Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure  (Read 63734 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #240 on: April 19, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »

Where's Izzy, great post about what should have been said.  Taking the high road is the right thing to do in this situation.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2008, 01:24:59 PM »

Taking the high road is the right thing to do in this situation.

Problem is nobody invlolved with any of these bands has ever taken the high road in regards to break ups/personel changes, former bandmates etc.

Everything from on stage rants/idiotic finger pointing press releases/face saving "firings"/lies on worldwide webcast radio shows.

None of the principal characters are remotely innocent, there's just no getting around it.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »

Taking the high road is the right thing to do in this situation.

Problem is nobody invlolved with any of these bands has ever taken the high road in regards to break ups/personel changes, former bandmates etc.

Everything from on stage rants/idiotic finger pointing press releases/face saving "firings"/lies on worldwide webcast radio shows.

None of the principal characters are remotely innocent, there's just no getting around it.

There's only so much shit you can take.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2008, 02:12:56 PM »

I would've liked if Slash would've took a little blame on himself and the rest of the band instead of putting it all on Scott.

No matter what kind of relationship u are talking about, when it goes bad, both parties always have the blame to share. Its rarely ever only one side or one person in the relationship.

Hell forget about even having to accept some of the blame how about just keeping quiet? I don't think theres any reason to air absolutely everything out in public. I would have liked it if all parties, and obviously everyone is somewhat responsible, just kept quiet. A simple press release along the lines of "Scott has decided to persure other interests, his now former bandmates wish him luck on all future endeavors, and wish to make it known they plan to continue on with another singer." Then follow that up by being mature enough to say "no comment" when asked about it instead of everyone slinging shit at each other in the press.

Very true, but both Slash and Weiland have big mouths, so you know that was never going to happen. 

Like this?  I see Scott taking the high road here... Still a douche, but did what was right to do.  Leaving the band and not belittling anyone in the way. 

Sandy Cohen of The Associated Press conducted a brand new interview yesterday (Monday, April 7) with the reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Q: What happened with VELVET REVOLVER?

Weiland: This happened very organically. It wasn't people trying to angle and beg. It just happened the way it sort of happened. I got a call from Dean. I was on tour. He said, "Man, are you sitting down?" I said "Yeah." He said, "I was talking with our agent, and some offers came through." We'd all been starting to talk more often. I had talked to Slash, mentioned it to him, and things were cool for a while. And this last tour, things just disintegrated really badly. I just came to the point where I decided that ... if I'm going to commit the next 10 years of my life to touring ... then I want to do it with people I want to make music with. People who I get inspired by making music with. ...I have to start weeding out stuff. It's kind of like going through your closet going, "Eh, I don't need this anymore. It takes up too much space." Certain things don't feel good, although it may put money in your bank account, but it doesn't feel good at the end of the day. It became one of those situations. This feels good, it feels right. It's always inspiring. It's always that high.

Read the entire interview from The Associated Press
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 02:16:09 PM by Fernando » Logged

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2008, 02:49:54 PM »

Scott is going back to a band that used to put him down in the press worse than VR ever did

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #245 on: April 20, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »

Yeah but Slash does have a pattern though

Remember when he totally trashed the producer of "Contraband" sayin how the guy didnt know how to record guitars and shit..........

well Slash, why didnt u say something to him during the recording process? why wait to years later and do it behind his back?

Funniest thing is, the guitars on Contraband are better than the ones on Libertad

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #246 on: April 20, 2008, 10:52:58 PM »

Remember when he totally trashed the producer of "Contraband" sayin how the guy didnt know how to record guitars and shit..........

well Slash, why didnt u say something to him during the recording process? why wait to years later and do it behind his back?

Funniest thing is, the guitars on Contraband are better than the ones on Libertad

I agree 100% about Slash waiting to say something, however I do think the guitars sound better on libertad.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2008, 12:15:06 AM »

I agree too. The guitars on Contraband are better than Libertad.

Fuck 'Em All.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #248 on: April 21, 2008, 02:03:45 AM »

I agree too. The guitars on Contraband are better than Libertad.

Maybe, Maybe.... Someday....

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #249 on: April 21, 2008, 03:29:01 PM »

Credit to Pencil Queen von Lux at the VR forum....

Apr 18, 2008
Slash Exclusive! The Truth About Weiland

Guitar World spoke exclusively with Slash in New York on April 17, while he was in town to perform a benefit show with Tom Morello, Jerry Cantrell and Perry Farrell.

The guitarist discussed Velvet Revolver?s split with singer Scott Weiland:
?We had gotten to that point where we were resigned to the fact that we weren?t going to be working with Scott anymore, even before we left for the last leg of the tour,? says Slash. ?So when he said all that stuff onstage [at a gig in Scotland Weiland announced to fans that they were witnessing the group?s last tour] we were sort of surprised. Because we had no intention of breaking the band up. It might have been the last show for him, but it wasn?t the last show for Velvet Revolver.

On the fact that Weiland released a statement alleging ?certain individuals? were singing along with him onstage:

?Scott was under the impression that our drum tech was singing during the set, which was why he walked offstage at that show. We convinced him that wasn?t happening, but then the next night he said that Matt [Sorum] was doing it. He was firmly convinced that was happening, which it wasn?t.?

On the future:
?We?ve been writing, and there will be a new album. I?ve been recording some stuff at home, and I know that Duff has gone over to Matt?s to work on things. We also have a bunch of stuff we?ve jammed on at soundchecks. We?ll get together sometime soon and begin laying stuff down.?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2008, 05:48:33 PM »

Thats no reason to delete your account

shit, If I deleted my account everytime I said or did something stupid, Id be on Username 25 or so.

I would've liked if Slash would've took a little blame on himself and the rest of the band instead of putting it all on Scott.

No matter what kind of relationship u are talking about, when it goes bad, both parties always have the blame to share. Its rarely ever only one side or one person in the relationship.

Hell forget about even having to accept some of the blame how about just keeping quiet? I don't think theres any reason to air absolutely everything out in public. I would have liked it if all parties, and obviously everyone is somewhat responsible, just kept quiet. A simple press release along the lines of "Scott has decided to persure other interests, his now former bandmates wish him luck on all future endeavors, and wish to make it known they plan to continue on with another singer." Then follow that up by being mature enough to say "no comment" when asked about it instead of everyone slinging shit at each other in the press.

Very true, but both Slash and Weiland have big mouths, so you know that was never going to happen.  When things go bad, Slash always goes out of his way to air it out to the press so he can save face and maintain his image.  This is why he is claiming that Weiland was fired or kicked out of the band AFTER Weiland had already announced in public that he was quitting.  This is why he continually went out of his way to criticize Axl every time someone put a mic in his face, and why he wrote a self-serving biography that again painted Axl in an unfavorable light and was filled with factual errors. 

And we all know that Weiland loves to launch into rants on his website and has no reservations about airing out dirty laundry in public.  So keeping it behind closed doors was never a realistic possibility given the parties involved

did you read the same book as me? from reading Slash's book you get the feeling that even to this day slash doesn't understand what makes Axl tick, he never mentioned all the personal stuff that axl told him about his childhood, he just told his story which is intert-wined with Axl's story, and even slash says axl probably has different views of certain events that slash wrote about.

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2008, 07:33:03 PM »

even slash says axl probably has different views of certain events that slash wrote about.

I think a lot of people had different views about pretty much everything he wrote about.
GeraldFord
« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »

On the fact that Weiland released a statement alleging ?certain individuals? were singing along with him onstage:

?Scott was under the impression that our drum tech was singing during the set, which was why he walked offstage at that show. We convinced him that wasn?t happening, but then the next night he said that Matt [Sorum] was doing it. He was firmly convinced that was happening, which it wasn?t.?

And so what if someone was singing?  Huh
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2008, 08:14:23 PM »

shit, If I deleted my account everytime I said or did something stupid, Id be on Username 25 or so.

Very true, but both Slash and Weiland have big mouths, so you know that was never going to happen.  When things go bad, Slash always goes out of his way to air it out to the press so he can save face and maintain his image.  This is why he is claiming that Weiland was fired or kicked out of the band AFTER Weiland had already announced in public that he was quitting.  This is why he continually went out of his way to criticize Axl every time someone put a mic in his face, and why he wrote a self-serving biography that again painted Axl in an unfavorable light and was filled with factual errors. 

And we all know that Weiland loves to launch into rants on his website and has no reservations about airing out dirty laundry in public.  So keeping it behind closed doors was never a realistic possibility given the parties involved

did you read the same book as me? from reading Slash's book you get the feeling that even to this day slash doesn't understand what makes Axl tick, he never mentioned all the personal stuff that axl told him about his childhood, he just told his story which is intert-wined with Axl's story, and even slash says axl probably has different views of certain events that slash wrote about.

Yeah, Slash stated there are two times to each story.  He also went out of his way to blame Axl almost exclusively for the demise of the AFD and UYI lineups, well Axl and Doug Goldstein

But for example, he stated that he knew Izzy was trying to get clean and had stopped using, but never seemed to make the connection that him and Duff being shitfaced drunk and/or high as a kite and using booze and drugs freely around Izzy may have had an impact on him deciding to leave the band

He says he doesn't understand Axl, and that Axl has his own side of the story, but throughout the book, with just about every issue and conflict that arises, Slash goes out of his way to place all the blame at somebody else's feet
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2008, 12:14:14 AM »

And so what if someone was singing?  Huh

Slash makes Scott sound a bit paranoid.  Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2008, 03:38:49 PM »

Yeah, Slash stated there are two times to each story.  He also went out of his way to blame Axl almost exclusively for the demise of the AFD and UYI lineups, well Axl and Doug Goldstein

But for example, he stated that he knew Izzy was trying to get clean and had stopped using, but never seemed to make the connection that him and Duff being shitfaced drunk and/or high as a kite and using booze and drugs freely around Izzy may have had an impact on him deciding to leave the band

He says he doesn't understand Axl, and that Axl has his own side of the story, but throughout the book, with just about every issue and conflict that arises, Slash goes out of his way to place all the blame at somebody else's feet

he does take some blame, but he does feel axl was unresonable in some cases. i'm sure people will say the same about slash, just don't like this constant hatred towards slash by people on this board, he's done nothing wrong!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2008, 03:54:26 PM »

Apr 18, 2008
Slash Exclusive! The Truth About Weiland

Guitar World spoke exclusively with Slash in New York on April 17, while he was in town to perform a benefit show with Tom Morello, Jerry Cantrell and Perry Farrell.

The guitarist discussed Velvet Revolver?s split with singer Scott Weiland:

?We had gotten to that point where we were resigned to the fact that we weren?t going to be working with Scott anymore, even before we left for the last leg of the tour,? says Slash. ?So when he said all that stuff onstage [at a gig in Scotland Weiland announced to fans that they were witnessing the group?s last tour] we were sort of surprised. Because we had no intention of breaking the band up. It might have been the last show for him, but it wasn?t the last show for Velvet Revolver.

On the future:
?We?ve been writing, and there will be a new album. I?ve been recording some stuff at home, and I know that Duff has gone over to Matt?s to work on things. We also have a bunch of stuff we?ve jammed on at soundchecks. We?ll get together sometime soon and begin laying stuff down.?

Pictured above, Slash performing with Jerry Cantrell at the Road Recovery Benefit in New York City on April 17, 2008.

from: http://www.guitarworld.com/article/slash_exclusive_the_truth_about_weiland

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: