Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:22:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will GNR Join The Rolling Stones In Europe This Summer?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will GNR Join The Rolling Stones In Europe This Summer?  (Read 11218 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2007, 07:01:35 PM »

And they shouldn't.? The Stones are a much, much, much bigger band.?

No. They aren't.
Yes. They are.

And it's not even debatable.

Hahaha....what a ridiculous statement. EVERYTHING to do with opinion is debatable. Why don't you take your opinion of the Rolling Stones to a Rolling Stones board?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2007, 07:08:39 PM »

Nobody said RS is a better band, just a bigger band, and that's NOT debatable. Longevity, album sales, ticket sales, popularity, etc

I think GNR is a better band than The Stones, but there's no doubt the old geezers are bigger, and will always be

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2007, 07:16:25 PM »

the rolling stones are much bigger than gn'r. album sales, no 1's, no of fans. Pretty much any way you want to divvy it up, they win.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2007, 09:19:30 PM »

"A bigger band" is definately debatable, but whatever you guys wanna think is cool. I've caused this thread to go way too off topic and for that I apologize.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2007, 06:28:24 AM »

I also heard that GNR tried to book a Summer Date this year but were refused by some Irish promoters, and that they will only be booked later in the year, as there are too many good concerts happening this year and peoples money is now being spent on these and money would not be made on GNR to the same extent it was last year. One big problem was the album, since promoters felt without a new album and yet the promise of a new one, there could be problems when promoting the album. You'll remember that before this GNR have only played a handful of shows when theyve played, and never attempted to launch another string of dates having played 77 shows in 2006

I got this information from a well known insider of a high ranking promotion agency in Ireland, who has said that if GNR come back its being worked in for a Winter date...but its not impossible that they'll support the Stones as that would encourage tickets to sell....as there aren't that many people in Ireland who'll pay 90Euro to 186Euro to see the Stones

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
goonersnroses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2007, 07:29:00 AM »

its not impossible that they'll support the Stones as that would encourage tickets to sell....as there aren't that many people in Ireland who'll pay 90Euro to 186Euro to see the Stones

Sorry Pittman does that make sense?? If there aint that many people who would pay that to see the stones (one of which is me) wouldnt it help sales if GNR were on the bill?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2007, 10:33:24 AM »

its not impossible that they'll support the Stones as that would encourage tickets to sell....as there aren't that many people in Ireland who'll pay 90Euro to 186Euro to see the Stones

Sorry Pittman does that make sense?? If there aint that many people who would pay that to see the stones (one of which is me) wouldnt it help sales if GNR were on the bill?

That is what he is saying...it would help sales to have them on the bill.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2007, 10:57:47 AM »

...but its not impossible that they'll support the Stones as that would encourage tickets to sell....as there aren't that many people in Ireland who'll pay 90Euro to 186Euro to see the Stones

Then it would only become interesting for them when they like both bands.  If the Irish don't want to pay that kind of money for a Stones show I can't imagine they would pay it for a Guns show.
goonersnroses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2007, 08:51:16 AM »

Wel the stones gig sold out in a matter of hours...got my tickets  ok

Heard a rumor of a second slane gig in september sometime with another headliner maybe GNR are in the running for that?
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2007, 10:18:38 AM »

No..but Metallica is;
http://93x.com/blog.asp?id=379108&sbid=4444

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2007, 10:32:08 AM »

Wel the stones gig sold out in a matter of hours...got my tickets? ok

Heard a rumor of a second slane gig in september sometime with another headliner maybe GNR are in the running for that?
The second gig in september was allegedly the police .Not happening.

Remember that the point depot is due to close for a revamp shortly therefore i don't think guns could play anywhere else other than back up at slane as there is still no release & i doubt they could muster anymore than 10-15 000 next time round with no cd.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: