Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:46:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  INTERESTING SUBJECT AT HAND HERE...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: INTERESTING SUBJECT AT HAND HERE...  (Read 9158 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2004, 05:46:42 PM »

Who says they're trying to recreate the past?

Please provide proof for this "fact".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2004, 07:39:18 PM »

Who says they're trying to recreate the past?

Please provide proof for this "fact".

/jarmo

do you think it is a good thing for them to be using the name and not do anything with it besides make a laughing stock out of it?  gnr has nothing to do with this band so why is axl still using it ha?  he obviously is trying to live up to something otherwise he wouldnt be using it and playing almost all of appetite on his horrible tour that had an average of 7-8 thousand seats sold for 18 thousand seating arenas, lol. 

obviously you agree with me on that fact and realise there is no comparison between the two bands otherwise you wouldnt of said what you just did ok

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2004, 07:53:19 PM »

GN'R is the name that Axl owns. He can use it as he wishes. Why don't you get that?

He uses the name because he doesn't think the name should die because people chose to leave.

He's not trying to let Tommy pretend he's Duff, Brain pretend he's Steven etc.
Bands do change lineups. You must've been upset about it since 1990 or something, let it go already.

If it bugs you, don't support the band by buying their products. Obviously you're not supporting the band, that's why you bring up this topic (which has been done to death on this board).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 04:05:28 PM »

obviously you agree with me on that fact and realise there is no comparison between the two bands otherwise you wouldnt of said what you just did ok

Nobody can compare the two bands because the new GNR doesn't have an album to compare to....For all we know the new GNR could be just a good as the old band.  We'll know when CD comes out....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 04:26:47 PM »

I don't compare them because it's stupid.

Nothing to do with not having an album out.

/jarmo

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2004, 06:59:42 PM »

so i guess your gonna be pretty pissed when all the comparisons begin after the release of CD? its unavoidable Jarmo, whats so stupid about comparing new and old GNR anyway???

VR doesn't campare to GNR because CB just isn't nearly as good as any of GNR's stuff.  THere still an awsome band....but so are alot of bands.....Maybe new GNR will be just as fresh as classic GNR? we'll only now when CD comes out.  I think I'll be blown away by new GNR, the same way i was with classic GNR...i'm totally cool with the original GNR break up if we can get two other great bands out of one..... i don't care what the band names are.VR/GNR.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2004, 07:47:51 PM »

The only thing that matters to me is "do I like this?".

If the answer to that is "yeah", then it's enough for me.

I'm not gonna sit and spend time thinking "Oh, it's great but the old band was so much better" or "This is the greatest thing ever recorded. I wish the old band would've been this good".

People seem obsessed with comparing. Whether it's comparing bands or comparing your car to your friend's car....

/jarmo

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2004, 10:13:49 PM »

Here's a fact about comparisons... no matter what you are comparing, nothing... NOTHING is going to add up to the original.  If you are comparing oranges to apples, obviously, oranges are going to make pretty terrible apples.  And vice versa. 

Comparing one group to another is needless.   Roll Eyes    No matter what the new line up does, it can't compare to the original line up, because they are different people involved.  They might even be musically superior, but they won't be the "original" line up, and nobody can do the original line up like the original line up.  Likewise, if you were going to compare the original guns to the new guns... the original guns can't measure up to the new... it's semantics, sure, but, its as ridiculous as this whole thread, because, as it has been said, the respect that once existed in the old line up simply isn't there, and until it is, you aren't going to get the original guns. 

So be happy with what you can get.  You can have VR.   Undecided

And maybe, must maybe, if you light enough candles and meditate on it enough, maybe, Chinese Democracy might come out.   Cool

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: