Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:01:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  GILBY CLARKE Injured In Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident - Jan. 11, 2010
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GILBY CLARKE Injured In Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident - Jan. 11, 2010  (Read 11132 times)
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« on: January 12, 2010, 01:51:37 AM »

According to former MTV "Headbangers Ball" host Riki Rachtman, ex-GUNS N' ROSES/ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA guitarist Gilby Clarke was hospitalized yesterday (Sunday, January 10) after he was the victim of a hit-and-run motorcycle accident. "Some asshole turned in front of [Gilby when] he was on a bike," Riki wrote on his Twitter page. "His leg's busted up pretty bad. It was a hit-and-run."

After visiting Gilby in the hospital eariler tonight, Rachtman wrote, "Gilby's got some good breakage in that leg. He is in good spirits considering."

Clarke, 47, is best known for a three-year tenure as the rhythm guitarist of GUNS N' ROSES. He joined the band in November 1991, replacing Izzy Stradlin, who quit the group in the middle of a 28-month world tour. Gilby has also played with ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA, HEART, NANCY SINATRA, Kathy Valentine (of THE GO-GO'S) and the reformed MC5 on their 2005 European tour.

Clarke has produced a number of artists, including L.A. GUNS, BULLETS AND OCTANE, THE BRONX, GIRLSPLAYBOYS, VAINS OF JENNA and LADYJACK.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133262

Lets Hope Gilby has a speedy recovery !!  I always seemed to like Gilby !  he is a down to earth dude ! yes

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 02:08:03 AM »

Sorry to hear this sad news, but am glad to hear you are alive for sure.  Wishing you a speedy recovery Gilby.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 02:33:16 PM »

Hope he has a speedy recovery.  I always thought it was awesome how he stepped in when Izzy  left the band hanging and learned 40 plus songs in like 2 weeks. Get well soon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 02:38:12 PM »

If he just busted his leg, he got off good. Motorcycles are so dangerous. hope he has a speedy recovery!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »

He was pretty lucky IMO, could have been far worse ...

Get well soon Gilby !

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 05:46:14 PM »

I'm very afraid, I've read what it happens right now.
Here there is his message through twitter:

"gilbyclarke

waiting to be transfered to another hospital for surgery. I still can't stand up, cuz both legs are injured."

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
axl_78
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 10:12:26 PM »

sad news Sad
Get well soon Gilby!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 03:00:07 PM »

Here is a hospital photo:

http://image.streetchopperweb.com/f/miscellaneous/get-well-gilby/27782968/gilby-in-hospital.jpg

A couple of his motorcycle:

http://image.streetchopperweb.com/f/miscellaneous/get-well-gilby/32003472/gilbys-bike-2.jpg

http://image.streetchopperweb.com/f/miscellaneous/get-well-gilby/32003298/gilbys-bike.jpg

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »

Some recent tweets from Gilby's wife Daniella Clarke:

My guy is out of surgery. One down one more to go. Thank you everyone For all the good wishes.

29 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Older:

Please send all your good vibes to my guy @gilbyclarke he's in surgery.

While Gilby can't walk since both legs r broken the idiot that hit him and left, is walking around somewhere with no guilt for what he did.

Another long day at the hospital with @gilbyclarke. Surgery tomorrow. My poor guy can't even use a crutch his other leg has a break too.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 06:00:41 PM »

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist GILBY CLARKE Undergoes Surgery After Hit-And-Run Accident - Jan. 13, 2010

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke underwent surgery earlier today to repair one of his legs after he was seriously injured in a hit-and-run motorcycle accident in Los Angeles on Sunday (January 10). Gilby's wife, Daniella Clarke, writes on her Twitter page, "My guy is out of surgery. One down one more to go."

"While Gilby can't walk, since both legs [are] broken, the idiot that hit him and left is walking around somewhere with no guilt for what he did."

Photos of Clarke in the hospital and of the damage to his motorcycle can be viewed below (courtesy of Street Chopper).

Former MTV "Headbangers Ball" host Riki Rachtman posted a message on Twitter yesterday asking people to contact him if they know anything about the accident.

According to Riki, the incident occurred at around 5 p.m. PT when Clarke was making his way through Sherman Oaks, California. "He was riding south on Woodman and at the intersection of Moorpark, some idiot turned left right in front of him," Rachtman explains. "Gilby hit the passenger side of the vehicle. The driver took off."

He adds, "Here is what we know so far. [The vehicle was a pickup] truck, light color tan perhaps silver. There was a male driver and possibly a female passenger [who] could be Hispanic, but not sure. The truck looked fairly new and has damage on the passenger side."

Photos below courtesy of Street Chopper.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133376

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »

Its not motorbikes that are dangerous its the idiots who dont pay enough attention to look out for them.

Hope Gilby recovers quickly, the guys killer
Drexler
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 02:17:09 PM »

Poor Gilby :\
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 02:21:28 PM »

GILBY CLARKE To Undergo 'At Least One More Surgery' After Hit-And-Run Accident - Jan. 15, 2010

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke's MySpace page has been updated with the following message:

"Gilby is recovering now at the hospital from injuries he sustained in a hit-and-run accident on his motorcycle Sunday, January 10. He suffered three broken bones in his left foot/ankle and a broken bone in his right foot. He had one successful surgery Tuesday, but he still has at least one more surgery next week. There is no further information on the pick-up truck that caused the accident, by making a left hand turn into oncoming traffic.

"Gilby would like to thank everybody that has expressed their concern and well wishes."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133485

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 02:08:40 AM »

Get well soon, Gilby!

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 11:21:04 AM »

From Gilby's wife Daniella Clarke:

Matt @mattsorum is here visiting Gilby. So nice to see him.

8:42 PM Jan 15th from web

From Matt:

Send my old band mate Gilby Clarke good vibes to get well soon, he had a bad motorcycle accident

12:15 AM Jan 17th from web

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »

GILBY CLARKE Recovering At Home - Jan. 21, 2010

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke is recovering at home from injuries he sustained in a hit-and-run accident on his motorcycle on Sunday, January 10. He suffered three broken bones in his left foot/ankle and a broken bone in his right foot. He had one successful surgery last week, which "went well," he writes on his blog. He adds, "If everything looks good Friday, I can have the second surgery next week."

Photo:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133877

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 03:19:33 PM »

An update from Gilby Clarke:

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2010

injury update #2

my 2nd surgery was last week
& i'm home from the hospital now.
they put in a rod, plate & lot's of screws.
everything is healing well,
it's a good thing i was healthy going in.
i had my check up today & they took off my cast
& removed the staples.
in a month i can start trying to walk.
once again, all the support from my friends
has made the bad days, good.

POSTED BY GILBYGTR AT 8:30 PM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: