Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:52:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA Singer: 'We're Going To Be Around A Long Time'
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA Singer: 'We're Going To Be Around A Long Time'  (Read 7641 times)
slashBOG
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 08:29:15 PM »

I went to their show in Florida, not bad at all.. Tommy rules  ok
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 01:23:51 PM »

I think their really great. Ahhh, what if Rossi could be singer for VR..
Then VR would suck hihi

They can't suck any worse then they do now.  ok
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 02:09:26 PM »

Then VR would suck hihi

VR already sucks  peace

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 09:33:26 PM »

Gig review: Rockstar Supernova

In something of a bogan explosion, Rockstar: Supernova shook the mostly full Christchurch Town Hall last night.

I only caught a few episodes of the top-rating TV show Rockstar: Supernova ? the reality show which found lead vocalist Lukas Rossi from 20,000 hopefuls ? because one reality (my own) is generally more than I can handle, but those around me were palpably hysterical with anticipation.

Featuring big names like legendary drummer Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), guitarist Gilby Clarke (Guns N' Roses) and bassist Johnny Colt (Black Crowes) it was worth attending this concert just to be able to say you'd been in the same room.

Opening act was the Australian who placed third on the TV show, Toby Rand and his band, Juke Kartel, who rocked. Their mostly original songs were delivered with passion and charisma.

The shining moment of their set was when Rand dragged a local teenage boy wearing an Iron Maiden T-shirt onto the stage to duet with him on a Bon Jovi-styled version of Billy Idol's Rebel Yell. The kid did good.

After a half-hour break it was time for the superstars to shine. Lee, Clarke and Colt are simply stunning musicians which makes it all the more puzzling that they have aligned themselves with Rossi ? who is almost a cardboard cutout of what he thinks a rockstar should be ? exaggerated on-stage posturing, artfully arranged ties, cliched mohawk and sunglasses (at night).

Before competing on the TV show Rossi was a cook at a Hooters restaurant and, while I hate to appear harsh, I'd hazard a guess that at this point he's a better cook than a frontman.

Their set started with their loud take on the Rolling Stones song, Let's Spend the Night Together, which signalled the unusual set list to follow. In fact I found the set list to be surreal to the point that I was pinching myself and constantly elbowing those beside me with queries such as: "This is a hair metal version of Don Henley's Boys of Summer, isn't it?" or "Am I hallucinating? Are they seriously performing a Guns N' Roses-inspired version of The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony with a four-piece string section?"

That said, their version of Bittersweet Symphony was so wrong it was blissfully right and infinitely memorable. They also performed songs off their own album, including, among others, Can't Bring Myself to Light This Fuse and Be Yourself (And 5 Other Cliches) ? ironically Rossi's best effort of the night.

Despite an arsenal of spotlights, strobes and large devices shooting confetti it seems that reality for this supernova is implosion for eventually a truly successful foray into reality requires something real that Rossi hasn't quite found yet.

The highlight of my night was getting hit in the head with Lee's drumstick when he tossed it into the audience. Congrats to the 182cm tall bogan who had the foresight to elbow me out of the way in my stunned state.

The night ended as bizarrely as it began with one encore, a cover of Prince's Purple Rain, before the house lights came on and reality was back.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4002980a1860.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 02:20:06 AM »

Sounds kinda lame.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 07:00:44 PM »

I just picked up the album today-Tommy wrote most of the songs, Gilby wrote some-along with Butch Walker-the album is ok, nothing special-a letdown, but if you pick up Tommy Lee's solo stuff and Gilby's solo stuff, it just sounds like Lucas singing those type of songs-I like Gilby, and liked a lot of his solo stuff, but it just dosen't work for me with this for some reason

libertad
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 08:52:17 PM »

Then VR would suck hihi

VR already sucks? peace

stop trying to make this into another VR vs GNR thread cuz im very tempted to insult you, which would lead to a ruined thread

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: