Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:46:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler's Appetite To Embark On First Full U.S. Tour
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler's Appetite To Embark On First Full U.S. Tour  (Read 78446 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #220 on: July 13, 2009, 05:42:09 PM »

Come on now you cant say that Steven made Axls life a living hell for about 15 years he did sue the band but Steven did only get about 15 % of the money earned from AFD while Axl got 25%, Slash, Izzy, and Duff got 20% and Steven took it to heart when they were decideing the cuts when Axl basicly said that Steven dosent deserve the amount he gets so think about that!!!

Steven is a drummer...I think 15% is way more than generous.  In fact it's absurd. 
Plus as far as I've ever read/heard Steven was far less instrumental in writing or coming up with material than the others.  I'm sure he came up with his drum parts and he was an equal "performer".  If they wanted to go in all even, all for one, one for all, I guess they could have.  And I'm sure that's what Steven wanted and hoped for.  But I think they had every right to allocate the funds the way they did.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #221 on: July 13, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »

Come on now you cant say that Steven made Axls life a living hell for about 15 years he did sue the band but Steven did only get about 15 % of the money earned from AFD while Axl got 25%, Slash, Izzy, and Duff got 20% and Steven took it to heart when they were decideing the cuts when Axl basicly said that Steven dosent deserve the amount he gets so think about that!!!

Steven is a drummer...I think 15% is way more than generous.  In fact it's absurd. 
Plus as far as I've ever read/heard Steven was far less instrumental in writing or coming up with material than the others.  I'm sure he came up with his drum parts and he was an equal "performer".  If they wanted to go in all even, all for one, one for all, I guess they could have.  And I'm sure that's what Steven wanted and hoped for.  But I think they had every right to allocate the funds the way they did.
I think they should have made it even but from what I read the way Axl said it to the guys made it sound like "he fucking shouldnt even be here" kind of thing and thats not cool Sad

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #222 on: July 13, 2009, 09:21:37 PM »

Just to hit this from a different angle:

Going by Steven, I guess he can't figure out why someone wouldn't want to get back together with the band and make millions and millions of dollars.

I guess in his mind, he doesn't understand where Axl is coming from etc.

Steven sees all these other bands reuniting and making a fortune and he can't figure out what is stopping them.

Because Axl values happiness and peace of mind over playing with people who have made his life a living hell for the last 15+ years?

of course we know that but Steven doesn't see it

Ive always thought most drummers are overrated anyway to be honest.

Steven may not have been as important as Axl,Slash or Izzy or Duff but he was still important.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #223 on: July 13, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »

Just to hit this from a different angle:

Going by Steven, I guess he can't figure out why someone wouldn't want to get back together with the band and make millions and millions of dollars.

I guess in his mind, he doesn't understand where Axl is coming from etc.

Steven sees all these other bands reuniting and making a fortune and he can't figure out what is stopping them.

Because Axl values happiness and peace of mind over playing with people who have made his life a living hell for the last 15+ years?

of course we know that but Steven doesn't see it

Ive always thought most drummers are overrated anyway to be honest.

Steven may not have been as important as Axl,Slash or Izzy or Duff but he was still important.

True Illusions albums would have sounded better with Steven if he was sober while playing.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #224 on: July 13, 2009, 11:19:07 PM »

I think they should have made it even but from what I read the way Axl said it to the guys made it sound like "he fucking shouldnt even be here" kind of thing and thats not cool Sad
That's a very noble thought, to share everything evenly.  But that's not how the world works or how MOST people think.  I'm sure if you research other bands, GNR isn't alone in how royalties and what not are not shared equally across the board.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2009, 12:12:04 AM »

That's a very noble thought, to share everything evenly.  But that's not how the world works or how MOST people think.  I'm sure if you research other bands, GNR isn't alone in how royalties and what not are not shared equally across the board.
Yeah I know that when I make my band I hope to try to make it that way then the only person we would have to keep our eye on from our money would be our manager the way every Rock N' Roll band should be!!!!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2009, 02:30:44 PM »

Some video from a recent show...

Adler's Appetite - Welcome To The Jungle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEFQyY4smh8

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2009, 10:53:03 PM »

I just listened to it the singer sucked he had no right to sing the song the way he did it was like he was trying to talk the lirics man I could do 10 times better than him I bet with most if not all the GN'R songs other than him everything was great Steven loves the camera as always!!!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2009, 09:59:09 AM »

I just listened to it the singer sucked he had no right to sing the song the way he did it was like he was trying to talk the lirics man I could do 10 times better than him I bet with most if not all the GN'R songs other than him everything was great Steven loves the camera as always!!!

The singer (Rick Stitch) has posted...

Today is the last day of the Adler's Appetite tour, which has been a real f'n blast. Looking forward to taking the stage once again with my boys in Ladyjack.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:23:23 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2009, 03:38:50 PM »

To put things in perspective:

At one point, in order to keep this band together, it was necessary for me to give him a portion of my publishing rights. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, but he threw such a fit, saying he wasn't going to stay in the band. We were worried about not being able to record our first album, so I did what I felt I had to do. In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction. He didn't write one goddamn note, but he calls me a selfish dick!

Axl, in 1992.

I highlighted the important part.

Axl gave part of HIS money to Steven.

Steven plays drums, he didn't write the songs. He plays drums on the songs. There's a difference.

How often do you see drummers being credited as the songwriter just because he drums on a song?

Not very often. Just like you don't credit a bass player for the song just because he put down a bass track on it.

Matt Sorum didn't get one single songwriting credit on the songs he played on the Use Your Illusion albums. See a pattern here?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2009, 07:32:35 PM »

^^^^^Adler deserves every penny.   He should have got 20 percent, but Axl screwed him out of 5 percent, and probably would have taken more.  Steven would have been thrown out in the cold and left with nothing.  Getting that money was the smartest thing he could have done.  He still contributed to that album, songwriting or not.  As far as I'm concerned, everybody on that album is equal as having an impact. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:34:42 PM by Trist805 » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2009, 07:56:17 PM »

^^^^^Adler deserves every penny.   He should have got 20 percent, but Axl screwed him out of 5 percent, and probably would have taken more.  Steven would have been thrown out in the cold and left with nothing.  Getting that money was the smartest thing he could have done.  He still contributed to that album, songwriting or not.  As far as I'm concerned, everybody on that album is equal as having an impact. 
Again, that's a noble way to look at things but that's just not how things work.  Rock and roll is a business, no matter how much you want to try and deny that it's all for the love of the music.  If the drummer has a heckuva lot less to do with the construction of the songs, then why should he get an equal share?  Business wise it makes no sense at all.  In fantasyland where everyone is equal regardless of how hard they work or how much they work maybe that's the way things go, but we're talking about real life.  And don't try and pretend like Axl Rose originated this line of thinking, most, if not all bands are run this way.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2009, 08:02:22 PM »

Are you serious?

Axl paid him. Nobody else.

Basically he got paid for something he didn't do...... Write the songs!

Thanks to Axl.

Yet Axl is selfish?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2009, 08:11:08 PM »

Are you serious?

Axl paid him. Nobody else.

Basically he got paid for something he didn't do...... Write the songs!

Thanks to Axl.

Yet Axl is selfish?

/jarmo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Axl or Izzy sat there and wrote out the drum parts for these songs.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2009, 08:45:01 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Axl or Izzy sat there and wrote out the drum parts for these songs.

If you read my post before replying, you'd notice that I pointed out that playing drums on a song doesn't automatically make you a song writer.

Why do you think Duff wasn't credited as a song writer on all the other songs he plays bass on? Isn't bass important?

According to your logic, Ringo Starr should be credited for all those Beatles songs he plays on? Especially a song like Yellow Submarine because he sings on it too! Sings and plays drums, that's gotta be more important than what Lennon/McCartney did on it!   Roll Eyes

There would be no songs for Steven to play on unless somebody wrote the song first. That would be the song writer(s).

What came first? The songs or Steven's drum parts?

/jarmo

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2009, 09:50:23 PM »

If you read my post before replying, you'd notice that I pointed out that playing drums on a song doesn't automatically make you a song writer.

Why do you think Duff wasn't credited as a song writer on all the other songs he plays bass on? Isn't bass important?

According to your logic, Ringo Starr should be credited for all those Beatles songs he plays on? Especially a song like Yellow Submarine because he sings on it too! Sings and plays drums, that's gotta be more important than what Lennon/McCartney did on it!   Roll Eyes

There would be no songs for Steven to play on unless somebody wrote the song first. That would be the song writer(s).

What came first? The songs or Steven's drum parts?

/jarmo

I like Yellow Submarine Smiley

Duff contributed basically the same that Steven did.  For Steven to get any less than he already did would not have been fair since he helped create those songs.  It would not have been the same without him.   Even though Sorum didn't get writing credits on UYI, he was simply hired as a replacement.  I just think what Steven was awarded was fair, that is all.

I was just watching VH1 Classics and it said it was on this day, July 19, 1991, that Steven filed a lawsuit against his band mates.  He claimed that the band was responsible for his drug use. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 09:52:31 PM by Trist805 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2009, 08:29:25 AM »

Duff contributed basically the same that Steven did. 

No, Duff wrote or helped write some songs.

I was just watching VH1 Classics and it said it was on this day, July 19, 1991, that Steven filed a lawsuit against his band mates.  He claimed that the band was responsible for his drug use. 

Of course it was the band. It couldn't be him.

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2009, 10:59:25 AM »

Ringo did get some writing credits for other songs for his writing melodies/ lyrics for other songs.
Copy rights are for the originality. You can't copyright your drumming unless maybe you come up with totally original beats no one ever wrote but is that even possible?
Is One and two and three and four and one and two and three and four and One and Bo diddley beat copyrighted? 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:01:15 AM by ppbebe » Logged
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2009, 02:30:22 PM »

Steven has come a long way since demanding 15%.
He would probably sleep in the trunk and eat food scraps just to be in the company of the original gunners.

But seriously, he was 1/5 of what made AFD sound great and look better.
He may have also presented the hair metal image for GNR that helped them sell a few more records to the rock-buying public at that time.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2009, 11:38:35 AM »

To put things in perspective:

At one point, in order to keep this band together, it was necessary for me to give him a portion of my publishing rights. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, but he threw such a fit, saying he wasn't going to stay in the band. We were worried about not being able to record our first album, so I did what I felt I had to do. In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction. He didn't write one goddamn note, but he calls me a selfish dick!

Axl, in 1992.

I highlighted the important part.

Axl gave part of HIS money to Steven.

Steven plays drums, he didn't write the songs. He plays drums on the songs. There's a difference.

How often do you see drummers being credited as the songwriter just because he drums on a song?

Not very often. Just like you don't credit a bass player for the song just because he put down a bass track on it.

Matt Sorum didn't get one single songwriting credit on the songs he played on the Use Your Illusion albums. See a pattern here?

/jarmo

Vary true but Steven still put in the time on the album like everyone else did and what Steven contributed to the album was different than what Axl contributed to it Steven added an great element to AFD and should be praised  for it...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: