Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:29:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on kroq!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on kroq!  (Read 56777 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2006, 06:47:44 PM »

Its gonna be real lame if this album isnt out by the end of the yr and they continue to tour without one.

I just dont get what the fuck his problem is if that ends up to be the case. Go finish the dam album then tour. If you dont wanna finish the album, fine, but dont tour either. Its getting old now.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2006, 06:49:32 PM »

Its gonna be real lame if this album isnt out by the end of the yr and they continue to tour without one.

I just dont get what the fuck his problem is if that ends up to be the case. Go finish the dam album then tour. If you dont wanna finish the album, fine, but dont tour either. Its getting old now.

oh yeah it`s getting really old now...  but the year isn`t over yet though

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2006, 06:56:10 PM »

to me it makes perfect sense to debut the single at the vmas. Release it the next day. DO the warm ups and kick off the US Tour at that kroq show. And then release the album sometime in October. Why is that so hard?

and if vmas are too soon, fine...then debut the single at the kroq show and release the album in late oct/nov....

instead we are gonna get the same setlists. a descent sized us tour witht he same set! and no album...not good....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2006, 07:15:34 PM »

Is it just me, or did it seem like Axl was almost admitting that he can't top the old stuff, and that he's cool with playing the old stuff again, although it bugged him when he was recording the album? I just thought that was a little weird when he was talking about playing the old stuff.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2006, 08:35:18 PM »

not really.. but just that he realizes that people have Huge reactions to it and they pretty much have to do some of the old material in the shows even if he isn't in that same space these days..

Is it just me, or did it seem like Axl was almost admitting that he can't top the old stuff, and that he's cool with playing the old stuff again, although it bugged him when he was recording the album? I just thought that was a little weird when he was talking about playing the old stuff.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2006, 08:37:56 PM »

instead we are gonna get the same setlists. a descent sized us tour witht he same set! and no album...not good....

Sounds alot like the Monsters of Rock tour that came through town with Poison and Cinderella headlining. They drew real good sized crowds and played a nostalgic set list. People had a great time and all was well. Thing is, GNR wants to at some point become a non-nostalgic, relevant act again.

Yet another U.S. tour with no album release will put them dangerously close to being seen as a nostalgia act touring around on songs that were popular 15-20 years ago like Poison does.
Z
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2006, 08:39:08 PM »

Stop the madness and the negativety.

There is no need for Axl to talk about the release of the new cd prior to a concert that will happen prior to its release.

Just relax. ?The songs for the cd have been completed. ?What remained was the final selection of the tracks for the first cd. ?This is where Chinese Demopcracy stood while they were touring Europe. ?That task may have been accomplished. ?Final product may be in the works as we speak for Axl to review once he returns to the states............soon I'm sure. ?

There's no need to get all worked up. ?Stay positive. ?This ball is still rolling in the right direction.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2006, 09:00:16 PM »

The album will definitely come out at some point. If Axl wanted to be a nostalgia act he would just ring up Slash. Axl could make way more money and play to way more people if he reformed the old band. Bottom line is that Axl cares about the music more then anything else and he will do things in his own unique way. I'm just glad I didn't bet anybody that the album was coming out this year.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2006, 09:11:36 PM »

IMO, he hinted about cd being done or close when he said how he was searching for a direction in the recordings...

Also, if he said he'll add more new songs on the tour, I'm pretty sure he'll do it within the release of at least a single and/or b-sides.

agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2006, 09:53:24 PM »

I'd never ever bet money on when CD will be released. I was sure it would be out in 2001, then again in 2002, and again it looks like this might be the year, but we can never know for sure, I became really really skeptical over the years about the release of the album, so I just don't hold my breath anymore Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2006, 10:05:52 PM »

DJ: How did you go about putting the setlist together for this? Tell people what they're gonna see when they come out to the Guns N' Roses rock show on the 23rd of September. You're doing a lot of the old stuff. How much new stuff are you doing?

Axl: It varies, sometimes four to six new songs. Maybe seven. Umm, right now, and that'll grow as we beging touring. More songs, or new songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2006, 10:34:38 PM »

i refuse to give up hope that cd WILL come out this year!  ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
flickn
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2006, 10:48:15 PM »

from a business side of it , one not discussed yet , if any album is to be released , it has to have time to be packaged and mass mailed to massive retail outlets......the final product is upon us.Say if it is november , the mastering is done now , and massive production would reumne anytime now one would think , right in time a for a tour , or shortyl shortly there after.

think about it......
tristanj13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2006, 10:52:37 PM »

DJ: How did you go about putting the setlist together for this? Tell people what they're gonna see when they come out to the Guns N' Roses rock show on the 23rd of September. You're doing a lot of the old stuff. How much new stuff are you doing?

Axl: It varies, sometimes four to six new songs. Maybe seven. Umm, right now, and that'll grow as we beging touring. More songs, or new songs.

/jarmo

So the 4-6 are Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, TWAT, IRS, and Better. Whats the "maybe 7" part of it? The fact that they had Rhiad as a possibility on some setlists? The possibility that they might have planned playing Catcher in the Rye if Brian May had shown up on time? Or maybe he's counting one of the new covers like Sway or back in the Fuckin UK...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2006, 11:00:18 PM »

/jarmo

So the 4-6 are Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, TWAT, IRS, and Better. Whats the "maybe 7" part of it? The fact that they had Rhiad as a possibility on some setlists? The possibility that they might have planned playing Catcher in the Rye if Brian May had shown up on time? Or maybe he's counting one of the new covers like Sway or back in the Fuckin UK...

Probably Rhaid

gnrevolution.com
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2006, 11:01:09 PM »

That should excite people. I doubt Silk Worms or Oh My God are going to do a comeback, so aside CITR, there's a real good chance to hear new material very soon.

Probably Rhaid

Yeah, it's probably a placeholder like it was during the '02 tour. They only did it in Detroit, and were reportedly supposed to in Vancouver. Likely a B-side, that one, otherwise I think they'd keep playing it more often.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 11:03:22 PM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2006, 11:02:03 PM »

So the 4-6 are Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, TWAT, IRS, and Better. Whats the "maybe 7" part of it?

Riyadh and The Bedouins - it's already been confirmed that they've rehearsed it.
jthunders13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2006, 11:46:58 PM »

said they'd be adding more new songs as the us tour goes on...thats good news
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2006, 11:54:55 PM »

hes in a great mood in this!! he said "have a nice day!"  Cheesy

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2006, 11:57:21 PM »

I HATE when people start talking abot the old songs and say it is okay for this gnr to do it again. They say, Yea man, poison and cinderella do it ?and pull in big crowds, why cant gnr?" Very simple, This is a NEW BAND. If Axl wants to tour old songs, than he might as well let the guys who wrote the music play them, Why bring new guys to cover the old bands music? Any one can do that. We need the cd before the tour PERIOD! anything else, and it will fail.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: