Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:11:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Let's face it Guns n' Roses isn't Guns n' Roses anymore
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's face it Guns n' Roses isn't Guns n' Roses anymore  (Read 3757 times)
jd#7w
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: September 04, 2004, 08:27:52 PM »

Do people not realise that Velvet Revolver is more Gn'r than the actual gnr.  Like u can say all that crap about how the other dudes didnt want to evolve or some stupid shit like that but bottom line is it really isn't guns n' roses, its the lead singer's new band.  Fuckin' Adler's Appetite has the same amount as original members.   If people wanna lie to themselves and think that Axl is right for keeping the name then I feel sorry cuz Axl is wrong.  I think if it wasnt Axl Rose doing this but some other singer people would think hes fucked up.  Axl without Slash and the rest is like Plant without Page or Jagger without keith or ac/dc without angus it just isnt right, the others have just as much of guns n' roses in them as axl and it just seems really wussy to use the law to use the name. Don't get me wrong i really like the new gnr songs and i really like axl but i just think its fucked up for him to keep using the name of a band that isn't together anymore.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 08:30:09 PM »

We've had this so many times Axl owns let him do what he wants the face Axl is GN'R and always was

EEEERRRR Little boy
jd#7w
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 08:43:32 PM »

i aint sayin that legally he cant do it im just sayin i dont think its right. im not complaining or anything i just disagree with Axl's decision and i think threatning to leave the band right before a show (which probably wouldve not gone over well with the crowd) in order to have the other members of the band sign a piece paper so that he could use the name after they left is just an fucked up thing to do.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 06:52:02 AM »

Face it, Axl thinks he is Guns N' Roses, maybe he even thinks he is God. I don't like that he calls his solo project Guns N' Roses, but that's it. We can't do anything against it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 09:51:13 AM »

Guns N Roses haven't been Guns N' Roses ever since they broke up... what, close to a decade ago?? Guns N Roses has just become a trademark / corporation and will only be considered a trademark / corporation to me until the new album is released.? I will then consider GnR once again a band.?

How ya like 'em apples?? Smiley
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 03:23:34 PM by Eeebs » Logged
Dizzy
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 11:44:23 AM »

Guns N Roses isn't Guns N Roses anymore?   Huh  You mean Axl is the only original left?  Why didn't somebody tell me this?  The UYI albums just came out, right?  What year is this?  Isn't it 1993?
JustUsOwls
Headliner

Since I Don't Have You

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 12:01:38 PM »

jd#7w

cry me a river.  crying
jd#7w
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 02:27:25 PM »

justusowls i said that i wasn't complaining. i really enjoy the new guns n' roses songs and i think they could be a good band i was just saying i disagree with axl. i no theres nothing i can do about it and i dont really care all that much i was just stating my opinion and seeing if people agreed or disagreed with me. so dont get the impression that im crying or pissed off cuz first of all it doesnt really matter that much too me what the name is as long as the music is good and second of all its not somethin worth getting all worked about. just thought it wouold be interesting to discuss so shut the fuck up owl.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 05:25:41 PM »

Brian Johnson is the singer for ACDC...you mentioned all the other singers by name I figured you didn't know his. Anywho, at this point I disagree with Axl but theres so much other crap going on I don't really care. I am more concerned about whether or not this album will ever see the lite of day. If he had to come up with a new name it would probably take another decade.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 05:49:33 PM »

If he had to come up with a new name it would probably take another decade.

hihi rofl

It's evolution, baby!
JustUsOwls
Headliner

Since I Don't Have You

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 07:03:11 PM »

justusowls i said that i wasn't complaining. i really enjoy the new guns n' roses songs and i think they could be a good band i was just saying i disagree with axl. i no theres nothing i can do about it and i dont really care all that much i was just stating my opinion and seeing if people agreed or disagreed with me. so dont get the impression that im crying or pissed off cuz first of all it doesnt really matter that much too me what the name is as long as the music is good and second of all its not somethin worth getting all worked about. just thought it wouold be interesting to discuss so shut the fuck up owl.

No, you're like trying to attack these people by saying things like "Velvet Revolver is more GNR than GNR!!" go S a D.
jd#7w
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004, 09:56:51 PM »

No, you're like trying to attack these people by saying things like "Velvet Revolver is more GNR than GNR!!" go S a D.

Ok i could understand how misunderstood me before and thought i was crying or complaining or somethin, but now i dont get it.  How is saying that i think velvet revolver is more gnr that gnr attacking any1.  They technically do have more original members and i think they sound like gnr more.  I stated clearly i dont have anyhting against new gnr except its name. If ur some axl worshipper that would fuckin seel his soul to meet him or somethin i can understand y ur so close-minded cuz u meet so many of them on this board.  So anyway i wasnt tryin to piss any1 off and i certainly didnt think saying vr is more gnr than gnr was attacking any1 but whatever.  Owls u need to grow up stop freakin out at people for their harmless opinions.  The fact that ur telling me to suck a dic over some as small as this is fucked up and immature, and if any1 besides this retard thought i was tryin to attack u or new gnr im sorry and maybe i phrased my post wrong or somethin cuz that certainly wasnt my intention.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: