Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:05:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  robin finck - yes or no?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: robin finck - yes or no?  (Read 19894 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2006, 11:50:31 AM »

Is your last name Hudson by any chance...?? Roll Eyes
No, but I like him a lot. I think Slash is GN'R. ok

Ok. I think Axl is Gnr.  peace
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2006, 03:20:13 PM »

"slash has a lot more charisma than finck" ------ erm, u obviously havnt watched a guns n roses show lately have u?
Forget it. Roll Eyes

y forget it?
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2006, 05:06:45 AM »

I am surprised I haven't posted in this topic yet. Anyway...On with the Robin propaganda show. A big fucking YES. Robin is the new sound of yesterday's tomorrow.
ryba
Opening Act

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2006, 01:26:06 PM »

A massive fuckin' NO.

Why?

He sucks. hihi

peace powertabs.net: G'N'R, Snakepit, Duff, Gilby and VR power tabs. Check'em out (and contribute) Smiley!
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2006, 01:31:13 PM »

A massive fuckin' NO.

Why?

He sucks. hihi

fuck off then
jarvie_a
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2006, 08:20:47 PM »

Robin Finck - Yes
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »

There's kind of a paradox here...Robin's solo on November Rain doesn't sound nearly as good as Slash's, but on the other hand he does an amazing job with the rhythm parts on that song. His playing, except for the solo, sounded amazingly beautiful on that song, when I heard it live In Helsinki and wathched it on the Rock Am Ring 2006 show. Maybe Robin should stick to rhythm and let the others do the solos...

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2006, 03:56:23 PM »

There's kind of a paradox here...Robin's solo on November Rain doesn't sound nearly as good as Slash's, but on the other hand he does an amazing job with the rhythm parts on that song. His playing, except for the solo, sounded amazingly beautiful on that song, when I heard it live In Helsinki and wathched it on the Rock Am Ring 2006 show. Maybe Robin should stick to rhythm and let the others do the solos...

I like his solo @RAR2006 very much... sounds cool. Also, listening to the "old - AFD/UYI" versions of these songs I am starting to miss Robin, Richard and Bumble guitar work... so that is kind of cool feeling... and yes Robin is amazing rythm player... just listen to NR, KOHD or Patience  ok
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2006, 06:29:18 PM »

Robin looks very cool guy , and if to think his solo in November Rain not so sucks. He and Axl work together almost 10 years,  so why not? Smiley

zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2006, 07:37:18 PM »

BIG fuckin YES to Robin!  Been a fan of his work since 1st seeing him play at Woodstock 94 with NiN, he's an awesome guitarist with great stage prescense(sp?).  Found myself watching him on stage just as often as Axl at the Hammerstein shows back in May. 

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2006, 04:47:40 AM »

so true man, robin tanks on many solos... if he wasn't in new gnr people would bash his covers.. Just being he is people force themselves to love him otherwise the role players here who defend new gnr or axl24-7 would look foolish.. How many bashed b foot years ago, now they all(most) love him, or since finck dropped that gothish look now they love him.. Many weirdos around here..
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2006, 04:58:05 AM »

Yes to Robin.

He's GN'R all the way.

I'm tired of people who can't let go of the fucking PAST.

It's the same debate for 10+ years ... Kinda boring yes

Finck brings his personality on the stage, and he's a good player too, I like his rythming parts and all the solos on the new tracks. Plus he brought "Better" to the band wich is a track a lot of fans seems to dig.

There's no new GN'R, there's just GN'R.

No hard feelings beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
makane
Legend

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2006, 04:00:18 PM »

Yes to Robin.

He's GN'R all the way.

I'm tired of people who can't let go of the fucking PAST.

Why are you people telling to "let go of the fucking PAST"? Why should we? We should just ignore our favorite band?
Can't we just like the old and new GN'R, or can we only like the new? It's just fucking weird here, more you hate the old Guns N' Roses the better you are. what the fuck is going on?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2006, 07:01:42 PM »

It's just fucking weird here, more you hate the old Guns N' Roses the better you are. what the fuck is going on?

so fucking stupid gnr fans telling you to stop talking about the real gnr that sold 10s and 10s of millions of albums, but instead should love the ones riding the coatails who are playing the same old tour for years with no new album yet..

Long live afd gnr, the only gnr the mainstream world knows
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2006, 10:35:00 AM »

I think that what Rourke meant was that people should stop comparing the two bands and bash the new band just because the old was better. I mean, i love the old band more than any other band in history but it`s gone a long time ago and as soon as i realised it i stop comparing (so much) the two bands, etc The new band plays the old songs well but they ain`t Slash wannnabes and their play feeling is different than Slash`s so they don?t play the solos exactly like slash but this doesn`t mean that they suck, etc  and this doesn`t imply that i can`t like this new band nor adore excusively the old band.  Wink

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2006, 03:39:37 AM »

Thankx Gueli, that was my point ok

I'm not saying to anybody to love or hate the new or old line-up of GN'R, I'm just saying that it's been 10+ years now since they parted ways, so maybe it's time to let go ...

I mean the GN'R that was Axl + Slash + Duff + Izzy + Steven is just gone and it's not going to come back ...

Why are you people telling to "let go of the fucking PAST"? Why should we? We should just ignore our favorite band?
Can't we just like the old and new GN'R, or can we only like the new?

That's not what I meant Makane, sorry if I hurted you beer

I'm just saying that your favorit band has changed a lot. You know, it's boring when people call GN'R "Axl's solo project", or "Nu GN'R", or call the guys in the band "hired hands" that don't have a voice and shit ...

Axl does seem a lot happier onstage nowadays, so I guess he's happy within this line-up right ? They gave the feeling of being a band, when the "classic" GN'R looked more (to me) like isolated guys on the same stage.

Hope you get me people, english isn't my language beer
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 03:44:48 AM by Rourke? » Logged

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2006, 02:31:59 PM »

take him or leave him. hes a'ight

robinfinckfan
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2006, 08:17:35 PM »

robin rules smoking

can't wait to see him in a guitar magazine

his customs kick ass beer
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2006, 10:59:46 AM »

Robin is awesome, I can't wait for Guitar World to do a cover story on Robin, Ron,  and Richard.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2006, 02:24:36 PM »

His writing for the tracks we have seen so far is amazing.

TWAT is a master piece and Robin has written the majority of it. Absolutely amazing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: