Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:41:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's 50th
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's 50th  (Read 37034 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »

While it's not a top priority at the moment, I'd like to see an option of getting two copies of the paper ok

Don't ask why, didn't we all buy multiple copies of CD as well hihi
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2012, 10:37:56 AM »

Who is Matt?

Hi there! We have been talking about it in cd.com n' shortly there will be a Facebook page for this - Matt has been into cd.com but not sure he's into HTGTH !

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2012, 10:38:28 AM »

so, I am dumb....but where do we pay? Links anyone?
We are working to get it done by tomorrow

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »

While it's not a top priority at the moment, I'd like to see an option of getting two copies of the paper ok

Don't ask why, didn't we all buy multiple copies of CD as well hihi

I got myself 2 copies of the LA Weekly at the end of 2001 !! lol

I don't think it's gonna be a problem!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2012, 10:45:07 AM »

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php/topic,48602.70.html

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
ShortShit
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2012, 10:59:05 PM »

I'm in.
I'll just keep checking back to see where to pay.
Great idea. Good luck
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2012, 06:16:20 AM »

It looks like this is not happening but I'm still in.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2012, 06:27:27 AM »

It is a really nice idea it`s just the organising of it that`s hard, when it comes down to it we are all strangers to each other on all the forums so sending someone you`re money and putting you`re trust in them is quite difficult otherwise i definitely would be in as well, maybe we could come up with a different idea  ok
Annie
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2012, 10:00:58 AM »

It is a really nice idea it`s just the organising of it that`s hard, when it comes down to it we are all strangers to each other on all the forums so sending someone you`re money and putting you`re trust in them is quite difficult otherwise i definitely would be in as well, maybe we could come up with a different idea  ok
Gypsy Soul always makes really nice ecards here,
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2012, 11:55:34 PM »

I just remembered, after Axl's birthday, Izzy also cracks the ol' 50 on April 8th.   Shocked
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »

First off: I have no idea why Annie is blowing smoke up my ass cause I've never sent an e-card to anyone ever.
FOR THE RECORD:  I DO NOT know Axl or Beta or anyone in the band or their family members, etc.
I DO NOT have Axl or anyone else's e-mail addy to send e-cards or messages or whatever.

I AM NOT AN "INSIDER" IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM!!!
I DO NOT know when/where/if there are secret shows.
I CAN NOT get anyone backstage or VIP passes to shows or access to Axl or anyone else.

Second:  Know that Axl and the rest of the band may or may not read the forums so any "best wishes" we post may not get read.  But we can still post them and I know in my heart that our "best wishes" go "out into the universe" and are "received" by the person in some cosmic way.

That being said...
My SUGGESTION is that we can each make a contribution in Axl's name to the charity of our choice.

Most charities give you the option of making a "tribute" donation.  It will say something like "I am making this contribution in honor of ..... " and you fill in the person's name.  (It also may give you the option to send the person an acknowledgement of your gift but in this case we don't have Axl's e-mail or whatever so that ain't happening.)

For those who don't have a credit card to do this online, there are other ways you can do something similar.  (I'll post what I did below as an example but you can obviously do whatever you'd like.  Be creative!)

In honor of Axl's 50th Birthday, I went to church, lit a candle, put a donation in the 'poor box' and said a prayer for Axl.

I made a donation in Axl's name to Covenant House which is a charity to help homeless kids.  Covenant House has locations in the US, Canada and Central America.  www.covenanthouse.org

I made a donation in Axl's name to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  www.stjude.org/tribute
They gave me the option to make a "printable card" but I couldn't figure out how to get it to print properly. (half was upside down and the note was printed to the side instead of on the card).  I cut each part of the card and re-arranged it .....

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »

Wow............someone says something nice and you go off the deep end.  hihi  peace

Axl is God.
Annie
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2012, 05:27:23 PM »

First off: I have no idea why Annie is blowing smoke up my ass cause I've never sent an e-card to anyone ever.
FOR THE RECORD:  I DO NOT know Axl or Beta or anyone in the band or their family members, etc.
I DO NOT have Axl or anyone else's e-mail addy to send e-cards or messages or whatever.

I AM NOT AN "INSIDER" IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM!!!
I DO NOT know when/where/if there are secret shows.
I CAN NOT get anyone backstage or VIP passes to shows or access to Axl or anyone else.

Second:  Know that Axl and the rest of the band may or may not read the forums so any "best wishes" we post may not get read.  But we can still post them and I know in my heart that our "best wishes" go "out into the universe" and are "received" by the person in some cosmic way.

That being said...
My SUGGESTION is that we can each make a contribution in Axl's name to the charity of our choice.

Most charities give you the option of making a "tribute" donation.  It will say something like "I am making this contribution in honor of ..... " and you fill in the person's name.  (It also may give you the option to send the person an acknowledgement of your gift but in this case we don't have Axl's e-mail or whatever so that ain't happening.)

For those who don't have a credit card to do this online, there are other ways you can do something similar.  (I'll post what I did below as an example but you can obviously do whatever you'd like.  Be creative!)

In honor of Axl's 50th Birthday, I went to church, lit a candle, put a donation in the 'poor box' and said a prayer for Axl.

I made a donation in Axl's name to Covenant House which is a charity to help homeless kids.  Covenant House has locations in the US, Canada and Central America.  www.covenanthouse.org

I made a donation in Axl's name to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  www.stjude.org/tribute
They gave me the option to make a "printable card" but I couldn't figure out how to get it to print properly. (half was upside down and the note was printed to the side instead of on the card).  I cut each part of the card and re-arranged it .....

It was actually a sincere compliment about the cute bday posts you make here. I misused the word ecard. My bad.
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2012, 07:04:27 AM »

This project was almost dead when a group of crazy beloved brazilian fans (myself included) decided to, instead of paying 10 per fan, to pay 100 per fan to achieve the necessary amount. This ad will happen - now we have people from Brazil, USA n' UK involved.

If any of you have any interest in being part of this, please send me an email at mellone1@hotmail.com with your Facebook page. You'll be added to the oficial private chat into FB for this project.

Thanks y'll !

Wink

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »

I hate to rain on anyone's parade here but the charity idea is so much better if you really want to do something. Giving money to a newspaper to wish a celebrity Happy Birthday seems extremely frivolous and silly to me. Just my opinion.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »

Giving to charity is great, but doing it on behalf of someone you don't know and who has nothing to do with the organization and nothing (that you are I know of) to do with the people that that organization helps, seems kind of silly.  I give to plenty of charities and I'll do it on behalf of someone that I know of who is dealing with cancer or the like.  But in this case its just a nice moment for fans to come together and let Axl know how much we care and how much his music means to us. 

spgunner-  I pm'd you.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2012, 01:06:12 PM »

The newspaper ad is a nice gesture. I like the charity idea too. Axl visited a children's hospital a few years ago. The band also went to a children's hospital this past year. I think it would be nice to donate to a charity he cares about in honor of his birthday.
Annie
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2012, 01:56:22 PM »

This project was almost dead when a group of crazy beloved brazilian fans (myself included) decided to, instead of paying 10 per fan, to pay 100 per fan to achieve the necessary amount. This ad will happen - now we have people from Brazil, USA n' UK involved.

If any of you have any interest in being part of this, please send me an email at mellone1@hotmail.com with your Facebook page. You'll be added to the oficial private chat into FB for this project.

Thanks y'll !

Wink
Thankyou so much for including me! I always celebrate Axl's Bday by giving gifts to worthy individuals. Some people are receiving Derrek Rose jerseys this year. hihi
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2012, 10:06:23 PM »

I hate to rain on anyone's parade here but the charity idea is so much better if you really want to do something. Giving money to a newspaper to wish a celebrity Happy Birthday seems extremely frivolous and silly to me. Just my opinion.

I agree.  A newspaper ad that he may never see, to boot.

I second the idea of giving to a charity that Axl is known to support.  I'm sure Axl himself would appreciate that more than giving it to a newspaper that probably has run critical articles of Axl in the past.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2012, 12:58:50 AM »

All we need is a list of the charities Axl is known to support. That's a good idea because while you donate and mention his name someone there must remember that Axl has done it as well. Then they'll talk about it during coffee breaks.

To be honest I have no idea how to donate "on behalf of someone" but maybe we'll find out beer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: