Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:26:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who Will Interview Axl Rose? The Fans? Post Your Question...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Will Interview Axl Rose? The Fans? Post Your Question...  (Read 19346 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2008, 09:00:16 AM »

I'd like to ask him if he remembers anything about the Glasgow gig in Scotland, or if it just blended the other nights in the UK tour? It was special to us because it was the first GN'R gig ever as well as a fantastic performance. It must be difficult to remember what show was what when you go on tour.

yup, axl once said, tokio do you know where the fuck you are ?? and hey were in kyoto... or something

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2008, 09:01:24 AM »

I'd like to ask him if he remembers anything about the Glasgow gig in Scotland, or if it just blended the other nights in the UK tour? It was special to us because it was the first GN'R gig ever as well as a fantastic performance. It must be difficult to remember what show was what when you go on tour.

yup, axl once said, tokio do you know where the fuck you are ?? and hey were in kyoto... or something

Osaka. I think.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2008, 09:42:06 AM »

My choice would be Howard Stern.  He really does have excellent interviewing skills.

Axl can (and will) do whatever he wants though.  

Personally, I can't picture an interview taking place.  peace
Stern would be the best.  That's more of a rock n' roll show, with a rock n' roll audience.  And he doesn't ask the same old tired questions.  He's handled Scott Weiland and Slash well in the past without bashing the other, so even though I'm sure there'd be questions about Slash I think he could find a way to not offend Axl.  He's usually real respectful to his guests despite his tough line of questioning.  It would all be up to Axl though, not sure he'd want to go through with it.  I really can't see him or the band on Leno or Letterman.  Maybe Kimmel, at that outdoor stage for a performance.  Kurt Loder, if he even works for MTV anymore, would be good.  He'd get more of the technical stuff, and Axl has a history with him.  Whereas Stern would be asking Axl about the chicks he's banged over the years, which sometimes can be a stress reliever.  He might rather talk about that than Slash, and Howard would gladly go there.

My vote would be for Stern.  It'll be interesting to see where this goes.  He's gotta talk to someone at sometime, right?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2008, 09:55:31 AM »

Larry King for credibility and straight talk.

But more likely to see Kurt Loder.

For fucking hell of it, have Izzy interview him.  It'd be more relaxed, and honest.

Please, Larry King is the worst.  I can see Axl walking out on Larry's interview because he'd ask too many questions about Slash.  To boot, Larry is clueless when it comes this kind of stuff.  Some of his interviews are just embarrasing to watch.  A good choice would be someone that can speak intelligently to Axl because they've done their research.  David Fricke is the right man for print.  Although I must admit, to the person above that mentioned Oprah, that would be very interesting to watch! 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2008, 10:18:39 AM »

Osaka. I think.

peace

i always laugh my ass off when i hear that, his voice on that version is just all over the place

"i wanna hear you scream tokyo! .. osaka" hihi
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2008, 10:25:21 AM »

Osaka. I think.

peace

i always laugh my ass off when i hear that, his voice on that version is just all over the place

"i wanna hear you scream tokyo! .. osaka" hihi

It is pretty funny. But I think Axl's voise is choice during that show. not as good as now but I think he kicks fuckin arse at that gig.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »

Holy shit! That's quite the list!

Jarmo I took out that question. So hopefully this will not be deleted.

A lot of shit happens in 1 year of anyone?s life... a ton of shit has happened in 17 years of Axl's life, GNR, the music world, and a the people who have come and gone in his life. As fans we love to know as much as we can about the celebrities you admire.

There are many other things I left out that I would like to know. Some are music related, some personal.

The problem I see with any interview that Axl will give is that I am sure he will demand to see the questions he is asked before the interview to make sure there no surprises. So everything will be nice and boring.

Aside from the questions I posted before I would like to ask:

There have been a million rumors in the past of when CD was coming out. Was there one particular reoccurring reason as to why it would be postponed or delayed or where there different reasons every time? What was it or what were they? Was it management, members, the record company, you?

What Deal does GNR have currently with the label? Do you have any obligations or commitments left on your contract for future albums (if so how many) or will CD fullfil the last commitment? Did you put any of your money into CD? If so how much? How did you get the record label to support this album for 17 years? Was there ever a threat to drop you from the label? How did you get around that? How much money was actually spent on the album? Who was pressuring you to complete this album? Why?

At the end did you feel you rushed to complete CD or do you feel when it was finished you were given all the time you needed? Looking back what would you have done differently to speed up the process if anything? Will there be another GNR album after CD? If so do you anticipate it will take another 17 years? Do you think it is possible for you to complete an album in 1 or 2 years? If so what needs to happen?

What are you expectations with CD? How many copies do you think will sell? It is highly unlikely that in today?s world CD could outsell AFD or  the UYI records not because of the quality of music but because of downloading etc. How many copies need to sell for you to be happy? How many copies need to sell to make the record label happy? How many copies need to sell to make a profit?  Is this your best work? If so why? How is this album different than the rest? What is your favorite song on the record, and why? What is your favorite song you have ever written, and why?

Are you going make any videos? Will they be epics like DC, NR, estranged, or just regular videos like WTTJ, SCOM, etc.

What is going on with the lawsuit pertaining to the GNR name? Has it been resolved? If the case is not resolved are Slash and Duff entitled to royalties under the GNR entity if they are still considered owners of the name with you.

What does GNR mean to you? Has the meaning changed over the years? If so in what way? Will it continue to change? Who is GNR? Is Izzy GNR? Slash? Steven? Matt? BH? Frank? Is Robin GNR or NIN?

Your voice sounds different from 2000-2008. Your voice now seems more like the pitch and range we have always heard. Did something change or was it that your pipes were a little rusty, or perhaps stage freight from not performing in front of large audiences in a long time?

What is the fascination with crosses about? Is it a religious thing or a fashion statement? Who designed the necklace and cross you are always wearing these days? Does it have a special meaning? How much did it cost?

When you released Oh My God, was GNR ready to release CD or other material at that time or was that never the plan at that stage?

How did the Las Vegas New Years show come about? What was the status of the band and material which you had written? Why do this show and not tour or release material at this stage. Was it a warm up show or practice to see people's reaction to the new members, or trying to get everyone?s feet wet? Slash tried to get into that show because he wanted to see the band from a fans perspective, but was not let in. Do you know anything about that or did you have anything to do with it? If so why not let him in? Would you let him in now or would you be opposed to letting him and other former members from watching a GNR show?

Do you regret getting the AFD cross tattoo on your forearm? You once said (paraphrasing) I will never regret this tattoo because it is a symbol that will remind me of a specific time in my life, of what was going on where I was and the people in it. Will you get a new tattoo symbolizing this stage of your life? If so what will it be? If not why not? What new tattoos have you gotten?

You will have millions of supporters and sell out concerts around the world, but there will always be critics about the music and the new members, do you ignore them, do they bother you, or do you engage them?

You also have fans that are very supportive of whatever you do. Fans that have stuck with you through everything. However, you also have fans that are supportive of this band but are still loyal to the original members as well as you. Do you ever consider putting your differences aside with the former members for the sake of some of those fans to one day perform again together for the fans? Although it may be difficult to put bygons aside and swallow pride... is that too much for the fans to ask from you?

Finally, if there is no reunion for the time being will you perform with original members at the RRHOF?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2008, 12:22:57 PM »

I moved this here since some of you wanna talk about reunions and other Dead Horse topics.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: