Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:39:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR is back. New album & Tour!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR is back. New album & Tour!!  (Read 27128 times)
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »

And as for Scott, why go backwards?

That's a simple question....Because Scott's a phenomenal songwriter, singer and front-man ok

If not, I'm more than happy with Loaded going all-in, instead of a VR-album followed by a tour, THEN a new break with the members spreading with the wind Smiley

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2012, 11:34:54 AM »

A VR tour with Scott back in would be interesting. But as for new music, I wouldn't waste my time if I was Slash. That last VR album with Scott wasn't great. I do feel like they missed a golden opportunity with Corey. There must have been something about the guy Slash didn't like.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2012, 08:16:59 AM »

Same thing could be said for all those clamoring for a "classic" GNR reunion... 

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2012, 09:02:49 AM »

One of the truest statements I have read on here in a while.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »

Depends on what you mean by backwards. In time? Quality?
To many, they will never be accepted as Velvet Revolver w/o Scott. Regardless of how anyone feels about him, he was an integral part of the band, and will forever be the true lead singer of VR. Same things can be said about GN'R. With GN'R, keeping the name has obvious financial benefits, so I guess the positives outweigh the negatives, but does the Velvet Revolver name carry enough weight? May as well start a new project if you ask me. That's why I have no problem w/Slash doing his solo tour.

If they are trying to avoid drama, I think it's a no brainer that they should be avoiding a Scott-less Velvet Revolver.
VR are not on the level of GN'R, but they should know better than anyone that reunion talk makes headlines.

Was Corey Taylor a good opportunity financially? Probably.
Artistically? Not so sure. I think they would be in a similar situation, maybe worse off than w/Scott.
A singer with a good voice, but a bit light on creativity(see Scott, Myles) and a lesser frontman. Not exactly the slam dunk they would need to justify going forward w/o their original singer, especially when it appears he's open to returning.

Sure Corey doesn't bring the baggage Scott does, but they'd be creating their own by going forward as VR w/o him. Does alienating their fan base matter to them? Do they see it that way?

Personally I don't really care about all the drama in the end. If they could make a good record with Corey, I'm all for it.
If they are going to try and trudge on w/o Scott, they better make sure it's not a lackluster effort, because the critics will be lined up to crucify them before they hear a note.
overmatik
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2012, 12:54:15 PM »

So, was all that story just a joke? What kind of a man is Scot to go out saying what he said, then Slash and Duff come out making jokes on him and he doesn't say anything...  confused
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »

Where theres smoke there is fire. Reason it was shutdown so quickly is because slashs focus is on touring his new record for the rest of the summer. Would not be surprised if vr resurfaced with scott and a new album and short touby next summer. Gut feeling. Bank on it
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2012, 03:54:35 PM »

So, was all that story just a joke?

Not a joke, but just Scott talking to Dave Kushner.  It's not going to happen.

From Slash:

?So he?s [Scott] been interested in burying the hatchet and getting back together and sort of juggling this whole STP/Velvet Revolver perfect-world thing. And I?m, like, there?s no way that?s gonna happen. I love Scott ? he?s a great guy when I?m not in a band with him. I?d just like to keep it that way. So there?s no truth to this whole thing. [It's been given] way more attention than it even deserves.?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2012, 05:14:01 AM »

kind of a bummer that slash dude

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2012, 11:15:53 AM »

From Slash:

?So he?s [Scott] been interested in burying the hatchet and getting back together and sort of juggling this whole STP/Velvet Revolver perfect-world thing. And I?m, like, there?s no way that?s gonna happen. I love Scott ? he?s a great guy when I?m not in a band with him. I?d just like to keep it that way. So there?s no truth to this whole thing. [It's been given] way more attention than it even deserves.?

And I guess the rest of the guys are left to wait around while Slash juggles putting out 2 solo albums in the last 2 years, touring pretty much solid during that time, and turning down any singer that shows an interest in playing with VR.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2012, 12:22:24 PM »

Well, the other guys all have their projects, too. It's not like they're just sitting on their asses waiting around for Slash.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »

From Slash:

And I guess the rest of the guys are left to wait around while Slash juggles putting out 2 solo albums in the last 2 years, touring pretty much solid during that time, and turning down any singer that shows an interest in playing with VR.

Why would he go back to that situation? He had success with the Slash album and subsequent tour so he went in and recorded the follow up immediately and is touring the world with it. VR at the time of its demise was miserable by all accounts. Based on his success the balls in his court to do anything VR related.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »

Where theres smoke there is fire. Reason it was shutdown so quickly is because slashs focus is on touring his new record for the rest of the summer. Would not be surprised if vr resurfaced with scott and a new album and short touby next summer. Gut feeling. Bank on it

I would be amazed if there is another VR album and World Tour.

Maybe the odd one off charity thing, but the atmosphere on their last UK tour was aweful.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2012, 09:30:18 AM »

From Slash:

I think Slash is in quite a different space now compared to how things were back  in 2003 when VR was initially formed.  Back in in the early 2000s, Slash had just come off two Snakepit albums that sold rather modestly and had been playing in front of pathetically small audiences (at least based on the shows I went to).  I think he was more receptive to the concept of VR at the time, regardless of Scott's "issues".  Now that his career has been revived, so to speak, I think he is less inclined to put up with the shenanigans that comes with being in a band with so many egos.  He has that luxury now.  I imagine that this will continue as long as his solo career is going well.   

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »

From Slash:

I think Slash is in quite a different space now compared to how things were back  in 2003 when VR was initially formed.  Back in in the early 2000s, Slash had just come off two Snakepit albums that sold rather modestly and had been playing in front of pathetically small audiences (at least based on the shows I went to).  I think he was more receptive to the concept of VR at the time, regardless of Scott's "issues".  Now that his career has been revived, so to speak, I think he is less inclined to put up with the shenanigans that comes with being in a band with so many egos.  He has that luxury now.  I imagine that this will continue as long as his solo career is going well.   

Unfortunately, I say....Attended his show in Milano a week ago.....not much to brag about......IMO, he need a counterpoint in the same band to let the brilliance out! Scott's perfect ok

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »

From Slash:

Unfortunately, I say....Attended his show in Milano a week ago.....not much to brag about......IMO, he need a counterpoint in the same band to let the brilliance out! Scott's perfect ok

yeah his stuff is super generic right now, especially his stage show.  I can't even listen to that new record and he's one of my favorite guitar players of all time.  It is not bad, it is just not exciting in the least.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2012, 09:30:34 PM »

yeah his stuff is super generic right now, especially his stage show.  I can't even listen to that new record and he's one of my favorite guitar players of all time.  It is not bad, it is just not exciting in the least.
exactly my sentiments
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »

From Slash:

Have you caught them live?
I don't think there's anything generic sounding about Slash's playing on the new record. Myles lyrics? Yeah, generic as hell, and unfortunately Slash's playing can only cover so much of that up.

Still, I'm excited to catch it live again. Myles does as good a job as anyone could expect with the covers, and I think the new record will translate well.
I caught them a couple times last time around, and I don't think there is anyone out there putting on a true rock n roll show like them.
Far from generic. Straight up rock n roll w/o the unnecessary dress up package.

I wouldn't let how you feel about the new album discourage you from seeing them live.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2012, 12:16:18 PM »

I wouldn't let how you feel about the new album discourage you from seeing them live.

Yeah I am catching them in Jersey next month, I will always see Slash or any of GNR members past or present live whenever they come around(except for Adler, once was enough for me).  I'm sure the show will be cool, and I quite possibly will like the record more after seeing them play some of the songs live, that has happened a few times to me in the past with other bands.  I like Myles singing with Slash live, but I dont like a whole record of him.  I would have rather Slash done another solo album like the last one and had Myles out on tour again.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »

Have you caught them live?
I don't think there's anything generic sounding about Slash's playing on the new record. Myles lyrics? Yeah, generic as hell, and unfortunately Slash's playing can only cover so much of that up.

Still, I'm excited to catch it live again. Myles does as good a job as anyone could expect with the covers, and I think the new record will translate well.
I caught them a couple times last time around, and I don't think there is anyone out there putting on a true rock n roll show like them.
Far from generic. Straight up rock n roll w/o the unnecessary dress up package.

I saw them live, and as I said (in a kind way) nothing to brag about. It was boring. And "Myles does as good as job as anyone"? Hehe. The bass-player handled the vocals on a couple of old Guns-tunes, and HE was better than Myles Wink

I too want to catch whatever show that I can including ex-gunners. But most of the Ex-gunners projects are higher on the list than this.....Velvet Revolver for example......

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: