Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:32:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on kroq!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on kroq!  (Read 56744 times)
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2006, 01:40:45 PM »

It could very well be they are idiots and did not ask about it.  There is also a possibility they were told not to ask about it and if that is the case well again I think things are bein poorly handled and managed in the gnr camp.  But I'm not the manager so....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2006, 07:21:04 PM »

Its gonna be real lame if this album isnt out by the end of the yr and they continue to tour without one.

I just dont get what the fuck his problem is if that ends up to be the case. Go finish the dam album then tour. If you dont wanna finish the album, fine, but dont tour either. Its getting old now.

I agree ten thousand percent.. Just fucking finish teh damn album, only taking forever.. Enough with these yesteryear cover tours.. Give the band an identity and release the debut already..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2006, 07:22:43 PM »

They just interviewed Axl on kroq! it just ended but heres some info on what was said.
-He talked about how he's had fun during the Euro tour and how people were great.
- He said the set list varies based on the vibe of the crowd and how they dont change it to mucch. but they have about 4 to7 songs to choose from.
-He wanted to add shows to this tour.
-He said he's not bored with the older songs eventhough he's no longer on the night train.
-He said he was injured with a mucle spasm in the hip for most of the tour but now he's got it all worked out.
-Hes very excited about the inland invasion and said the vegas and sf shows are warm ups.

NO cd info

never any cd info.. How can you interview axl rose who played a rehash tour times two and still not as k about singles, videos or the albums.. is everyone that fucking gay..
But axl could at least confirm the art work is done for cd. which he has never confirmed. he could show us the cover of the cd for a preview which he has yet to do. he could reveal the complete track listing of the cd which he has yet to do either. he could do alot of things including tell the official release date of cd and also what the first single is to hear on radio. but he hasnt done this either. so its not this rehash because the truth is axl has answered nothing to these questions keeping gnr fans in the dark.? no

he could have said this song is going to be our first single during this european leg, he could have said something wroth while for once.. he wants to be taken seriously yet he never talks about anything relevant..
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2006, 06:48:22 AM »

i guess the album is not ready yet thats why he didnt say anything about it. his previous interview whith the same radio station when asked about the fall release he said 'Absolutely', but then again he has lied before about the release so it wouldnt surprise me if its not out by fall ( not that im holding my breath). 
if he wants people to take him seriously then bring on the new guns and stop cashing off old guns.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2006, 08:44:41 AM »

i guess the album is not ready yet thats why he didnt say anything about it. his previous interview whith the same radio station when asked about the fall release he said 'Absolutely', but then again he has lied before about the release so it wouldnt surprise me if its not out by fall ( not that im holding my breath).?
if he wants people to take him seriously then bring on the new guns and stop cashing off old guns.
Exactly, Big Willie, exactly  rant
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2006, 08:46:08 AM »

Actually it wasnt the same radio station, he did the other interview with Eddie Trunk who is bases in NY. Though it has many affiliates that carry his show.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2006, 09:20:24 AM »

the albums never gonna be ready and is never gonna be released.

its all crap.

html sucks
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2006, 09:33:57 AM »

the fact that gnr is playing buttfuck/ca actually makes me hope for a big event in the next weeks....

i mean they just can`t be that dumb and repeat the 2002 desaster. of course a lot of things changed since then regarding the band and gnr`s popularity in general, but that`s not enough to sell out an arena tour....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2006, 10:08:39 AM »

its all crap.
Yeah, just because Axl didn't want to announce the release date in some random interview for a radio station. Roll Eyes

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2006, 10:47:35 AM »

its all crap.

Thanks for that insight. I can tell a lot of thought went into it.

My guess is that the album will not be ready until late fall at earliest. We will see plenty of promotion when this does happen. I would also guess that they will start playing bigger shows once the album/release date are ready to drop. It's all conjecture, of course.

I know that everyone here is impatient for them to change their setlist, but you have to keep in mind most people do not share your opinion. There are a lot of people out there who would rather go see them play the hits than hear a bunch of new stuff. It is highly unlikely that the new album will enjoy the same longevity that the GH cd has had, but the best chance for that to happen is to get non-fanboys interested in the band again.
T_Roxie
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2006, 11:02:01 AM »

So its like a publicity tour before the full CD tour?  I guess that makes some kind of sense.
madagas
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2006, 11:17:26 AM »

no, it makes absolutely no sense at all to tour the US without an album. ok
T_Roxie
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2006, 11:19:13 AM »

Well, i meant it doesnt make sense, but they (GnR)  think it does.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2006, 11:23:34 AM »

no, it makes absolutely no sense at all to tour the US without an album. ok

TRoxie and Madgas, you are both right.  Fans in the US are different and much more informed then our European friends...  US cities will ask, "what is different about this tour then 02 other then the fact there is a new guitar player."  Why are they wasting our time, again!  Will I go if they come to my town, probably, but its kind of lame.  Its like he is holding the CD over our heads so that we will go to the shows.  I wish they would be honest and say "CD isn't coming out, but we like to play live shows and hope you will come out and see me sing Guns N' Roses Greatest hits plus 4 or 5 new songs we wrote for an album that will never come out." 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2006, 11:41:18 AM »

I hear that it's the us audience who expect classic bands to play mostly the classics familiar to them because of the classic stations.  Huh
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2006, 11:55:54 AM »

I hear that it's the us audience who expect classic bands to play mostly the classics familiar to them because of the classic stations.? Huh

Well is it really what Axl wants?  To be seen as a classic band who plays classics and that's it?  Does he want to become Poison?  If so then I have to say this is disappointing.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2006, 12:28:23 PM »

GNFNRAXL, Nope, quite the opposite, I'd imagine.

As that's the dilemma any motivated classic band would face on touring the US to promote its new release.

I pointed it out because people here seem to see the general us audience differently than what I've heard.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2006, 12:28:54 PM »

TRoxie and Madgas, you are both right.? Fans in the US are different and much more informed then our European friends...? US cities will ask, "what is different about this tour then 02 other then the fact there is a new guitar player."? Why are they wasting our time, again!? Will I go if they come to my town, probably, but its kind of lame.? Its like he is holding the CD over our heads so that we will go to the shows.? I wish they would be honest and say "CD isn't coming out, but we like to play live shows and hope you will come out and see me sing Guns N' Roses Greatest hits plus 4 or 5 new songs we wrote for an album that will never come out."?

Fans in the US are much more informed in what way??!! ?Am intrigued...

its hardly a waste of time - you either go and see them or you dont. ?I would hazard a guess that anyone who saw them at Hammerstein and then throughout Uk and Europe would be "more informed" in terms of how the band are functioning and playing at the mo.

There are more than likely to be new songs performed at future GnR gigs and I think most people here in Europe would agree that the band are a lot tighter and have better overall stage presence and performance than 2002. ?I like this build up of gigs we've had over this year and just think back to the barren years of no leaked tracks, no interviews, no pictures, no gigs - nothing. ?We are in a far better position this year to hear more new songs - and yet you dont seem up for it - or did I get that wrong?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2006, 12:30:16 PM »

When we go and see Poison and Cinderella, we know that we are going to see nothing but hits from the 80's and early 90's. But they don't really advertise new albums much and they actually put new albums out and will play a song or two from their album. ?I just don't get it. ?Kiss can get away with it cause it is a nostalgia act. ?If it was original GNR, they could get away with it too. ?But when it is a whole new band, you will get results like you did in 2002. ?Period. Some awesome shows with a lot of okay shows in between.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2006, 12:33:56 PM »

Europe has a lot more people in more concentrated areas.  So getting a sell out is not hard.  They eat GNR up over there.  In the US, fans are fickle and it can be "what have you done for me lately."  Basically US fans are lazy, but will go see a good product if need be.  Selling out Madison Square Garden is not hard when 11 million people live in that city and you get 20,000.  What is hard is selling out the place in the middle of Idaho.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: