Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:13:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  April 9th/13th, San Jose, Costa Rica - CANCELLED
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: April 9th/13th, San Jose, Costa Rica - CANCELLED  (Read 51996 times)
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2010, 03:10:02 PM »

many things there are not true, starting with tickets, jajajajaa 2.000 jajajaa is a big lie that. (other people are saying 3,000)

secondly, that if they brougt the stage then no matter if they played for 2,000 people? jajajaajaja that stupid.

and third, "the logistics" TOO EXPENSIVE??? it would be expensive bring the stage from El Salvador?? yeah right.

Just curious... how many Rock Concert stages (and crews) have you transported across national borders? Who are you to say what is or isn't too expensive?

with all due respect but you dont believe it is cheaper to bring something from El Salvador to Guatemala (which is to close to guatemala) to bring something that is much further from here...

I used to love her but I have.....TEQUILA!!!!
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2010, 03:38:52 PM »

I understand what you're saying, but why cancel our concert in Guatemala?

good for fans to reschedule the date of Costa Rica, but at our expense.

In any case had rescheduled our date, but not remove our gig.  I'm really trying to understand, but nobody says anything officially.

Guatemala show was cancelled due to several reasons according to Oscar Morales.

Source:  http://www.sigloxxi.com/vida.php?id=7798 (Second paragraph)

For those who don't read Spanish:

?According to Oscar Morales (from Global Production, the company in charge of the production of the show in Guatemala) there are several reasons that led to the cancellation. First, the equipment used for the show of Costa Rica was the same equipment that they were going to use for the show at Estadio del Ej?rcito, since the country doesn?t have enough structures to carry out a setup of this type. Hence, it wasn?t possible to do the show in Guatemala. Second, to bring GN?R to another date would mean a change of logistics in the tour, and the cost of transfer of the equipment and the band would be expensive. Third, the low selling of tickets for the show (less than two thousand tickets until Sunday).?         

many things there are not true, starting with tickets, jajajajaa 2.000 jajajaa is a big lie that. (other people are saying 3,000)

secondly, that if they brougt the stage then no matter if they played for 2,000 people? jajajaajaja that stupid.

and third, "the logistics" TOO EXPENSIVE??? it would be expensive bring the stage from El Salvador?? yeah right.

What I feel is that the production company of Guatemala doesn't care if GN'R plays or not. They didn't do anything about it. They didn't want to reschedule the show. For example, in Argentina there were problems with the River Plate Stadium due to a lawsuit by some neighbors, but our production company tried to do something to solve the problem. And they found a way to solve it. There, in Guatemala, they don't care. Of course, I'm not talking about fans. Maybe, it's because of the low selling of tickets as Oscar Morales said. That's why they aren't interested in investing time or money. 

anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2010, 05:32:22 PM »

I understand what you're saying, but why cancel our concert in Guatemala?

good for fans to reschedule the date of Costa Rica, but at our expense.

In any case had rescheduled our date, but not remove our gig.  I'm really trying to understand, but nobody says anything officially.

Guatemala show was cancelled due to several reasons according to Oscar Morales.

Source:  http://www.sigloxxi.com/vida.php?id=7798 (Second paragraph)

For those who don't read Spanish:

?According to Oscar Morales (from Global Production, the company in charge of the production of the show in Guatemala) there are several reasons that led to the cancellation. First, the equipment used for the show of Costa Rica was the same equipment that they were going to use for the show at Estadio del Ej?rcito, since the country doesn?t have enough structures to carry out a setup of this type. Hence, it wasn?t possible to do the show in Guatemala. Second, to bring GN?R to another date would mean a change of logistics in the tour, and the cost of transfer of the equipment and the band would be expensive. Third, the low selling of tickets for the show (less than two thousand tickets until Sunday).?         

What I feel is that the production company of Guatemala doesn't care if GN'R plays or not. They didn't do anything about it. They didn't want to reschedule the show. For example, in Argentina there were problems with the River Plate Stadium due to a lawsuit by some neighbors, but our production company tried to do something to solve the problem. And they found a way to solve it. There, in Guatemala, they don't care. Of course, I'm not talking about fans. Maybe, it's because of the low selling of tickets as Oscar Morales said. That's why they aren't interested in investing time or money. 

you're right, it could be the case, but everything is speculation until now.

I used to love her but I have.....TEQUILA!!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2010, 02:48:10 AM »

Ever heard the saying "actions speak louder than words"? Nobody said anything about Guatemala being less important but that's how it looks like in this situation.

By that logic, GN'R thinks less of any city and country where they have never played.

Please!

Things aren't always just up to the band. I wish you'd get that by now.

And I think you misunderstood me but I don't think GN'R thinks one crowd is better than the other, in case that wasn't clear that was referring to the organizers of these shows.

Well if you have an issue with the promoter, just say so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2010, 03:05:11 AM »

if it is down to ticket sales surely releasing songs to radio and makin some videos would help no end, Better, SOD AND TIL would get the album flying high in the charts and people desperate to go and see them. To everybody else who isnt a hardcore fan like us its just a load of new guys playin songs they never wrote with Axl
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2010, 01:05:26 AM »

There are bands as big as Guns & Roses touring the World as I type this, bands that have toured 10 times more than what Gn'R is touring 'now'.
I understand shit happens and I'm NOT blaming Axl or his crew but certainly GN'R Managment plays a huge part on this.
Why this kind of things doenst happen to Iron Maiden, Paul McCartney, Metallica, U2, Motorhead?Huh  Why does this have to happen in Gn'R World ALL the time?
I'm not whining, I'm just wondering.... Huh

If the world would end today... Wink
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #226 on: April 15, 2010, 05:36:45 AM »

when maiden played in bangalore the stage was made of WOOD! and you can see on the dvd that the were very afraid of playing,becuase they thought the stage would collapse.

And you will say "yeah but the played!".....but what would have happened if the gig before was cancelled because of stage collapse??.

I can understand that they take some precautions.
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #227 on: April 15, 2010, 08:44:45 AM »

There are bands as big as Guns & Roses touring the World as I type this, bands that have toured 10 times more than what Gn'R is touring 'now'.
I understand shit happens and I'm NOT blaming Axl or his crew but certainly GN'R Managment plays a huge part on this.
Why this kind of things doenst happen to Iron Maiden, Paul McCartney, Metallica, U2, Motorhead?Huh  Why does this have to happen in Gn'R World ALL the time?

Nah. It's not only GN'R. For example, Metallica cancelled two shows in Argentina in 2001  for no reason. Yeah, no reason. They cancelled the two shows after many people had bought the tickets. After this cancellation, nobody wanted to play their songs on the radio. People started to hate them, I was one of them, haha. I remember I bought the tickets by credit card, so the service charge wasn't returned. Cancellation can happen anywhere. This year, Metallica decided to tour here after many years, well... we forgave them for that cancellation Roll Eyes.   
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #228 on: April 15, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »

Nah. It's not only GN'R. For example, Metallica cancelled two shows in Argentina in 2001  for no reason. Yeah, no reason. They cancelled the two shows after many people had bought the tickets. After this cancellation, nobody wanted to play their songs on the radio. People started to hate them, I was one of them, haha. I remember I bought the tickets by credit card, so the service charge wasn't returned. Cancellation can happen anywhere. This year, Metallica decided to tour here after many years, well... we forgave them for that cancellation Roll Eyes.   

And you with so many others probably got a kick ass show.
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2010, 03:22:41 AM »

axlrose  We do hope to be able to play both Costa Rica n' Guatemala at a later date. Management n' promoters r in talks. It'd b great 4 the fans 2 b able 2 get their performance. Our apologies 4 any inconvenience this has caused. It's a crazy business n' this tour's had it's share of twists n' turns. The fans n' shows have made all the chaos n' confusion worth it in the long run. Here's 2 u!! Hope to see u in Puerto Rico!!

ok thats great news, i hope you guys get you concert  Grin

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2010, 07:15:11 AM »

axlrose  We do hope to be able to play both Costa Rica n' Guatemala at a later date. Management n' promoters r in talks. It'd b great 4 the fans 2 b able 2 get their performance. Our apologies 4 any inconvenience this has caused. It's a crazy business n' this tour's had it's share of twists n' turns. The fans n' shows have made all the chaos n' confusion worth it in the long run. Here's 2 u!! Hope to see u in Puerto Rico!!

Good. They are trying to see if there is a possibility of playing in those places. I hope they can reach an agreement  Wink
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2010, 10:57:53 PM »

...and that happened 9 years ago Grin  You can't compare Metallica touring 2 years straight and cancelling two shows and Gn&R doing a 4-5 month tour so far and cancelling two shows! Makes no sense. That managment should go home  rant

[/quote]

[/quote]

If the world would end today... Wink
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »

If they do come back, they better play This I love !!  Sad

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #233 on: April 19, 2010, 10:59:25 AM »

A little quote from a Costa Rican news site:

"...
It seems the local production company wanted to milk the concert for all it was worth and that was plenty with a 15,000 sold out venue. To make sure of big bucks, senior management decided to hire on some totally inexperienced and cheap labor to build a stage. It did not take long for the Guns N Roses guys, who have been to this type of rodeo before, to recognize there was a reasonable, if not likelihood the stage was going to collapse. Especially when their technical director saw the overhead lights tilt to the west end of the stage and the stage itself slowly sinking into mud from a recent rain.

But, Axle, the good guy he is, gave the production company a second chance and another concert date the night after the first cancellation. A can do situation!

Hurriedly, ?28 Producciones? found a new location, almost as good as the first. But, instead of re-building the huge stage with experienced people they went back to the beginners again and the rest of the story just speaks for itself. A second and permanent cancellation which is reported to cost the production company close to $ 1million if all debts and tickets are to be refunded not to mention Costa Rica shame for lousy management that can be read on Facebook and Twitter.
..."

http://www.insidecostarica.com/dailynews/2010/april/19/costarica10041908.htm

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: April 19, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »

Hurriedly, ?28 Producciones? found a new location, almost as good as the first.

Id say better.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2010, 06:58:46 PM »

We do hope to be able to play both Costa Rica n' Guatemala at a later date. Management n' promoters r in talks. It'd b great 4 the fans 2 b able 2 get their performance. Our apologies 4 any inconvenience this has caused. It's a crazy business n' this tour's had it's share of twists n' turns. The fans n' shows have made all the chaos n' confusion worth it in the long run. Here's 2 u!!

AXL....from twitter

what do you people think ?   

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2010, 07:05:24 PM »

"We hope to be able" is not a guarantee.

Some things are out of the band's control.

Like for example the stage in Costa Rica.

I'm sorry to have to inform you, but Axl didn't build that stage. It's not his fault the show got canceled.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2010, 07:10:47 PM »

"We hope to be able" is not a guarantee.

Some things are out of the band's control.

Like for example the stage in Costa Rica.

I'm sorry to have to inform you, but Axl didn't build that stage. It's not his fault the show got canceled.

/jarmo

i never said it was AXL`s fault my friend !

im just wondering if people think , the shows will occur ?

id love to go to a GNR concert again !!!!!!!!! hell yeah

big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »

by the way ...

why you react like that jarmo, relax !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2010, 07:20:50 PM »

React like what?

Just letting you know the simple facts.

A show doesn't happen just because GN'R wants to play, there's more to the picture than that.

Yet fans are always holding the band accountable for everything. Even when things are out of their control.

Just saying, if these shows happen: Awesome.

If not, they tried.

i never said it was AXL`s fault my friend !

Well you quoted him and then asked if we think the things he said is gonna happen....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 07:23:37 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: