Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:06:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1566005 times)
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5380 on: August 10, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »

Do you guys think there would be money to be made from a new live record?

Similarly,

I'd love it if Guns offered MP3's (insert your fave lossless format) of each show along the tour, and frankly I'm surprised they don't. They probably have a good reason for it, at least in their own minds, but I think it's a pretty significant revenue stream - or am I missing something? Yes, there's YouTube clips of every show, and damn near every song, but wouldn't you pay a pretty penny for an authorized high quality soundboard recording of THE show(s) you went to on this tour? 

Maybe only older, less tech savvy guys like me would buy, I dunno. I bought a cool custom memory stick thing from the last Mark Knopfler concert I went to, and the mem stick was shaped like a cool guitar. Anyway, I would think Guns could do something really cool like this. Thoughts?
I think the litho's are a in a similar vein, and you see how popular they are (and how dope they are, btw).

Anyways! Cheers fellas. My wife and I are going to the Seattle show on Friday, and couldn't be more excited. I took her to the last show here (2010, i think) and she said it was the best concert she'd ever been too - so I've got high hopes for this baby. OG(ish) lineup, better venue. Gonna be awesome!!!!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5381 on: August 10, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »

Always curious/hopeful about new GNR music, but they really seem to be focusing on bringing this monster show to the rest of the world now.  Not sure how much focus will be put on getting a record out.

I think it's clear that Slash HAS TO be on the next release, whatever form it may take.  Even if it's going to consist of mostly older Chi Dem era tracks, I imagine Slash is going to rework a good bit of it before it comes out.  Who knows when that'll happen?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5382 on: August 10, 2016, 04:19:31 PM »

Do you guys think there would be money to be made from a new live record?

Similarly,

I'd love it if Guns offered MP3's (insert your fave lossless format) of each show along the tour, and frankly I'm surprised they don't. They probably have a good reason for it, at least in their own minds, but I think it's a pretty significant revenue stream - or am I missing something? Yes, there's YouTube clips of every show, and damn near every song, but wouldn't you pay a pretty penny for an authorized high quality soundboard recording of THE show(s) you went to on this tour? 

Maybe only older, less tech savvy guys like me would buy, I dunno. I bought a cool custom memory stick thing from the last Mark Knopfler concert I went to, and the mem stick was shaped like a cool guitar. Anyway, I would think Guns could do something really cool like this. Thoughts?
I think the litho's are a in a similar vein, and you see how popular they are (and how dope they are, btw).

Anyways! Cheers fellas. My wife and I are going to the Seattle show on Friday, and couldn't be more excited. I took her to the last show here (2010, i think) and she said it was the best concert she'd ever been too - so I've got high hopes for this baby. OG(ish) lineup, better venue. Gonna be awesome!!!!

I think there would be zero profit in releasing a current live album of this tour.

I also don't think they would want to release any live mp3's or anything else album wise off of this tour.

One reason.....   Record company obligations...   Could they even do it, if they wanted.....

But

The biggest reason I do not think the band would want too.   

They are making a crap ton of money off of there Greatest Hits album.  Hell this tour has helped promote that record up to number 60 on the charts.  Its an album that doesn't need any promotion.  Is found almost any place  And has a decent track listing that the unwashed masses can dig

Any future release containing songs that are on this album, would only hurt the sales of the greatest hit.   Pretty much splitting up the market place.

Now.

I New greatest hits album, with perhaps a couple of new songs and new greatest hits song track, would sell great
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5383 on: August 19, 2016, 05:51:36 PM »

I can only imagine the riffs and ideas that Slash and Richard cooks up during rehearsal days. From the shows we've seen they feed great off each other, there's definitely a chemistry there.

I hope they approach new music with a loose attitude, and goes for feel as the main force to drive the songs, not worrying about making "the best song ever" or something.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5384 on: August 22, 2016, 09:00:51 AM »

I'm kind of surprised that I'm not seeing the annual VMA speculation thread.

I know Axl will be with AC/DC on the 27th but their next date is the 30th and the VMAs are the 28th. Would be a lot of Axl, especially cause I have no clue his recovery time after a show but it could be possible he could fly out to LA, do the show, then fly back out to the next AC/DC thing.

Yeah, it's asking a lot, and maybe that's why I'm not seeing the thread. And I wouldn't blame Axl at all if he didn't want to or physically couldn't. But I still think it would be a nice surprise!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5385 on: August 22, 2016, 02:40:56 PM »

Since the tour has gone so well, I'm wondering if Axl has some sort of timetable in mind for dropping the next album.  Label support has to be there now, although they may just want to get through the world tour before thinking about it, seriously anyway.  Hard to say what the plan may be or if there even is one presently. 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5386 on: August 22, 2016, 03:08:51 PM »

Since the tour has gone so well, I'm wondering if Axl has some sort of timetable in mind for dropping the next album.  Label support has to be there now, although they may just want to get through the world tour before thinking about it, seriously anyway.  Hard to say what the plan may be or if there even is one presently. 

Well the best way to support new music is with a world tour. 

Would this be the right time on the tour to drop new music?  I don't think so n the crowds that are showing up now are the crowds that want t hear all the classics for the first time in years with the old band. 

I say get all this huge touring out of the way.  Let all the nacho eating unwashed cell phone users to get there moment of hearing lald and kohd out of the way.    On the next leg of the tour drop a new album.   Prints it via the tour and play a couple of new songs from the album.   
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5387 on: August 22, 2016, 03:32:45 PM »

Well the best way to support new music is with a world tour. 

Would this be the right time on the tour to drop new music?  I don't think so n the crowds that are showing up now are the crowds that want t hear all the classics for the first time in years with the old band. 

I say get all this huge touring out of the way.  Let all the nacho eating unwashed cell phone users to get there moment of hearing lald and kohd out of the way.    On the next leg of the tour drop a new album.   Prints it via the tour and play a couple of new songs from the album.   

Totally agree. And honestly, after being apart for 20 years, more touring can only make them tighter and more hungry to put out another Guns record.  Slash has played pretty much half of Chinese Democracy on this tour, and I think that's helped in a huge way in regard to him meshing with whatever has already been recorded for the next album. 

They still have Europe to think about after touring Australia & Japan next year.  Hopefully they'll be ready for the studio in some capacity after that.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #5388 on: August 22, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »

I know Axl will be with AC/DC on the 27th but their next date is the 30th and the VMAs are the 28th. Would be a lot of Axl, especially cause I have no clue his recovery time after a show but it could be possible he could fly out to LA, do the show, then fly back out to the next AC/DC thing.

Yeah, it's asking a lot, and maybe that's why I'm not seeing the thread. And I wouldn't blame Axl at all if he didn't want to or physically couldn't. But I still think it would be a nice surprise!

There is no reason to speculate about the VMA's. It's all rappers and pop stars and GNR doesn't fit their demographic at this point anyway.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #5389 on: August 22, 2016, 04:18:55 PM »

There is no reason to speculate about the VMA's. It's all rappers and pop stars and GNR doesn't fit their demographic at this point anyway.

I'm not from the US, but I think nowadays nobody really cares about the VMA's, am I wrong?

I think the one thing they should consider is playing the Superbowl Halftime show, all the big acts have done it by now, and the exposure is huge.

But I think by the time the game happens, they'll be touring Asia and Oceania
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #5390 on: August 22, 2016, 04:48:44 PM »

Aside from the Super Bowl, there is nothing from this brainwashed country that GN'R could appear on to generate new business on a major level.

The VMA's are a fucking joke. They only want to promote Kanye vs. Taylor drama.

As far as GN'R entering the studio, I can wait. A couple years in fact. I'd like to see them come back around for another stadium tour here in the US before they venture back into the place where the wheels fell off last time.

At this point, Slash would have to be open to adding some guitar to songs Axl has already created. And Axl would need to be open to singing on some straight ahead Slash-style rockers.

Perhaps that space between them is being created. But I'm one who could wait. I waited 8 years after I first heard about the mythical 2000 Intentions record "coming soon" before Chinese Democracy became available.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #5391 on: August 22, 2016, 06:03:41 PM »

At this point, Slash would have to be open to adding some guitar to songs Axl has already created. And Axl would need to be open to singing on some straight ahead Slash-style rockers.

Totally agree. Axl is a master in putting together big epic songs, with great and profound lyrics, but IMO has failed big time on the rockers.

Aside from Chinese Democracy, which is a decent song, but far from a classic, all the other rockers on CD suck.

On the other hand, Slash has created great riffs and rock songs over the years, especially on his 3 more recent efforts. Axl could bring those ideas to another level.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5392 on: August 22, 2016, 07:02:58 PM »

I'm not from the US, but I think nowadays nobody really cares about the VMA's, am I wrong?

I think the one thing they should consider is playing the Superbowl Halftime show, all the big acts have done it by now, and the exposure is huge.

But I think by the time the game happens, they'll be touring Asia and Oceania

Why are you surprised? I'm not. The VMAs are not like how they used to be.  It was fun and kinda prestigious back in the 80s & 90s. Now not so much.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5393 on: August 22, 2016, 07:15:57 PM »

I don't think you can apply to play there or invite yourself.

You get an invitation to play a very big show if someone thinks you should be there.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #5394 on: August 22, 2016, 08:21:18 PM »

Totally agree. Axl is a master in putting together big epic songs, with great and profound lyrics, but IMO has failed big time on the rockers.

Aside from Chinese Democracy, which is a decent song, but far from a classic, all the other rockers on CD suck.

On the other hand, Slash has created great riffs and rock songs over the years, especially on his 3 more recent efforts. Axl could bring those ideas to another level.

That's not what I was saying, for the record. In my opinion, there are phenomenal rockers on Chinese Democracy, and mega epic songs.

I imagine, acknowledging that I'm not part of the process, that Axl & Slash would need to enter the studio with open minds and flexibility.

I wouldn't change a thing with Chinese Democracy. I fully appreciate the time and energy Axl spent on making that record. Second best record of all time in my world behind AFD.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #5395 on: August 23, 2016, 10:26:26 AM »

That's not what I was saying, for the record. In my opinion, there are phenomenal rockers on Chinese Democracy, and mega epic songs.

I imagine, acknowledging that I'm not part of the process, that Axl & Slash would need to enter the studio with open minds and flexibility.

I wouldn't change a thing with Chinese Democracy. I fully appreciate the time and energy Axl spent on making that record. Second best record of all time in my world behind AFD.

Yeah, I know that was not what you said. That was my opinion. I just think that Slash and Axl could complement each other better.

Now that I've listened to it several times, I just think songs like Rhiad, Shackler's, Scrapped and IRS are forgettable songs.

I must correct myself, however. Better is an awesome rocker, and a classic IMO. Don't like it live, though.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5396 on: August 23, 2016, 10:43:16 AM »

CD is the girlfriend you had during your trial separation from the wife.

It got you through and made sense at the time.  But you eventually wised up and now, everyone couldn't be happier.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5397 on: August 23, 2016, 01:52:13 PM »

It got you through and made sense at the time.  But you eventually wised up and now, everyone couldn't be happier.

WTF??  By that analogy, your wife is now raising your mistress's baby.  confused
She may be doing a very good job of it and really enjoy the baby but still a constant reminder for everyone that there was a time...

And you still have to deal with all the shit from ignorant relatives n' friends who don't want that bastard child around.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 01:59:39 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5398 on: August 23, 2016, 02:18:45 PM »

WTF??  By that analogy, your wife is now raising your mistress's baby.  confused
She may be doing a very good job of it and really enjoy the baby but still a constant reminder for everyone that there was a time...

And you still have to deal with all the shit from ignorant relatives n' friends who don't want that bastard child around.

My point is that it ultimately all worked out in the end, so no harm done.

You can't even call it a total misstep, because everyone seems to have a few songs they really like.  Even if everyone has different songs they like, everyone seemed to get something out of it.

But, since you opened the door with the analogy, I will say this.  That stepchild will always be something of an outsider.  Just how it is.  And no matter how much the jilted mistress that couldn't lock the man down (in this case, replacement players and uber-CD fans) want to insist that all the kids are equal.....they ain't.  Like it, don't like it : learn to love it.  Learn to live with it.

However, sticking with that analogy, the bastard kid is still welcome at family functions, by virtue of as many as 4 CD songs in a set with only 19 original GNR tunes.  If the worst thing anyone says about CD is my post you quoted, you've done pretty well.  Let's be real here.   

I think you really have to suspend some disbelief that the CD era is being disrespected in any real way.  You are just looking for a reason to getup on the soapbox, making a problem where there isn't one.

Just as an aside : "Emily" was totally MIA all summer.  Coincidentally, once there was nothing to fight about.  Just one of those things that make you go hmm......

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5399 on: August 23, 2016, 02:30:29 PM »

You are just looking for a reason to getup on the soapbox, making a problem where there isn't one.
No I am definitely not trying to make a problem where there is none.  I am questioning the sentiment behind your statement that everyone is wiser and happier now.

I pretty much agree with this second post of yours and I for one am extremely happy n' satisfied with the setlists.

The only remaining question I have is ... did someone deliberately not unlock the basement door to let Cousin Jeffrey out or did he barricade himself down there himself to avoid the vow renewals??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: