Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:49:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler's Appetite To Embark On First Full U.S. Tour
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler's Appetite To Embark On First Full U.S. Tour  (Read 78551 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 09, 2009, 09:53:38 PM »

ADLER'S APPETITE To Embark On First Full U.S. Tour - Jan. 9, 2009

ADLER'S APPETITE, the band led by Steven Adler, legendary drummer of GUNS N ROSES and star of the hit VH1 series "Celebrity Rehab", will embark on a full U.S. tour first time ever this spring. The group will perform the iconic GN'R album "Appetite For Destruction" in its entirety along with other classics and some surprises.

The trek is scheduled to kick off late February and run through early April.

ADLER'S APPETITE's current lineup is rounded out by singer Sheldon Tarsha, Alex Grossi (HOOKERS 'N' BLOW, ex-QUIET RIOT) on guitar, Michael Thomas (FASTER PUSSYCAT) on guitar, and Chip Z'nuff (ENUFF Z'NUFF) on bass.

ADLER'S APPETITE commemorated the 20th anniversary of GNR's classic debut "Appetite for Destruction" in 2007 by touring South America. However, Adler was forced to cancel a European tour with the band due to "personal issues."

A court commissioner in Los Angeles agreed last month to place Adler in a state-sanctioned drug rehabilitation program and keep the drummer out of prison.

Adler's court appearance came a day after TV audiences watched him graduate from a drug-treatment program that is the focus of VH1's show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew".

Adler was arrested in Los Angeles on July 18, 2008 after someone called police to report he was causing a disturbance.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112197

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 10:05:52 PM »

If they came to Chattanooga, I'd check it out. why not?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 03:16:27 AM »

is this an official logo?

if it is, thats really sad. 

wonder if slash and duff are going to sue him now.

D, Chattanooga sounds like a great place for the Steven Adler band.  Hope you get to see them.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 04:57:17 AM »

D, Chattanooga sounds like a great place for the Steven Adler band.  Hope you get to see them.

This has been the logo and name for the past 6/7 years... why are you complaining about it now?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 06:22:22 AM »

He's just bringing it up as an excuse to slag off ex-members again, seeing as he has so little to contribute in discussion about the current band. hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 07:35:24 AM »

He's just bringing it up as an excuse to slag off ex-members again, seeing as he has so little to contribute in discussion about the current band. hihi
I have plenty to say about GnR.. you must not be looking in the GnR section.

This has been the logo and name for the past 6/7 years... why are you complaining about it now?
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that the man's obsession with AFD has been his biggest downfall over the last 20 years.    Can't I have an opinion on Steven's official logo?  I don't recall seeing it before.
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 12:34:23 PM »

I have plenty to say about GnR.. you must not be looking in the GnR section.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that the man's obsession with AFD has been his biggest downfall over the last 20 years.    Can't I have an opinion on Steven's official logo?  I don't recall seeing it before.

I think he has a point. Steven seems to be hanging on every thread of AFD and his time in Guns. Not only does his logo bear a strong resemblance to Guns N' Roses but his band name does also. Steven was also trying to create a supergroup of sorts called Guns of Destruction. At first it didn't bother me, but now it seems Steven is trying to incorporate his past success with Guns in everything he does.
Koek
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 12:54:36 PM »

Adler's Appetite is a very cool name in mine opinion. Stop bullshitting around about nonsense items and love that the man is playing the album of the old school GN'R the way how it was played 20 years ago.
I'm very happy Steven will be touring again, I'll hope he will have good people around him who keep him from the drugs and that they will bring out a kick ass cd. Just as the New GN'R, and all the others.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 03:02:07 PM »

Didn't they do a decent EP or something a few years back or......................... I can't remember, i thought they did something.

Steven could've been doing a lot all these years. He could've joined a new band or did something.

I can't fault him for making a living off something he had a hand in creating. If parasitic tribute bands go around doing this shit, certainly Steven has a right to do so.

jeffaz02t
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 10:22:42 PM »

This is one time I have to agree with Jim Bob. That logo is pretty sad and a rip off... Poor guy, I wish him the best though... Hopefully he can get clean eventually...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 10:32:22 PM »

i think the tour is a bad idea.

back into his routine of tour drugs rehab tour.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »

"I you do this tour i'm fairly certain you will die"-Dr.Drew

i may be paraphrasing..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 03:17:59 PM »

hope he gets his shit together and stays clean Sad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 08:05:12 PM »

The thing with Steven is, if he hasn't died yet.......... u know, i dont think going on tour will kill him. sitting at the house with nothing to do will kill him faster.

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »

i think the tour is a bad idea.

back into his routine of tour drugs rehab tour.

I would agree with that. 

I think, given the trailer for Sober House, you Adler Lovers will see what he is really like - loaded - he's mean, hurtful and violent and will do whatever he wants and/or needs to do to get his drugs, barring nothing. 

I had hoped that somehow they would get through to him that he needs to stay off the road, his most dangerous place - his fans will slip him stuff ALL the time and he is unable to stop himself from using.  It sucks to be him and anyone that is close to or loves him. 
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »

Didn't they do a decent EP or something a few years back or......................... I can't remember, i thought they did something.

Steven could've been doing a lot all these years. He could've joined a new band or did something.

I can't fault him for making a living off something he had a hand in creating. If parasitic tribute bands go around doing this shit, certainly Steven has a right to do so.

Hookers N Blow tour playing 95% Appetite and they had no part in creating it, so there is no difference really unless you plan on criticizing Dizzy too. I have no problem with either.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 09:51:07 PM »

Hookers N Blow tour playing 95% Appetite and they had no part in creating it, so there is no difference really unless you plan on criticizing Dizzy too. I have no problem with either.
Yeah, who cares really...except that Steven has done so to try and stay ready for his comeback with GnR.  no

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »

A video blog from Steven Adler and his band rehearsing for their Saturday show at the Key Club has been posted online...

Check out Steven Adler and Adler's Appetite rehearsal for Jan, 17 show at the Key Club, on Sunset

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lazRU0fn8q8

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 12:17:17 PM »

A video blog from Steven Adler and his band rehearsing for their Saturday show at the Key Club has been posted online...

Check out Steven Adler and Adler's Appetite rehearsal for Jan, 17 show at the Key Club, on Sunset

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lazRU0fn8q8

I know a lot of people will not want to admit it, but that kicked fucking ass!

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »

hardly any playing on there to judge either way.

i maintain it's a bad idea for him to be on the road, everytime he goes out he ends up in a bad way. there are far to many enablers out there when he tours.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: