Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:29:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  robin finck's playing and creative qualities
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: robin finck's playing and creative qualities  (Read 21062 times)
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« on: May 01, 2006, 02:08:29 PM »

why are some people bashing robin for his guitar playing? i've wittnessed the man live with nin (in vienna); the guy is just tight and got more presence on stage than trent reznor; what i heard on the rir mp3's and the 2002 tour seemed to be just splendid guitar work with lots of feel to it; just listen to "the blues" or the "chinese democracy" solo; or the "sweet child o' mine" solo on the "big daddy"-soundtrack, which is nothing but outstanding; not to speak from the leaks in 2006 (f.e.: "better")...

i think that robin has got such an unique sound and a very soulfull way of playing that is different from ANYTHING i know; just because he plays the old gnr stuff a bit different, doesn't mean he plays "wrong", as some of you have assumed...

if you have an example where robin really does not live up to the high gnr-fans expectations, please post the link and prove me and my robin arguments wrong...

ps: the only thing i'm not sure of, is robins quality as a songwriter or suplier of cool riffs; would be interesting to know how much he's involved in the writing process, how creative he is. but i guess we'll know soon.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 02:14:59 PM »

He raped NR during 2002 tour no I don't like his sound at all...

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 02:15:26 PM »

I don't love the guy and wouldn't care if Axl got rid of him. He has never impressed me like Tommy Stinson,Brain, or Buckethead did during the 2001-2002 shows. Maybe this time it will be different....

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 02:17:56 PM »

Yeah, that robin f In ?CK, he's like Van Halen & Page rolled into one. hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_i081KM1Is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8twEcwsBzk

Seriously, WTF was going on with this guy playing this shit? What a turd.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 02:22:38 PM »

I guess this was discussed many times...

I like Robin and his style more then Slash and whatever he did while in GNR. And that is only me. Most of people think Robin is no near Slash and I respect their thoughts. I don't think it matters... What matteres is that in 11 days G&R will hit the stage for the first time in last few years and this time it seems comeback is for real.

That is the greatest gift to any G&R / Axl fan. Who plays and why? I dont care.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 02:23:10 PM »

Hmmm that was the brilliance i witnessed in Toronto. ?Roll Eyes sounds like me when I'm tuning ?hihi

McDuff
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 02:27:50 PM »

Everything that I've heard from Robin while in GN'R sucks,maybe it was because he didn't know how to play the Guns stuff that good,I dunno,maybe he'll be better this time if he's in the band now
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 02:33:31 PM »

I'll wait until I hear Chinese Democracy before I fully judge his value.. but I never have been that impressed with him.

I especially didn't like it when he used the same guitar as slash and made some of the same motions as Slash when he'd play Slash's solos (and fuck them up most the time.) I think he even hopped on the piano to do the November Rain one which was dumb in my opinion too.

I'm also not one of those people who worship the old band and won't give new members a chance, I love Brain, Stinson, and Buckethead. At least Buckethead would make the solos his own by tinkering with them. ok
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 02:49:05 PM »

Robin made a few errors during the 2002 tour... but all guitar player could make mistakes during a tour... but some assholes pretend to crucifige Robin on those mistakes... because they don't want to see how the guy is a fine player with a lot of feeling on stage.

Finck's the coolest.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 02:51:18 PM »

i said it numerous times allready and i`m kind of tired to say it again and again hihi

i love that guy and he`s my favourite guitar player.... the solos he wrote to the new gnr songs are simply amazing imo and his stage presence is awesome as well. i`m pretty sure that he was the main part in the writing of the new songs (with axl of course...).

his webmaster confirmed that he played an essential part in writing the blues for example....  i guess we should wait for the new record to judge on him though...

i love his style, the work i heard and his stage moves peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 03:04:33 PM »

Finck is the man. Even though he may not be the most technically skilled player, he makes up for it in style and creativity. He shows more emotion that anyone I've ever seen while playing an instrument. When the dust settles, I think his contributions to this era of GNR will have been priceless....

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 03:06:05 PM »

Finck is the man. Even though he may not be the most technically skilled player, he makes up for it in style and creativity. He shows more emotion that anyone I've ever seen while playing an instrument. When the dust settles, I think his contributions to this era of GNR will have been priceless....

My thoughts exactly.  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 03:07:19 PM »

yeah, i agree, one way or the other they will be priceless alright hihi

I dunno....I try and remain optimistic peace

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 03:15:12 PM »

His solo in Better and The Blues are nothing but amazing. He did an awesome job too in Fright Train and Love Siege, both from Ghosts Of Mars soundtrack.

I would put why he's my favourite guitarist and how he's is the best out there, but I already did too many times in another Robin thread. Tongue

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 03:33:55 PM »

Finck rulz goddamit

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 03:40:36 PM »

Finck rulz goddamit

Couldn't have said it better m'self!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 03:45:22 PM »

His studio work seems to be phenomonal but his live playing seems to be suspect at times.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

Robin finck is a fuckin joke. he is one of the worst guitarist I have ever heard. ?I don't know what the hell Axl is thinking keeping this fool around. ?I never thought i would say this but nu-GNR's best live guitarist is richard fortus. ?Buckethead was lame and so is finck. ?The only people that like this douche bag are the nutswingers in this freakin "cult" message board. ?The objective rock n' roll fan knows this guy fuckin sucks. ?How can someone say that Finck has been better for GNr than Slash? That is rock n' roll blasphemy, ?that's like saying Blink 182 is better than the Stones and Beatles. ? Remove your cock from Axl's balls ?please. ?Damn ?I'm embarrassed to be in this message board right now. I used to think that most of the people here were knowledgeable ?and objective fans ? but I'm beginning it
s nothing more than a cult . ?Let me set things straight for you worshippers ?, the only talent in this band is Axl and stinson. ?Fortus is ? good for touring but I don't think he can write music. ?The only question now is if Axl is good enough to carry a band by himself. ?He's going to have to be awesome ?to make up for the mediocrity in this band. ?This band has absolutely no stage presence, that could hurt them unless vintage Axl comes out blazing and singing in his raspy voice.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 04:00:39 PM »

Robin finck is a fuckin joke. he is one of the worst guitarist I have ever heard. ?I don't know what the hell Axl is thinking keeping this fool around. ?I never thought i would say this but nu-GNR's best live guitarist is richard fortus. ?Buckethead was lame and so is finck. ?The only people that like this douche bag are the nutswingers in this freakin "cult" message board. ?The objective rock n' roll fan knows this guy fuckin sucks. ?How can someone say that Finck has been better for GNr than Slash? That is rock n' roll blasphemy, ?that's like saying Blink 182 is better than the Stones and Beatles. ? Remove your cock from Axl's balls ?please. ?Damn ?I'm embarrassed to be in this message board right now. I used to think that most of the people here were knowledgeable ?and objective fans ? but I'm beginning it
s nothing more than a cult . ?Let me set things straight for you worshippers ?, the only talent in this band is Axl and stinson. ?Fortus is ? good for touring but I don't think he can write music. ?The only question now is if Axl is good enough to carry a band by himself. ?He's going to have to be awesome ?to make up for the mediocrity in this band. ?This band has absolutely no stage presence, that could hurt them unless vintage Axl comes out blazing and singing in his raspy voice.

It's hard to respect anyone's opinion who says Buckethead is lame.. when he is one of the most talended guitarests of our generation.. which he has proved with tons of his own work. Finck is rather unproved, and misses a lot of notes live at times.. so I can see people knocking him. Brain also is talented as well, you didn't mention him.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 04:12:43 PM »

Robin fuckin' Finck!!!    RULES  ...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aaaahhhh fuck it, sick of this shit, if you think he is crap or whatever, get ya fuckin' hearin' checked!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: