Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:20:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Ex-members not agreeing with the new guys
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ex-members not agreeing with the new guys  (Read 26072 times)
fixintodie
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2004, 11:51:55 AM »

Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm glad he does it, he's great at it. But just leave the new band alone and let Axl get on with his life. And that goes for Axl with Slash too. Stop splitting the fans.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2004, 12:17:02 PM »

Hear! Hear! fixintodie,? beer

Isn't this thread getting off topic and becoming a dead horse discussion?
Hear. This topic is not about Axl vs. ex gunners.

from what Ive read in Tommy Stinsons interviews about his view on the band, it seems like he thinks of it as Axls band as well...
If you?re referring the same article, I didn?t read it that way.
I thought he was trying to be humble about his status to ease certain fans feelings n to show respect for his predecessors. He said that after he met Duff?
And music in new release is 8 men?s baby. (Excuse?barf to my wording.)

There might be some Traci calling AFD lineups as no-original. I don't know.

Anyway, Say whatever they want.? It shows all their magnanimity.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2004, 12:20:05 PM »

Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm glad he does it, he's great at it. But just leave the new band alone and let Axl get on with his life. And that goes for Axl with Slash too. Stop splitting the fans.

1) If a fan is so weak-minded that they rely on comments from either party to form an opinion, that fan is an idiot...and its hardly the responsibility of either Slash or Axl to bite their tounges to accomodate such a person.

2) What has Slash said about the new band that you find so harsh?  When asked, he states his opinion that its not really Guns N' Roses.  Im going to be so bold to say hes in the majority on that one...and being Slash, I think his opinion on the subject is an informed and valid one.  Axl himself said that he didnt believe his post-Slash line-up was really GNR.  Its hardly a personal slight to any of the new members...

3) The notion that Slashs comments are preventing Axl from "getting on with life" is preposterous...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2004, 12:31:23 PM »

If I spent years of my life working on something I cared about like Slash or Duff, watched it build up from nothing really to something THAT huge I would care alot about it. Imagine having a kid, raising it, then when it's around 18 someone else says "I think I am that kids dad now. It wasn't my seed and I didn't do anything to raise it but it's mine anyway". Isn't "dad" just a title? Sure, but it would still annoy me. Especially if other peopke went along with it. So I don't see it as just a name and that they shouldn't care. And if I was them I sure as hell wouldn't give a flying fuck about upsetting any of the new guys who, lets face it, havn't done anything to earn the right of that name. And to prevent posts concerning anything they have done before or during their tenure with guns that is not what I am referring to.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2004, 01:51:54 PM »

If Axl hired me to play cazoo would I be a memeber of GNR?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2004, 02:06:41 PM »

3.? New musicians (you can't really call them members because they don't act like a band in any way) come from way different backgrounds and musical influences that GNR.

-TyRod-

On top of that, these guys didn't even like GNR.

Axl: So you guys wanna join my band and help me create my vision?

One of the others: Uh, none of us liked GNR before, Axl...

No wonder people said that they looked bored on the old songs(most of the set). They hate the shit.

That's why Tommy sounds like an outsider when he speaks about what he has no clue about(band stuff)

And another thing; can you picture Fortus or stinson refer to GNR in an interview or appearance as "My band". Don't think so.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2004, 02:08:25 PM »

If Axl hired me to play cazoo would I be a memeber of GNR?

Maybe if you never liked GNR and did some session work with other artists.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2004, 02:15:08 PM »

On top of that, these guys didn't even like GNR.

Axl: So you guys wanna join my band and help me create my vision?

One of the others: Uh, none of us liked GNR before, Axl...

So he should've asked fans and people in tribute bands to join instead of people who he thought could create the music he wanted to create? People who could play the old songs note for note every night and maybe even look like the ex-members?

Roll Eyes

I suspect that the issue was never about getting guys just to play the old material.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2004, 02:23:52 PM »

Imagine having a kid, raising it, then when it's around 18 someone else says "I think I am that kids dad now. It wasn't my seed and I didn't do anything to raise it but it's mine anyway". Isn't "dad" just a title? Sure, but it would still annoy me. Especially if other peopke went along with it.

But when you are the one who walked out you shouldn?t blame the new dad for trying to be a dad.
Lets wait and see if you like new dads when mum is ready. (puke again)

Axl himself said that he didnt believe his post-Slash line-up was really GNR.? Its hardly a personal slight to any of the new members...

Cheesy Really? When?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2004, 02:31:57 PM »

So he should've asked fans and people in tribute bands to join instead of people who he thought could create the music he wanted to create? People who could play the old songs note for note every night and maybe even look like the ex-members?

Roll Eyes

I just always found it surprising as a FAN, and a loyal one at that, that none of them liked the other stuff. Not even one of 'em. And not even indifferent to it, but flat out not like it.

I suspect that the issue was never about getting guys just to play the old material.....

/jarmo

I agree. This also goes to show that since the other meambers contribute so heavily to the songwriting process (such as Tommy who doesn't even recognize music he laboured on) that the music is going to sound very different from what many expect from GNR, and maybe loved, and what made them fans in the first place.

And I'm not saying that therefore it'll be bad, we'll have to wait and see on that one
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 02:33:48 PM by the dirt » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2004, 02:51:16 PM »

here is my main point, Tommy,Robin,Chris Pittman even Buckethead may not be GNR in the sense of Appetite GNR, but what everybody is forgetting is Axl isnt even GNR in the appetite sense anymore

A new music, a new sound is forthcoming that will probably be totally different from what Guns was, so the new players are absolutely perfect for the sound axl is goin after now. Axl isnt tryin to recreate Appetite or the old GNR wouldnt have broke up

after hearing Contraband i have no doubts in my mind that SLash and co. wanted to take a step back and do AFD pt 2. whereas Axl wanted to evolve even further past the Illusion stuff, being more of an Use Your Illusion fan than appetite fan im glad Axl has moved on and instead of giving us the same ole same ole like VR basically have, he is attempting to do something new which i respect!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2004, 02:52:36 PM »

I want to tell all you guys something that I found out a while ago.  I have yet to say anything because you guys probably wouldn't believe me and I didn't want to waste my time.  And, it's not coming from me, so I'm not 100%positive it is true.  However, it does come from a friend who I believe.  The reason I put it on this thread is because there is an interesting part in my story about ex-members, and that is basically what this thread is about. 

I met a friend over this summer who works for United Airlines out of Seattle, however she flies all over.  It only took a couple of minutes when I first met her until she knew I was a big GNR fan.  Well, about 1 month after we met she comes to me one day and says "you will never believe who I ran into".  I'm joking around and say Axl Rose because that is the only person who I really wouldn't believe she would have met.  She says "Yeah", and I'm like  Shocked.  So I start drilling her all sorts of questions.  She said that when she was flying from NewYork to Los Angeles, he was flying first class on her flight.  She mentioned how most famous people buy the seet next to them so that nobody bothers them.  Well Axl didn't and was actually really friendly and talkative to his neighbor.  She was not working in his area on the plane but did say that she went up to him and introduced yourself and asked a few questions.  What you all must know though is that she isn't a very big GNR fan, so some of her questions to him, I just laughed.  One of her first questions was if he wrote Sweet Child O'Mine because that was her favorite song.  She then asked where the rest of the band was and he responded by saying that they were off doing there solo stuff.  She then goes "do you guys still play a lot of your old songs in concert", and he said something along the lines like "do you know that were not together anymore".  He could obviously tell that she knew nothing about the band and thought the original lineup was still there.  She admitted that she had no idea, and thats when she asked an interesting question.  ""Do you think that you guys will ever get back together" and he said "absolutely not".  So this probably answers some of your questions on the old band.   

By now, I was saying how I would have loved to been working on that flight because I could have asked him so many questions.  I said how I would have asked about the new cd that is supposedly coming out, and she told me that she did here Axl talking to the guy next to him about a cd "towards the end of the year".  This is nothing we haven't already heard before though.

Also she told me that his hair was very long.  I asked if it was braided and she said no.

The two things I found most interesting about this story was his "absolutely not" comment, and the fact that his hair wasn't braided.  I also like hearing stories about him being a really nice guy, because your always hearing about how much of a prick he is.   

Believe what you want

peace             

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2004, 03:01:33 PM »

When Steven was fired it was a disaster! I wasn't far from crying about it. Then when Izzy left it was, at least for me, all over concerning original GNR. I mean replace Izzy with someone like Gilby? What a hired gun he was, never a member.
Guns was so much more back then. Yes it was the music but you looked at them and thought this guys are really close friends and that was so cool and I wished me and my friends would stay loyal to each other and be friends forever. I admired the way they stood up for eachother. Like Axl's rant about Steven hitting someone with his cast or Axl wanting to beat up Vince Neil for punching Izzy. Sure they were acting like kids. But I was a kid and I just loved their attitude on and off stage. They grew up and tore eachother apart in public. I grew up (Huh) and who the fuck do I know and stick up for from back then? Sure theres a few I get on with but...Different lives now. It's not cool with even a one-off reunion if they hate eachother. It's supposed to be GNR against the world not at eachothers throats so Slash and Duff should stop with sueing Axl or shut up about whats original or not...my opinion

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
bubba
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2004, 03:16:24 PM »

axl stuffs period
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2004, 03:20:05 PM »

I just always found it surprising as a FAN, and a loyal one at that, that none of them liked the other stuff. Not even one of 'em. And not even indifferent to it, but flat out not like it.

Are you sure none of them liked GN'R? Just because they say they weren't fans, doesn't mean they don't like any of the old songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2004, 03:44:42 PM »

It's supposed to be GNR against the world not at eachothers throats so Slash and Duff should stop with sueing Axl or shut up about whats original or not...my opinion
And my opinion too.

and the fact that? I also like hearing stories about him being a really nice guy, because your always hearing about how much of a prick he is.? ?

Thank you for sharing, peeps. Although I don't think that is what this thread is basically about.
There?s nothing untrustworthy in your friend's story.? And I'm glad to hear those comments:

Cheesy 1)"absolutely not"                               -Yay! Never look back.
 Cheesy 2) a cd "towards the end of the year" -that's what we're dying to hear!
 Shocked 3) his hair was long and not braided.   -interesting isnay?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2004, 05:01:31 PM »

Can't this new-GNR old-GNR nonsense stop?  The "real" GNR ended when the "Guns" in "Guns N' Roses" (Tracii Guns) left. If the "Axl's freakshow" theories were correct,the AFD band should have been called "Slash N' Roses"!!!   But it wasn't,so...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2004, 05:08:25 PM »

well at least slash has just a tinny little bit of respect for axl.....when people began the 'f*ck axl rose' chant at the VR gig , slash defused it by saying ' is that really necessary ?' and now on an interview some guy said 'if axl gets his head out of his ass would you consider a reunion?'' and slash said ' dont give him such a hard time' ....
It was more of promoting VR and not having it be a gnr thing. SO that weiland doesnt throw mega phones. Not that he was being a nice guy.

I agree that the new band is not really GNR.  I am not saying Axl didn't hire some great musicians, but they have no say in when they tour, when the release the album, etc.  They aren't seen in public hanging out with Axl.  They are hired musicians.
Same could be said about old gnr. Isnt that why they left? Because Axl wanted to do things his way. Did you not think it was gnr back in the day because of that? We all know Axl controls the vision/business side of gnr. Musically its a full fledged band effort. Case closed.

C. At least VR doesn't force the interviewiers not ask questions about the past!!!!
Weiland does.
And why is that such a bad thing? Slash should do the same and request not to talk about Axl. It will take away all the problems. Axl doesnt want to talk about the past. Whats wrong with that?

2.  It would appear that even the original "fuck you" GNR attitude is gone.

Taht ended right after AFD.

New musicians (you can't really call them members because they don't act like a band in any way) come from way different backgrounds and musical influences that GNR.
In case you havnt known. All of these members are basically connected with each other. Most of them are and have been friends prior to gnr.

But remember that the only reason he has the right to call it GNR is because he pulled his cry-baby pre-madonna act and forced Duff and Slash to sign that contract thing before a show or he was gonna take his microphone and go home.
What does that have to do with GNR breakup? Listen to what was said on the BTM about why Axl had them sign it.

And they didnt have to sign it. All of a suddent hey are "badass" and say o we just did it so there were no bumps in the road now. They should have simply not signed it and let gnr end right there. Then Axl would have either came back or he would be the one who killed gnr right at the pinnacle of their career.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2004, 05:41:30 PM »

Well, actually Robin used to be a GN'R fan, I think he even went to a few GN'R shows back in the day.

Shows how much you know,
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2004, 05:49:40 PM »

Well, actually Robin used to be a GN'R fan, I think he even went to a few GN'R shows back in the day.

Shows how much you know,

Ok, so prove he was a GNR fan or liked some songs at one point.

Show what you know...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: