Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Steven Adler Interview on Metal Sludge
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Steven Adler Interview on Metal Sludge  (Read 44813 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2006, 11:07:25 PM »

jesus christ.... Steven is insane.  I think it is becoming more and more clear that the guy has some serious issues.  The way he speaks in his interviews just makes him sound so immature.  It is like he has not grown up since 1990.  I have always been a big fan of Steven, but I gotta say this interview is starting to make me think otherwise.

There will never be a reunion show with Steven Adler playing drums.  IF it ever happens it will be Matt Sorum.  And at this point, I don't blame Slash, Duff, and Scott with letting Sorum play drums for Velvet Revolver.  Adler is a true nutcase.  Just look at a quote from Part III of the interview "Umm, I smoked a little rock about 2 months ago." .  The guy is a fucking crack addict now.  All the bullshit he has ever said about being clean, it was all lies.  And I was stupid enough to believe it.

I am calling it now... Steven Adler will be dead within 2 years.  He has done too much to his body over the years and he continues to use drugs probably on a daily basis.  I hope I get to see him play before then, but I am not counting on it. 
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2006, 03:11:19 AM »

Well I think it is a great interview.? Those of you who criticise Steven for what he says, the guy is honest and says what he thinks, which makes a nice change from musicians who say what they think is cool.? The interesting thing is, that most of you who abuse Steven and say he is a whinger, etc, seem to forget that Steven is only answering questions asked by a journalist - so maybe your hatred should be directed towards Metal Sludge for repeatedly asking the same questions about Axl, Matt, reunion etc.?

Oh and War 41 - chill out until you have read Part 3 - you may find that the comment was taken out of context.? It could be that Steven was joking around when he said it and Metal Sludge posted it to getting people talking and also to read part three.

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
badapple81
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2006, 05:08:55 AM »

Adler is certainly happy to spill the beans. He doesn't really seem like he's with the program at all.

Yeah wait until Part III. I just hope that stuff about the drugs and I think I saw something about giving blow jobs is taken out of context!

GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2006, 06:26:21 AM »

What book did Steven Adler write?? I never heard of it.? Who did he accuse in the band besides Slash of being a male hooker?? I do not know why people hate Sorum so much.? I think he is a good drummer. If Adler was better then he would be with a good band instead of a stupid cover band.? Sorum is with VR and that says enough.

I don't know the name.
Just remember the guys sued him for saying
a)    they all worked as hooker in LA (which the rest of the band didn't do)
b)    Slash and Axl worked as teste bunnies for new inventions (don't know about that one).

The last time I heard about that was back in '96 or so.
It said that Adler admited that stuff wasn't true,  he apologized and paid them some money or something...
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2006, 06:27:31 AM »

jesus christ.... Steven is insane.? I think it is becoming more and more clear that the guy has some serious issues.? The way he speaks in his interviews just makes him sound so immature.? It is like he has not grown up since 1990.? I have always been a big fan of Steven, but I gotta say this interview is starting to make me think otherwise.

There will never be a reunion show with Steven Adler playing drums.? IF it ever happens it will be Matt Sorum.? And at this point, I don't blame Slash, Duff, and Scott with letting Sorum play drums for Velvet Revolver.? Adler is a true nutcase.? Just look at a quote from Part III of the interview "Umm, I smoked a little rock about 2 months ago." .? The guy is a fucking crack addict now.? All the bullshit he has ever said about being clean, it was all lies.? And I was stupid enough to believe it.

I am calling it now... Steven Adler will be dead within 2 years.? He has done too much to his body over the years and he continues to use drugs probably on a daily basis.? I hope I get to see him play before then, but I am not counting on it.?

You mean Slash,  Duff and Matt let Scott in  Wink
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2006, 06:28:46 AM »

OK,? people have right in thinking differently from one another...
Yet,? ?Steven Adler is only poor pathetic whiny bitch,? ?independant of his sexual preferences!
I am really sick and tired of people like him and plenty others on this board who bash the guys who made Illusions + the tour possible.
I am really glad Steven was kicked out cause his drumming sounded like kids hitting a metal garbage bin.
Not only is Matt far better drummer who achived much more in his life than Adler,? but he recorded more albums with GNR and made one of the biggest rock tours + records possible and is therefore considered by me the GNR drummer.
Steven is not only pathetic,? but also an shelfish basterd who put GNR future t risk by his will no to end his drug habits.
Sad!? ?Sad is also the fact that he now complains about nostalgia and friendships but he never did anything to save that cause the drugs made him feel so good!
His insanity can also be seen when he published that fake book where he tried cleaning himself by accusing others of different things (eg.? Slash,? Duff,? Axl),? ?but now he cries again and claims he is glad that Slash is his friend again.
No,? the rest of the band weren't malehookers,? although Adler claimed so in his cheap book,? he later apologized for that crap.
Steven,? fuck off for once and for all and take your few hooker friends with you!

Man your post stinks of pure ignorance. Have you cared to read all the sides of what happened when Steven got fired? Did you know what other members have said about it? That it was stupid and it made no sense! And I'm not making this up, here you have the quotes:

I knew it was the beginning of the end when Steven was legally voted out of the band for doing drugs. This from a band that spent five years doing groupies and acting like idiots!
---Izzy Stradlin, 1993

When Axl began to gain some money and to get laid, he wasn't controllable any more. Then I saw Steven, Slash and Duff literally killing themselves before my eyes. I don't even know any more if Steven was still in the group in fact: what was that bullshit anyway? A musician is fired from Guns N' Roses because he's on drugs while the group spent all of their time on drugs?
I did the [1993] shows and I didn't enjoy myself a lot because Duff and Slash were always still wasted.
--Izzy Stradlin, Hard Rock magazine, June 2001

[Guns N Roses] already went wrong when original drummer Steven Adler was kicked out of the band. Because Steven was gone, Izzy also [eventually] left. But we had a whole tour planned so we kept the whole thing going. When it was time to record a new album, though, we missed those guys a lot [Izzy did not play much on the UYI albums]. Look, nothing was right about our little band, but we were very successful. Without Steven and Izzy, though, it really turned into Axl's trip.
--Slash, Aloha magazine, June 8, 2004

"That's a good way of putting it," laughs Duff. "Guns were a bunch of nutcases and with the original band there was a real sense of family. When we had to let Steven [Adler, Guns N' Roses' drummer] go, which was moronic, we came to him and said, 'Hey, look who's telling you you're too fucked up! It's us! If we're telling you you're too fucked up then you're too fucked up!' With this band there's an unspoken wisdom because we have all died or should be dead. And we talk all the time so we don't have that thing that festers for three months. If it comes to the point where one of us wants to come to blows with somebody, we'll stop and go,'What's the problem?"
Duff, full interview: http://realvrfans.proboards3.com/index.cgi?board=VelvetRevolverBoard&action=display&num=1104768509&start=0

And what fake book are you talking about? More ignorance Roll Eyes Steven's book hasn't been published by now, so why do you talk as if you knew what is on it? And he has NEVER said shit like other people of the band were malehookers, in fact he said there will not be dirty laundry in the book!

So don't you like Steven? Fine. But why are you saying all these lies about him?! rant

Adler,  is that you or one of the hookers!? crying
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2006, 07:10:37 AM »

Unlike the rest of the GnR interviews that have been floating around for the past decade plus, this one has the dirt. Not horse shit like: "People will hear music this year." Attached to a photo from a party. Big fucking whoop.

yeah metal sludge!!!   you got an interview with STEVEN ADLER!!! he?s talking about suckin dicks for drugs and how he?s smokin a joint every morning ok  definitely better than an axl interview where he?s talkin about CD peace    fuckin losers!!!

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ReinaMora
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2006, 10:23:28 AM »

Adler,? is that you or one of the hookers!? crying

That's all you can say as a reply? Wow I'm impressed.

Man you're heavily dissinformed. Again, Steven's book hasn't been published and he never said such shit. So no, the other guys didn't sue him for what he said in the book (the not published book!!) and he didn't apologize or paid them money because THAT NEVER HAPPENED.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2006, 12:30:15 PM »

Well I think it is a great interview.  Those of you who criticise Steven for what he says, the guy is honest and says what he thinks, which makes a nice change from musicians who say what they think is cool.  The interesting thing is, that most of you who abuse Steven and say he is a whinger, etc, seem to forget that Steven is only answering questions asked by a journalist - so maybe your hatred should be directed towards Metal Sludge for repeatedly asking the same questions about Axl, Matt, reunion etc. 

Oh and War 41 - chill out until you have read Part 3 - you may find that the comment was taken out of context.  It could be that Steven was joking around when he said it and Metal Sludge posted it to getting people talking and also to read part three.

duffsgal you are right, maybe I should just wait for part 3.  Metal Sludge isnt exactly Time Magazine and I could definitely see them taking quotes out of context. 

What I dont understand, however, is why you think a guy that says the first thing that comes into his head is admirable.  If people did that the world would be in trouble.  All of the rest of the guys actually think about what they are going to say and then say it.  They dont spurt out words and hope that they come together to form a sentence that can be comprehended. 

Also he is not just answering questions from a journalist.  I never saw Metal Sludge ever ask the question 'hey Steven, do you like sucking cocks?' or 'hey Steven, why do you always talk about sucking cock?'  He comes right out and says it without any prodding.  At this point, its kind of creepy.  The guy is around 40 years old and I am not really sure from his interview you can tell whether or not he is joking.  He is just a really immature guy and to me it seems obvious (from the Adler's Appetite situation) that he would not be able to play in any major band right now.  He plays in a glorifed cover band and his bandmates still didn't like him. 
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2006, 01:49:01 PM »

Adler,? is that you or one of the hookers!? crying

That's all you can say as a reply? Wow I'm impressed.

Man you're heavily dissinformed. Again, Steven's book hasn't been published and he never said such shit. So no, the other guys didn't sue him for what he said in the book (the not published book!!) and he didn't apologize or paid them money because THAT NEVER HAPPENED.
Steve,  you already mentioned in the interview that you don't remember anything between 92 - 99,  therefore,  I am not surprised.
Nevertheless,    internet is a great thing I am sure that you can find some info here ok
Media sometimes writes shit but then has to pa for that.
German media closely followed the case,  therefore,  I am sure it is true but it is obviously the part of your life you can't remember...
Obviously,   you don' t remember Slash,  Axl and Duff suing for that book and receiving the money either Huh
makane
Legend

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2006, 02:17:35 PM »

Oh god hes so STUPID. Hes always wishing for a reunion or something like that, YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT LIKE THAT. He want's to say everyones a fucking dickhead, instead hes talking between the lines like a coward. just a DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVE MOTHERFUCKER.

Emotions ripped, gone on a binge
Life lipped, I said you're off the hinge
Tellin' lies of such fame and glory
I don't even wanna hear your story
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 02:19:29 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
ReinaMora
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2006, 03:19:05 PM »

internet is a great thing I am sure that you can find some info here ok
Media sometimes writes shit but then has to pa for that.
German media closely followed the case,? therefore,? I am sure it is true but it is obviously the part of your life you can't remember...
Obviously,? ?you don' t remember Slash,? Axl and Duff suing for that book and receiving the money either Huh

ha ha I'm not Steven dude and no one here but you has heard about that!! Isn't that strange? Roll Eyes

Yep Internet is a great source of information but the fact is you have NOTHING to back your lies
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2006, 08:34:44 PM »

I'd like to take the chance to shit on Metal Sludge for a moment.? They are (and have always been) fucking assholes.? A couple of years ago, they posted some "rock star poster boys who look like shit now" list, and guess who one of those guys was?? Yep, none other than Steven Adler.? They further said "Steven sucked so much dick and did so much crack that he looks like shit now".? They even insulted Steven's fans when they protested his inclusion, by calling them "stupid".

Now loookie here what's going on, Metal Sludge is kissing Steven's ass now that he's giving them a juicy interview.

Fucking two faced shit-talking bastards, that's what Metal Sludge has always been.? And they stuck their little dig at Axl at the end.? Haha, I bet if Axl called them tomorrow and gave them a juicy scoop, they'd be sucking his fucking dick to get it.

Just look at a quote from Part III of the interview "Umm, I smoked a little rock about 2 months ago." .? The guy is a fucking crack addict now.?

Smoking crack is stupid on Steven's part.? ?but if you think "smoking a little rock 2 months ago" makes you a fucking crack addict, then you are a fucking crack addict.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 08:40:27 PM by Bridge » Logged
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2006, 09:53:05 PM »

Just look at a quote from Part III of the interview "Umm, I smoked a little rock about 2 months ago." .  The guy is a fucking crack addict now. 

Smoking crack is stupid on Steven's part.   but if you think "smoking a little rock 2 months ago" makes you a fucking crack addict, then you are a fucking crack addict.

oh yeah.... well... uhhhh well if you think I am crack addict then you must be a fucking crack addict because only a crack addict would think that I am a crack addict.   Roll Eyes
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2006, 10:54:47 PM »

Ya know awhile back I really would have said I always felt bad for Steven. But in the past few years with his recent return everytime I read him in the press he comes off as either a moron, a liar, or a baby. First off I hate reading him say stuff about how he deserves jhis royalties when I have never seen evidence of him having written anything. He claims he, slash, and duff wrote all of the illusions in interviews. Then how come he has never written anything since? Axl claimed he didn't deserve any of his credit on appetite either. And the comment about having gay sex with steven tyler is pathetic. I am not even going to argue whether or not it's true because how the fuck am I to know what either of them like to do I can only guess. But whether it's true or not the whole thing is a rather sad attempt by Adler to get some press and attention for his band. He was probably hoping that steven tylers fame and such a comment would garner alot more attention than it has. Gladly I am guessing the media know better than to listen to a washed up junkie who never got over being out of the spotlight 15 years ago. And while I do think matt can be a baby too by some interviews I ahve seen anyone who says he is a bad drummer is being ignorant. He may not be your favorite, by he is by no means bad and steven chooses to act like a baby. He doesn't want to talk too much shit about slash or duff (ya know people who actually had something to do with him being kicked out) so he takes it out on matt who had zero to do with it. I never thought I would say this about any member of gnr but I think I just want steven to go away. then again I could just stop reading his crap. oh well.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2006, 12:47:26 AM »

Well in all honestly it doesnt matter whether anyone likes Steven or Matt better because if there is a reunion, none of us will get a say in the lineup.

Oh and Croatia GNR, if you cant back up your bullshit with actual articles about this alleged book and lawsuit, then dont bother posting about it.? ?

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2006, 01:27:45 AM »

Everyone of the members made have made the same mistake of doing drugs but the difference is that they were able to perform while on drugs.  Steven was not.  He deserved to get kicked off.
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2006, 03:19:46 AM »

i just cant fuckin believe how after reading what slash duff and izzy said about kickin steven out you still think he deserve it...

and i also think that steven should play ilusion material on AA concerts, so everyone would shut the fuck up about he being bad playing drums like that starfucker axl has in his band as a keyboard player.

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
iamskeletor
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2006, 11:30:42 AM »

Part III of the interview: http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1139&Itemid=52
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2006, 12:29:29 PM »

i just cant fuckin believe how after reading what slash duff and izzy said about kickin steven out you still think he deserve it...

and i also think that steven should play ilusion material on AA concerts, so everyone would shut the fuck up about he being bad playing drums like that starfucker axl has in his band as a keyboard player.

I totally agree with you man... and damn I cant stand that star"fucker" Reed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: