Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:19:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Finck doing scom solos (good or bad)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finck doing scom solos (good or bad)  (Read 19270 times)
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2006, 01:28:13 PM »

Its not Robin's fault that the band hasn't released any music. You don't think it frustrates the new guys that they have written 3 albums worth of material and Axl won't let them play it?
Why stay in this band if they are feeling frustrated ?

Slash was great, but that was a long, long time ago.

Slash is still greater than Finck...

I'll download it !
makane
Legend

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2006, 01:30:58 PM »

In some areas yes, but could you imagine Slash playing Robins parts ie. in NIN?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2006, 07:53:54 PM »

Its not Robin's fault that the band hasn't released any music. You don't think it frustrates the new guys that they have written 3 albums worth of material and Axl won't let them play it?
I believe that they agree with Axl about not releasing the material before the right time.  and it doesn`t depend exclusively on Axl and the rest of the band  Wink

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2006, 07:30:40 AM »

When I saw Robin 4 years ago he sucked for the most part..? No idea what he sounds like now... From the sounds of it, the band would be better without him.

EDIT: Maybe they shouldn't even play that song...  VR don't wanna play songs that are too "Axl".  Well SCOM is definately a "Slash" song.   
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 07:32:59 AM by tomass74 » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2006, 07:44:55 AM »

When I saw Robin 4 years ago he sucked for the most part..  No idea what he sounds like now... From the sounds of it, the band would be better without him.

EDIT: Maybe they shouldn't even play that song...  VR don't wanna play songs that are too "Axl".  Well SCOM is definately a "Slash" song.   

VR isn't GNR, GNR is GNR.  SCOM is definately a "GNR" song.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 08:18:15 AM »

When I saw Robin 4 years ago he sucked for the most part..? No idea what he sounds like now... From the sounds of it, the band would be better without him.

EDIT: Maybe they shouldn't even play that song...? VR don't wanna play songs that are too "Axl".? Well SCOM is definately a "Slash" song.? ?

VR isn't GNR, GNR is GNR.? SCOM is definately a "GNR" song.

I'm just saying that the song is carried by Slash's classic riff and solos.. The guitarwork will forever be criticized.  Doesn't Axl have 3 albums of other shit to play?

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 10:15:43 AM »

In some areas yes, but could you imagine Slash playing Robins parts ie. in NIN?

Ah, but Slash doesn't need to play Robin's parts. That's the point.  hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 11:01:40 AM »

robins parts in NIN were mostly written by trent reznor. no solos in there, only power chords.
i'm not a huge robin finck fan, strangely enough i loved him during his NIN period.
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2006, 11:29:08 AM »

I have never liked Finck as a lead guitarist and he will never reach the same level as Slash.? I've said it time and time again that Finck is better suited for NIN.? In my opinion, they should ditch him and just have Fortus on rhythm guitar and Thal on lead guitar.? I never understood having 3 guitarists, just seems like a waste.? Just goes to show how valuable Slash really was to GNR...
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2006, 07:41:10 PM »

terrible

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2006, 11:18:04 PM »

That`s a Slash riff but it became a GNR song due to Axl. For the rest of the band it was a joke riff. The lyrics are quiet special to Axl and it`s probably their most famous song so they enough reasons (and much more important than "finck fucked the solo"  Grin ) to play SCOM Wink VR don?t play song that are too AXL because scott can?t sing them  Wink

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2006, 01:50:45 AM »

EDIT: Maybe they shouldn't even play that song...? VR don't wanna play songs that are too "Axl".? Well SCOM is definately a "Slash" song.? ?
That`s a Slash riff but it became a GNR song due to Axl. For the rest of the band it was a joke riff. The lyrics are quiet special to Axl and it`s probably their most famous song so they enough reasons (and much more important than "finck fucked the solo"? Grin ) to play SCOM Wink VR don?t play song that are too AXL because scott can?t sing them? Wink
scom is as much slash as axl, the guitar playing from the mid solo to opening is killer... The intro grabs you instantly..
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2006, 03:01:05 AM »

Its blatantly obvious that Fortus and Thal are easily better guitar players and can cover Slash's solos with ease
I've heard fortus tank on NR too

I think some of you put fortus and finck up there like guitar gods..

Has Slash never missed a note ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2006, 04:04:42 AM »

Its blatantly obvious that Fortus and Thal are easily better guitar players and can cover Slash's solos with ease
I've heard fortus tank on NR too

I think some of you put fortus and finck up there like guitar gods..

Has Slash never missed a note ?

Of course he has, but even whacked out on drugs he could play the songs better than Finck. Plus he (co)wrote them in the first place.

Everyone praises Finck because Better is one of his songs. Well, congrats - its one song. And an average nu-metal one at that.

I almost wept with sheer frustration watching Finck at Hammersmith. Patience, SCOM, and the rest, he just fluffed it. An emotionless hired hand whos just there to throw rubbish shapes. His solos were pathetic too. Aguilera? That tuneless drivel before SCOM. If he played Baa Baa Black Sheep you'd all  saying he was the Ghost of Hendrix resurected.

It mustve been hard for those watching Paradise City at Wembley on the 30th knowing that NOT ONE prope Gunner was on that stage.

Unless Izzy was, then I'll stand corrected.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2006, 06:50:38 AM »

scom is as much slash as axl, the guitar playing from the mid solo to opening is killer... The intro grabs you instantly..
True. But Axl is in GnR and Slash ain?t  and SCOM is a GnR song. And I can?t imagine SCOM without Axl but we`ve seen SCOM without Slash and even not being as good as with Slash is still good.  ok

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2006, 08:51:21 AM »

True. But Axl is in GnR and Slash ain?t  and SCOM is a GnR song. And I can?t imagine SCOM without Axl but we`ve seen SCOM without Slash and even not being as good as with Slash is still good.  ok
i dont know dude... Robin's solo on that song is fucking amazing, the crowd is always very very into it.  Its one of the high points of the show when he stops his lil intro solo and belts out the opening riff.   Finck owns SCOM now, when I saw him play that solo right in front of me at the Hammerstein, I was like, "DUDE!  Why the fuck would anyone want Slash back after seeing this guy!?"
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2006, 01:54:45 PM »

i dont know dude... Robin's solo on that song is fucking amazing, the crowd is always very very into it.  Its one of the high points of the show when he stops his lil intro solo and belts out the opening riff.   Finck owns SCOM now, when I saw him play that solo right in front of me at the Hammerstein, I was like, "DUDE!  Why the fuck would anyone want Slash back after seeing this guy!?"
I respect your opinion but i perfer Slash playing SCOM solo. But i don?t want Slash back to play this solos. Finck is good enough to play them and not making me miss Slash  Smiley . And his solos on the new songs are amazing

jarvie_a
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2006, 06:54:56 PM »

I went to both the Hammersmith and Donnington gigs and I don't enjoy seeing or hearing this band playing this song. This is the only song i feel like this, I love seeing and hearing all the other 'classic' songs and enjoy the 'new' songs even more. I see GN' R 87-94 and GN' R post 94 as seperate bands, but bands that I both love. I don't like hearing/seeing SCOM played by the new band because to me, SCOM is Slash's song, more so than any other song in the GN'R back catalogue and I cringe when i see the new band play it. Don't get me wrong, they can play it great and all, but i just can't enjoy. I don't feel like this about any of the other songs, just SCOM. Does anyone else feel like this, or am I just weird?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2006, 04:26:18 PM »

True. But Axl is in GnR and Slash ain?t? and SCOM is a GnR song. And I can?t imagine SCOM without Axl but we`ve seen SCOM without Slash and even not being as good as with Slash is still good.? ok
i dont know dude... Robin's solo on that song is fucking amazing, the crowd is always very very into it.? Its one of the high points of the show when he stops his lil intro solo and belts out the opening riff.? ?Finck owns SCOM now, when I saw him play that solo right in front of me at the Hammerstein, I was like, "DUDE!? Why the fuck would anyone want Slash back after seeing this guy!?"

but if they introduced slash at hammerstein finck could have walked out no one would have even cared plus it would have been played by it's owner..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 03:09:05 AM »

this would be a better example to me why I think he has trouble playing it, more the mid solo then the intro on here.. it just sounds really off,  on and off

paris

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tz0SH8KyzBk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: