Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl is Guns n Roses
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl is Guns n Roses  (Read 13506 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2003, 10:07:30 PM »

Kickass post, jr.   ok
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2003, 12:32:17 AM »

I am not dissing the old members though.

Well it seems to me that you are dissing the ex-members, because you're giving Axl 100% of the credit for GNR's success to date, which is ever so slightly unrealistic and groupie-like.

Axl truly is a unique singer... I have yet to hear another rock singer that sounds quite like him, but to say anyone can "duplicate Slash and Izzy's shit on guitar" is a huge insult.

That must mean that five minutes after picking up a guitar for the first time, everyone should be able to nail Slash's SCOM solo, the bone-crunching Mr. Brownstone riffage, the interplay between the two guitars on Nightrain and the mastery of feedback control heard throughout most of Estranged.

What about the layers of riffs and lines heard in Locomotive, the highly emotive solos in November Rain, the sheer lunacy of the solos in songs such as Don't Damn Me and Perfect Crime. I suppose everyone and their uncle came up with the idea of rearranging the Godfather Theme into a rock instrumental before Slash did (yes, it was Slash's idea, not Axl's, which is probably what you would like to believe).

As for Izzy, what about his songwriting skills? Double Talking Jive, You Could Be Mine, Pretty Tied Up to name but a few of the countless tunes to which he contributed on the Illusion albums, not to mention the significant contribution he made on Appetite for Destruction. I don't think it is any coincidence that the original Guns N' Roses failed to deliver any original music following Izzy's departure.

Next time you listen to Appetite for Destruction, do yourself a favour, and listen to it through headphones. The constantly duelling guitars throughout the album (assuming you have a deep enough listening ear to get past the vocals) show that the efforts of Slash and Izzy are in no way to be sniffed at. The rythym lines put down by Duff and Steven drive the whole thing along, and provide a catalyst for the chemistry required for the band to work. That's right, the band. That's five members, not just one.

Yes I think this is the post that this thread should be end..
Nick83
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2003, 12:43:04 AM »

I am not dissing the old members though.

Well it seems to me that you are dissing the ex-members, because you're giving Axl 100% of the credit for GNR's success to date, which is ever so slightly unrealistic and groupie-like.

Axl truly is a unique singer... I have yet to hear another rock singer that sounds quite like him, but to say anyone can "duplicate Slash and Izzy's shit on guitar" is a huge insult.

That must mean that five minutes after picking up a guitar for the first time, everyone should be able to nail Slash's SCOM solo, the bone-crunching Mr. Brownstone riffage, the interplay between the two guitars on Nightrain and the mastery of feedback control heard throughout most of Estranged.

What about the layers of riffs and lines heard in Locomotive, the highly emotive solos in November Rain, the sheer lunacy of the solos in songs such as Don't Damn Me and Perfect Crime. I suppose everyone and their uncle came up with the idea of rearranging the Godfather Theme into a rock instrumental before Slash did (yes, it was Slash's idea, not Axl's, which is probably what you would like to believe).

As for Izzy, what about his songwriting skills? Double Talking Jive, You Could Be Mine, Pretty Tied Up to name but a few of the countless tunes to which he contributed on the Illusion albums, not to mention the significant contribution he made on Appetite for Destruction. I don't think it is any coincidence that the original Guns N' Roses failed to deliver any original music following Izzy's departure.

Next time you listen to Appetite for Destruction, do yourself a favour, and listen to it through headphones. The constantly duelling guitars throughout the album (assuming you have a deep enough listening ear to get past the vocals) show that the efforts of Slash and Izzy are in no way to be sniffed at. The rythym lines put down by Duff and Steven drive the whole thing along, and provide a catalyst for the chemistry required for the band to work. That's right, the band. That's five members, not just one.

I never said that "Axl was 100% responsible" for GNR's success.  However, I did say that without Axl, the rest of the boys wouldn't have made it.  Now, the success after they made it, does involve the other members, but without Axl they wouldn't have made it in the first place.  get it?

"That must mean that five minutes after picking up a guitar for the first time, everyone should be able to nail Slash's SCOM solo, the bone-crunching Mr. Brownstone riffage, the interplay between the two guitars on Nightrain and the mastery of feedback control heard throughout most of Estranged."

The above segment of your post shows how much of a  dumbfuck you are.  Nobody can pick up a guitar for the first time and play ANYTHING, unless they are some sort of super musical genius.

I said that any competant guitar player can duplicate Slash and Izzy's material on guitar.  In my life, I have seen countless guitarists play GNR material perfectly.  I guess you just haven't really been around many musicians.

"What about the layers of riffs and lines heard in Locomotive, the highly emotive solos in November Rain, the sheer lunacy of the solos in songs such as Don't Damn Me and Perfect Crime. I suppose everyone and their uncle came up with the idea of rearranging the Godfather Theme into a rock instrumental before Slash did (yes, it was Slash's idea, not Axl's, which is probably what you would like to believe)."

I guess you are totally unfamiliar with the recording process.  Have you ever heard Producers and Engineers?  have you ever been directly involved with the recording process?  Obviously not because you would know how serious the roles of Producer and Engineer are.  They are responsible for everything that you've mentioned in the above segment from your post.

And, the "rearranging the Godfather" theme example that you mentioned is very lame. Any decent guitarist can play the godfather theme.  Slash was just somebody that played it live. Only uninformed people like you think Slash is "the only guy that can play that!!!  Wow, Slash must be the best guitarist on earth!!".  Do you actually think Slash is special because of that? If so, then that officially confirmed the fact that you don't know shit, about anything.  

"As for Izzy, what about his songwriting skills? Double Talking Jive, You Could Be Mine, Pretty Tied Up to name but a few of the countless tunes to which he contributed on the Illusion albums, not to mention the significant contribution he made on Appetite for Destruction. I don't think it is any coincidence that the original Guns N' Roses failed to deliver any original music following Izzy's departure."

Axl brought the talent and intensity, which created the chemistry that inspired everything Izzy and Slash wrote.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2003, 03:09:34 AM »

but to say anyone can "duplicate Slash and Izzy's shit on guitar" is a huge insult.
Why is that an insult? it's the truth....but to invent it....that's another..... Wink
« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 03:10:03 AM by Nightfall » Logged

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2003, 11:38:43 AM »

I said that any competant guitar player can duplicate Slash and Izzy's material on guitar.  In my life, I have seen countless guitarists play GNR material perfectly.  I guess you just haven't really been around many musicians.

No you didn't. You said that anyone can "duplicate Slash and Izzy's shit on guitar", which is an insult. Of course a competent guitar player, such as myself, can play alot of GNR stuff, but not everyone is a competent guitar player. Get it? By the way, notice how I spelled "competent?" You might want to take that on board you "dumb fuck."

I guess you are totally unfamiliar with the recording process.  Have you ever heard Producers and Engineers?  have you ever been directly involved with the recording process?  Obviously not because you would know how serious the roles of Producer and Engineer are.  They are responsible for everything that you've mentioned in the above segment from your post.

I have heard of producers and engineers, and I am aware of their significant role within the recording process, but since when did it emerge that the producer and engineer told Izzy and Slash to fuck off so that they could play and record the guitars themselves? That is what you are implying here.

And, the "rearranging the Godfather" theme example that you mentioned is very lame. Any decent guitarist can play the godfather theme.  Slash was just somebody that played it live. Only uninformed people like you think Slash is "the only guy that can play that!!!  Wow, Slash must be the best guitarist on earth!!".  Do you actually think Slash is special because of that? If so, then that officially confirmed the fact that you don't know shit, about anything.  

There is a big difference between being able to rearrange a piece of music, and simply recreate it. My point about the Godfather theme was that Slash was the first guitarist to realise the notion of turning the well known theme into a rock instrumental. Name me someone who did it live before Slash. That involved rearranging it you fuckface, I don't recall hearing a squealing Les Paul belt out the theme during the any of the Godfather films. Obviously you don't know shit about anything.

And yes, part of the reason why Slash is highly respected is because of his Godfather Theme rendition. He wasn't nominated for a Grammy for it for nothing.

Axl brought the talent and intensity, which created the chemistry that inspired everything Izzy and Slash wrote.

Oh please  Roll Eyes Do you really tell yourself this? It doesn't even make sense. You're making it sound like everyone else in the band was completely incapable of anything before Axl came along. At least you begrudgingly accept that Slash and Izzy did actually have a significant composing contribution, and it wasn't 100% Axl, which is obviously what you want everyone to think.

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2003, 12:15:10 PM »

I will proudly admit to being a huge axl supporter... but to say axl was GnR is ridculous...

to say the producers and engineers are responsible for the layers of sound, is stupid... yes they had a hand in getting the right tones, and say 'yep that take is a keep" or "you don't need that extra overdub" or whatever

but slash came up with parts, Izzy had an infectious sense of song writing, Slash an undeniable unique sound, and approach... there was a chemistry there that can't be replaced...

Axl was never GnR and still isn't... I mean now he obviously calls the shots, but from interviews with the new members the new gnr is a collaborative process, just with axl in the Chairmen of the Board status...

Bottom line I think axl can take things to a new creative peak... but to say he was GnR is to be highly dilluted... this coming from a unconditional axl follower

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Nick83
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2003, 11:34:27 PM »

"No you didn't. You said that anyone can "duplicate Slash and Izzy's shit on guitar", which is an insult. Of course a competent guitar player, such as myself, can play alot of GNR stuff, but not everyone is a competent guitar player. Get it? By the way, notice how I spelled "competent?" You might want to take that on board you "dumb fuck."

How could you have interpreted the meaning of "anyone" as somebody that does not know how to play guitar?  Give me a fucking break.  You are exploiting that because you have ZERO weight in your argument, and you are falling, grasping onto whatever you can to try and save yourself before you hit the ground.  When one grasps onto shreds of meaningless garbage like yourself, it is obvious to everyone that your argument is over and you are just sticking around to save face.  But, you and I know that you are just digging yourself deeper and deeper.  

"I have heard of producers and engineers, and I am aware of their significant role within the recording process, but since when did it emerge that the producer and engineer told Izzy and Slash to fuck off so that they could play and record the guitars themselves? That is what you are implying here. "

Idiot.  Don't get sarcastic with me.  But then again, you can't help it because it is one of the last things you can do to try hold on to what little ground you have right now.  "I am aware of their significant role within the recording process, but since when did it emerge that the producer and engineer told Izzy and Slash to fuck off so that they could play and record the guitars themselves?"  You are absolutely clueless. If you actually knew ANYTHING about the recording process, you wouldn't be using sarcasm.  The producer and engineer are the gods in the studio.  I am disgusted at myself that I am even wasting my time responding to someone as unknowledgable as you.  

"There is a big difference between being able to rearrange a piece of music, and simply recreate it. My point about the Godfather theme was that Slash was the first guitarist to realise the notion of turning the well known theme into a rock instrumental. Name me someone who did it live before Slash. That involved rearranging it you fuckface, I don't recall hearing a squealing Les Paul belt out the theme during the any of the Godfather films. Obviously you don't know shit about anything."

First off, I won't name anybody who "played it live" because I don't know anybody that has wasted the precious stage time to play something as boring, momentum killing and pointless as The Godfather theme.  Who gives a fuck about The Godfather theme?  You think Slash broke new ground with that.  I get it now.....  You're just a stubborn, ignorant, Godfather obessed italian.  Please open your mind and drop the biased attitude.  Until you do that, you'll never learn anything. EDIT:  I went and saw that you are from Northern ireland. I have spent much time in Ireland, so now I understand what I have been dealing with.  You are the typical ignorant and stubborn person that I would expect from that region.  No offense.  Even most of my Irish friends admit and laugh about the fact they themselves are ignorant and stubborn.  it's just the way it is. (I now expect an angry and ignorant post that I will laugh at).

"And yes, part of the reason why Slash is highly respected is because of his Godfather Theme rendition. He wasn't nominated for a Grammy for it for nothing."

Nobody respects Slash for the Godfather theme.  Sorry buddy.  In fact, most GNR fans don't even know he played it.  And those that do know, fast forward through it or skip it when it comes on.  The Grammy awards, as everyone knows, don't mean anything.  The Grammy's are a joke, and always have been.

"Oh please  Roll Eyes Do you really tell yourself this? It doesn't even make sense. You're making it sound like everyone else in the band was completely incapable of anything before Axl came along. At least you begrudgingly accept that Slash and Izzy did actually have a significant composing contribution, and it wasn't 100% Axl, which is obviously what you want everyone to think."

I don't know what the band members were capable of or would have done if Axl never came along, so I cannot speculate.  However, let's look at the facts:  Slash, Izzy, and Steven were all drug addicts.  They obviously have the capability be be great players when the chemistry is right and they get the magic spark, but otherwise I doubt they would have done anything on a massive successful level like they did with GNR.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 11:51:28 PM by Nick83 » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2003, 09:22:24 AM »

There are a million amazing guitarists out there, but there are very few amazing singers.  How many people do you know that have the ability to duplicate Axl's voice?  I bet you don't know anyone.  What about Slash and izzy?  Anyone can duplicate their shit on guitar.  And you can talk about writing ability all you want, but here are the facts:  Slash is a good guitarist, but he cannot write on his own.  Both Snakepit albums sucked.  Izzy is not that great of a writer either.  To say that their albums did not live up to the GNR standard, is a massive understatement.  Only Axl can make them write material that meets the GNR standard.  It was only when they worked together, along with Axl's direction, that they were able to write what they did.

if it wasn't for Axl, we would have never heard of Guns n Roses.  Slash would be playing in bars.  Steven would have never been able to afford to have strokes and a heart attack, izzy would probably playing bars aswell.  and duff would be...still drunk.  Axl had the vocal talent, writing talent, look, goals and motivation to make it happen.  The other guys were lazy.  Axl brought the best out in them and made it happen.  So take it how you want folks, but this is the truth.

What u say about Slash and Izzy is not only wrong is distressing to hear................Slash can't write guitar stuff and neither can Izzy...well how do u explain the brilliant guitar stuff on GNR tracks....i suppose Axl wrote Sweet child o mine's riffs???

I am very disappointed that any one would voice such flawed views.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Nick83
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2003, 11:48:47 AM »

What u say about Slash and Izzy is not only wrong is distressing to hear................Slash can't write guitar stuff and neither can Izzy...well how do u explain the brilliant guitar stuff on GNR tracks....i suppose Axl wrote Sweet child o mine's riffs???

I am very disappointed that any one would voice such flawed views.
 You are a moron. I never said Slash and Izzy "can't write guitar stuff".  Go read this thread a few times and then maybe you'll understand what the fuck I am actually saying.
Dizzy
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2003, 06:00:48 PM »

How could you have interpreted the meaning of "anyone" as somebody that does not know how to play guitar?

From Webster's dictionary...

Anyone (noun) Any person at all.

You are exploiting that because you have ZERO weight in your argument, and you are falling, grasping onto whatever you can to try and save yourself before you hit the ground.  When one grasps onto shreds of meaningless garbage like yourself, it is obvious to everyone that your argument is over and you are just sticking around to save face.  But, you and I know that you are just digging yourself deeper and deeper.  

Apparently, you were looking into a mirror as you typed that, because you perfectly described your arguments.  They are meaningless, pointless, ridiculous, inane, and you're desperately trying to save yourself by projecting your weaknesses onto everyone who shreds your senseless arguments like the swiss cheese that they are.

Idiot

Ah, the expected insult.  Another sign of a weakness in the debate department.

But then again, you can't help it because it is one of the last things you can do to try hold on to what little ground you have right now.  

You already said that.  Redundancy is yet another sign of a weak or nonexistent argument.

I am disgusted at myself  

You're not the only one.

You're just a stubborn, ignorant, Godfather obessed italian.

More personal attacks.  More proof of that an individual with weak, infantile verbal skills sits at your keyboard.

Please open your mind and drop the biased attitude.

This coming from someone who states "Axl IS Guns N Roses!  I couldn't care less about the other guys!"   Roll Eyes

I went and saw that you are from Northern ireland. I have spent much time in Ireland, so now I understand what I have been dealing with.  You are the typical ignorant and stubborn person that I would expect from that region.

Wow.  Now you're spitting prejudicial remarks towards someone's nationality in a pathetic effort to save your worthless argument.  Even after all the absurdity with which you've inundated this thread, I still didn't expect you to stoop that low.  And again, it proves how effective you are at defending any argument you have.

Nobody respects Slash for the Godfather theme.  Sorry buddy.

I respect him for it, among many other things.  No need to apologize.

In fact, most GNR fans don't even know he played it.  

Ah, now you're resorting to instigating factual inaccuracies.  Maybe 13 year olds who saw "Guns N Roses" at the VMAs last year and who weren't around when Slash was playing it to sold out crowds don't know about it, but all longtime GNR fans do.

However, let's look at the facts:  Slash, Izzy, and Steven were all drug addicts.

So was Axl.  Ever heard the song "Coma"?  He wrote the lyrics about a drug overdose of his.

More facts: who the fuck cares who was a drug addict?  If that's the only method you can use to criticize Slash, Izzy, or Steven, it drives the final nail into the coffin of your argument.

You are a moron.

Ah, more insults to buttress your arguments.  How eloquent.

Go read this thread a few times and then maybe you'll understand what the fuck I am actually saying.

Yeah, understand him Izzy.  He's saying this....

"Axl was Guns N Roses!  You're a fucking idiot!  Slash was a drug addict, you fucking moron!  You fucking idiot!  Axl did everything!  Moron!  Slash was inspired by Axl!  So was Izzy!  Jackass!  You fucking idiots are a bunch of fucking idiots, you fucking idiots!"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 10:30:37 PM by Dizzy » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2003, 06:19:32 PM »

The ones who think insults are allowed on the board needs to go read the rules again. Insulting the other side doesn't exactly make you look that smart.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nick83
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2003, 12:16:54 AM »

1. From Webster's dictionary...

Please..... You know what I meant, so cut it out.

"Apparently, you were looking into a mirror as you typed that, because you perfectly described your arguments.  They are meaningless, pointless, ridiculous, inane, and you're desperately trying to save yourself by projecting your weaknesses onto everyone who shreds your senseless arguments like the swiss cheese that they are."

blah blah blah. a meaningless expected responce from a typical opposer.  try and post something a little more challenging instead of just rehashing other material and throwing it back.

2. "Idiot"

"Ah, the expected insult.  Another sign of a weakness in the debate department."

Not an insult.  Whoever I have called an idiot, is an idiot.  Atleast by judging their written arguments, and their clueless misinterpretations.

3. But then again, you can't help it because it is one of the last things you can do to try hold on to what little ground you have right now.

"You already said that.  Redundancy is yet another sign of a weak or nonexistent argument."

If you step into a debate, then make sure you have some ammunition.  The above quote is a perfect example of lameness, so I think this can be applied to you as well: you can't help it because it is one of the last things you can do to try hold on to what little ground you have right now.

4. You're just a stubborn, ignorant, Godfather obessed italian.

"More personal attacks.  More proof of that an individual with weak, infantile verbal skills sits at your keyboard."

Not personal attacks.  Just pointing out a possible ethnic and cultural link between that poster and his arguments.  Hey Mr.  Wannabe Wordsmith, right now, you are getting owned, so I wouldn't go calling my verbal skills weak or infantile(.  I make my posts in a rushed few minutes, you're probably spending half your day on this.  laughable.)

5. Please open your mind and drop the biased attitude.

"This coming from someone who states "Axl IS Guns N Roses!  I couldn't care less about the other guys!"   Roll Eyes"

Another example of misinterpretation.  I never said "I couldn't care less about the other guys".  I love the other guys and have a ton of respect for them.  I just know Axl's role.

6. I went and saw that you are from Northern ireland. I have spent much time in Ireland, so now I understand what I have been dealing with.  You are the typical ignorant and stubborn person that I would expect from that region.

"Wow.  Now you're spitting prejudicial remarks towards someone's nationality in a pathetic effort to save your worthless argument.  Even after all the absurdity with which you've inundated this thread, I still didn't expect you to stoop that low.  And again, it proves how effective you are at defending any argument you have."

No, I did not "spit prejudicial remarks".  I have lived in ireland, and have spent a large amount of time there.  I have interacted with the people, experienced the culture, and have a deep understanding of the whole topic. Therefore, my remarks cannot be considered "prejudgemental".  

7.Nobody respects Slash for the Godfather theme.  Sorry buddy.

"I respect him for it, among many other things.  No need to apologize."

Well, then you must be a very lonely boy.

8. In fact, most GNR fans don't even know he played it.  

"Ah, now you're resorting to instigating factual inaccuracies.  Maybe 13 year olds who saw "Guns N Roses" at the VMAs last year and who weren't around when Slash was playing it to sold out crowds don't know about it, but all longtime GNR fans do."

First off, Slash playing the Godfather theme at concerts is the cue to go to the bathroom or get in line to go buy some more beer.  

GNR has sold somewhere around 50 million albums(I do not know the exact number.  probably more though).  How many of those 50 million people do you think have heard the Godfather theme by Slash?  And if they have actually heard, how many actually like it and actually consider it one Slash's "great" contributions?  Maybe you should create a poll and see for yourself.  As far as "long term GNR fans" go, the only long term GNR fans in this day and age are the internet obsessed ones, and that "population" does not represent a significant amount of the total GNR fans in this world.  So, your "point" about long term gunners loving the Godfather theme, and having respect for Slash because of it, cannot justified.  Even if you wanted to say this about the internet obsessed fans, I still think you'd come up with the conclusion that the Godfather theme by Slash isn't exactly anything important in the fans' eyes.

9.  "However, let's look at the facts:  Slash, Izzy, and Steven were all drug addicts.

So was Axl.  Ever heard the song "Coma"?  He wrote the lyrics about a drug overdose of his.
More facts: who the fuck cares who was a drug addict?  If that's the only method you can use to criticize Slash, Izzy, or Steven, it drives the final nail into the coffin of your argument."

Axl did drugs obviously, but I never recall him getting "fucked up" on drugs.  He was never addicted to anything, while the others were hardcore addicts whose lives were at stake.  Axl always had control over his life, the others did not.  That is the differance

10. "Yeah, understand him Izzy.  He's saying this....

"Axl was Guns N Roses!  You're a fucking idiot!  Slash was a drug addict, you fucking moron!  You fucking idiot!  Axl did everything!  Moron!  Slash was inspired by Axl!  So was Izzy!  Jackass!  You fucking idiots are a bunch of fucking idiots, you fucking idiots!""

Sarcasm and it doesn't make a point.  Sorry bud.
Nick83
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2003, 12:22:29 AM »

The ones who think insults are allowed on the board needs to go read the rules again. Insulting the other side doesn't exactly make you look that smart.

/jarmo

Well Jarmo, when one gets into the heat of a debate, words and insults just creep in without the poster really noticing.  I try to abstain from using insults, but it happens sometimes.  
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2003, 02:14:53 AM »

Nick83

Why don't you just cool down a little bit. You made your opinions very clear to us, so live it alone allready..
Nick83
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2003, 03:28:09 PM »

Nick83

Why don't you just cool down a little bit. You made your opinions very clear to us, so live it alone allready..

I am replying to those that reply to me.  I am not trying to publicize my opinions or anything.
Dizzy
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2003, 06:22:35 PM »

blah blah blah. a meaningless expected responce from a typical opposer.  try and post something a little more challenging instead of just rehashing other material and throwing it back.

Obviously my posts are so challenging that you cannot conjure a real counterpoint.  Surprise, surprise.

Nope.  You stated "anyone can play Slash or Izzy's shit."  Anyone means anyone.  Nowhere in the definition of the word does it say anything about guitarist.  You were the one who said "anyone", so don't make your Freudians look like someone else's fault.

"Idiot."  Not an insult.

Oh yeah, what the fuck is it then, a compliment?   Roll Eyes

Whoever I have called an idiot, is an idiot.  Atleast by judging their written arguments, and their clueless misinterpretations.

So why aren't you constantly calling yourself an idiot?

If you step into a debate, then make sure you have some ammunition.  

Try following that advice yourself.  You're the only one who isn't heeding those words.

the above quote is a perfect example of lamenes

Rereading your own statements, eh?

so I think this can be applied to you as well: you can't help it because it is one of the last things you can do to try hold on to what little ground you have right now.

More piss-poor refutation, which violates your own rule about rehashing what has already been said.

Not personal attacks.  Just pointing out a possible ethnic and cultural link between that poster and his arguments.  

Reread that statement a few times and perhaps you'll see your glaring contradiction.

Hey Mr.  Wannabe Wordsmith

My last name isn't Smith, and my expansive vocabulary is the least of your worries.  Learning how to formulate a coherent and sensisble argument should be high on your priority list.

you are getting owned, so I wouldn't go calling my verbal skills weak or infantile(.  I make my posts in a rushed few minutes, you're probably spending half your day on this.  laughable.)

If you truly believe one word of the above, you should immediately seek refuge in a mental institution.

No, I did not "spit prejudicial remarks".  I have lived in ireland, and have spent a large amount of time there.  I have interacted with the people, experienced the culture, and have a deep understanding of the whole topic. Therefore, my remarks cannot be considered "prejudgemental".

Who the hell used the word "prejudgmental"?  You attacked someone for their nationality, proving how weak you are when it comes to debating.  If you really had any foundation on which to stand, you wouldn't need to insult anyone at all, much less stoop to the level of prejudicial insults.

Well, you and I must have something in common after all.

the only long term GNR fans in this day and age are the internet obsessed ones, and that "population" does not represent a significant amount of the total GNR fans in this world.

Christ, you are delusional.

I love the other guys and have a ton of respect for them.  I just know Axl's role.

Yeah, you state that Axl's role is that he is Guns N Roses (note your title of this thread).  That statement alone is disrespectful to the other four original members.

Axl did drugs obviously, but I never recall him getting "fucked up" on drugs.  

Probably because you were too young to follow GNR in their heydey.

He was never addicted to anything

Then why did he check himself into rehab?

while the others were hardcore addicts whose lives were at stake.  Axl always had control over his life, the others did not.

Then how did they sober up if they had no control?  

Quit pretending you know everything about GNR history and read a few articles on it instead.  You might learn something.

Sarcasm

Very observant.

and it doesn't make a point.

It's ripped your arguments to shreds time and time again, though your fatuous arguments aren't that difficult to rip apart to begin with.

Sorry bud.

The only thing you need apologize for is your worthless, senseless arguments which are taken seriously by none.  A word of advice: quit while you're behind.  Way behind.

when one gets into the heat of a debate, words and insults just creep in without the poster really noticing.  I try to abstain from using insults, but it happens sometimes.  

Funny how you're the only one who needs to resort to insults.  Makes yet another statement on the extent of your debating capabilities.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 06:49:49 PM by Dizzy » Logged
illusionist
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2003, 08:22:42 PM »

Wow haven't had one of these in like 2 months....I don't have the energy to dispute this...just going to say it's not true.

~KYI
Right on! The mixture of all of them  together and the time era that they were playing in made them a success. Unless you were there during their creative/recording time how can you say it was all just Axl?    confused
illusionist
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2003, 08:36:51 PM »

As would Izzy, as would Steve Adler...And as would Duff and possibly Slash.

No actually none of them they would be dime store hoods named Bill Bailey.   Tongue

But of course, you choose to ommit that.

Because it wasn't relevant.

I agree that Axl needed the rest of the band...

Good, because he did.

But you cannot deny that they fucking needed him.

Dizzy I like your style! ok
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 08:48:25 PM by illusionist » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2003, 09:12:06 PM »

whoah, this thread is a funny read!
sign me up for Dizzy's side of this war, you said pretty much everything that went through my head while reading Nick's hilarious posts! hihi ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Nick83
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2003, 12:01:41 PM »

"Obviously my posts are so challenging that you cannot conjure a real counterpoint.  Surprise, surprise."

I should reverse that statement because it seems to be that you are the one that cannot "conjure any real counterpoints". You are a hypocrite as everyone will further see in an example somewhere down below.

"Nope.  You stated "anyone can play Slash or Izzy's shit."  Anyone means anyone.  Nowhere in the definition of the word does it say anything about guitarist.  You were the one who said "anyone", so don't make your Freudians look like someone else's fault."

My god.  You are a fucking child.  I know the meaning, you know the meaning, and so does everyone else.  Stop overanalyzing something so pointless.

"Idiot."  Not an insult.

"Oh yeah, what the fuck is it then, a compliment?   Roll Eyes"

The meaning has already been explained.  Enough with the sarcastic filler.

Whoever I have called an idiot, is an idiot.  Atleast by judging their written arguments, and their clueless misinterpretations.

"So why aren't you constantly calling yourself an idiot?"

Sarcastic filler once again

If you step into a debate, then make sure you have some ammunition.  

"Try following that advice yourself.  You're the only one who isn't heeding those words."

Filler material once again.  Reversing everything, in your mind, is such an easy way to save yourself, but unfortunately it does work, has not worked, and will not work.

the above quote is a perfect example of lameness

"Rereading your own statements, eh?"

Sarcastic filler

so I think this can be applied to you as well: you can't help it because it is one of the last things you can do to try hold on to what little ground you have right now.

?More piss-poor refutation, which violates your own rule about rehashing what has already been said.?

filler

Not personal attacks.  Just pointing out a possible ethnic and cultural link between that poster and his arguments.  

?Reread that statement a few times and perhaps you'll see your glaring contradiction.?

No contradiction.  

Hey Mr.  Wannabe Wordsmith

"My last name isn't Smith, and my expansive vocabulary is the least of your worries.  Learning how to formulate a coherent and sensisble argument should be high on your priority list."
filler

you are getting owned, so I wouldn't go calling my verbal skills weak or infantile(.  I make my posts in a rushed few minutes, you're probably spending half your day on this.  laughable.)

"If you truly believe one word of the above, you should immediately seek refuge in a mental institution."

Sarcastic filler

"Who the hell used the word "prejudgmental"?  You attacked someone for their nationality, proving how weak you are when it comes to debating.  If you really had any foundation on which to stand, you wouldn't need to insult anyone at all, much less stoop to the level of prejudicial insults."

Your originally accused me of "spitting prejudicial remarks".  Since I have a true understanding of Ireland, the people, and their culture, what I said and the context I said it in, cannot be considered "prejudicial".   I didn't attack anyone's nationality.  I simply recognized the type of person I was dealing with.

"Well, you and I must have something in common after all."

No.  You're on your own.

the only long term GNR fans in this day and age are the internet obsessed ones, and that "population" does not represent a significant amount of the total GNR fans in this world.

"Christ, you are delusional."

Please go and properly discuss the entire paragraph in my post.  Isolating a segment of my post, commenting on it with a sarcastic remark, and neglecting to discuss it in depth shows that you are simply unable to disprove what I have said. That is disappointing for me.  You got away from me the easiest way you could.  Please go back and refute my paragraph.

I love the other guys and have a ton of respect for them.  I just know Axl's role.

"Yeah, you state that Axl's role is that he is Guns N Roses (note your title of this thread).  That statement alone is disrespectful to the other four original members."

You look at things in such a limited way.  Open your eyes.  Go back and read everything I have written.  Everything is explained, so there is no excuse for your misinterpretations. I guess your stupidity and blindness are responsible.  As far as being disrespectful goes, stop basing your opinion on your single perspective, and start reading and accepting what I have written as it is intended to be interpreted as.  I say what I want to say.  if it was intended to be disrespectful, then I would have clearly indicated so, and would have also admitted it if it was brought up.

Axl did drugs obviously, but I never recall him getting "fucked up" on drugs.  

"Probably because you were too young to follow GNR in their heydey."

I've read every interview ever published.  Axl did drugs, but he was in control.

He was never addicted to anything

"Then why did he check himself into rehab?"

I don't recall him checking himself into rehab, but if he did, he most likely checked himself in on his own.  Axl is very self aware and self obsessed.  He had control over his own life.  The other members had no control.  They didn't care about themselves or the band enough to actually get clean. The record company took charge of the situation because they were scared to death that the boys were going to die.  So, the boys were forcefully taken to rehab, multiple times each.  They didn't have any control over their own lives, and if it was up to them to get clean, they'd either be dead or still addicted today.

while the others were hardcore addicts whose lives were at stake.  Axl always had control over his life, the others did not.

"Then how did they sober up if they had no control?"

I already discussed this above.  

"Quit pretending you know everything about GNR history and read a few articles on it instead.  You might learn something."

Filler.

Sarcasm

?Very observant.?

Sarascm

and it doesn't make a point.

"It's ripped your arguments to shreds time and time again, though your fatuous arguments aren't that difficult to rip apart to begin with."

Filler

Sorry bud.

"The only thing you need apologize for is your worthless, senseless arguments which are taken seriously by none.  A word of advice: quit while you're behind.  Way behind."

You are adopting my attitude and style to try and compete, but just results in more filler statements.

when one gets into the heat of a debate, words and insults just creep in without the poster really noticing.  I try to abstain from using insults, but it happens sometimes.  

"Funny how you're the only one who needs to resort to insults.  Makes yet another statement on the extent of your debating capabilities."

More filler.  I explained myself.  Must I explain in detail to you, illiterate boy?  Ok, I guess I will:  You say that I "need to resort to insults."  I said, "when one gets into the heat of a debate, words and insults just creep in without the poster really noticing.  I try to abstain from using insults, but it happens sometimes."  Now, where in the above quote does it show "need"?  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: