Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:54:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Beyond Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beyond Chinese Democracy  (Read 1053 times)
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« on: May 09, 2005, 05:06:25 PM »

This is aimed to be a positive topic. What do you guys think? we all know for so many reasons - most unknown That it has taken along amount of time.? Axl has been away from doing what he does best.? Missing a huge chunk of what most artists would feel was their prime.? Which i think is one thing we all agree on? - is a waste of a unique - magnetic talent.? But hey he's a grown man he can decide when he needs time off and it may hopefully cause a positive reaction from him to keep working regardless of sales, critics or however CD is perceived.?

But beyond this Chinese Democracy, do you think he will just continue to work when he feels he wants too or do you think we'll see him go for it and work faster, using his talents?? Will he only want to work under the GNR name or will he go off and do some duets or will he go off and do obscure stuff ala Mike Patton?? It will be interesting anyway.?

I know it's all speculation but so is everything else here at the moment!lol? But as i said above it's meant to be a positive idea of where Axl may go.?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 05:09:12 PM by St.heathen » Logged

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 05:33:14 PM »

If all that Axl has said in the past relating to the CD sessions, leading to him getting two or three albums out of this material, we could see him pick up the pace. If the album is successful  Axl will feel vindicated, I think, and more confident in what he's doing which could lead to much quicker production in the future. Of course, if there is two or three album's worth of quality material waiting to be released, spending all this time on it may have been worthwhile.

I think that Axl knows that he has a limited amount of time left to enjoy showcasing his talents live, and so if everything goes well I think he'll tour for a long, long time on the back of CD. As for recording more albums, I think that guys like Tom Waits and Nick Cave have proven that there's no age-limit on talent, Axl could continue to pump out albums for as long as he feels inclined to do so.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: