Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  The David Letterman Show 5/25/04
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The David Letterman Show 5/25/04  (Read 64185 times)
W.Bailey
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2004, 08:52:50 AM »

Wow

Let me say this first... I am always fascinated  by anything that any memeber of the original 5 take part in... well except for Popcorn cuz hes never done anythign since.
Just listening or seeing Dufff and Slash usually makes me go wow...but I really wasnt impressed with the Letterman performance... I know iot was Letterman but the energy wasnt really there...and I really didnt take to Weiland at all.
It didnt seem to fit with Slash at all. I want the redhead. I know I know its not happening.
I'm sure I will enjoy it alot more tonight at Roseland

Peace
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2004, 08:56:31 AM »

Well, I fell asleep, but I had a tape set so I'll watch it after work today. Smiley

Why don't you just....
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2004, 09:32:10 AM »

How can anyone say he didnt fuck up the solo.
Its amazing how slash didnt fuck up that solo yet robin fucks up every solo  rofl

He played it very sloppy but of coarse slash fans will just pretend he played it perfect.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2004, 09:39:08 AM »

I liked the performance but I think the song sounds better in the studio version. I think Weiland looks better in the video(his hair), and I sometimes feel bothered by his moves. Duff?s "vocals" were a bit weak.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2004, 09:40:38 AM »

Its amazing how slash didnt fuck up that solo yet robin fucks up every solo  rofl

He played it very sloppy but of coarse slash fans will just pretend he played it perfect.

Yeah, I think he made a mistake at one point. But it's made to compare Slash to Robin: a guitar god to Mr. Out-of-tone-i-don't-know-what-to play-scales-what's that? Finck.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2004, 09:41:42 AM »

made=mad

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2004, 09:42:39 AM »

DAVE - You obviously have an agenda to bad mouth Velvet Revolver.  I am assuming you are a blind Axl loyalist.  You already stated you don't like Velvet Revolver, which makes me wonder why you would even want to see them on Letterman?  I don't like InSYNC, so if they were on Letterman I wouldn't watch them.

I thought the performace was solid.  I like Set Me Free better than Slither, but it still was a solid rock performace.  As far as Weiland's clothes, as stated before, it is better than white biker shorts.  It was great seeing Slash and Duff on the same stage.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2004, 10:03:57 AM »

great performace!  ok anyone know where to get full song and on good quality?  Smiley
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2004, 10:15:08 AM »

There is already a thread for this topic.....and it is a lot more informative than this one.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2004, 10:18:17 AM »

does scott weiland really have to dance like that??  he made me sick..... I thought I was gonna puke

ding ding ding...we have a winner!!!  Scott baited you, and you took the bait.  
...He's a faggot boy, cause you say so. (<---quote from big machine by the way)
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2004, 10:46:05 AM »

Dude, give it a rest. You don't like VR, stay in the GnR forum. It is there for a reason, you know.

And why the fuck can't people like both VR and new GnR? I don't get it - I know there are probably plenty of people that do, but being loyal to one or the other is stupid. Slash and Axl are both jackasses - who cares? I like bands because they make good music. I don't give two shits otherwise.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2004, 10:49:06 AM »

Just go to Velvet-Revolver.com, the videos up there...

However when I downloaded it, I only got 2:50 (up to the solo) and it cut off... Sad

Same here. That sucks!!! I've liked what I've seen. It was cool seeing Slash again performing. Despite the 3 second solo ( it cuts off I don't know why) it gave me the chills. He still looks cool...however,

Is it just me or his face looks bloated?

One more thing, for those who have attended any VR shows, has Slash done any background vocals at all? just curious....
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 10:50:59 AM by Chinasky » Logged
Dizzy
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2004, 10:50:05 AM »

I thought the performance was really good, I was impressed.  The band was not as energetic as I would've liked, but hell, this is Letterman, and they don't have the time or the space to put on a proper show.  Slash was into it though, hopping up and down and banging his head.  I have it on tape also, so I watch it over and over.   Cool  Can't wait to see them live on Friday.

Here's all we need to know about Dave and how he looks at this situation.

When Finck/Bucket screwed up Slash's solos it was that they were just improvising a bit.....when Slash does the same to material he wrote....he butchers it.
Same thing as Scott....when he has a so-so night it is he being terrible.....When Axl tries to sing songs he can't sing like he used to 15 years ago....its that his voice is much better now and somehow that is how the song was originally meant to be sung. The excuses work just fine with Dave as long as they protect Axl and his employees.

Indeed.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 10:58:46 AM by Dizzy » Logged
WagMyDog
doesn't HATE big boobs
VIP

Tyr's hand...

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2004, 11:06:09 AM »

Ok.

You guys keep mentioning" go to the HUB" , " I'll be around the HUB" and making people like me look very igorant. For us, a little bit of guidance wouldn't hurt. What the hell is the HUB? and is there an address to that?  

Would somebody mind answering this guy's query?

No.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »

Slash looked cool, too bad they didn't get to talk at all.  

Is it just me or his face looks bloated?

A little bit, I don't know if that's from age or alcoholism.

Weiland didn't look into it and seemed to be dragging, but it was a soundstage performance so that's a bit understandable.  

I do find Matt Sorum endlessly annoying though.  

SLCPUNK
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2004, 11:39:27 AM »

My little cousin just sent it to me. It was pretty damn good and the solo didn't seem butchered to me. It actually was pretty slammin.

Yea, besides, it's Slash's solo, even if it was different...it's still his damn solo! He can kick it any old way he wants! It was awesome though. I've watched it half a dozen times.
ShannonLayne
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2004, 11:56:52 AM »

Dave you know nothing about the guitar so don't even bother making an arguement. Keep holding your breath for Axl while the rest of us enjoy the Velvet Revolver.
And if you wanna make comparisons, this performance was much better than the 2002 VMA performance.  
Let it go dude. Stop bashing a band that you claim to hate, but can't stop discusing.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2004, 12:05:24 PM »

Dave you know nothing about the guitar so don't even bother making an arguement. Keep holding your breath for Axl while the rest of us enjoy the Velvet Revolver.
And if you wanna make comparisons, this performance was much better than the 2002 VMA performance.  
Let it go dude. Stop bashing a band that you claim to hate, but can't stop discusing.
I think we just should ignore this Dave... don't answear to his comments and let him talk what he want...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2004, 12:44:34 PM »

What a fucking retarded loser. rant I don't even have the words to describe a little shit like you, so I may as well not even try. You only posted this to start shit because you're some low-life moron who has nothing better to do - so don't fucking talk about LAME! Angry Angry Angry And you're the one to talk about making people sick. You're the one who makes people sick and I see I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Next time you make a post like that, it'll be your last on this board.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2004, 12:50:08 PM »

Ok.

You guys keep mentioning" go to the HUB" , " I'll be around the HUB" and making people like me look very igorant. For us, a little bit of guidance wouldn't hurt. What the hell is the HUB? and is there an address to that?  

Would somebody mind answering this guy's query?

Sure. I assume they're talking about Sladdi's Hub. You can find more info here: http://newgnr.com/hub/
You need a software called DC++ to access the Hub. Download it here: http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/index.php?t=2&s=1, and check the site I mentioned above for the rest... Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: