Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:51:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  5 Reasons Guns N' Roses Will Reunite and 5 Reasons They Won't
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5 Reasons Guns N' Roses Will Reunite and 5 Reasons They Won't  (Read 11947 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« on: November 13, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »

Rumors are flying about a comeback for the classic 'Appetite' lineup, but can they be believed?

Rumors of a Guns N' Roses reunion have been swirling for months, but things went semi-nuclear earlier
this week when an article on Dish Nation flatly said it was happening and Brandi Glanville, a friend of Duff
McKagan's wife, blurted out "Guns N' Roses is coming back, motherfuckers!" in a video interview. Tweets
from the official Guns N' Roses account fueled speculation: "Surely they'll read between the lines," "If
only they could read lips ...," "Of course today everyone is a jouranlist [sic]" and "What ever happened
to no news is good news?"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/5-reasons-guns-n-roses-will-reunite-and-5-reasons-they-wont-20151113

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »

2. New Guns N' Roses had toured itself into oblivion.

When Guns N' Roses went out in 2002 and 2006, they packed arenas all over America, but eventually they were reduced to a theater and club act. You simply can't do the same show over and over and expect people to keep seeing it. Their last shows were part of a Las Vegas residency, and even that was starting to grow stale. The only logical move at that point is a reunion.

Points made by several of us here.

Now, unless this writer is "in on it" with the rest of we whiny dissidents and entitled malcontents to conspire to "give Axl bad press", perhaps its might be time to concede this is more than just we ungrateful fake fans "spewing our negative bullshit".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 10:03:23 AM »

He probably posts here..... Kiss

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 10:06:20 AM »

The bastard!

Well, he saw how some of we sleeper agent haters talk, and he must have thought it was OK.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 10:51:11 AM »

You guys are funny.

They forgot the 2011 arena tour, the 2012 club tour weeks after the arena tour....  Nobody wants to see the show so you book another tour in the same cities weeks after the other tour ended. Yeah.

They were offered to headline big festivals (2013 & 2014) and decided to add some shows around those.
But then again, when have logic and facts stopped you...

I'll save you the facts about how several other bands seem to tour less in the USA these days. It'll be ignored anyway since "only GN'R" isn't' selling out every show.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:52:43 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 11:03:57 AM »

You guys are funny.

They forgot the 2011 arena tour, the 2012 club tour weeks after the arena tour....  Nobody wants to see the show so you book another tour in the same cities weeks after the other tour ended. Yeah.

They were offered to headline big festivals (2013 & 2014) and decided to add some shows around those.
But then again, when have logic and facts stopped you...

I'll save you the facts about how several other bands seem to tour less in the USA these days. It'll be ignored anyway since "only GN'R" isn't' selling out every show.

/jarmo

I think its safe to say they were very successful, I think I even saw in one particular year, an article about how they where the years best selling act. Not so long ago..

However I agree that as a fan, we don't want to see them become just a live act?. from 2000 up to 2008 I used to have a collection of bootlegs, some as flac?. but after a while it got ridiculous so I stopped.
 hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 11:11:36 AM »

I can see why it's easy to come to that conclusion. You just Google the tour dates and see that some were in smaller venues. Then you just jump to conclusions.

Nobody remembers that in 1993, GN'R were playing arenas in secondary markets in the USA while headlining stadiums in places like South America and Europe.... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 12:12:49 PM »

It wouldn't honestly surprise me if some of the more vocal and opinionated posts on forums were being used by some of the many new sites writing articles about Reunion.

A vicious circle, them reporting on what is said on forums and forums reposting their articles-

Rinse and repeat  rofl

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 02:24:42 PM »

There's only 1 important reason why I think they wont reunite...

its Axl's repeatedly saying they wont.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGGZUrNyUE

I believe Axl has character. And will stay behind 20 years of statements saying Reunion wont happen ever. In case he changes his mind... I'll loose some respect for him.
(if it happens, u can stop considering me a fan of the person. just music then)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:30:13 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Annie
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 02:32:28 PM »

It wouldn't honestly surprise me if some of the more vocal and opinionated posts on forums were being used by some of the many new sites writing articles about Reunion.

A vicious circle, them reporting on what is said on forums and forums reposting their articles-

Rinse and repeat  rofl
I think that is a great assessment of the current situation.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 02:39:58 PM »

If all these sites are supposedly getting all their writing ideas from posts on fan forums, where are the articles asking where the fuck the "already done" album is?

No shortage of that sort of talk.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 02:45:49 PM »

Call us cynical, but the video looks a little fishy.  It's possible the quote was either out of context or Slash didn't quite hear the question right.

This is exactly what I've said all along.  The entire world has been erupting with overly optimistic furor over one quote that was never on the level to begin with.

2. There's not a single credible report out there.
Despite the countless articles written about this over the past few months, nobody has produced anything concrete. That explanation could be pretty simple: There is nothing concrete about this. It's just rumor, irresponsible journalism and the fevered wishes of hardcore fans.

And again.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:48:20 PM by Bridge » Logged
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 02:58:01 PM »

I believe Axl has character. And will stay behind 20 years of statements saying Reunion wont happen ever. In case he changes his mind... I'll loose some respect for him.

Wow  people change their minds all the time.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 02:58:40 PM »

Did you lose respect for Axl when he made nice with Izzy and Duff?  He said some pretty harsh stuff about those two as well, yet then went on stage with them years later.  

All these past quotes from Axl are meaningless now.  Things change.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 03:06:00 PM »

Did you lose respect for Axl when he made nice with Izzy and Duff?  He said some pretty harsh stuff about those two as well, yet then went on stage with them years later.  

Yup.

Harsh is putting it lightly, he had it in for those two almost the same.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »

Here we go again with "things change".   hihi  You guys can't keep this quote off your lips can you?

"All past quotes from Axl are meaningless."

I wonder what Axl would say about that?   Tongue
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 03:26:58 PM »

Damn so inaccurate. They are not a club act, the venues they play in are pretty big on average. Also anything they said about Axl doing think for money or using that as a reunion isn't valid.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 03:32:53 PM »

Here we go again with "things change".   hihi  You guys can't keep this quote off your lips can you?

"All past quotes from Axl are meaningless."

I wonder what Axl would say about that?   Tongue

woah, woah...I said "all these past quotes from Axl are meaningless."  Much different than every thing he's ever said is meaningless.  The "these" refers to past negative comments about reunions or former members.  He's made amends with others...why is this any different?  Have you ever been mad at someone, and then, some time later (years, maybe decades) you're not mad at them anymore?  Same concept, really.

Yeah, I can't let go of "things change."  It's right up there with hiatus.  hihi

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 03:40:16 PM »

Damn so inaccurate. They are not a club act, the venues they play in are pretty big on average. Also anything they said about Axl doing think for money or using that as a reunion isn't valid.

Not lately, not domestically.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2015, 04:11:49 PM »

Just because you keep repeating the same shit ad nauseam doesn't make it true....

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: