Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:41:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  BUCKETHEAD yes or no?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BUCKETHEAD yes or no?  (Read 3735 times)
ghostdog_23
Opening Act

its just another sunday

« on: November 04, 2003, 06:13:31 PM »

do you think buckethead deserves to be in guns n' roses. I think he makes the band come of as a joke wearing a kfc bucket on his head is just stupid.im not saying that hes not a good guitarist because he is, hes brilliant but his apperence might make the new fans think guns n' roses are just trying to be like bands like slipknot or insane clown posse,by wearing masks,facepaint to cover there faces

ghostdog23
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 06:18:07 PM »

GO AWAY NOW.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 06:18:50 PM »

Of course he deserves to be in Guns N' Roses. The real question is: Does GNR deserve Buckethead? Wink

And Buckethead has been wearing his get up long before the Wes Borlands and Slipnots of the world. I think main stream music needs something like buckethead. Whether people take him as a joke or not, no one can deny his ability to make people talk and get their attention... And no one can deny what a great guitarist he is. He's the best mdern guitarist I know of.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 06:22:39 PM »

Yes,it isn't about the image anymore it is about the music.Buckethead plays like a madman and I could care less about how he looks or if he makes the GNR look like a joke to the public.Do I care if other people think GNR is a joke?No,They can go back to listening to their Good Charlotte and Limp Bizkit for all I care.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 09:55:02 PM »

Great player...judgement on whether hes good for GNR or not will be saved until I finally hear something.  However, I have sincere doubts as to whether any of these guys can deliver classic solos like Slash has.  None of the solos Ive heard so far, "Blues" and "Madagascar" included, come anywhere close to Slashs.  Thats not a knock on the band, but an honest observation.  Theyre good (well, at least in the cases of the two songs I mentioned, "Chinese Democracy"s is good too), but theyre not on the same level as most of old GNR solos.  
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 01:34:18 AM »

Fuck yea, buckethead is a YES.

Who cares what anybody else thinks.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 08:00:47 AM »

buckethead deserves to be in any band. he's that good. but in mentally he ain't gunner!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 10:39:19 AM »

Deffinetly...i am really excited Buckethead is in the group, people claim he is a joke, but he is exactly what GNR need, something to get peoples attention, get them talking and to get over Slash

Guys in weird costumes are all the rage at the mo it will help the group appeal to younger fans

The rest of the group are slightly..er.....faceless, Buckethead makes it look less like its just Axl in the band

Quick! To the bandwagon!
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 12:57:09 PM »

Well now...does he deserve to be in GNR?  That's a tricky question and it depends on your perspective:

Glass Half Empty: rant

Does he (or anyone else in that band) deserve to be abandoned by their lead singer twice while on what is touted as a 2002 tour?
No
Does he (or anyone else in that band) look any more weird than Axl?
No

Glass Half Full: hihi

Is he capable of breathing new life into those very old GNR songs?
Yes
Does Axl actually get a kick out of having a faceless guitar player after his divorce with the original players?
Yes
Is he one of the reasons that some folks bought tickets to the 2002 tour?
Yes

Dizzy
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 06:25:25 PM »

Neo GNR would be a joke with or without Buckethead.
Nick83
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2003, 10:00:49 PM »

Buckethead's talent and overall playing ability ensure him immunity from everybody except the brainless.
seniorabreu
Rocker

Sitting in a Chinese Stew!

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2003, 07:18:03 AM »

Bucket is awesome!  His solo at Pitts 2002 kicks ass
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2003, 12:38:47 PM »

i just got colma today and DAMN... he is amazing, just pure fucking amazing...

does he deserve to be in gn'r? FUCK YEAH, could it be more brilliant?, i mean now that the situation is so different and slash is gone and all, noone could fit better with axl than bucket... perfect match imo.. the fact that he uses a mask and shit just makes him more exciting, noone knows his face, brilliant... someone says that wilde should have been there, but thats the the joke..

does anyone have a sug of which album i should order next??

peace

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
shaner
Opening Act

That old man, he's a real mother fucker!!!

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 08:13:55 PM »

From when I saw the new gnr in concert, Buckethead gave a new life to the band and made you forget about the old GnR.  I was a buckethead fan after that show and still will be even if he's not in the band. So ya he should be in the band. But that all depends on what way Axl takes the Band and music. Seeing Buckethead play November Rain, doesn't really fit the bill for him.

Everything smells like horse shit, down here on the farm!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 08:43:56 AM »

I'd have to say a prefered yes but we shall see what happens

EEEERRRR Little boy
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2004, 10:54:26 AM »

does he deserve to be in gn'r? FUCK YEAH, could it be more brilliant?, i mean now that the situation is so different and slash is gone and all, noone could fit better with axl than bucket... perfect match imo..

i think i can take that back, i'll stand for the rest tho  Tongue

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2004, 01:00:13 PM »

bucket kicks ass.. he was awsome!

i say YAY for bucket being in gnr.. he was an amazing guitarist..

edit: some might say that he was only in gnr for the publicity.. well, good.. cuz it made me discover a kickass guitaris and i'm glad that i did..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2004, 03:21:41 PM »

bucket kicks ass.. he was awsome!

i say YAY for bucket being in gnr.. he was an amazing guitarist..

edit: some might say that he was only in gnr for the publicity.. well, good.. cuz it made me discover a kickass guitaris and i'm glad that i did..

agreed, he is fucking awesome and this is shit that makes me love GN'R more than most. GN'R has led me to so much new music, it's not even funny and one of them (bucket) is unreal!... no other band does that in the same degree at all, gn'r is uniqe!

just think about it,  all of izzy's stuff, all of tommy's stuff, all of buckets' stuff, all of slash's stuff(which i think rock most off the rn'r albums, although they don't compare to gn'r), all of duff's stuff, all of the cult, all of the stones, all off hanoy rocks, all of gilby's shit, all of aerosmith, all of DYLAN, all of uk subs even and the misfits and the wings and the list goes on and on. blind melon, soundgarden... fuck i even had to listen to bon jovi to knoe what the fuck the fucker was talking about.... there is nothing wrong with gn'r... nothing!!!

GN'R is one in a million.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: