Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:54:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  UK tour bringing new setlist changes?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK tour bringing new setlist changes?  (Read 21357 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2006, 07:40:03 PM »

I truly think if it didn't have the N-Word (and to lesser extent, Iraqies and gays bashing), it'd be considered one of their best songs. It's probably top 10 for me (without making a list, I'm kinda assuming it is - if not it's close)

I agree. The way it's sung works well with the Acoustic chords.  He gets on Iranians not Iraqis for the record.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2006, 08:40:12 PM »

Once the album hits, and people embrace it as we know they will, I think "Better" will make a killer opener.  Dark stage, opening riff starts, Axl's falsetto vocals, then the lights blow up just as the guitar kicks in with "The hardest part / this troubled heart..."

A great entrance, overall.  In the meantime, though, Jungle works just fine for me.
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2006, 08:51:42 PM »

Like every huge fan in here, I would love to see more new songs integrated into the set list.  However, this current set list changes as much as most tours.  They change 2-4 songs up a night and it has evolved a bit since the beginning of the tour.

I would imagine that the set list will change a bit more in the fall and I would have to assume that if the CD is released, that will start the mixing in of more and more new tunes as the album takes off.

With that said, I really don't think Axl will play One in a Million live ever again. 
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2006, 08:57:37 PM »

Sure, we can all name some damn good openers....ie: NT, ISE, as much as I like RNDTH, most of the audience isn't as big of fan of it as I am, .....but when it comes down to it, WTTJ is really the best opening IMO

The opening notes build up the crowd, and when Axl screams....mayhem begins  peace
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2006, 09:03:52 PM »

those 3 as starters live kicks major ass
on cd i usually skip those

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2006, 09:24:46 PM »

its turned into almost the 100% rehash tour

why no new songs?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2006, 09:42:16 PM »

sleeping

ungh uh mmmm, oh sorry

has there been any couple of days when a setlist bitch thread doesn't pop up? hihi peace

Sorry but I don't understand why there's an anti-criticism mind on this board, everyone can share his ideas ! People are not forced to bless everything GN'R do.

It's normal people are not happy when GN'R play only one new song at a show, it's better than saying: "do you prefer GN'R do nothing" or saying "you'are bitching but kids are dying in the world fuckhead".

-----------

Back to the topic, I think it was cool when the band opened with Perfect Crime or Nightrain, but WTTJ imo is the best opener too  ok But ISE following WTTJ is not my cup of tea, it would re-warm the crowd if it was played at the middle of the set   Smiley

We would make excuses for Axl to do anything on this board. Seriously, whether he plays a mad show, comes on 2 hours late or walks off stage well have something good to say about it. Hell, someone has to in this world.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2006, 10:20:58 PM »

I truly think if it didn't have the N-Word (and to lesser extent, Iraqies and gays bashing), it'd be considered one of their best songs. It's probably top 10 for me (without making a list, I'm kinda assuming it is - if not it's close)

I agree. The way it's sung works well with the Acoustic chords.? He gets on Iranians not Iraqis for the record.

Hahahah yea...mini Iran or spread some fucking disease... wooops.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
nastyjames
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2006, 11:21:38 PM »

Seems to me that the first 3 songs are the only ones played back to back then the whole set breaks down a bit with all the solos and stuff, enjoy it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: