Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:27:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dj Ashba: There is "Absolutely" More Guns N' Roses Material In The Future
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dj Ashba: There is "Absolutely" More Guns N' Roses Material In The Future  (Read 12809 times)
Hanoi_Guy
Headliner

Until The Bitter End..

« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2011, 04:58:07 PM »

Guys,

We all know DJ can do the magic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7dRV_h2OQE

He definitely is the best collaboration guy to uncle Axl. That's it.

"Aina on ollut kaaos, kun olemme olleet yhdess? m?kill?. Kun tulin, Matti(Nyk?nen) heilui siell? t??ll? ja Merkka(Tapola) ei pysynyt pystyss?. V?lill? Matti oli p??ll??n kukkapuskassa, Hujanen kertoi"
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2011, 05:29:59 PM »

I have to admit: at first I was always a bit skeptical with the 'new band'... but tried to be positive where possible and needed
Now, I really need to loose the old times for good. - which is a bit sad yes - ..(not that I had hopes for a reunion, more a kind of nostalgic feeling)

The new guys are all fantastic! I really mean that. DJ is a cool motherfucker and plays the guitar in the way why I started to love GN'R
Bumble has another style, but I dig that also as much!!
Then Richard is probably one of the best 'classic style rock' guitarist players out there.

In other words: can't wait for this band to bring out a fucking album! I have no doubt it will be a classic mean-bone pure rock n' roll record!! C'mon you gunners!!!

peace
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:32:44 PM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2011, 06:54:49 PM »

Guys,

We all know DJ can do the magic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7dRV_h2OQE

He definitely is the best collaboration guy to uncle Axl. That's it.

makes me think about Ricky Martin. or Enrique Iglesias. that's why I'm kind of afraid.  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »

THERE IS NO CHINESE DEMOCRACY 3 , he said it his fuckin self during the forum chats "ive always seen it as a double" just read the convo dexter had with us

axl talked about a chinese democracy trilogy
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2011, 07:15:17 PM »

THERE IS NO CHINESE DEMOCRACY 3 , he said it his fuckin self during the forum chats "ive always seen it as a double" just read the convo dexter had with us

I think Sebastian Bach did, not Axl

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »

I think Sebastian Bach did, not Axl

if bach did he knows his stuff. he's not mis-informed about guns n roses. sebastian's one of axl's best and closest friends. i believe in the chinese democracy trilogy. they might be leftovers from chinese democracy. but songs that should have a place in the sun too. i'd be the first one at walmart or a music store buying the leftover chinese democracy albums!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2011, 10:10:08 PM »

Dude, stop it!  There is NO Trilogy.  Us that have been here longer and have read all interviews, know that this is not the case.  Time to move on.  Not sure how many people have to say this to you.  Axl has talked about two albums among the Chinese days,not three.  Bach said 3, but Axl since talked 2 after Bach said that. And I'm sure Buckethead, Fink, Bumble, and DJ will ALL have some input when its all said and done

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2011, 11:04:08 PM »

Dude, stop it!  There is NO Trilogy.  Us that have been here longer and have read all interviews, know that this is not the case.  Time to move on.  Not sure how many people have to say this to you.  Axl has talked about two albums among the Chinese days,not three.  Bach said 3, but Axl since talked 2 after Bach said that. And I'm sure Buckethead, Fink, Bumble, and DJ will ALL have some input when its all said and done

2 albums. when's your guess the second chinese democracy album comes?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2011, 12:59:37 AM »

In GNR's world, it's really hard to guess.  Axl doesn't give into pressures and based on Chinese, things really need to be right for something to be released.  He even commented that Chinese was rushed at release. 

I would say best case scenario is that we get one at the end of 2012.  I can see them going in to work/finish the next album after they finish this tour.  I don't see them touring anywhere else after the US, so it would be logical to think that they could go in and work on a record.  I don't think that they are just gonna not do anything.  However, the next question is how long that may take....and that's the million dollar question.  With Axl, I could see it turning into another 3 years??  However, it seems as though there is a lot of material already down, so it shouldn't take that long.  And if finishing stuff that is already started is the plan....I would bet that DJ and Bumble will add a few things of their own on top of it all....among some other changes or additions by everyone else. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2011, 01:36:37 AM »

I think the best thing for us fans to do right now is just wait and see what happens and not think about it too much. That routine worked well for the 15 years between TSI and CD, so it should also work now.  hihi rofl

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2011, 03:44:09 AM »

I think Ashba probably have something to contribute to Gn'R. I'm not the biggest fan of Sixx Am or Saints of Los Angeles, but he is a creative guy. And working with Axl will get the best out of him.

Anyway, here's link to another interview with Ashba, including positive comments on Axl, Halloween and being a Gn'R-member Smiley http://www.goupstate.com/article/20111027/ARTICLES/110271012/1027/OPINION?Title=Costumed-or-not-Guns-N-Roses-set-to-rock-on-Halloween

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »

Axl has talked about two albums among the Chinese days,not three. 

Axl talked about three albums in 2002.  Who really knows how much material is lying around?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »

Axl has talked about two albums among the Chinese days,not three. 

Axl talked about three albums in 2002.  Who really knows how much material is lying around?

That is true, didn't he say it at the London (UK) 2002 show at the Docklands... yes

So yes, I think at this point Axl has even changed his mind a few times about where he wants the next CD(s) to go. If I was to be honest, I would say that I think Axl has grew out of the Nu-Metal, Industrial tinged direction he was heading in around 1999-2002. Which is a shame as I loved that version of GN'R, but I think Axl seems to be going back to a rock n' roll direction, what GN'R is used to.

But bearing that in mind, I still feel that the Robin/Bucket/Brain era of songs are still the strongest and most complete material GN'R has created to this day. So thankfully, I still cling on to the hope that any future release will be heavilly influenced by the 1999-2002 sessions.  Wink
portagul
Opening Act

Longtime silent observer...

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2011, 12:14:38 PM »

Yeah, I fully believe that Axl is at the helm, but that the others bring ideas to the table... I remember him saying something about that's how the band works to this day. I look forward to any new Guns N' Roses material and I think that DJ's skills will be utilized by Axl the best way possible. I say bring it on! Call it Chinese Democracy II or something new, doesn't matter to me, just as long as it's good and you know it will be with those guys!
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2011, 05:58:06 PM »

In GNR's world, it's really hard to guess.  Axl doesn't give into pressures and based on Chinese, things really need to be right for something to be released.  He even commented that Chinese was rushed at release. 

I would say best case scenario is that we get one at the end of 2012.  I can see them going in to work/finish the next album after they finish this tour.  I don't see them touring anywhere else after the US, so it would be logical to think that they could go in and work on a record.  I don't think that they are just gonna not do anything.  However, the next question is how long that may take....and that's the million dollar question.  With Axl, I could see it turning into another 3 years??  However, it seems as though there is a lot of material already down, so it shouldn't take that long.  And if finishing stuff that is already started is the plan....I would bet that DJ and Bumble will add a few things of their own on top of it all....among some other changes or additions by everyone else. 

what if the record company wants chinese democracy 2 out before the u.s. tour. let's say the album is done without dj on it. still holds true to brain, finck, bucket, stinson, fortus, and reed. would axl give the go ahead for its release?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2011, 06:04:33 PM »

what if the record company wants chinese democracy 2 out before the u.s. tour. let's say the album is done without dj on it. still holds true to brain, finck, bucket, stinson, fortus, and reed. would axl give the go ahead for its release?

Uhh, the US tour starts tomorrow??  I dont' think the album is going to be released tonight.  We have heard numerous people say that vocals still need to be laid down, among other things.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2011, 06:17:16 PM »

I'm completely down with what janus said earlier about a double cd-1 from this lineup and 1 from the CD sessions.  But for marketing it should be done as a new lineup release and a separate deluxe version with the old CD stuff that folks like us are dying to hear. 

And in 13 days I'm finally gonna get to see this band live!  Sorry, just had to throw that in there. beer

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2011, 09:24:16 PM »

From another interview with Dj, he says that exact same thing to Guitar World that he says in this radio interview...

Guitar World: Now this is the million dollar question: Is there new material in the future of Guns N? Roses?

Dj Ashba: Absolutely! That?s our main focus. Obviously with me being a song writer and producer, when I got the phone call, I knew I could bring something to the table because I grew up on this music. I cut my teeth on guys like Slash and have the utmost respect for his guitar playing and style. I feel I get where he was coming from. No one will ever replace him, and that?s not why I?m here. I felt I could do the gig justice and stay true to the vision. That?s why I got involved. I really wanted to work with Axl and I thought I could bring something to the table. Axl has a lot of material. I?ve written a bunch of stuff for him.

I can see where having you in the band could be quite an asset. You produce material at a feverous pace. You are like having the producer, guitarist, art director and technologies in the band all at the same time.

I don?t sleep much (laughs)!

http://www.guitarworld.com/interview-guns-n-roses-and-sixxam-guitarist-dj-ashba-discusses-gear-producing-and-future-gnr

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2011, 10:03:51 PM »

Wasn't BH out of the band by the time CD was released? His parts are still on there

It Tastes Good Don't It?
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2011, 01:02:48 AM »

Uhh, the US tour starts tomorrow??  I dont' think the album is going to be released tonight.  We have heard numerous people say that vocals still need to be laid down, among other things.

i was thinking maybe a surprise release in stores. walmart. bestbuy. all the music stores!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: