Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:13:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Catcher in the Rye
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Catcher in the Rye  (Read 9940 times)
14 years of silence
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: July 15, 2004, 06:32:16 PM »

I remember a few years back i think in 02 there was talk of gnr in china to record the video for 'catcher in the rye'. Now i remember seeing a picture of axl performing with some chinese natives was this picture real or fake? Does anyone know if this video was ever recorded? Maybe jarmo or mysteron or anybody could shed some light on this matter.

Cheers
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 06:37:59 PM »

Axl went to China before the North American tour in 2002.

But there's no video as far as I know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 06:44:27 PM »

It was a fake picture and Axl never recorded any video with the new band, as far as we know. Hell, we don't even know if Catcher In The Rye will be in Chinese Democracy or not. Sad

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 06:48:44 PM »

Hell, we don't even know if Catcher In The Rye will be in Chinese Democracy or not
It wont it will be on the third album, unless they have decided to bump it up.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 06:56:23 PM »

Hell, we don't even know if Catcher In The Rye will be in Chinese Democracy or not
Well, we don't really know about that for a fact, right?  hihi
And some people said it would be the third single, not on the third album - and this was back in 2002.
Who knows? I don't. Sad
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 06:58:46 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 07:04:34 PM »

According to the people who met Axl at MSG backstage, he said it will be on the 3rd album. BUt your right, who knows.....HuhHuh?/

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 07:34:12 PM »

I hope these albums are thematic, not like the scattershot randomness of the Illusion albums, although they were good in their own right.

i wonder if that story of the label rejecting the album was true. According to the rumor, he was given 30 days to fix things.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 07:42:11 PM »

i wonder if that story of the label rejecting the album was true.
eh man I heard this rumour too!! I thought I was told bullshit and that I was the only one to hear this rumour. So were you aware too? It's amazing I always believed I was the only one to heard it. I thought the guy who told me that was just joking!
is this story real?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 07:48:35 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 08:29:33 PM »

Axl NEVER said the 3rd album ,he said the 3rd single to that girl back stage.
This is just like how people claim, CD, maddy and the blues wont be on the album according to Axl, which he never said that either, he said they wont be used as singles.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 08:31:29 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 08:33:21 PM »

I hope these albums are thematic, not like the scattershot randomness of the Illusion albums, although they were good in their own right.

What are you talking about? The Illusions albums were entirely thematic. The first album is about the naive emerging artist's disillusionment when faced with the realities of money-hungry record companies and the critical press/public; the second album is an answer to how to still aim for your vision, even with the recognition that these negative influences are trying to hold you back. It seems random because the songs have a wide variety of subjects, but they are all metaphors relating to the central theme.

I'm guessing the theme of Chinese Democracy will be a stand against the "Made in China" quality shit overtaking the music industry due to record company commercialization.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 08:54:48 PM »

What are you talking about? The Illusions albums were entirely thematic. The first album is about the naive emerging artist's disillusionment when faced with the realities of money-hungry record companies and the critical press/public; the second album is an answer to how to still aim for your vision, even with the recognition that these negative influences are trying to hold you back. It seems random because the songs have a wide variety of subjects, but they are all metaphors relating to the central theme.

I'm guessing the theme of Chinese Democracy will be a stand against the "Made in China" quality shit overtaking the music industry due to record company commercialization.

hihi

Some of the hardest reaching this board has seen...congrats.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 10:13:41 PM »

I don't really think Axl has the 3rd single already planned out. Possible, but I don't see him telling some random fan.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 10:15:49 PM »

Amazing!  That's brilliant.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 12:19:28 AM »

Illusions were all over the place. Soft, eye ball swelling ballads contrasted with venomous diatribes against everybody from axl's neighbor to his mom. It's psychological graffiti, the band's reaction to success and their anger, sadness, and disappointment with the world in which they were emerged.  Even Slash commented in BTM how ideas were fielded from every direction; he compared it to the structure, amorphous as it was, to the Beatles White Album. I see your point, but the message needed to be a bit tighter. definately an imperfect masterpiece.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 12:25:14 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 12:48:51 AM »

I hope not, this is pathethic in my oppinion. There's so great themes, why talk anout the music industry? I hate this kind of things...

Anyway, we know he wrote songs about child abuse and things like these, so we dont know... maybe there's a themathic thing, but it's great when you make a really diverse thing... even if there's a central theme.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2004, 12:53:18 AM »

hihi

Some of the hardest reaching this board has seen...congrats.

You cannot imagine how fulfulling it is to take the time and effort to put together a post, only to have it generate a response like yours. I'm sure everyone here appreciates the insight you've contributed to this thread.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2004, 12:56:17 AM »

I hope not, this is pathethic in my oppinion. There's so great themes, why talk anout the music industry? I hate this kind of things...

Just to clarify, I wasn't stating that as fact or anything. Just a guess, based on the few songs we've heard (and I'll add that Madagascar and Silk Worms don't appear to have anything to do with my guess). There's no guarantee Chinese Democracy will be based around the theme I said, I was just pointing out that is what it looks like from most of the songs we've heard.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2004, 01:02:42 AM »

Illusions were all over the place. Soft, eye ball swelling ballads contrasted with venomous diatribes against everybody from axl's neighbor to his mom. It's psychological graffiti, the band's reaction to success and their anger, sadness, and disappointment with the world in which they were emerged.  Even Slash commented in BTM how ideas were fielded from every direction; he compared it to the structure, amorphous as it was, to the Beatles White Album. I see your point, but the message needed to be a bit tighter. definately an imperfect masterpiece.

You are talking about form, literal topic, and structure - externalities which I agree were all over the place. However, within this outer variety, the songs all made metaphoric contributions to the central themes I discussed earlier.

I'd also agree that there's a few exceptions - Don't Cry and You Could Be Mine in particular seem to just be thrown in for commercial value - but overall, the Illusions albums were directly thematic works.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2004, 01:53:36 AM »

I would say the generic, overriding theme would be "a new start as a result of a revolution", much like what would happen if China ever became democratic. With that, a lot of countries, when they first become a democracy, suffer from early chaos because they don't really know how to start running things from a new perspective, and the album will tell those emotions: frustration, confusion, freedom.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2004, 06:04:05 AM »

i think the main theme will be pasta. dont forget that the chinese invented that.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: