Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  are VR fans still living in denial?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: are VR fans still living in denial?  (Read 5765 times)
darkmonth
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 04:58:42 AM »

Not really dude no one was saying cb would make cd look like shit.. Did they spend 7 years on this, did they have a revolving door of musicians, did they re do parts 5-6 times>> You sound like one of those bitter people that are so annoyed with the lack of anything from new gnr that you need to come over to this section and piss on other people because they are enjoying the album and since you have axl on the brain 24-7 you just want the misery loves company .. Your whole argument is rediculous because it's all opinion and I know you can never believe this but the new gnr songs are nothing special to me.. Blue n maddy are cool, but silkworms, riyad and oh my god are complete crap.
Who turned quite about axl's defeat or whatever you call it? Unlike you fans of both bands are waiting for cd and when it happen we wil enjoy it.. You didn't like the album Boo Hoo just move on then or see what comes next.. You aren't going to convince anyone that believes anything already.. if I like cb or the awesome live shows I saw then I will after you complain a while in here too..  You have been bad mouthing them since you came to this section so same song different day..

At least I can say they are out there doing something wether you like the music or not, I can say they have toured the world(13 months) and give their fans enjoyment, I can say they give us singles n videos and keep us informed on their every move, I can say if they cancel something they give notice and not wait until people watch opening acts drink beer and get crushed in riots..

I took the bait because this guy jumped all over my germany rocm am thread just to bash scott's looks..

Mike, I haven't always agreed with your opinions, but I've found you to be rather in the middle and therefore a good example of how HTGTH members should behave... in this case I totally agree with you.

This dude has recently been in posts slagging people off for liking VR, and sucking Axl's virtual cock far to much.  Why can't we like both bands?  I like some of new GnR's stuff.  I like  Contraband a lot.  I like both bands.  But people like this are only out to piss others off.  I honestly can't see how Jarmo hasn't kicked his ass around for inciting this kind of hatred in the board.  He's doing it not just because he literally worships a man he's never met or known, but because he loves to piss people off.  We've all annoyed other posters before, but along with dave_2k or whatever his name is, this dude is excessively one sided.  Dave_2k even has calmed down and occassionally been quite good about VR, therfore expressing less of a blind desire for Axl.  But this guy... jeez.  Please, someone ban him for a while so he'll calm himself down!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 07:36:49 AM »

well, before CB was released, that album was like CD, non-existent to us. so it was fun to debate that stuff.
but these days, when CB very much exists, it's not much fun comparing it to something that STILL doesn't exist..

and what in the wildest world is so fuckin fantastic about the songs Axl played on the last tour (3 years ago)?
2 of them are good, 1 is ok. most songs on Contraband beats the shit outta 4 of those 6 songs. Madagascar and IRS are on par with CB's best stuff though.

plus, we know that comparing it to CD now would just drive the common Axl-fans' fantasy nuts, saying something like it will save the world...or similar things. it's fun to read, but I can't help feeling sorry for them people. Undecided

with that said, NO, I don't hate Axl...just these threads, you were asking for this shit. but Im done now, even if you reply. Ive said what I had to say. Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2005, 09:31:41 AM »

well, before CB was released, that album was like CD, non-existent to us. so it was fun to debate that stuff.
but these days, when CB very much exists, it's not much fun comparing it to something that STILL doesn't exist..

and what in the wildest world is so fuckin fantastic about the songs Axl played on the last tour (3 years ago)?
2 of them are good, 1 is ok. most songs on Contraband beats the shit outta 4 of those 6 songs. Madagascar and IRS are on par with CB's best stuff though.

plus, we know that comparing it to CD now would just drive the common Axl-fans' fantasy nuts, saying something like it will save the world...or similar things. it's fun to read, but I can't help feeling sorry for them people. Undecided

with that said, NO, I don't hate Axl...just these threads, you were asking for this shit. but Im done now, even if you reply. Ive said what I had to say. Grin

lol @ you still comparing the new guns n' roses songs to contraband. oh my god and riyahd and the beduins alone squashed every sad attempt at grunge influenced rock VR made on contraband. some of it was decent at best, axl topped off the fucking VMA's with madagascar as the world patiently waits for his return and CD's release. but thanx for the answer though. like you said, after hearing contraband the comparisons to CD came to a natural halt.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005, 11:03:45 AM »

lol @ you still comparing the new guns n' roses songs to contraband. oh my god and riyahd and the beduins alone squashed every sad attempt at grunge influenced rock VR made on contraband. some of it was decent at best, axl topped off the fucking VMA's with madagascar as the world patiently waits for his return and CD's release. but thanx for the answer though. like you said, after hearing contraband the comparisons to CD came to a natural halt.

i swear, if this guy isn't banned or this thread isn't locked, i'm going to go start a thread in the gnr section called "are gnr fans still in denial?" and then ask why all the axl-lovers have stopped saying that CD will destroy VR, is it because they now know that VR is an amazing band with an amazing record that totally kicks the ass out of anything that axl can ever hope to produce because he's washed up and crazy. then, if someone does try to argue that the songs they've heard from cd are better than contraband, i will smugly, and with much conceit, laugh directly at them for trying to make such a ridiculous argument.

i wonder how long that thread would last...

now you know me better
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2005, 11:29:58 AM »

There's a slight difference.

This is a Guns N' Roses message board with a VR section, not a VR board with a GN'R section. So I suspect the majority of people here are actually GN'R fans. Some of us can even like both bands...

But this is a pointless thread anyway......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: