Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:52:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: New GNR Album handed in according to Bravewords.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: New GNR Album handed in according to Bravewords.com  (Read 29463 times)
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2007, 01:48:58 PM »

Well in light of the other recent activity this morning I would say this is very interesting ?Shocked

What other recent activity this morning...?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2007, 01:50:25 PM »

Well in light of the other recent activity this morning I would say this is very interesting ?Shocked

Leaks...
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »

Well in light of the other recent activity this morning I would say this is very interesting  Shocked

Leaks...

Yes, they're has been some extremely strange events taking place on this fucked-up March the 28th.   nervous
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2007, 01:54:45 PM »

If the the band are prepared to say the recordings are complete and off to be mixed, then I'm sure they will say if the album has finished being mixed, once it thas been fully mixed.

What was all that stuff about an album taking 8 weeks from completed mix to hitting the shops. April/May sounds about correct, not September  peace
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:38:36 PM by redx » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2007, 01:55:55 PM »

This is good news guys! This mean the album will come out this year. That's why Axl canceled the january shows to be able to finish the album until September, that's what normally takes to mix a 13 songs album. I'm so happy CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!! YEAH!!!! AXLS GOD AND HE CAN FUCK MY MOM AND I'M HAPPY ABOUT IT YAY!!!!!!!111!

Do you understand that albums aren't mixed up until the release date?

Judging by your sarcastic post, I'm not sure you understood that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2007, 02:02:22 PM »

I thought it takes 8 weeks to put out the album once its handed into the record company ? ?if its true shouldn't we see a late may early June release.

Just because it's handed in doesn't mean they automatically release it 8 weeks later.
It's all about the the record label as to how they choose to promote it and where it fits on their schedule.

The thing that floors me is I can't believe will continue to tour without supporting a new CD.
The difference in ticket sales in many markets would be greatly enhanced if they had new music available and promoted through radio, internet, etc...
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2007, 02:03:44 PM »

thats very true man, I totally agree, a new album would boost ticket sales...especially i would think in the US

and as for the leaks, I would tend to imagine that this is happening as a case of the album being handed over, and like Machine Head and Megadeth before them is unstoppable in this day and age.

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »

"Universal Music sources" inform BW&BK that GUNS N' ROSES "fictional album" Chinese Democracy is done and has been handed in. All Universal BIG wigs were flown to Los Angeles a couple of weeks back to listen to it. The delay is blamed on frontman Axl Rose "not having the proper team in place" since he fired his manager, Merck Mercuriadis. As soon as he gets his "new team" in place the album will be released. September seems like the most likely scenario. Don't hold your breath.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/63042

If only we could check the Universal 'Big Wigs' roster with passengers on Flight LA5072 then we'd know for sure they went to the listening party in LA. Hell I knew I shouldn't have watched 22 out of 24 episodes of Series 5 24 in one weekend.

Here today...ready to rock
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2007, 02:07:22 PM »

As a  long term Guns fan, I've got to say this thing is getting VERY... FUCKING... LAME....  Come one get the damn album out Axl its been years and I speak for millions of GNR fans when I say we're getting fucked off with these tiresome delays.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2007, 02:07:49 PM »

It's only rock and roll, but I like it!!!   yes
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2007, 02:30:32 PM »

Axl Rose can be easily the manager of Guns N' Roses. Axl is everything in Guns N' Roses and not only musically speaking.

asianstyles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2007, 02:41:27 PM »

Axl Rose can be easily the manager of Guns N' Roses. Axl is everything in Guns N' Roses and not only musically speaking.

I don't know that Axl could easily be the manager of Guns N' Roses. I am sure that there are a lot of things that management needs to take care of that Axl wouldn't have time for. Also, being a manager is not as easy as it sounds. Anyway, we want Axl to focus on music and touring, not management tasks.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2007, 02:53:34 PM »

As a? long term Guns fan, I've got to say this thing is getting VERY... FUCKING... LAME....? Come one get the damn album out Axl its been years and I speak for millions of GNR fans when I say we're getting fucked off with these tiresome delays.

well said

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
swedcrip
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2007, 02:59:53 PM »

It seems like every year they base everything on a fall (pre-Christmas) release. ?I guess it's the way to maximize sales. ?The amount of legal issues surrounding this album is ridiculous.

I'm no longer holding my breath. ?It'll be out when it's out, if it's ever out.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2007, 03:05:04 PM »

I'm no longer holding my breath.

Wow.. After 2 posts?? What a trooper
p-man
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2007, 03:07:35 PM »

This is good news guys! This mean the album will come out this year. That's why Axl canceled the january shows to be able to finish the album until September, that's what normally takes to mix a 13 songs album. I'm so happy CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!! YEAH!!!! AXLS GOD AND HE CAN FUCK MY MOM AND I'M HAPPY ABOUT IT YAY!!!!!!!111!

Do you understand that albums aren't mixed up until the release date?

Judging by your sarcastic post, I'm not sure you understood that.

/jarmo

Jarmo, can you provide any additional information on this rumor?? Are we to assume that since it hasn't been deleted from the board that there might be some truth to it?

And by rumor I mean the one reported on bravewords.com about the album being 'turned in' to Universal.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:11:25 PM by p-man » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2007, 03:26:21 PM »

Jarmo, can you provide any additional information on this rumor?  Are we to assume that since it hasn't been deleted from the board that there might be some truth to it?

And by rumor I mean the one reported on bravewords.com about the album being 'turned in' to Universal.

Your assumption is wrong. We delete posts that are nothing but pure bullshit and lies.

If we don't know, we leave it until we know better.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2007, 03:29:45 PM »

I thought it takes 8 weeks to put out the album once its handed into the record company ? ?if its true shouldn't we see a late may early June release.

Just because it's handed in doesn't mean they automatically release it 8 weeks later.
It's all about the the record label as to how they choose to promote it and where it fits on their schedule.

The thing that floors me is I can't believe will continue to tour without supporting a new CD.
The difference in ticket sales in many markets would be greatly enhanced if they had new music available and promoted through radio, internet, etc...

Agreed.  No album, then please don't tour.  I love them but no more til the album. 
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2007, 03:34:25 PM »

Agreed.? No album, then please don't tour.? I love them but no more til the album.?

100% correct!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2007, 03:35:25 PM »

WTF?! Some of us haven't seen them yet, like Houston for example. So don't speak for the rest of us saying "No more touring" please.

Some of you guys act like you have some sort of deeper understanding of the situation, but guess what... you don't. Bands tour because they sell tickets, get exposure and make money. They sell tickets because people who have and/or haven't seen them live either want to see them for the first time or continue to enjoy seeing them. It's that simple.

What kind of fan tells his favorite band to stop thier first successful touring stint in over a decade?

Also, bands tend to write a lot of new material while touring.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:37:38 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: