you were going to compare the original guns to the new guns... the original guns can't measure up to the new... it's semantics, sure, but, its as ridiculous as this whole thread, because, as it has been said, the respect that once existed in the old line up simply isn't there, and until it is, you aren't going to get the original guns. 

So be happy with what you can get.  You can have VR.   Undecided

And maybe, must maybe, if you light enough candles and meditate on it enough, maybe, Chinese Democracy might come out.   Cool

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: