Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:25:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Ex-members not agreeing with the new guys
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ex-members not agreeing with the new guys  (Read 25877 times)
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2004, 05:51:23 PM »

Why should the ex-Gunners worry about the new members' feelings? They aren't putting them down in any way. They are not insulting their musical skills or downplaying any possible contributions they made to Chinese Democracy.

When they say these new guys aren't Guns N Roses they are saying Guns N Roses was more than a name. It was the sum of it's parts. 4/5 of those parts are going so how can it be Guns N Roses?

When I think of Guns N Roses I think of the band that wrote and performed Appetite. I even think of the Illusion era band. I just do not think of a watered down version that hasn't accomplished a thing.

Guns N Roses is just a brand name now. If the music is different and the members are different why keep the name? To sell albums, of course.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2004, 05:53:48 PM »

" In November of 1987, Finck reportedly attended a concert with Motley Crue as the headlining group. The opening group just so happened to be, Guns N' Roses. Later in life, this moment would prove to be somewhat ironic."

http://robinfinck.net/bio.htm

I used to have a few other quotes but I can't find them, I apologise.
darkmonth
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2004, 06:00:33 PM »

Axl FORCED them to sign a contract. Cool! I wonder if he can force them to write me a check for a couple of mil. They could have said no. They would ultimately leave the band anyway. So he wouldn't have gone onstage that night. Big deal, in the context of GN'R. One more cancelled gig. Whoop-de-doo. From all the reports I've heard, Slash and Duff were too stoned and drunk to know what the fuck they were doing.

Even Axl's trademark hair is gone?! Trademark hair?! Are you kidding me? If the guy changes his hairstyle for the first time since 1987, it's somehow losing part of the GN'R legend?

The arguments and opinions you have are very simplistic and black and white..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2004, 06:11:35 PM »

Fortus did like some guns songs.....

Q: Were you a Guns N' Roses fan?

A: No, I didn't grow up a Guns N' Roses fan, really. I was sort of like a punk-rock kid, and they were one of those bands that was kind of marginal. You know: They had long hair. Certainly, "Welcome to the Jungle" is a pretty undeniable song, and I loved "It's So Easy," too, because that's right up my alley, fitting right in with bands like the New York Dolls, MC5 and the Stooges. But Guns N' Roses were so L.A., and I was a NYC kid. So it wasn't until much later that I really got into the band.

http://www.newgnr.com/articles/112102fortus.html
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2004, 06:38:40 PM »

" In November of 1987, Finck reportedly attended a concert with Motley Crue as the headlining group. The opening group just so happened to be, Guns N' Roses. Later in life, this moment would prove to be somewhat ironic."

http://robinfinck.net/bio.htm

Unfortunatley, robin reportedly attending a Motley show doesn't mean anything.He probably didn't go for GNR or even know who they were.

I used to have a few other quotes but I can't find them, I apologise.

You're forgiven Smiley
If you find anything more concrete, put it up

Fortus did like some guns songs.....

Q: Were you a Guns N' Roses fan?

A: No, I didn't grow up a Guns N' Roses fan, really. I was sort of like a punk-rock kid, and they were one of those bands that was kind of marginal. You know: They had long hair. Certainly, "Welcome to the Jungle" is a pretty undeniable song, and I loved "It's So Easy," too, because that's right up my alley, fitting right in with bands like the New York Dolls, MC5 and the Stooges. But Guns N' Roses were so L.A., and I was a NYC kid. So it wasn't until much later that I really got into the band.

http://www.newgnr.com/articles/112102fortus.html

Didn't grow up a fan.
He was into a different scene. They didn't look appealing to him.
"Loved" it's so easy, 'cause it was the closest thing to his "punk rock" shtick...

Just how much later did he get into them? When he joined the band?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2004, 06:57:06 PM »

These are all grown men that your talking about, why should they have to censor themselves or not give their opinion - or their side of the story when asked a question??

It doesn't effect me or my opinion either way, why should it? It's not like WWF or something where you take sides and route for your guy. This is music there are no "sides".  It must take alot of energy to feel like you have to take a side.  And feel annoyed by what is said by some. Fuck that. I'm not 14 anymore.   

Slash said this, Axl said that, Scott did this... I couldn't careless.  I just want to see them using their talents making records and performing Gigs. I mean to me the GN'R i got into was the one onstage in 1992 Paris and i suppose that sense of what GN'R is depends on when you got into them.  Someone swiped at Gilby but man to me he was cool, he seemed really into it and "Pawn shop guitars" shows what he could have added creatively - he was having a great time.

Someone mentioned Tracii Guns era - now i find it hard to imagine people were really that into the band that far back,fair enough though - if true. 

But the real true GN'R is that which made "Appetite.." NOONE can argue that fact. Because we wouldn't be here talking about them and they wouldn't have careers if it wasn't for that masterpiece of an album.

The new GN'R are and will be fantastic. But it's not their band. They at this moment in time and maybe for aslong as they do it, are filling other people's shoes.  Music is a passion man you can't replace Brian May and call it Queen and you can't get rid of Page and call it Led Zepplin and just expect people to accept it. You then have to deliver something which is up there or even better than what was before.   And i do believe Axl can do it but he needs to do it soon.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2004, 07:18:44 PM »

The old guys are probably still a little bitter and maybe even pissed even after all this time of the way things deteriorated with Axl and their once great band. Personally I think they just need to get the fuck over the past but it probably is hard because GnR was once there baby for lack of better words and believe that Axl is burning a once glorious past into the ground. I think its Guns N' Roses and i dont have any probably accepeting it. This is a band, not just Axl.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2004, 08:27:27 PM »

Well, actually Robin used to be a GN'R fan, I think he even went to a few GN'R shows back in the day.

Shows how much you know,

Ok, so prove he was a GNR fan or liked some songs at one point.

Show what you know...

If i'm not mistaken.. Didnt Axl and Robin hangout back when NIN opened for GNR, some time between 91 & 93???
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »

I want to tell all you guys something that I found out a while ago.? I have yet to say anything because you guys probably wouldn't believe me and I didn't want to waste my time.? And, it's not coming from me, so I'm not 100%positive it is true.? However, it does come from a friend who I believe.? The reason I put it on this thread is because there is an interesting part in my story about ex-members, and that is basically what this thread is about.?

I met a friend over this summer who works for United Airlines out of Seattle, however she flies all over.? It only took a couple of minutes when I first met her until she knew I was a big GNR fan.? Well, about 1 month after we met she comes to me one day and says "you will never believe who I ran into".? I'm joking around and say Axl Rose because that is the only person who I really wouldn't believe she would have met.? She says "Yeah", and I'm like? Shocked.? So I start drilling her all sorts of questions.? She said that when she was flying from NewYork to Los Angeles, he was flying first class on her flight.? She mentioned how most famous people buy the seet next to them so that nobody bothers them.? Well Axl didn't and was actually really friendly and talkative to his neighbor.? She was not working in his area on the plane but did say that she went up to him and introduced yourself and asked a few questions.? What you all must know though is that she isn't a very big GNR fan, so some of her questions to him, I just laughed.? One of her first questions was if he wrote Sweet Child O'Mine because that was her favorite song.? She then asked where the rest of the band was and he responded by saying that they were off doing there solo stuff.? She then goes "do you guys still play a lot of your old songs in concert", and he said something along the lines like "do you know that were not together anymore".? He could obviously tell that she knew nothing about the band and thought the original lineup was still there.? She admitted that she had no idea, and thats when she asked an interesting question.? ""Do you think that you guys will ever get back together" and he said "absolutely not".? So this probably answers some of your questions on the old band.? ?

By now, I was saying how I would have loved to been working on that flight because I could have asked him so many questions.? I said how I would have asked about the new cd that is supposedly coming out, and she told me that she did here Axl talking to the guy next to him about a cd "towards the end of the year".? This is nothing we haven't already heard before though.

Also she told me that his hair was very long.? I asked if it was braided and she said no.

The two things I found most interesting about this story was his "absolutely not" comment, and the fact that his hair wasn't braided.? I also like hearing stories about him being a really nice guy, because your always hearing about how much of a prick he is.? ?

Believe what you want

peace? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Did everybody miss this? Huh
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2004, 09:49:52 PM »

Well, actually Robin used to be a GN'R fan, I think he even went to a few GN'R shows back in the day.

Shows how much you know,

Ok, so prove he was a GNR fan or liked some songs at one point.

Show what you know...

If i'm not mistaken.. Didnt Axl and Robin hangout back when NIN opened for GNR, some time between 91 & 93???

I hang out with friends who like hip hop and even some who make that music.
I am not a fan of the music, in general.
I hang out with them.

Robin was me when he hung with Axl, if he did.

Topicwise, the ex-members don't put the new members down, ability-wise, or whatever. But if I were Matt, or Steven for that matter, I'd make fun of Brain's YCBM intro hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2004, 09:59:20 PM »

Topicwise, the ex-members don't put the new members down, ability-wise, or whatever. But if I were Matt, or Steven for that matter, I'd make fun of Brain's YCBM intro hihi

The only time it was horrible was at Rio...But i'm sure all the sound difficulties during the song were his fault...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2004, 10:26:04 PM »

The only time it was horrible was at Rio...But i'm sure all the sound difficulties during the song were his fault...

That performance was a very dark moment in GnR history. I still cant sit through that performance of YCBM. The drum intro and even Axl's singing just flat out sucked.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2004, 02:23:50 AM »

the old guys are intitled to their own opinion if they want to talk about the new incarnation of gnr thats their right, this is still america, land of the free, if axl dont want to talk about past again thats his decision, 

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2004, 06:14:15 AM »

well...thanx for your opinion's, i was gonna reply here n' there but you all know where i stand ok
i was gonna try n' dig up some of the new band interviews but ya's beat me!!!

Although i do remember a Slash interview i think not to long after his departure, i beleive he said
good luck to them (GNR) and "i think the world always needs a Guns N' Roses", does anyone know of this,
i just think he didnt think it would happen hihi.

i only have MSG 02' bootleg, but when Robin does his first solo, you can hear some real fuck wits in the crowd givin' him shit, YOU FUCKING FREAK, DID YOUR MOTHER DISONE YOU (i think thats what the guy said), really fucked.
But i think you can agree that Finck shits on Sweet Child solo and plays it 10 times better, the crowd go fucking nuts for him at the end, i replay it everytime man. ok

But at the end of the song, can you hear the crowd?...

GUNS - N' - ROSES
GUNS - N' - ROSES
they are convinced this band has what it takes!! ok yes
i bet it would have been a great feeling for the new guys!!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
darkmonth
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2004, 06:32:45 AM »

Can't this new-GNR old-GNR nonsense stop?  The "real" GNR ended when the "Guns" in "Guns N' Roses" (Tracii Guns) left. If the "Axl's freakshow" theories were correct,the AFD band should have been called "Slash N' Roses"!!!   But it wasn't,so...

THIS is where people like you fall down .... YOU and YOUR type seem to think Guns N' Roses is a name only.  But the name Guns N' Roses doesn't represent just a couple of words, or even the fact that it's from LA Guns and Hollywood Rose... it represents a band... a rock band... who in the late 80's and early 90's, ripped up the music scene and tore it to shreds.

That band is gone.

The fact that Axl has a new band called Guns N' Roses does NOT make it Guns N' Roses.  I can buy an  old band trademark and call my band that name... doesn't mean my band is that old band.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2004, 09:48:59 AM »

But regardless how much people like you bitch you can't go backwards. G'n'R are as they exist now, not in '88 so get over it you either like them or not, if you don't PISS OFF!! is that G'n'R enough for ya? ANd another question, When Axl didn't let slash in to watch the Vegas show and Threw a guy out for wearing a Slash T-Shirt it was cool and SOOOO Axl but if Weiland gets pissed off for hearing AXL shants while singing, he's a dick? Get over it I'd get pissed off too, If you go to a show go because you are gonna have fun not ruin the experience for the rest of the people cause you can't get outta the fuckin past!! The same shit happen when I saw G'n'R in Toronto, Canada. Some asshole was yelling, "Buckethead you suck, You're no Slash!" Why buy a fucking ticket and come then, Dickface, if you aren't interested in the music? Sit down shut the fuck up and listen to the tunes.

Just a little rant from me Grin

"DO you know where the fuck you ARRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE?!!"

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2004, 01:48:48 PM »

Its still GNR.

Axl is  the main songwriter and frontman.

And it is a band, not just Axl`s solo album. Apparently one of the many reasons for the delay of CD is that everyone has a hand in the writing process.

I am looking forward to the new stuff more than I did waiting for the Illusion albums many years ago.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2004, 01:52:28 PM »

Robin wasn't in NIN when they opened for GN'R
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2004, 05:30:05 PM »

Can't this new-GNR old-GNR nonsense stop?? The "real" GNR ended when the "Guns" in "Guns N' Roses" (Tracii Guns) left. If the "Axl's freakshow" theories were correct,the AFD band should have been called "Slash N' Roses"!!!? ?But it wasn't,so...

THIS is where people like you fall down .... YOU and YOUR type seem to think Guns N' Roses is a name only.? But the name Guns N' Roses doesn't represent just a couple of words, or even the fact that it's from LA Guns and Hollywood Rose... it represents a band... a rock band... who in the late 80's and early 90's, ripped up the music scene and tore it to shreds.

That band is gone.

The fact that Axl has a new band called Guns N' Roses does NOT make it Guns N' Roses.? I can buy an? old band trademark and call my band that name... doesn't mean my band is that old band.

Man,that was so deep,it gave me goosebumps.OH GIVE ME A FUCKIN BREAK!!!!!  When you hear CD and you honestly feel that it doesn't even compare to the old albums,then you can say:"Axl trashed the name Guns N' Roses". But until then,have a little respect for the man and don't give me that sentimental bullshit!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Crowebar
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »

2.? It would appear that even the original "fuck you" GNR attitude is gone.

-TyRod-

I'd have to say that taking so long to release an album is definitely a "fuck you" GNR attitude. yes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: