Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:46:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  5 Reasons Guns N' Roses Will Reunite and 5 Reasons They Won't
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5 Reasons Guns N' Roses Will Reunite and 5 Reasons They Won't  (Read 12016 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2015, 10:38:22 PM »

The thing is this rumor is spining out of control. If it is 120% bullshit then why nobody bothers to stop it once and for all? Are they thinking it is goin to fade away? Well it isn?t.

That's exactly it though.  The rumors won't go away no matter what.  Axl and Slash could publicly swear on both their deceased mothers' eternal souls that there will be no reunion, and fans will still keep debating and believing.

If Axl and Slash are aware of the latest rumors, they're both probably thinking, "sweet jesus, this again?  People really don't have anything better to do with their time?"  Since Axl and Slash both have better things to do with THEIR time (even if just re-caulking their bathtubs), they don't waste time responding to reunion rumors......again......and again.......and again.

. And Axl has said "not in this life time" I?m afraid he has to repeat it as many times as necessary until fans and the media understand that the reunion is not going to happen.

Yeah, which again, won't ever happen, so why would Axl bother saying anything?  Refuting Gun N Roses reunion rumors is about as fruitful as trying to tell people leprechauns, unicorns, and UFOs don't exist.  If you believe it, nothing's going to change your mind.

very good point you made there. it would probably be more fun for them to just let people drive themselves crazy than comment, and thats what fans always do in gnr land anyway. we are a collective skitzophrenic fanbase, we love talking to ourselves.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2015, 10:39:08 PM »

Call us cynical, but the video looks a little fishy.  It's possible the quote was either out of context or Slash didn't quite hear the question right.

This is exactly what I've said all along.  The entire world has been erupting with overly optimistic furor over one quote that was never on the level to begin with.

2. There's not a single credible report out there.
Despite the countless articles written about this over the past few months, nobody has produced anything concrete. That explanation could be pretty simple: There is nothing concrete about this. It's just rumor, irresponsible journalism and the fevered wishes of hardcore fans.

And again.

The thing is this rumor is spining out of control. If it is 120% bullshit then why nobody bothers to stop it once and for all? Are they thinking it is goin to fade away? Well it isn?t.

I know what Vicky Hamilton said. But she hasn?t been their manager in 30 years. And Axl has said "not in this life time" I?m afraid he has to repeat it as many times as necessary until fans and the media understand that the reunion is not going to happen.

even if its a no go, why stop all the buzz? the band is getting a lot of attention. if axl and slash are cool again, maybe slash doesnt mind helping his buddy out by doing... well, nothing. its a decent enough approach. do or say nothing and get a free build up of buzz. i heard the rumors are even helping afd sales. if thats true, then everyone wins by keeping quiet.

i dont agree that it wont go away though. this level of buzz can only last for so long without another shock being put into it at some point to move it up to the next octave. things this intense dont just stay the same on their own. the energy either has to move up or down at some point. there is no such thing as perpetual motion in terms of things like these.

Create buzz based on a lie it could back fire for all of them. And it is unfair for the fans who at this moment have great expectation about a reunion.

Do you really think that Slash, Duff, and Izzy are gonna sell more of their own albums because of this rumor? And I?m not so sure there will be millions of people out there rushing to buy an eventual CD II only because there is a media madness about reunion and more AFD sales

i dont know if its true, but i heard afd recently appeared at #80 on the charts again because of the buzz. and you may be right, but in showbiz theres also the whole "any publicity is good publicity" angle. people are talking about gnr again. even if theres no reunion, there may be some upside to that.

I think the any publicity angle is an interesting one but it really only applies IMO if there is something to promote. I think with GNR the public cynicism would only worsen if rumors cause expectations (and hopes) to raise only to amount to nothing. regardless whether there was ever any validity to the rumors of if Axl is to 'blame' for a reunion not happening. I think publicity with no end product only worsens the brand because Joe Public would just say 'yep he's fucked it up again'.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2015, 10:43:50 PM »

At this point I don't see any reason CD II will ever see the light of day.  Axl said in 2002 CD would be released that year then release another a year after that then another a year after that and tour the entire time. 

How dare circumstances arise that delayed the release plan, how dare life happen and change plans! How unfair to you  Roll Eyes

Why do you have to treat anyone who has even an inkling of doubt like they're scum at the edge of a pond? Are you aware of how nasty and condescending you come off to anyone who doesn't tow "everything is 100% great, 100% of the time, everything that happens is great!" party line? Treating anyone who even shows the slightest smidgen of doubt or despair like they're the bad guy, or like they're an idiot who needs to be talked to like they're five, doesn't exactly win hearts and minds. If your attitude is the official GN'R party line ("Support everything we do, all the time, no matter what, don't question anything at all, ever, or fuck off"), can you see why some people would feel pretty alienated by that? Not everyone who is unhappy is unhappy because they're a hater or a troll or because they hate Axl. Many people, myself included, want to see Axl succeed and don't see the current strategy working. Wanting someone succeed, and feeling disappointed in their choices, is not hatred or lack of support.

If a parent disapproves of a child's doings, because they feel that child is wasting their potential, does the parent hate the child? Or are they disapproving because they love the child and in their minds, feel the child could do better?

Do you post as George Garcia too? You are certainly obsessed with Jarmo. Very strange.  nervous

http://www.thegnrforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3449

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2015, 10:48:39 PM »

At this point I don't see any reason CD II will ever see the light of day.  Axl said in 2002 CD would be released that year then release another a year after that then another a year after that and tour the entire time. 

How dare circumstances arise that delayed the release plan, how dare life happen and change plans! How unfair to you  Roll Eyes

Why do you have to treat anyone who has even an inkling of doubt like they're scum at the edge of a pond? Are you aware of how nasty and condescending you come off to anyone who doesn't tow "everything is 100% great, 100% of the time, everything that happens is great!" party line? Treating anyone who even shows the slightest smidgen of doubt or despair like they're the bad guy, or like they're an idiot who needs to be talked to like they're five, doesn't exactly win hearts and minds. If your attitude is the official GN'R party line ("Support everything we do, all the time, no matter what, don't question anything at all, ever, or fuck off"), can you see why some people would feel pretty alienated by that? Not everyone who is unhappy is unhappy because they're a hater or a troll or because they hate Axl. Many people, myself included, want to see Axl succeed and don't see the current strategy working. Wanting someone succeed, and feeling disappointed in their choices, is not hatred or lack of support.

If a parent disapproves of a child's doings, because they feel that child is wasting their potential, does the parent hate the child? Or are they disapproving because they love the child and in their minds, feel the child could do better?

Do you post as George Garcia too? You are certainly obsessed with Jarmo. Very strange.  nervous

Were you ever taught it's rude to answer a question with a question?

Or are you just diverging from the question you were asked to be purposefully obtuse?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2015, 10:49:47 PM »

Give up she is insane. How anyone cannot follow your logic is beyond me. To express disappointment and even have doubts based on history is NOT HATING.

And don't get huffy because I called you insane Emily, you are the poster child for personal attacks.

Haha

I'm always amused when someone projects their inner attitude onto me, always a laugh.

Be very careful who you align yourself with. Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2015, 10:50:02 PM »

Call us cynical, but the video looks a little fishy.  It's possible the quote was either out of context or Slash didn't quite hear the question right.

This is exactly what I've said all along.  The entire world has been erupting with overly optimistic furor over one quote that was never on the level to begin with.

2. There's not a single credible report out there.
Despite the countless articles written about this over the past few months, nobody has produced anything concrete. That explanation could be pretty simple: There is nothing concrete about this. It's just rumor, irresponsible journalism and the fevered wishes of hardcore fans.

And again.

I know what Vicky Hamilton said. But she hasn?t been their manager in 30 years. And Axl has said "not in this life time" I?m afraid he has to repeat it as many times as necessary until fans and the media understand that the reunion is not going to happen.

even if its a no go, why stop all the buzz? the band is getting a lot of attention. if axl and slash are cool again, maybe slash doesnt mind helping his buddy out by doing... well, nothing. its a decent enough approach. do or say nothing and get a free build up of buzz. i heard the rumors are even helping afd sales. if thats true, then everyone wins by keeping quiet.

i dont agree that it wont go away though. this level of buzz can only last for so long without another shock being put into it at some point to move it up to the next octave. things this intense dont just stay the same on their own. the energy either has to move up or down at some point. there is no such thing as perpetual motion in terms of things like these.

Create buzz based on a lie it could back fire for all of them. And it is unfair for the fans who at this moment have great expectation about a reunion.

Do you really think that Slash, Duff, and Izzy are gonna sell more of their own albums because of this rumor? And I?m not so sure there will be millions of people out there rushing to buy an eventual CD II only because there is a media madness about reunion and more AFD sales

i dont know if its true, but i heard afd recently appeared at #80 on the charts again because of the buzz. and you may be right, but in showbiz theres also the whole "any publicity is good publicity" angle. people are talking about gnr again. even if theres no reunion, there may be some upside to that.

I think the any publicity angle is an interesting one but it really only applies IMO if there is something to promote. I think with GNR the public cynicism would only worsen if rumors cause expectations (and hopes) to raise only to amount to nothing. regardless whether there was ever any validity to the rumors of if Axl is to 'blame' for a reunion not happening. I think publicity with no end product only worsens the brand because Joe Public would just say 'yep he's fucked it up again'.

who knows, maybe they are timing fernandos upcoming announcement so that it hits at a perfect time. right when people start with the "hes fucked up again" bs, bam, check out my new cd everyone! yknow, take em by surprise.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2015, 10:51:43 PM »

Or are you just diverging from the question you were asked to be purposefully obtuse?

No I'm honestly trying to make sense of why you troll and post here but yet see fit to go post about Jarmo on another forum.

It seems duplicitous, Is this you? I think it is.  nervous

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:56:52 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2015, 11:01:27 PM »

i am of the train of thought that the buzz will likely be made use of in one way or another. i am very interested in things like how long will it last and when will it peak. remember that quote from richard about how ax always ends up coming on stage right when the crowd completely loses their patience, how he runs out there at the last minute and transforms all that wild energy, anticipation, and premature disappointment, and puts it all in the palm of his hand? like it energizes his performance somehow? im thinking well see something like that here.

"they see the edge and they cant hold on now!"

about the quarreling going on above, anyone that thinks jarmo has the power to stop a reunion is off their rocker. somebody watches too many soap operas, or has seen selena too many times.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:07:18 PM by rj seitz » Logged

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2015, 11:04:14 PM »

No I'm honestly trying to make sense of why you troll and post here but yet see fit to go post about Jarmo on another forum.

I'm trying to make sense of why you can't answer a simple question, and why you feel the need to belittle and become nasty and sarcastic with anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you on everything pertaining to Guns N' Roses. Have you never heard the phrase about flies and honey? Who I am, my dear, doesn't matter.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2015, 11:11:16 PM »

I'm trying to make sense of why you can't answer a simple question, and why you feel the need to belittle and become nasty and sarcastic with anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you on everything pertaining to Guns N' Roses. Have you never heard the phrase about flies and honey? Who I am, my dear, doesn't matter.

I get tired of the whining and complaints, I don't care for flies around me.

This is quid pro quo "dear" so answer mine now.

Did you post this or not George/Cherry Garcia? Why are you so convinced there is some sort of sabotage underway?

Edit- here's another one.
http://www.thegnrforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3425
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:32:39 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2015, 11:20:10 PM »

i can really feel that holiday spirit in the air. it warms my heart to see my htgth family getting along so well. welcome to the jingle!

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2015, 11:39:13 PM »

Did you post this or not George/Cherry Garcia? Why are you so convinced there is some sort of sabotage underway?

My opinions, sweetie, which are expressed off this forum, have no bearing on here.
And no, I have not, nor have ever been, a Communist.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2015, 12:05:57 AM »

My opinions, sweetie, which are expressed off this forum, have no bearing on here.
And no, I have not, nor have ever been, a Communist.

But "sweetie" why would you post here and run to gossip and spread rumors somewhere else?

It's more than a bit creepy and it's very disingenuous   nervous

Did you make these posts or not?
You are dodging my question.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:08:54 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2015, 12:40:28 AM »

ANOTHER jarmo stalker? the guy got really popular all of a sudden for some reason. hes got his own fan club now. one guy wants to toss his salad, another is obsessed with the way he looks, and this one has some crazy ideas about jarmo hating the afd line up and having the power to stop a reunion somehow.

What does it feel like to be famous Jarmo? Do you have more insight into why Axl is such a private person? Next thing you know one of these guys will randomly show up in your kitchen and pour themselves a glass of water like its no big deal. When asked what theyre doing there, theyll say you contacted them telepathically and told them to come. Anyone that gets that reference really knows their gnr history.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2015, 01:05:58 AM »

even without you guys, hes already got it bad enough. one guy comes to his house five or six days a week and asks him to pretend that he isnt there. "you do your thing and ill do mine, but lets not speak to eachother. well just watch eachother from afar. its more romantic that way".

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2015, 06:47:24 AM »

I do feel flattered about all this attention from people I probably never had any kind of communications with other than they read my posts and I might reply to theirs....

Must be doing something right. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2015, 10:39:58 AM »

best reason for reunion:

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2015, 02:39:54 PM »

The"clubs" GNR played in, other than the Brooklyn Bowl, weren't dive bars..More in the way of mini-areanas...As far as  a reunion goes Axl probably wouldn't be making much more than he does on a successful run with the last few lineups..Pretty sure profits would be split up on a more equal level than they have been recently...
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2015, 04:32:02 PM »

The"clubs" GNR played in, other than the Brooklyn Bowl, weren't dive bars..More in the way of mini-areanas...As far as  a reunion goes Axl probably wouldn't be making much more than he does on a successful run with the last few lineups..Pretty sure profits would be split up on a more equal level than they have been recently...
How do you know how the profits have recently been split? Did you ask him?

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2015, 05:53:03 PM »

fairly obvious Axl isn't doing it to lose money....not an idiot. The UCAP shows were probably done for a number of reasons....part fun, part actually for the fans, part we don't know. The UCAP show in Atlanta was awesome as was the arena show a few months earlier. 2 High quality shows no matter what anyone says...my boys in the ATL were shocked by how good they were and multiple guys went to both and were by no means a real fan of the post Slash era. Anyhow, whatever lies ahead at least will be quite interesting. Tongue

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: