Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1566840 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7080 on: December 17, 2019, 03:03:50 PM »

Jarmo, speaking solely for yourself, are you expecting the album in March?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7081 on: December 17, 2019, 03:33:31 PM »

Am I expecting it in March? I'm assuming you're asking me in order for me to somehow validate a release date? Which I really have no clue about!  hihi

But I did see the "within six months" comment. And that seems feasible. So why not?!

I'm expecting 2020 to be an exciting year for GN'R fans.  Cheesy

I think the main focus was the NITL tour. And now that it ended....
So yeah, I think new music sounds like it could be the next chapter. New year, new music, new tour. Why not?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7082 on: December 17, 2019, 03:38:48 PM »

Am I expecting it in March? I'm assuming you're asking me in order for me to somehow validate a release date? Which I really have no clue about!  hihi

But I did see the "within six months" comment. And that seems feasible. So why not?!

So yeah, I think new music sounds like it could be the next chapter. New year, new music, new tour. Why not?

/jarmo

Awesome!! Thanks. I asked because you're obviously connected to the band and Fernando, so of course your opinion on the matter would be a good way to check our own expectations.
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #7083 on: December 17, 2019, 03:56:07 PM »

/jarmo

Oh...I´m so excitded. Looking forward to 2020  peace
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7084 on: December 17, 2019, 04:10:59 PM »

Honestly, Jarmo's continued optimism about an album in March is the only thing keeping me from disregarding it outright.  He tours with the band, probably checks in with Fernando from time to time, etc. If he think's plans haven't deviated from Fernando's "within the next six moths" comment from a couple months back, I'll bite.  For now at least.

For me, it's Fernando's quote. 

There has to be just about zero chance he would pop off like that on his own.  He'd be beaten with reeds.

I have been encouraged since I heard that, since it was so out of left field and said with such apparent sureness.

That Super Bowl gig also has me wondering.  Axl hasn't given a shit about gunning for high profile, promotional events, like this.  Lots of cameras and buzz around that. Certainly was the case when Metallica did it a couple years back. Would be a great time to bring the focus on "something" new.

They're not playing the halftime show, you know. It's a festival apparently.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7085 on: December 17, 2019, 04:12:16 PM »

Am I expecting it in March? I'm assuming you're asking me in order for me to somehow validate a release date? Which I really have no clue about!  hihi

I'm expecting 2020 to be an exciting year for GN'R fans.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Oh...I´m so excitded. Looking forward to 2020  peace

Hell yeah! Can't wait to see the tracklisting!!  Wondering how many titles will be ones we may recognize.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7086 on: December 17, 2019, 05:54:56 PM »

Yes. A Music festival taking place the same week as the Super Bowl, but at a different venue.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7087 on: December 17, 2019, 09:03:07 PM »

I hope they release an album by April, that way they will have new songs to pull for the tour.  I think most fans are excited to hear new music.

Rizzo160
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7088 on: December 18, 2019, 10:49:25 AM »

I don't see how "The General" doesn't end up on there. Wonder when they'll reveal the tracklist, or whether that will be part of the surprise.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7089 on: December 18, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »

Honestly, Jarmo's continued optimism about an album in March is the only thing keeping me from disregarding it outright.  He tours with the band, probably checks in with Fernando from time to time, etc. If he think's plans haven't deviated from Fernando's "within the next six moths" comment from a couple months back, I'll bite.  For now at least.

For me, it's Fernando's quote. 

There has to be just about zero chance he would pop off like that on his own.  He'd be beaten with reeds.

I have been encouraged since I heard that, since it was so out of left field and said with such apparent sureness.

That Super Bowl gig also has me wondering.  Axl hasn't given a shit about gunning for high profile, promotional events, like this.  Lots of cameras and buzz around that. Certainly was the case when Metallica did it a couple years back. Would be a great time to bring the focus on "something" new.

I think by 'festival' they also just mean 'a series of shows' rather than the more traditional notion of a 'festival'.

Essentially it appears to just be a show, in the same city as the super bowl. I really don't think it will be any great promo-launch or hype-maker.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7090 on: December 24, 2019, 08:37:01 PM »

When do you guys think the new album will come out in March/April, after July or late next year... November?

Rizzo160
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7091 on: December 25, 2019, 03:16:42 PM »

I'd bet on a 29 of March release

yeah I'm a player

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7092 on: December 25, 2019, 08:36:02 PM »

Any update about GNR in the studio working on a new album?

I'd bet on a 29 of March release

yeah I'm a player

Rizzo160
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7093 on: December 26, 2019, 07:37:02 AM »

When do you guys think the new album will come out in March/April, after July or late next year... November?

I dont think we have much to base our predictions on, but i do hope there will be some new songs by the time of the EU tour. Im not sure what to think about a new album, but im leaning more to fall 2020, if we are lucky.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7094 on: December 26, 2019, 08:33:35 PM »

I wonder what the lead single will be..one of the leaks or a brand new song?

Rizzo160
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #7095 on: December 27, 2019, 12:07:12 PM »

BRAND NEW SONG for sure

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7096 on: December 27, 2019, 03:03:57 PM »

I think March/April release, if it's going to happen at all.  If history is an indicator, Axl doesn't seem to be able to both tour and release music at the same time, as the "focus" seems to be on one or the other, never both.  If the album isn't out by the time the tour starts rolling, or at least have a release date set in stone, I would write 2020 off for new music.  

Color me cautiously optimistic.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #7097 on: December 27, 2019, 05:32:24 PM »

I think March/April release, if it's going to happen at all.  If history is an indicator, Axl doesn't seem to be able to both tour and release music at the same time, as the "focus" seems to be on one or the other, never both.  If the album isn't out by the time the tour starts rolling, or at least have a release date set in stone, I would write 2020 off for new music.  

1 album in 26 years is not history, is casuality
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7098 on: December 27, 2019, 06:05:47 PM »

I agree with you, if there is no album by April.. it probably won't be coming out.

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7099 on: December 29, 2019, 02:25:22 AM »

I wonder what the lead single will be..one of the leaks or a brand new song?

I'd say high probability it's a new one for two reasons; to kick off the new era of Guns with truly new music created by the big three, and simply because the existing tracks are pretty much all epics or just not great single material. The General is an epic and Hardschool just isn't catchy enough to be a single.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: