Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:02:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Steven Adler Interview on Metal Sludge
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Steven Adler Interview on Metal Sludge  (Read 44795 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2006, 07:24:40 PM »

Right one, MeanBone...Sorum is an ok player, but Steve had that groove.  I was trying to look for the right word, and I think groove is it.  Steve's drumming had a really nice flow, something Matt's really never had.  Steve's drumming makes you wanna dance, Matt's doesn't usually do that.  Its more drumming to bang your head to than to dance to.

exactly. Matt is a great drummer. technically very skilled as well, in that category even better than adler.
i saw matt live, and i met him and he was great, as a person and as a drummer. he really impressed me live. and i always thought great of him. and even in gn'r he had great moments. like the Double Pedal on Nightrain's solo. and other stuff.
but steven was always a rock n roll drummer. matt was more of a heavy rock/ Metal even! he punds those drums so hard it's bound to be heavy. and to be honest... Steven was a lot more fun.
as you said steven made you wanna dance. u don't dance to Matt's playing. it's not good old fashioned rock n roll. it's something else. Gn'r was a totally different band with matt.
one good thing is Brain has groove. he has the technical skills of matt. even more and the groove of a steven adler. Brain is a great drummer

Chinese Democracy!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2006, 07:32:54 PM »

Yep Brain is great...  drool

Wasnt Brain the guy who wrote the song for South park with Primus?
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2006, 10:07:23 PM »

Oh I don' t know. I think everything is possible concerning our Stevie here (he has admitted that he and Slash were sucking dicks for money).

Are you sure about Slash sucking dick?  I thought it was only Steven.  Does anyone have that interview when Steven admits sucking dick?  Steven is a pathetic loser.  You kind of feel sorry for the guy but when you look at it, he did it all himself.  He blames GNR for getting him hooked on drugs. 

"Wha!? A-aa-are you sure Slash sucked dick!? YOUR A LIAR! SLASH WOULD NEVER HES MY HERO!

Plus even if he did.. who cares?

Adlers still fucking lame though."

Im sure thats what you would say should the interview come up. You just give yourself excuses to hate Adler...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 11:44:10 PM by -Jack- » Logged

gnrevolution.com
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2006, 11:28:11 PM »

I still dont get the Idea of hating a guy that had done a great job in GNR history, yet people think that he's a loser a pathetic lost case, well at least he's not posting in message board in the end of the night  confused  nervous
Anyway I 'd take stevie drumming every day than Matt's, i dont know the vibe that Stevie had to make a song feels like rock n roll was just great, or else read the the views of our own Dead Horse concert in Adlers Appetite

No man can be my equal
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2006, 09:50:33 AM »

Oh I don' t know. I think everything is possible concerning our Stevie here (he has admitted that he and Slash were sucking dicks for money).

Are you sure about Slash sucking dick?? I thought it was only Steven.? Does anyone have that interview when Steven admits sucking dick?? Steven is a pathetic loser.? You kind of feel sorry for the guy but when you look at it, he did it all himself.? He blames GNR for getting him hooked on drugs.?

That' s what Steven said if I remember correctly. And another poster in this thread has already mentioned it before me. Still, I think you should take everything Steven says with a grain of salt, he talks a lot of shit sometimes.
But does it really matter? Would Slash be a "pathetic loser" as well then to you?
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2006, 01:51:17 PM »

OK,  people have right in thinking differently from one another...
Yet,   Steven Adler is only poor pathetic whiny bitch,   independant of his sexual preferences!
I am really sick and tired of people like him and plenty others on this board who bash the guys who made Illusions + the tour possible.
I am really glad Steven was kicked out cause his drumming sounded like kids hitting a metal garbage bin.
Not only is Matt far better drummer who achived much more in his life than Adler,  but he recorded more albums with GNR and made one of the biggest rock tours + records possible and is therefore considered by me the GNR drummer.
Steven is not only pathetic,  but also an shelfish basterd who put GNR future t risk by his will no to end his drug habits.
Sad!   Sad is also the fact that he now complains about nostalgia and friendships but he never did anything to save that cause the drugs made him feel so good!
His insanity can also be seen when he published that fake book where he tried cleaning himself by accusing others of different things (eg.  Slash,  Duff,  Axl),   but now he cries again and claims he is glad that Slash is his friend again.
No,  the rest of the band weren't malehookers,  although Adler claimed so in his cheap book,  he later apologized for that crap.
Steven,  fuck off for once and for all and take your few hooker friends with you!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2006, 02:24:31 PM »

steven is a joke imo......   i have to admit i love the "groove" he added to gnr`s songs. i always felt matt ruined the illusions with his drumming, but it`s cool for some part.... estranged for example or novem,ber rain. but there`s no excuse for his look in 91-92....  in 93 he was cool imo ok

and about steven:
  comments like the one he made about him writing the illusions` songs with slash and duff keep me from liking him. i do think there`s a reason he only got 5% of the money from appetite.... and as far as i no nothing from the illusions.

by the way brain`s cool peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2006, 05:53:49 PM »

brain is good but not the right choice for guns,.,.he doesn t even like the songs. matt is ok i love the guy, but steven has something special... listen the tracks of lies that where in live like a suicide you will know what im talkin about

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2006, 06:47:21 PM »

What book did Steven Adler write?  I never heard of it.  Who did he accuse in the band besides Slash of being a male hooker?  I do not know why people hate Sorum so much.  I think he is a good drummer. If Adler was better then he would be with a good band instead of a stupid cover band.  Sorum is with VR and that says enough.
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2006, 07:06:42 PM »

I heard Steven and Izzy recorded together.  Anyplace I can download those songs?
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2006, 07:09:37 PM »

I'll take steven's drumming over matt's anyday, he really has got that groove and matt well he's boring IMO, and about slash sucking dick?, that's just BS
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2006, 10:24:07 AM »

I think poor old stevie will be the next Ozzy Osbourne without the fame and the money achievement  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2006, 12:19:22 PM »

Yep Brain is great... drool

Wasnt Brain the guy who wrote the song for South park with Primus?

yep he was!
Brain is an incredible drummer, and I think he'll fit like a glove with the new GNR stuff!

and btw, most of the UYI was written with Steven on drums. so Matt didn't write many drumparts for the album, he just kinda played Stevens stuff in his own way.

and reason he only got 5% (actually 15%) of AFD is cos GNR had a fucked up way of splitting royalties, and not considering drumparts as a part of the songwriting. they only counted lyrics and melody as songwriting, even though the drumparts for each song were quite clearly written too..
and as you may know, writing melodies on drums is not exacly an easy thing, if not to say impossible!

what I see from my viewpoint as a drummer myself, is that I put a lot more work into my parts than the other guys in the band does. IMO, drummers doesn't even get 1/4 of the respect they deserve for their work (dammit, hehe)!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 12:22:36 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2006, 01:45:19 PM »

Great drumarrangements for a song can make the song stick out.. and a great groove can lift the song.

Steven has a great groove.. he can lift the song. Also his drumarrangements for AFD (and the EP) are not the same old beats over and over again, they're completely focussed on the song. Matt is technically much better but his timing is so perfect it's like a drummachine. It's boring. And he uses the same old beat every time.. like on Come On, Come In for example.

Matt said a while ago that Steven has a punkrock kind of sound and attitude and he doesn't cause he doesn't like punkrock. He said it when VR edited a magazine a while ago and Matt choose his top whatever drummers.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2006, 08:40:43 PM »

so Steven was in Matt's top whatever drummers list? lol
he doesn't sound much like punk to me really, maybe a tiny bit like old school punk such as the Pistols.
IMO he's got a loose rock-style.
Matt is better than Steve technically, but I don't think he's much better.
they do have very different styles, Steven's got a groove-based rock style and Matt has a precision-based rock/metal style.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ReinaMora
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2006, 03:17:29 PM »

OK,? people have right in thinking differently from one another...
Yet,? ?Steven Adler is only poor pathetic whiny bitch,? ?independant of his sexual preferences!
I am really sick and tired of people like him and plenty others on this board who bash the guys who made Illusions + the tour possible.
I am really glad Steven was kicked out cause his drumming sounded like kids hitting a metal garbage bin.
Not only is Matt far better drummer who achived much more in his life than Adler,? but he recorded more albums with GNR and made one of the biggest rock tours + records possible and is therefore considered by me the GNR drummer.
Steven is not only pathetic,? but also an shelfish basterd who put GNR future t risk by his will no to end his drug habits.
Sad!? ?Sad is also the fact that he now complains about nostalgia and friendships but he never did anything to save that cause the drugs made him feel so good!
His insanity can also be seen when he published that fake book where he tried cleaning himself by accusing others of different things (eg.? Slash,? Duff,? Axl),? ?but now he cries again and claims he is glad that Slash is his friend again.
No,? the rest of the band weren't malehookers,? although Adler claimed so in his cheap book,? he later apologized for that crap.
Steven,? fuck off for once and for all and take your few hooker friends with you!

Man your post stinks of pure ignorance. Have you cared to read all the sides of what happened when Steven got fired? Did you know what other members have said about it? That it was stupid and it made no sense! And I'm not making this up, here you have the quotes:

I knew it was the beginning of the end when Steven was legally voted out of the band for doing drugs. This from a band that spent five years doing groupies and acting like idiots!
---Izzy Stradlin, 1993

When Axl began to gain some money and to get laid, he wasn't controllable any more. Then I saw Steven, Slash and Duff literally killing themselves before my eyes. I don't even know any more if Steven was still in the group in fact: what was that bullshit anyway? A musician is fired from Guns N' Roses because he's on drugs while the group spent all of their time on drugs?
I did the [1993] shows and I didn't enjoy myself a lot because Duff and Slash were always still wasted.
--Izzy Stradlin, Hard Rock magazine, June 2001

[Guns N Roses] already went wrong when original drummer Steven Adler was kicked out of the band. Because Steven was gone, Izzy also [eventually] left. But we had a whole tour planned so we kept the whole thing going. When it was time to record a new album, though, we missed those guys a lot [Izzy did not play much on the UYI albums]. Look, nothing was right about our little band, but we were very successful. Without Steven and Izzy, though, it really turned into Axl's trip.
--Slash, Aloha magazine, June 8, 2004

"That's a good way of putting it," laughs Duff. "Guns were a bunch of nutcases and with the original band there was a real sense of family. When we had to let Steven [Adler, Guns N' Roses' drummer] go, which was moronic, we came to him and said, 'Hey, look who's telling you you're too fucked up! It's us! If we're telling you you're too fucked up then you're too fucked up!' With this band there's an unspoken wisdom because we have all died or should be dead. And we talk all the time so we don't have that thing that festers for three months. If it comes to the point where one of us wants to come to blows with somebody, we'll stop and go,'What's the problem?"
Duff, full interview: http://realvrfans.proboards3.com/index.cgi?board=VelvetRevolverBoard&action=display&num=1104768509&start=0

And what fake book are you talking about? More ignorance Roll Eyes Steven's book hasn't been published by now, so why do you talk as if you knew what is on it? And he has NEVER said shit like other people of the band were malehookers, in fact he said there will not be dirty laundry in the book!

So don't you like Steven? Fine. But why are you saying all these lies about him?! rant
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 03:31:29 PM by ReinaMora » Logged
iamskeletor
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2006, 05:51:40 PM »

Part II of the Steven Adler interview is now up on Metal Sludge.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2006, 06:26:15 PM »

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1138&Itemid=1

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2006, 07:45:51 PM »

Well that was an interesting read...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2006, 09:15:56 PM »

just read the whole itw.

the thing is : Steven is right on everything.
the guys abandoned him with his addiction.

they're ALL junkies except Axl.
they just acted like assholes.
that's the truth.

i'm not a particular fan of steven, or any other of the guys, i mean i love all of them.

some of you says he's a junkie, a gay, well, who cares ?
do you say Duff was an alcoholic with the same contempt ?
do yo say Slash was a junkie too ?

AGAIN, it's Izzy the most clever gunner, the guy who have the sharpest analysis
on the band in my opinion, reading the quotes posted by ReinaMora (thx to u).

and, Steven is alive. what about if he died after being fired for a fault every other member have made too ?
they never helped him if i'm correct.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: