Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:27:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  hammerstein review on german website
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hammerstein review on german website  (Read 1054 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« on: May 26, 2006, 03:48:19 PM »

this is the first review of the hammerstein shows i found in germany. i`m no benchmark in regards of news and media, but since it`s quite positive i thought i`d mention.

Guns N' Roses: Umjubelte R?ckkehr auf die B?hne

Beim ersten Auftritt der Guns N' Roses nach fast vier Jahren ?berraschte Axl Rose mit Freundlichkeit und einem energiegeladenen Set.

New York (joga) - Deutsche Guns N' Roses-Fans atmen auf: Nach einem ersten Konzert am Freitag Abend im New Yorker Hammersmith Ballroom hatte Axl Rose zwar mit Stimmbandproblemen zu k?mpfen. Am darauf folgenden Samstag stand er aber trotzdem wieder auf der B?hne, um einen zweiten gelungenen Auftritt abzuliefern. Bis auf den laut Reuters "obskuren" Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, der an der Gitarre Buckethead ersetzen soll, trat Axl dabei mit der selben Besetzung an, die ihn schon 2002 auf der vorzeitig abgebrochenen US-Tour begleitet hatte.

Axl und Co. boten ein abwechslungsreiches Programm mit einigen St?cken von "Chinese Democracy" ("Madagaskar", "IRS"), aber auch vielen ?lteren St?cken, darunter allein neun vom Deb?t-Album "Appetite For Destruction". W?hrend der Show kam es zu einer ?ffentlichen Vers?hnung mit Sebastian Bach, mit dem Axl dreizehn Jahre lang nicht geredet hatte. Bevor er den fr?heren Skid Row-S?nger zur gemeinsamen Performance auf die B?hne bat, erkl?rte Rose die lange Funkstille mit den Worten: "Ich war damit besch?ftigt, mein Leben zu retten, er damit, seines zu zerst?ren".

Auf den dauertauchenden New Yorker Stuntman und das seit Jahren immer wieder verschobene "Chinese Democracy" anspielend, bedankte sich Rose bei den Fans f?r ihre Geduld: "Ihr k?nnt l?nger den Atem anhalten als David Blaine!" ?berhaupt zeigte Rose sich an beiden Abenden dem Publikum gegen?ber aufgeschlossener als fr?her, er sprach viel mit ihm und sch?ttelte sogar die H?nde einiger Fans. Au?erdem ?berraschte er viele Beobachter mit seiner ?bersch?umenden Energie - die Vorzeichen f?r Rock Am Ring und die beiden Auftritte im Vorprogramm der Rolling Stones stehen also insgesamt nicht schlecht.

gnr: praised return to the stage

at the first appearance of gnr in the last 4 years, axl rose surprised with kindness and an energetic set.

New York-  german guns n`roses fans breath again: after a first concert on friday evening at new york`s hammerstein ballroom axl rose had to fight throat problems. nevertheless, he took the stage again on the following saturday to deliver a second great performance. except for the obscur (according to reuters) ron "bumblefoot" thal, who replaces buckethead on guitar, axl performed with the same line-up, that accompanied him on the early cancelled us tour in 2002.

axl and co. offered a varied program with various songs from "chinese democracy" ("madagascar", "IRS"), but also many older songs, among them alone 9 from the debut-album "appetite for destruction". during the show a public reconciliation with sebastian bach, whom axl hadn`t talked to in 13 years, happened. before he asked the previous skid row singer to join him on stage for a shared performance, rose explained the long radio silence with the words: "i`ve been busy saving my life, he`s been busy destroying his".

hinting at the new yorker stuntman and the long delayed album "chinese democracy", rose thanked the fans for their patience: "you can hold your breath longer than david blaine!" in general rose appeared more open minded towards the crowd on the two evenings than in the past. he talked a lot and even shook hands with some fans. moreover he surprised many observers with his exuberant energy - so the odds for rock am ring and the two performances with the rolling stones aren`t bad at all.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: