Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:12:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Rolling Stone - The Axl Rose Edict
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone - The Axl Rose Edict  (Read 19876 times)
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2007, 05:18:38 AM »

^my momma sure is purdy Smiley

rofl

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2007, 06:40:14 AM »

If Axl had CC Deville laying down his riffs, We more than likely wouldn't be on here worshipping him today. remember that!

you dont know that.

this is a stupid fucking argument.

and its turning into a whether or not this band should be called Guns N Roses.?

Its 2007, I dont give a fuck or even want to talk about Slash or Duff.? ? I dont need to remember shit.? They aren't in the band, they left.? I dont give a flying fuck about what happened 20 years ago.? ?It doesn't matter now.? ?

Exaclty. I like Slash and Duff, but they have a band now, and it isn't named Guns N' Roses.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2007, 07:59:45 AM »

Rolling Stone approves, but some of you fuckers (You know who you are) can't?
they live in the past and they wont back to present soon, I guess Roll Eyes

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2007, 08:22:59 AM »

I could give a rats ass what RS thinks.

This is GNFR with or without their consent, they lost all credibility when in a Tragically Hip review (for Day by Night)  they went on to say "this is Why Blue Rodeo continues to be the best band in Canada".

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2007, 08:41:10 AM »

Rolling Stone approves, but some of you fuckers (You know who you are) can't?

It's one insignificnat person who works in RS that thinks like that.....and if he said otherwise you'd be up his ass Huh
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

What I think is funny is that RS approves and a bunch of people treat it like the Bible, but when they say something bad about GNR, some of these same people are trashing the magazine.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2007, 03:11:44 PM »

If Axl had CC Deville laying down his riffs, We more than likely wouldn't be on here worshipping him today. remember that!

you dont know that.

and its turning into a whether or not this band should be called Guns N Roses.?

Its 2007, I dont give a fuck or even want to talk about Slash or Duff.? ? I dont need to remember shit.? They aren't in the band, they left.? I dont give a flying fuck about what happened 20 years ago.? ?It doesn't matter now.? ?

U do realize that what happened 20 years ago is the whole reason Axl is around today right?

U DO need to remember the history and u do need to give credit where it is deserved.

I support the NEW GNR and I like the new band, but people like u who continously try to rewrite history and try to make the old band insignificant as if Axl did all this shit on his own make me sick and make it impossible for me to love the new band as much I want to.

Its like u have no comprehension of music or what it takes to make a song at all.   Was Axl fucking singing acapella on all the songs?  Were all the songs piano and Axl's vocals?  Did Axl hum all the guitar riffs and solos to Slash and Izzy? NO he did NOT so what the old band did with Axl 20 years ago is extremely important cause without what they did 20 years ago there would be NO Axl Rose Today and there would be no Slash,Izzy,Duff,Steven,Matt,Dizzy TODAY in the form that we know them.

U can love the new band more than the old if u want but DONT discredit the original members who pulled their share of the weight and were just as responsible for GNR being one of the greatest bands EVER.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2007, 03:51:24 PM »

jarmo | 2/2/2007, 1:56 am EST

What a wonderful topic to examine. After reading all of the feebback I think it?s quite equivocal that there are two schools of thought developing here. One group believes that GNR is AXL ROSE, that Axl is an artist that has been changing what GNR means throughout the span of the band?s career. These folks invision Axl as a painter, almost as if he conjured up a Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven in his first painting and now his next painting is the new GNR?Most people consider the folks in this first school to be delusional and neurotic, and they are.

The second school lives on planet earth. Guns N Roses is dead is what they believe deep down inside. You talk about authenticity? Having someone else play Slash?s material every night is musical plagiarism. Even when they play new material, it?s still not authentic to call this new band Guns N Roses because the only reason people show up is to hear the original bands material. I concur with the Axl-lites that an incredible album will give this new band some legitimacy back, but the 10 year delay speaks volumes to the fact that Axl can not deliver the goods. Only ignoramus individuals could possible believe that Axl has just been holding onto the best album ever; if it was good in 2002-2006, he would have released it.

So here we are, Axl?s back in the studio putting the ?finishin touches? on Chinese Democracy, once again. It?s 2007 and the world doesn?t care. Guns N Roses is at best a special on VH1 Classic at this point. I?ve seen this new band so many times and I would trade the last 6 years for just one song live from the original group, and most people feel this way. What I don?t get is how people here claim this new band has chemistry, please, their live shows have no energy anymore.

Axl Rose is such the cliche of what happens to an aging rock star. Seriously, back in 2000-2001 there was such promise, but fucking 6 years later and still nothing?!?!?!? It?s a fucking joke. Fucking IRS is going to be on the album? That song is a shit show that Axl could have written in 3 days with the old band. Think about this people, you wake up everyday, go to work and get shit done?Axl?s had 3650 days and he can?t even complete 13-15 tracks? Fucking a.

/jarmo

Was this really you who wrote this comment jarmo??  Huh

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2007, 04:03:31 PM »

you dont know that.

and its turning into a whether or not this band should be called Guns N Roses. 

Its 2007, I dont give a fuck or even want to talk about Slash or Duff.    I dont need to remember shit.  They aren't in the band, they left.  I dont give a flying fuck about what happened 20 years ago.   It doesn't matter now.   

U do realize that what happened 20 years ago is the whole reason Axl is around today right?

U DO need to remember the history and u do need to give credit where it is deserved.

I support the NEW GNR and I like the new band, but people like u who continously try to rewrite history and try to make the old band insignificant as if Axl did all this shit on his own make me sick and make it impossible for me to love the new band as much I want to.

Its like u have no comprehension of music or what it takes to make a song at all.   Was Axl fucking singing acapella on all the songs?  Were all the songs piano and Axl's vocals?  Did Axl hum all the guitar riffs and solos to Slash and Izzy? NO he did NOT so what the old band did with Axl 20 years ago is extremely important cause without what they did 20 years ago there would be NO Axl Rose Today and there would be no Slash,Izzy,Duff,Steven,Matt,Dizzy TODAY in the form that we know them.

U can love the new band more than the old if u want but DONT discredit the original members who pulled their share of the weight and were just as responsible for GNR being one of the greatest bands EVER.

Awesome post man. Agree 100 percent.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2007, 04:11:05 PM »

No one gains by the whole Old v. New debate. I don't see why everyone involved can't? just embrace and celebrate the GN'R history of the past- and give the due respect to the former members (as well as support their current projects) and the insane success they achieved between 87-93 they deserve- while at the same time getting excited about the new band and be pleased that in this day and age you can still go by a ticket to a GN'R show, read about GN'R in Rolling Stone, hear about them on MTV, VH-1, and perhaps, maybe, fingers crossed, if you're good, buy a new GN'R album. Life is not THAT bad in GN'R world- but everyone (both supporters of the new band as well as the old) seems to always focus on the negative...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2007, 04:18:31 PM »

No, I don't post on RollingStone.com OR Velvet Rope.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2007, 04:21:13 PM »

I dont have to do anything.   Yes, we all konw what happened 20 years ago and its been discussed to death.   This really isn't about 1987 anymore.

That is your problem.  You are taking it way too seriously.   Like a band because its what you like, don't let other people's opinions influence that.  This is about music.. songs.  If you are seriously sickened by mine or likeminded posts, get yourself some help.    peace

I don't discredit anyone or try to rewrite history.  I know what happened and that was then, this is now.   GNR is my favorite band, but yesterdays got nothin for me.    its not that I dont give credit where it is due.. I've already done that and I'm moving on.   

Enjoy living in 1988  peace
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2007, 04:25:22 PM »

Hey now at least an album and a LP was released by 1988.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 04:27:38 PM by BLS-Pride » Logged

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2007, 05:19:43 PM »

No, I don't post on RollingStone.com OR Velvet Rope.

/jarmo

Oh.. ok... thanks for clearing it up... it  just might be kinda weird and annoying having other ppl writing in your behalf... Undecided

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2007, 06:22:56 PM »

Why when people speak of GNR they say 88?

the Illusions are my favorite albums so I guess i am stuck in 91 or 92.

I support New GNR, I support Velvet Revolver but I am sick of people on here acting as if Axl is was and always will be by himself GNR.

Why cant new fans just give the old band their props, say I respect,appreciate and admire the old bands contribution and I am ready to see what the new band can contribute and let that be that instead of the whole attitude that Axl carried the original band members to greatness and the attitude that Axl basically could've had anyone in GNR and still achieved all the stuff GNR achieved. It isn't fair to the old members and it isnt fair to fans like myself that appreciate both the old and new band.

I love the new band but I hate constantly having to defend the old band against New fans with no respect at all for the original members.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2007, 07:35:29 PM »

I support New GNR, I support Velvet Revolver but I am sick of people on here acting as if Axl is was and always will be by himself GNR.
Axl alone himself is not GNR.  GNR is Axl, Robin, Dizzy, Tommy, Richard, Ron, Brain, Frank, and Chris.   I dont really see how Velvet Revolver factors in there, but leave it to you to bring them into this.

Why cant new fans just give the old band their props, say I respect,appreciate and admire the old bands contribution and I am ready to see what the new band can contribute and let that be that instead of the whole attitude that Axl carried the original band members to greatness and the attitude that Axl basically could've had anyone in GNR and still achieved all the stuff GNR achieved. It isn't fair to the old members and it isnt fair to fans like myself that appreciate both the old and new band.

I love the new band but I hate constantly having to defend the old band against New fans with no respect at all for the original members.
I have given the old band props.  Years and years ago when it was actually happening, in fact.  What does this have to do with today?  Nothing.   Lets move on now.  The old vs new shit is tired and old.  THe old band was fucking great, but thats not what Guns N Roses is in 2007.   It gets irritating to see Slash constantly dragged into these topics.

Therewasabetterirs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2007, 07:54:53 PM »

releasing an album without slash is old but thats how it is.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2007, 08:18:27 PM »

Axl alone himself is not GNR.? GNR is Axl, Robin, Dizzy, Tommy, Richard, Ron, Brain, Frank, and Chris.? ?I dont really see how Velvet Revolver factors in there, but leave it to you to bring them into this.

Yeah how unlogical to bring up a band that has 2 original members of Guns N Roses in a discussion about Guns N Roses Roll Eyes Or to restate this, a band that has more original members of Guns N Roses than the current Guns N Roses.

I have given the old band props.? Years and years ago when it was actually happening, in fact.? What does this have to do with today?? Nothing.? ?Lets move on now.?

It has everything to do with today, everything that happened in those years are the only reasons you're here today on this message board, the music released by that band all those years ago are the reasons we all are here. Its what we all enjoy and there's no reason to ignore it like its not worth anything or no longer good anymore.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:20:16 PM by vietnow138 » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2007, 08:27:23 PM »

Yeah how unlogical to bring up a band that has 2 original members of Guns N Roses in a discussion about Guns N Roses Roll Eyes Or to restate this, a band that has more original members of Guns N Roses than the current Guns N Roses.
There is a VR section on this board you know, maybe you guys should find it.  ok  That is where discussion on them belong.  Not here.   you aren't stating anything new by telling me Axl is the only original member of GNR in the band now.   We know this already, so what?

It has everything to do with today, everything that happened in those years are the only reasons you're here today on this message board, the music released by that band all those years ago are the reasons we all are here. Its what we all enjoy and there's no reason to ignore it like its not worth anything or no longer good anymore.
Are Slash or Duff or Matt or any of those guys in GNR now?  No.   Again, go find the VR section.  Plenty to go discuss there I would imagine.   I want to talk about GNR 2007.  You dont see me posting in the VR section.   i dont go to the VR section and talk about how great Robin Finck is or how much of a sellout Slash is, or how much better a frontman, songwriter, singer and overall musican Axl Rose is compared to Scott Weiland.   Likewise, don't come here and expect sympathy for the guys who aren't in the band any longer.   They all chose to not be here and as a result you can go discuss them somewhere else.

I dont know why I bother debating this with someone with a slash avatar.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:29:05 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2007, 08:46:46 PM »

But the "old" Guns N' Roses released material and did interviews and acted like a band. Maybe when this new version releases something and starts acting like a band and doing interviews and all that stuff bands do it will be easier to relate to them as Guns N' Roses. The new band doesn't have a persona of their own yet. They tour playing mostly the old band's songs.  It's hard as a fan trying to accept this line-up when they seem to be banking on the past.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: