Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?  (Read 80762 times)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #380 on: September 02, 2008, 12:51:02 AM »

I agree, but like at Oh My God on End of Days.  Nothing happened out of that, even though I do think something IS going to come out of the Shackler's Revenge on Rock Band 2 I'm still skeptical.  If nothing is announced soon, then it WILL not be out this year.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #381 on: September 02, 2008, 01:01:03 AM »

I agree, but like at Oh My God on End of Days.  Nothing happened out of that, even though I do think something IS going to come out of the Shackler's Revenge on Rock Band 2 I'm still skeptical.  If nothing is announced soon, then it WILL not be out this year.

The Album wasn't finished back in 99, the album is done the band has management in place.  Why do you think they hired Azoff just as a publicity stunt !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #382 on: September 02, 2008, 01:09:26 AM »

I agree, but its always one thing after another.  I think the true hold up is the whole 3 to 4 album release strategy Axl keeps bringing up.....
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #383 on: September 02, 2008, 01:19:25 AM »

Today was a holiday that's why maybe the press didn't get hold of it also its unoffical to.  I sure hope that blogger is correct, I couldn't take another damn rumor.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ben9785
« Reply #384 on: September 02, 2008, 01:27:30 AM »

There's always news like this popping up all over the place, we won't really know until Best Buy or GNR release a statement about it.
"Rock Band 2" was just an ongoing rumor until Los Angeles Times (or some other major publication like that) 'confirmed' it, then MTV confirmed it, then GNR confirmed it.

"Shackler's Revenge" is the closest we have gotten to this point, especially considering that it was confirmed as being a track on the "Chinese Democracy" album. They've managed what we didn't expect a few months ago. There must be more to come.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:29:40 AM by ben857 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #385 on: September 02, 2008, 01:51:15 AM »

I don't know how legit the source is, but this was posted early this morning at, http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/.  This has been pretty much speculated every year the last 3 years, the release date being around T-giving that is.

I hear that the deal with Best Buy is 99% done.

The plan is for Best Buy to have an exclusive on Chinese Democracy, which will be released the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

As much as I would like this to be true...they have been wrong before. Undecided

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2008/08/lenny-kravitz-to-front-velvet-revolver.html

Sorry for this example.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #386 on: September 02, 2008, 05:23:43 AM »

They've managed what we didn't expect a few months ago. There must be more to come.

QFT! It will be coming ... don't be impatient

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #387 on: September 02, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »

I don't know how legit the source is, but this was posted early this morning at, http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/.  This has been pretty much speculated every year the last 3 years, the release date being around T-giving that is.

The plan is for Best Buy to have an exclusive on Chinese Democracy, which will be released the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

As much as I would like this to be true...they have been wrong before. Undecided

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2008/08/lenny-kravitz-to-front-velvet-revolver.html

Sorry for this example.
I said earlier, they have posted incorrect information before.  BUT, as far as I can tell they've taken those stories from other sources.  That Kravitz rumor was taken from Billboard.  They took it one step further and assumed Lenny would get the job, although said it wasn't official.  This latest story has no source, or at least one isn't given, so it's a little different.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #388 on: September 02, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »

Sorry for this example.
I said earlier, they have posted incorrect information before.  BUT, as far as I can tell they've taken those stories from other sources.  That Kravitz rumor was taken from Billboard.  They took it one step further and assumed Lenny would get the job, although said it wasn't official.  This latest story has no source, or at least one isn't given, so it's a little different.

Their source at the time appeared to be Metal Sludge, they just ran it with Billboard's copy from another story.

Regardless, like you said, they have posted incorrect information before.  But maybe this guy knows something...I hope so.  I guess time will tell.  ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #389 on: September 02, 2008, 10:52:26 AM »

Looks like it's somebody's blog where they copy and paste news.

As I've said in the past, as soon as there's a set release date, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #390 on: September 02, 2008, 10:50:03 PM »

So the Tuesday before Thanksgiving is November 25th......

Christmas comes a month early? drool drool drool

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #391 on: September 02, 2008, 11:27:44 PM »

Bob Lefsetz is about as credible a source as you can get. He's definitely in the know, he's not some JoBlow fan blog...
The guy sounds like an ass.  And not much info given there, even if he is credible.  Nice find by Ali though.  Well lots of people were pleading for Best Buy over Wal-Mart, so if it is true, they will be happy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #392 on: September 02, 2008, 11:32:10 PM »

Hot damn I've got a gift card to Best Buy!

Somebody keep that pen, it's a collectors item.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #393 on: September 02, 2008, 11:40:00 PM »

Jarmo any chance you can get your hands on the pen that signs the contract?  You could have another contest here.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #394 on: September 02, 2008, 11:42:31 PM »

Jarmo any chance you can get your hands on the pen that signs the contract?  You could have another contest here.

yeah jarmo we should have a contest with the board.  Whoever can guess the release date and the tracklisting should win a free copy and something else I don't know that's were u come in. ok

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #395 on: September 02, 2008, 11:44:08 PM »

yeah jarmo we should have a contest with the board.  Whoever can guess the release date and the tracklisting should win a free copy and something else I don't know that's were u come in. ok
I entered one of those contests 2 years ago, needless to say, nobody won.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #396 on: September 03, 2008, 12:32:27 PM »

Are you sure nobody said it would be out in 2008?

I'd rather fight for the pen than a free copy if it's not with the members handwritten words for 'ppbebe' drool
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #397 on: September 03, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »

Good point, I think most optimistically chose that year, but it's possible someone picked 2008.  Maybe they'll do like The Price Is Right and give it to the closest without going over.

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2008, 02:50:21 PM »

Rollingstone reports Axl hired a new "high power" management team and there is a possible Nov. release exclusive to Best Buy..
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2008, 02:58:30 PM »

old news.  The best buy thing has been talked about for weeks now?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: