Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:56:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com  (Read 37442 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2008, 05:55:10 AM »

About what exactly? That I find it strange that he couldn't speak about any future or professional things involving Robin? Uh... How is that not knowing what I'm talking about, exactly?

Why is it weird exactly?

If he says something, it'll either be "Richard says Robin is in/out" depending on his answer.

Is it weird that he doesn't want to be the guy causing you and others speculating on what exactly he meant with his answer?

Haha, I don't even think you bother to try an rationalize what comes out of your mouth anymore. What's the point?

Look, when you grant an interview people are going to react to your answers. Some positive, some negative. Sometimes, when you lay out a vague answer people will speculate. It's the same as being in court and pleading the fifth. People are going to wonder why you don't answer a question. It's a risk you take for a no comment. If you don't like that, don't give interviews.

I know you desperately want to control what people think and say about GNR, so I know its hard for you to swallow... That is a bit... Disturbing, though.

Again, these were not GNR related questions we're talking about. He admits that he hangs out with him, but he can't talk about him in a professional compacity. Like it or not, people ARE speculating if Robin is in or out of the band. And those no comments tie directly in to that discussion. And whether you like it or not, you can't control what people think. Kiss

I'm very open minded when it comes to VR. I even asked, since a few of you were quick to jump on that it might be Slash's fault that Scott is gone, if its all that hard to believe that it was Scott who was the problem... I mean, out of four other guys he's the only one who left... And he seems to have been a problem... I'm just saying... I mean, it smells a little like a double standard, Jarmo.

I happen to think it's both sides who are to blame.

You must be really open minded.... You think it the other guys aren't to blame....

Something you'd know if you read anything I've said on the subject in that section. ok

/jarmo

You are a walking contradiction, jarmo. Your open mindess is called blind devotion.

It's all in who you choose to believe. I don't like Scott... I don't trust a word he says, so yes, I trust the band over him.  You jump down peoples throats for assuming Axl is to blame on <insert subject here> but you have no problem placing blame on everyone else. Amazing.

I think your excuse was that you should only believe the positive in your favorite band? So, you're actually critisizing people for doing what you do?

For the record, I'm sure there was a lot more blame to go around than what people know.   

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:29:22 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Death Cube K
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2008, 07:21:22 AM »

Like it or not, people ARE speculating if Robin is in or out of the band. And those no comments tie directly in to that discussion.

Exactly.

Speculating comes with the situation at hand. Either we speculate or they tell us what's going on. They choose to be silent for reasons only known to them. That's fine and it may be right to do, but it comes with a price. Speculation.

We don't know, so we speculate.

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2008, 07:57:21 AM »

Speculating is one thing.... doomsdaying and woo woo-ing that it is the end is another  peace

This signature is very funny.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2008, 07:58:29 AM »

doomsdaying and woo woo-ing that it is the end is another  peace

Who was doing that?

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2008, 07:59:19 AM »

Who was doing that?

Obviously you don't know the difference in tone  peace

This signature is very funny.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2008, 08:04:23 AM »

Who was doing that?

Obviously you don't know the difference in tone  peace

Tone? Uh... Well, could you show me an example in this thread of someone "woo-wooing" the end of the band?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2008, 10:39:52 AM »

Look, when you grant an interview people are going to react to your answers. Some positive, some negative. Sometimes, when you lay out a vague answer people will speculate. It's the same as being in court and pleading the fifth. People are going to wonder why you don't answer a question. It's a risk you take for a no comment. If you don't like that, don't give interviews.

What an easy answer you got.

The same people who whine about not hearing anything from GN'R are now saying they shouldn't give interviews, because people who are whining in the first place, will speculate and twist every word around.

I know you desperately want to control what people think and say about GNR, so I know its hard for you to swallow... That is a bit... Disturbing, though.

Wrong. I couldn't care less what you think or say about GN'R.

The only thing I give a damn about is that I won't let people like yourself ruin this site into something it was not meant to be.

Again, these were not GNR related questions we're talking about. He admits that he hangs out with him, but he can't talk about him in a professional compacity. Like it or not, people ARE speculating if Robin is in or out of the band. And those no comments tie directly in to that discussion. And whether you like it or not, you can't control what people think. Kiss

So, are you closer to an answer yet?

Did you manage to solve the puzzle?

You are a walking contradiction, jarmo. Your open mindess is called blind devotion.

It's all in who you choose to believe. I don't like Scott... I don't trust a word he says, so yes, I trust the band over him. 

Truly objective....

I think your excuse was that you should only believe the positive in your favorite band?

Excuses are for those who feel they're wrong.

I don't think there's anything wrong in supporting your favorite band.

What you and others like yourself seem to be concerned about, is your "image".

You're not supposed to show that you like and believe in a band. Oh no! What a fanboy!

Everybody should find things to criticize. That way nobody will even think that you're not objective.

The most amazing part are the VR fans who claim they're objective. They'll post shit about GN'R on GN'R sites while they're wetting their pants because they saw Slash walk by after a concert.

I wonder if these people can ever have fun or if they're too busy looking for faults.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2008, 10:53:13 AM »

Here's what I don't get:

If some people find it strange that Richard didn't answer a simple question about the origin of a solo; why is that not ok?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2008, 10:57:07 AM »

What an easy answer you got.

Yes, it was easy, wasn't it?

The same people who whine about not hearing anything from GN'R are now saying they shouldn't give interviews, because people who are whining in the first place, will speculate and twist every word around.

No, if you actually read what I said you would know I said: If Richard has a problem with it, he shouldn't give interviews. If you have a problem with it, maybe you shouldn't read interviews. Because obviously you have a strange problem with people not interpreting the way you do.

Wrong. I couldn't care less what you think or say about GN'R.

The only thing I give a damn about is that I won't let people like yourself ruin this site into something it was not meant to be.

Haha, how am I ruining it? By expressing an opinion? Could it be that you're just insecure with your own arguments and you can't handle someone showing how biased your opinions are?

So, are you closer to an answer yet?

Did you manage to solve the puzzle?

Oh, I've known the answer jarmo. You're a voluntary puppet for GNR, structuring your opinions and actions on this board by trying to impress them.

It's all in who you choose to believe. I don't like Scott... I don't trust a word he says, so yes, I trust the band over him. 

Truly objective....

I think your excuse was that you should only believe the positive in your favorite band?

Excuses are for those who feel they're wrong.

I don't think there's anything wrong in supporting your favorite band.

What you and others like yourself seem to be concerned about, is your "image".

You're not supposed to show that you like and believe in a band. Oh no! What a fanboy!

Everybody should find things to criticize. That way nobody will even think that you're not objective.

The most amazing part are the VR fans who claim they're objective. They'll post shit about GN'R on GN'R sites while they're wetting their pants because they saw Slash walk by after a concert.

I wonder if these people can ever have fun or if they're too busy looking for faults.

/jarmo

Jarmo, I'm not a VR fan. I like a few songs. And blind devotion is not being a fan, its a mental disorder. I'm not looking for reasons to critisize GNR, the reasons I do are pretty obvious to everyone and arise themselves. You, and the like, decide to ignore it or make excuses.

Image? How am I worried about an image? hihi I love GNR but I'm not going to put aside rational, objective thinking because of it. I've always tried to give him benefit of the doubt, but I'm not kissing his ass or ignoring, or making excuses for things I don't agree with.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »

No, if you actually read what I said you would know I said: If Richard has a problem with it, he shouldn't give interviews. If you have a problem with it, maybe you shouldn't read interviews. Because obviously you have a strange problem with people not interpreting the way you do.

No, once again you're wrong about what I think.

It's becoming a theme.

People will always interpret even the easiest answers to fit their agenda.

Haha, how am I ruining it? By expressing an opinion? Could it be that you're just insecure with your own arguments and you can't handle someone showing how biased your opinions are?

Once again you're wrong about me...

You should get a prize.

Insecure? Are you serious?

Just because I don't want a bunch of whiners setting the mood here I'm insecure about my arguments?

Look who's talking.

Oh, I've known the answer jarmo. You're a voluntary puppet for GNR, structuring your opinions and actions on this board by trying to impress them.

Yes, yes. Finally the personal attacks / insults.

So typical.

And I'm the insecure one here. Riiiiiight!

Jarmo, I'm not a VR fan. I like a few songs. And blind devotion is not being a fan, its a mental disorder. I'm not looking for reasons to critisize GNR, the reasons I do are pretty obvious to everyone and arise themselves. You, and the like, decide to ignore it or make excuses.

Oh yeah, everybody must be truly disturbed and you're the only normal one....

And people still think I'm the one thinking I'm better than everybody else!  rofl

Image? How am I worried about an image? hihi I love GNR but I'm not going to put aside rational, objective thinking because of it. I've always tried to give him benefit of the doubt, but I'm not kissing his ass or ignoring, or making excuses for things I don't agree with.

What exactly makes you think I am? Because things actually make sense to me?

You give the benefit of doubt? To me it seems like you take the easy "this sucks" road most of the time. That's the answer to everything.

You always take the other side and claim to give the band you say you support the benefit of doubt. Yet here you are whining about what Richard said instead of trying to see it from his point of view. Open minded indeed.

And because I actually try to see it from his point of view, I'm "kissing ass".

Things happen for a reason. You obviously have a problem with that concept. You see something happen and you're there with your "this sucks" attitude. What you don't seem to like to do is ask yourself "why did it happen?" and if you do, your answer to everything is "because GN'R sucks". Easy!

I never claimed to be objective and unbiased. That's the fucking difference.

You seem to think that the so called fans who are unbiased are the only ones able to think. Think again you wanna be music journalist.

We basically know nothing about anything and yet you make assumptions based on that. Then you pretend to be open minded and objective.

Looks more like being ignorant to me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »

No, once again you're wrong about what I think.

It's becoming a theme.

People will always interpret even the easiest answers to fit their agenda.

What's my agenda, jarmo?

Sounds like you were talking about yourself.

Once again you're wrong about me...

You should get a prize.

Insecure? Are you serious?

Just because I don't want a bunch of whiners setting the mood here I'm insecure about my arguments?

Look who's talking.

Well, you are always whining when people don't agree with you. Calling people names, saying they're not fans, threatening to ban them. That's pretty insecure.

Yes, yes. Finally the personal attacks / insults.

So typical.

And I'm the insecure one here. Riiiiiight!

Oh... my... God... How was that a personal attack or an insult? You resorted to being the victim... That's pretty insecure. Not even an attempt to deny it either.

Oh yeah, everybody must be truly disturbed and you're the only normal one....

And people still think I'm the one thinking I'm better than everybody else!  rofl

Oh, I'm not the only one. There are several around here.

What exactly makes you think I am? Because things actually make sense to me?

You give the benefit of doubt? To me it seems like you take the easy "this sucks" road most of the time. That's the answer to everything.

Admitting you're delusional is one step closer to being cured ok

Show me where I'm on this "This Sucks" path. Examples.

You always take the other side and claim to give the band you say you support the benefit of doubt. Yet here you are whining about what Richard said instead of trying to see it from his point of view. Open minded indeed.

And because I actually try to see it from his point of view, I'm "kissing ass".

I do. I have always given the band the benefit of the doubt. I haven't stated anything negative in Richard's interview, just the possibility of it. And yes, it would be a huge loss if Robin is gone.

There was really no way to look at it from his point of view when his answer was no comment.

Things happen for a reason. You obviously have a problem with that concept. You see something happen and you're there with your "this sucks" attitude. What you don't seem to like to do is ask yourself "why did it happen?" and if you do, your answer to everything is "because GN'R sucks". Easy!

Wow... Again, you came up with this in your own mind. Disturbing.

I never claimed to be objective and unbiased. That's the fucking difference.

You seem to think that the so called fans who are unbiased are the only ones able to think. Think again you wanna be music journalist.

Hahahahahaha

Yes. Only unbiased people can make rational, objective opinions. Glad you figured that out.

Wanna be music journailst. Okay... You wanna be GNR member. hihi

We basically know nothing about anything and yet you make assumptions based on that. Then you pretend to be open minded and objective.

Looks more like being ignorant to me.

/jarmo

Isn't that what happens when you don't know what's going on? You assume? Don't you do that yourself? .... weren't you just doing that yesterday? Me ignorant? If we had an unbiased poll on who was ignorant between you and me, you'd win that in a landslide, bro.

I ain't pretending to be objective and open minded, man, I just am. Cool

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:46:43 AM by misterID » Logged

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2008, 11:56:43 AM »

-1 karma? hihi

Tell me what rule I broke to give me a negative karma?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2008, 11:58:47 AM »

Is it the open mindness that makes you always try to see a bad sign?
Is it objective to look at everything from a negative viewpoint?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2008, 12:01:53 PM »

Well, you are always whining when people don't agree with you. Calling people names, saying they're not fans, threatening to ban them. That's pretty insecure.

Hahaha.

People get banned because they turn to insults just like you.

Referring to others as having mental disorders.

What's insecure is making things personal about me as soon as you notice you have nothing to say.

By the way, I don't need to welcome people who clearly only support the GN'R that only exist in their heads. It's not a crowd I want to surround myself with.

Oh... my... God... How was that a personal attack or an insult? You resorted to being the victim... That's pretty insecure. Not even an attempt to deny it either.

So if I saw that you're so far up Slash's ass that you haven't sen daylight since 1987, you wouldn't think it's an insult?

But when you call me a puppet, it's nothing like a personal attack.

What's there to deny? You're free to think what you want of me.... Oh wait, I should have a problem with that just because you said so.

Wonder what that's all based on....

There was really no way to look at it from his point of view when his answer was no comment.

Here's one: Maybe he doesn't like to be thought of as a spokesperson for the band.

Cry

Yes. Only unbiased people can make rational, objective opinions. Glad you figured that out.

So explain this to me Mr rational and objective.

If you know only part of the story or one side of it, how can your opinion be objective?

Wanna be music journailst. 

Well are you denying the fact that your idea of a fan is very close that of being a music journalist who's paid to act objective?

Both seem to be obsesed with finding something to complain about and have to be careful not to act too happy because that's for "fan boys"!

Isn't that what happens when you don't know what's going on? You assume? Don't you do that yourself? .... weren't you just doing that yesterday? Me ignorant? If we had an unbiased poll on who was ignorant between you and me, you'd win that in a landslide, bro.

You know why?

Because you seem to be the idea people have of a fan.

As I said, a fan isn't supposed to act like some of us. You're not supposed to be happy, excited or whatever. Always act unimpressed so that nobody will think of you as a mentally disturbed fan boy!

Roll Eyes

You got your karma for calling people mentally disturbed. I don't like having people like yourself coming here telling us that those of us who have supported the band through all the shit are "mentally disturbed".

Apparently it's the same thing...

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2008, 12:34:40 PM »

What the hell are you two yapping about now?  Mister ID and Jarmo both make good points.... Moving on.................
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2008, 12:38:18 PM »

its a losing battle mr Id. Watch your p's and q's otherwise you will be a goner.

By the way, I don't need to welcome people who clearly only support the GN'R that only exist in their heads. It's not a crowd I want to surround myself with.
I dont get that mentality. Just because someone might have a different perception of the band than you doesnt mean they should be booted out of here.

Here's one: Maybe he doesn't like to be thought of as a spokesperson for the band.
Who is asking him to be one? Its very simple, is he or isnt he in the band? No comment means he is not. If he was he would say yea hes in the band or yea hes just on a break with NIN. WHat is so hard about that?

If you know only part of the story or one side of it, how can your opinion be objective?
If the other side rarely speaks or never speaks then all you can do is speculate.

GNR has and always will be speculation. Even in the old days everything was speculation. Now with the internet it becomes even greater.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2008, 12:40:19 PM »

What if the question was:

"Richard, is Axl Rose still in GNR?"

would Richard say, "No Comment", or "Hell Yes, Axl is Guns N Roses", or, "Damn, right, Axl is our frontman." 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2008, 12:46:03 PM »

The question was clearly constructed in a way to get an answer out of him. Richard dodged it because he doesnt want to be the first to announce the bad news. Its very simple

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »

Hahaha.

People get banned because they turn to insults just like you.

Referring to others as having mental disorders.

What's insecure is making things personal about me as soon as you notice you have nothing to say.

So if I saw that you're so far up Slash's ass that you haven't sen daylight since 1987, you wouldn't think it's an insult?

But when you call me a puppet, it's nothing like a personal attack.

What's there to deny? You're free to think what you want of me.... Oh wait, I should have a problem with that just because you said so.

Wonder what that's all based on....

Cry

So explain this to me Mr rational and objective.

Wanna be music journailst. 

Well are you denying the fact that your idea of a fan is very close that of being a music journalist who's paid to act objective?

Both seem to be obsesed with finding something to complain about and have to be careful not to act too happy because that's for "fan boys"!

You know why?

Because you seem to be the idea people have of a fan.

As I said, a fan isn't supposed to act like some of us. You're not supposed to be happy, excited or whatever. Always act unimpressed so that nobody will think of you as a mentally disturbed fan boy!

Roll Eyes

You got your karma for calling people mentally disturbed. I don't like having people like yourself coming here telling us that those of us who have supported the band through all the shit are "mentally disturbed".

Apparently it's the same thing...

/jarmo

The truth does hurt, doesn't it jarmo?

Since that post was the same verbal vomit you keep spewing, I'll make it simple.

I never state anything as fact, I make observations. That's it. I never attack people, I only respond. The truth? ... You can't handle the truth!  hihi

Your arguments are weak, forced and transparent. So you play the victim. That's what you do.

Second, and most important, you and this board since about 2003-2004 have been THE most damaging thing to happen to GNR. You have alienated countless numbers of fans. You have literally made fans bitter, and have turned them against Axl. Not the bashers but loyal GNR (new line up) fans. Your association with GNR, whatever it is, has turned a really cool site into a shell of what it once was. No real fan cares if Axl, beta, or fernando post here or read this board. It doesn't affect our lives in the slightest. We love the band and the music. That's all. But it remains that  it has brought out vultures who are only here to try and impress, or get the attention of Axl and his inner circle.

If you really did care for GNR your main goal should have been trying to bridge a gap between the fans and the band and try to find a middle ground, but you chose to alienate them for, to quote you jarmo, your own selfish reasons. Your actions have fractured this fanbase. And has directly lead to people boycotting shows and planning to download the album without paying for it and spreading it around the net. Right or wrong, that's a fact. These were people who were going to be memebers of the street team, to get people interested in GNR, and were going to buy multiple copies of CD. Try to deny it, but this all started with you and your treatment of fans.

This may not mean a thing to you, but it should to GNR. 

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2008, 01:18:35 PM »

Second, and most important, you and this board since about 2003-2004 have been THE most damaging thing to happen to GNR. You have alienated countless numbers of fans. You have literally made fans bitter, and have turned them against Axl. Not the bashers but loyal GNR (new line up) fans. Your association with GNR, whatever it is, has turned a really cool site into a shell of what it once was. No real fan cares if Axl, beta, or fernando post here or read this board. It doesn't affect our lives in the slightest. We love the band and the music. That's all. But it remains that  it has brought out vultures who are only here to try and impress, or get the attention of Axl and his inner circle.

If you really did care for GNR your main goal should have been trying to bridge a gap between the fans and the band and try to find a middle ground, but you chose to alienate them for, to quote you jarmo, your own selfish reasons. Your actions have fractured this fanbase. And has directly lead to people boycotting shows and planning to download the album without paying for it and spreading it around the net. Right or wrong, that's a fact. These were people who were going to be memebers of the street team, to get people interested in GNR, and were going to buy multiple copies of CD. Try to deny it, but this all started with you and your treatment of fans.

This may not mean a thing to you, but it should to GNR. 

Hands down, the post of the yr! Right on the fukin head. Post of the Century.Seriously

Excellent posts MisterID. I have been telling Jarmo this for awhile now. Particularly your first paragraph

Jarmo I hope you take comments like that and the stuff Ive been telling you and use it to get back on track. Your probably going to come with your "its my house" mentality. Which as I have told you is fine, but its really not cool.

Yea we can leave but you did have something cool here. We want it back. We know GNR or this site isnt Burger King so we wont demand things to be our way or your way. We just simply want it the old way. Dont get Slash on us and get lazy and ruin something that was once great. Get back on track.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 01:48:09 PM by younggunner » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: