Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:19:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Ex-members not agreeing with the new guys
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ex-members not agreeing with the new guys  (Read 25879 times)
Crowebar
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »

If Axl hired me to play cazoo would I be a memeber of GNR?

Uhh....... Huh

No, you wouldn't. no

You'd be a 'Hired-Cazoo-Gunner' confused rofl
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2004, 06:17:50 AM »

I think that we all have to wait for the album, and let it speak for it self.. If it's great and spectacular, we'll all understand why it have taken so long, and what the fuzz was about..But if it's just a normal avarage album, or if it sucks..Axl will have a real hard time doing something in the music industry. After all, it's what you deliver that counts.

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2004, 08:12:05 AM »

2.? It would appear that even the original "fuck you" GNR attitude is gone.

Tell that to the people of Vancouver and Philadelphia.

Not releasing an album when you're "supposed to", isn't that a big "fuck you" to many people?

How do you want it? Some of you want explanations for everything and some of you want GN'R to be this bad ass rock n' roll band. You can't have both.....

5.? ?Even Axl's trademark hair is gone.

So is Duff's "trademark" alcohol problems. People change.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darkmonth
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2004, 09:05:54 AM »

Yeah, but Duff's was blatantly for the better....

Axl's blatantly wasn't

Cheesy
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2004, 09:51:55 AM »

2.? It would appear that even the original "fuck you" GNR attitude is gone.

Tell that to the people of Vancouver and Philadelphia.

Not releasing an album when you're "supposed to", isn't that a big "fuck you" to many people?

How do you want it? Some of you want explanations for everything and some of you want GN'R to be this bad ass rock n' roll band. You can't have both.....

5.? ?Even Axl's trademark hair is gone.

So is Duff's "trademark" alcohol problems. People change.....

You can justify it any way you want.? But this is in no way Guns N' Roses except by name only.? This band is, at best, a GNR cover band that is full of nothing more than hired musicians that do not act like a "band" in any way.? When was the last time we even saw a picture of these people in the same room?? I'll tell you when, it was December 5, 2002.? When was the last time this so-called band released some new original material.? Never.? Based on what we have heard so far from bootlegs, the new material thay do have will in no way be related to or anywhere close to the old material in style or content.

If you believe this is GNR then you are delusional.? This is Axl's solo project, period.? Like I said before, he has the luxury of calling it GNR because he pulled that faggoty cry-baby act in the early ninties.? "Sign the name over to me or I'm quitting.? Waaaaaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaaa."? And Slash and Duff had the decency and concern for the 60,000 fans waiting to see GNR in mind when they signed that thing.

Does Axl's pre-maddona antics in the early nintes mean that what he has created now in the mid 2000s is GNR?? No way.

-TyRod-
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 09:58:26 AM by TyRod Tulip » Logged
madagas
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2004, 10:11:54 AM »

or Slash and Duff were just plain ignorant and spineless! ok
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2004, 10:27:24 AM »

If you believe this is GNR then you are delusional.? This is Axl's solo project, period.? Like I said before, he has the luxury of calling it GNR because he pulled that faggoty cry-baby act in the early ninties.? "Sign the name over to me or I'm quitting.? Waaaaaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaaa."? And Slash and Duff had the decency and concern for the 60,000 fans waiting to see GNR in mind when they signed that thing.
-TyRod-

No slash and duff were on about a million different substances and they didnt know what the fuck they were doing.

And yeah THIS IS GUNS N ROSES. Just because slash and duff aare not in the band anymore does not mean it isnt guns. They were the ones that left, so they got replaced. Whats the problem with that?
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2004, 10:43:15 AM »

Guns N' Roses just played in Barcelona Spain: Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt.  That is more "GNR" than Axl and the hired help.

Robin's guitar solos don't compare with Slash's, unless he is playing riffs and solos that Slash invented! 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2004, 10:59:40 AM »

or Slash and Duff were just plain ignorant and spineless! ok

Yea, I'm sure that's it.   Roll Eyes  What do you think is more likely?  My money is on Axl being an asshole.  And we only have about a million examples of that.  Show me one example of Duff and Slash being spineless and ignorant.

Philly is absolutely right.  Th real GNR played in Barcelona the other night.

I really can't see how anyone can consider Axl Rose and 5 or 6 hired musician to be GNR.  If you are a true GNR fan, if you love AFD and the UYI albums as much as I do, then the idea of this compilation of musician being called GNR is just fucking sacrilege.   I saw them in Boston in December 2002.  They are a fine group of musicians and the concert rocked, but they are not in any way GNR.

Somebody tell me why this group is GNR.  And please don't say "because Axl has the legal rights to the name".  Give me one good reason otherwise why you think this is GNR.  You can't because this just isn't GNR except by legal name only. 

-TyRod-
madagas
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2004, 11:10:46 AM »

I don't give a fuck if it's Gnr or not. Axl simply made a demand and they were bullied in to making a decision they regret. Slash has said he regrets it on multiple occasions. They were ignorant and spineless because they did not tell him to fuck off. Do you think Axl really would have given up all those touring dollars over the issue at the time? No. They were simply too stupid or too out of it to negotiate and play hard ball back at him. Tyrod, you really need to get over these petty, negative comments ALL the time. If you want to make a statement then don't buy Chinese IF it ever comes out. rant rant
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2004, 11:16:44 AM »

No slash and duff were on about a million different substances and they didnt know what the fuck they were doing.
If thats your point, then the legality of the contract could be fought. (they would have to somehow prove the were under the influence though)

And yeah THIS IS GUNS N ROSES. Just because slash and duff aare not in the band anymore does not mean it isnt guns. They were the ones that left, so they got replaced. Whats the problem with that?
It's Guns N' Roses in name only........
Axl Rose is not Guns N' Roses
Slash is not Guns N' Roses

Guns N' Roses was that core of people, It's not Menudo were you can keep rotating new members when they get to old, or a Broadway show that changes the cast every year.

I just can't wrap my head around the argument that Axl and 5 replacements (RIR3) are more GnR than Slash, Duff, Matt, (and for the last week) Izzy....with two replacements (RIR2 lineup without Axl). I accept the fact that Axl owns the name and could use it for a troop of traveling midgets and cripples, but I just don't see how people can say that this lineup is anything more than GnR by name only

Threads like these are why we need Chinese Democracy to talk about. A thread could get started about how Welcome to the Jungle was played 21 times at the Patriots v. Colts game last night, and it would degenerate into how the new lineup isn't Guns N' Roses
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 11:37:45 AM by C0ma » Logged
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2004, 11:25:12 AM »

I don't give a fuck if it's Gnr or not. Axl simply made a demand and they were bullied in to making a decision they regret. Slash has said he regrets it on multiple occasions. They were ignorant and spineless because they did not tell him to fuck off. Do you think Axl really would have given up all those touring dollars over the issue at the time? No. They were simply too stupid or too out of it to negotiate and play hard ball back at him. Tyrod, you really need to get over these petty, negative comments ALL the time. If you want to make a statement then don't buy Chinese IF it ever comes out. rant rant

I'm not sure I'm gonna buy it yet.  I'll d/l it like 7-10 days before it is released and then make a decision on whether or not I want to own an offical copy.  I did that with VR's album too .... actutally I do that before I buy any album.  I liked their work so much after listening to the d/led version that I decided to buy the album when it was officially released.  IF CD is good, I'll buy it ... if it sucks or is bloated with a bunch of songs like Maddy, I'll just listen to my free copy.

And I am not trying to make some sort of statement of anything.  I'm just telling you all that IMO this is in no way GNR.   I have stated why I think it isn't GNR and asked you to tell me why you think it is without resorting to the foolish "because Axl legally owns the name" excuse.  I am still waiting to hear why anyone thinks this is GNR.

-TyRod-
madagas
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2004, 11:36:30 AM »

I don't think it is Gnr....certainly not without an officially released product. But, Gnr of old is dead to me and I don't want it resurrected. This is a new band and a very talented band. I really don't care what it is called. Undecided
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2004, 11:43:38 AM »

Tyrod Tulip, I agree with you on a lot of your points,In fact, you could call Steven Adler's band GnR as well, because it contains one original GnR member, and they are mostly doing the songs from AFD, just as new-GnR are doin'...   Wink
But nobody's doin that are they? Ok, drummers don't get the attention that frontmans like the lead singer or lead guitar player do, but, if it weren't for Steven: No GnR, if it weren't for Duff: No GnR, If it weren't for Slash, Axl or Izzy: No GnR !
As they all have said: GnR and AFD could not have been, except with exactly those members..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2004, 11:44:41 AM »

I'm not sure I'm gonna buy it yet.? I'll d/l it like 7-10 days before it is released and then make a decision on whether or not I want to own an offical copy.? I did that with VR's album too .... actutally I do that before I buy any album.? I liked their work so much after listening to the d/led version that I decided to buy the album when it was officially released.? IF CD is good, I'll buy it ... if it sucks or is bloated with a bunch of songs like Maddy, I'll just listen to my free copy.

That's an asshole way to do things!! and anyone else who does the same thing is an asshole too.  "Ill listen to my free copy." ever think that's why Axl is so tight lipped?! If you wanna hear it buy the fucking thing! Do you support Axl or not? I mean it is taking so fucking long for CD to come out and now you don't wanna buy it in case its not good? come on I bet you like everything else in the world Axl has sung on don't you? Well support Axl then, buy a $15 cd ya cheap fuck! if you don't like it sell it on ebay or whatever. It's probably shit like downloading and rumors why Axl doesn't like the internet. And how can you beat the first impression of listening to a new CD?

And I am not trying to make some sort of statement of anything.  I'm just telling you all that IMO this is in no way GNR.   I have stated why I think it isn't GNR and asked you to tell me why you think it is without resorting to the foolish "because Axl legally owns the name" excuse.  I am still waiting to hear why anyone thinks this is GNR.

It's guns'n'roses more now cause they don't have Backgroud fucking singers anymore!!!!  Other than that there is no other excuse but "Axl owns the name" he has legal rights to it and wants to do shit under the Guns and Roses name! Velvet Revolver is not Guns and Roses they are Velvet Revolver with Izzy as a guest (lately). and Matt is not original Guns either! It hasn't been the original lineup in going on 15 years!! The original guns is over and has been for quite some time. Get over it, love it or leave it.

TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2004, 11:55:14 AM »

That's an asshole way to do things!! and anyone else who does the same thing is an asshole too.? "Ill listen to my free copy." ever think that's why Axl is so tight lipped?! If you wanna hear it buy the fucking thing! Do you support Axl or not? I mean it is taking so fucking long for CD to come out and now you don't wanna buy it in case its not good? come on I bet you like everything else in the world Axl has sung on don't you? Well support Axl then, buy a $15 cd ya cheap fuck! if you don't like it sell it on ebay or whatever. It's probably shit like downloading and rumors why Axl doesn't like the internet. And how can you beat the first impression of listening to a new CD?

You are not making any sense here.  You ask if I am supporting Axl or not.  Well the answer is "if the material is good".  I do not support him for the sake of supporting him.  And based on the way he has gone about this whole comeback thing, I have no real reason to support him unless the product is good.  If he had kept the original lineup together I would definately have supported them based on their past catelogue.  I have no reason whatsoever to support anything he has done since 1992 (except that I really liked OMG).

Tell me this.  If I have the option to d/l an album and listen to it first before wasting my money on it, then why would I waste my hard earned money on it before knowing if it is any good?  We are talking about pure common sense here.  I wouldn't waste $15 on 18 tracks on Maddy-like songs.  So if CD is over-produced or bloated, I will have saved myself $15 by d/ling it first.  Sounds like good common sense to me.   Undecided

-TyRod-
darkmonth
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2004, 12:03:25 PM »

ya cheap fuck!

Now now... you'll get banned for stuff like that Wink  Grin
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2004, 12:06:03 PM »

Yeah except if everyone downloads a free copy then record industry doesn't make any money and then artists get no money then no albums are released then thats fucking it. Why do you think concert tickets are so expensive. no one buys cd's anymore cause they can d/l it. I say if you are a fan buy it, don't download it. all I can say is that I've waited 10 long fucking years for my favorite band (well singer) to release an album and I'm gonna buy it if all it is is Axl singing fucking nursery rhymes. If it sucks hey then Axl has to get into my good graces again if it rules then ITS GONNA FUCKIN ROCK!!!! ok

how much other g'n'r shit do you have? how much is not official? (g'n'r got no royalties from it) how many things g'n'r did you spend more than $15-18 on? do you have Welcome to the videos and japan show on vhs and dvd? that could've saved you hard earned cash, do you have all the albums and the greatest hits? more cash saved.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2004, 12:06:09 PM »

GN'R was five guys playing in clubs in Los Angeles in the mid-80s, then GN'R evolved into the biggest rock band on the planet with a new drummer and a keyboard player, then it evolved into a band featuring a bunch of guys with only Axl as the only reamining original member left.

There's your explanantion on why it is still GN'R. The most well known guy is still in the band......

This has turned into a typical Dead Horse topic about how it's not GN'R..... Surprising.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2004, 01:22:44 PM »

Jarmo, that is not an explanation for why this is GNR.  No one has given a good reason why we should consider this group GNR.  They are not GNR.  And then you go and move an active conversation to the least visited section of the forum before anyon has the chance to give me a good reason.  Thanks.   Undecided

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: