Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:40:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  If Guns go on tour again in the USA with or without CD's release
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Guns go on tour again in the USA with or without CD's release  (Read 21044 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2007, 02:51:53 PM »

Didn't we already establish that we don't know exactly why the album isn't out?

Do you wanna keep going round and round in circles?
no we havnt. im not asking why the album isnt out yet. im asking why they cant release the album before touring again? Everyone justifies more touring because they havnt played in Africa yet. Are we serious here?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
elmir
VIP

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2007, 02:54:46 PM »

Everyone justifies more touring because they havnt played in Africa yet. Are we serious here?

no....if touring is all we can get from the most unpredictable icon in rock....then that's what we'll have to take with open arms....face it....the fact that we got 12 months' worth of gigs is a minor miracle in the gnr world....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »

because it encourages sales, longevity on the charts, and future income....the more products you have on the market, the better the chances of increasing your income....hence the basic logic of touring behind an album....

i undertsand that. i phrased the question wrong. Why do they have to tour all these other places before dropping the album?

maybe...just maybe...we should give GOD the benefit of the doubt here....perhaps things really did get out of hand on many levels which he couldn't control...and then inevitably delayed the record....

i guess. but im fearing the next update to be what this thread is discussing. saying how they are back album news will be coming shortly then announcing another tour.

thats what im fearing. i dont mind silence but i do take issue with it if the next thing out of there mouth will be the announcement of a tour without a release date.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
elmir
VIP

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2007, 03:01:06 PM »

i undertsand that. i phrased the question wrong. Why do they have to tour all these other places before dropping the album?

1. Merck clearly stated the band needed a cash injection.

2. a band which has been "dead" for 15 years cannot just re-appear and expect the world to give it this massive cheer and a heart warming welcome....there are new fans to be captured...old fans to be re-excited...that old feeling of being in a band needs to come up again....new generations....the band needs to be re-introduced...slowly, rumors need to be squashed.....and so on....in summary...call it PR....

i guess. but im fearing the next update to be what this thread is discussing. saying how they are back album news will be coming shortly then announcing another tour.

thats what im fearing. i dont mind silence but i do take issue with it if the next thing out of there mouth will be the announcement of a tour without a release date.

things could be worse....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2007, 03:06:19 PM »

Louisville, KY for one. They've never been here that I know of.

But I have decided when they come to Chicago again I'll make the drive out, unless they come to Indy which is alot closer. I rolled up there for Van Halen a couple weeks ago and it turned out to be one of the greatest shows I've ever seen.

If you guys can ever get that arena built, The "Ville" would be perfect. 4 major population centers with in 100 miles. If not, Lexington is ideal.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2007, 03:07:35 PM »

then that's what we'll have to take with open arms....

Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by "having" to take in another tour with open arms, but I certainly won't be taking in another tour with an open wallet! ? Tongue
elmir
VIP

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2007, 03:09:49 PM »

Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by "having" to take in another tour with open arms, but I certainly won't be taking in another tour with an open wallet!   Tongue

well, if that's all they have to give us....
as a die hard fan....i'll take it....maybe not to the extreme and overspend....but i'll take it...

marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2007, 04:19:40 PM »

I would only go to a new GNR tour show if there was a new album / or if they play 50% new material. Maybe if they played more materials off UYI like Estranged or Civil War or Yesterdays. It's time for some progress - if no new album, then a tour with a newer setlist.

I went to the Bruce Springsteen concert last week at MSG and he was unbelievable - but he didn't even play Born in the USA or Human Touch or Secret Garden. Practically 60% of the show was new material. My friend and I didn't even know the songs but half the fans there were singing along and the songs were surprisingly great. Bruce Springsteen looks great at 58/59 and there's no reason why Axl at 45 can't have a viable career by then, whether he has this band, a new band, the original lineup (I Hope) or a mixture of everybody from all his bands (30+ people comprised of 5 drummers, 15 guitarists, 2 bassists, 2 keyboardists and 3 backup singers)?

Otherwise I have 30+ shows on DVD and YOu Tube has plenty of excellent footage from the 2006 tours to satisfy my appetite for GNR. Better than paying $100 for something I can watch for free now. I think this is attitude that most GNR fans should have if Axl continues to elude the new album and fails to confirm or deny its existence and release date.

MNW

P.S. Younggunner needs a bowl of Chicken Soup. He's got some serious GNR fever.

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »

They should really consider playing:

Nashville, TN
Louisville, KY
Lexington, KY
New Orleans, Louisiana
St. Louis, Missouri
Phoenix, AZ
Seattle, WA
Washington D.C.
Indianapolis, IN

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2007, 04:27:55 PM »

Didn't we already establish that we don't know exactly why the album isn't out?

Do you wanna keep going round and round in circles?
no we havnt. im not asking why the album isnt out yet. im asking why they cant release the album before touring again? Everyone justifies more touring because they havnt played in Africa yet. Are we serious here?

Why shouldn't we be serious. GNR are popular outside of the USA. In theory GNR should play every place they can to re-ignite fan support - then drop the album. 

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2007, 04:33:46 PM »

i hope they play in every nook and cranny so that everyone in the world gets to hear them play AFD one last time...who cares if CD is not out, its all about the people at the shows!!!! GNR RulZZZ!

anyone who thinks CD should be out before they play again is a hater. Haters stop hating. GNr are about the people and giving them a chance to hear AFD one last time. Your not a real fan if you want that album before the next tour. Or you might b but your a selfish one. If you have that mindset may all your posts be deleted. This is GNR. This isnt burger king.  If some  guy in south bumblefuk is rockin out to a gnr live show then thats all that matters \.
never try using sarcasm again.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »

Hmm from my selfish point of view and own convenience I have to say that as long as they tour Europe again ( specially Spain ) I don?t care about the Americans.

Sorry fellow Americans, I don?t mean to sound rude , just a bit selfish  Grin .

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2007, 04:54:42 PM »

Hey were all selfish, I'd like to see several LA and SanFrancisco dates although these are not "new" places they havent been.? For me every show is unique always great music and plenty of friends to make and meet, so I would love a tour, album or not. And it's not like everyone in GNR is simply sitting around, Bumble's been out there doing things. I was lucky enough to see Hookes & Blow and talk to Dizzy on sunday here in LA...anyone who wants to hear a little GnR here in LA can usually find H&B or Big Ball Stars or whoever Dizzy's with nearly each week.? I mean life continues , I think things are happening on all fronts but I dont really think we are entitled to or even should get news/updates, and to continually focus on the record is a waste of time. Imagine if you are a fan who got a chance to meet some GnR personell, are you going to repeatedly ask about CD? Dont you think that would be boring.? As always I'm impressed with Jarmo's patience: this thread was about where to tour? Ok maybe not so interesting but why again it has to become a bitch fest I cant understand.
thegame2000
Headliner

Charlie Brown is excited about GNR too.

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2007, 05:09:22 PM »

I'd like to see Guns play Omaha, Nebraska.  We've got a large venue that's only maybe 5 years old.  We've hosted McCartney, the Stones, U2, Coldplay, Kid Rock, several country acts... sell-outs aren't usually a problem.  It might be too big for Guns right now, actually.

Here's my take-- I've seen GNR twice now, in Minneapolis in '02 and in Ames, Iowa in '06.  Roughly six hour drives both times.  If they tour again without an album, I don't think I'll be going, unless they play Omaha.  I see no need to travel (and pay for a hotel) to see a show I've seen twice.

So basically, to quote marknroses-- "I would only go to a new GNR tour show if there was a new album / or if they play 50% new material. Maybe if they played more materials off UYI like Estranged or Civil War or Yesterdays. It's time for some progress - if no new album, then a tour with a newer setlist."

I've got Springsteen tickets for November 2 in St. Paul (another 6 hour drive).  I know it will be worth it.

Why do I have suddenly have the urge to read 1984?
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2007, 05:32:53 PM »

louisiana need to see gnr again!  i had tix to the 2002 tour fiasco - only to be cancelled 2 weeks before.  axl & co. need to redeem themselves down here in the south.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2007, 07:17:22 PM »

They should really consider playing:

Nashville, TN
Louisville, KY
Lexington, KY
New Orleans, Louisiana
St. Louis, Missouri
Phoenix, AZ
Seattle, WA
Washington D.C.
Indianapolis, IN

Hell yeah! I could realistically make 4 of those shows.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2007, 07:53:25 PM »

Philadelphia
OR
Camden / Atlantic City

I saw them in NYC several times and Meadowlands but to see them at the Spectrum or Center would be great.

There is nothing like seeing them live whatever the setlist!

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2007, 08:12:22 PM »

God, I just can't see them touring the U.S. without the album again.  Will I see them?  Of course.  Will I be able to convince friends to come along?  Probably not. 

I just can't see it happening.   no

But, if the album's out, I'll see them anywhere and everywhere, and I'll have plenty of folks to join me.   beer

(Philly would be sweet)  The drives from Delaware to Boston, NYC, and the Meadowlands are pretty long.....I'm the designated driver!  crying

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
axlmanatee
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »

First off thanks for making me laugh tonight guys with all the arguing.  St. Louis would be nice since I just moved here, if anyone on the forum is from the area maybe they can fill me in.  Are people here who are fans still upset about the riot? I know it's been a longtime I'm just curious.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2007, 10:11:16 PM »

Louisville or Lexington KENTUCKY!!!
They need to come to KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've made enough people GN'R fans to fill any stadium they come to over here!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: