Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:33:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  5 Reasons Guns N' Roses Will Reunite and 5 Reasons They Won't
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5 Reasons Guns N' Roses Will Reunite and 5 Reasons They Won't  (Read 12013 times)
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2015, 06:34:34 PM »

Even that's not a given. Rumours aside, was this year an interesting one for Guns N' Roses? Only if you get your kicks from band members leaving. And the reality is Axl has hinted at nothing, there's no sign of an album or even a song, people don't even know who's in the band or if there is a band. 2016 could just as easily be a repeat of this year.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2015, 09:35:50 PM »

The"clubs" GNR played in, other than the Brooklyn Bowl, weren't dive bars..More in the way of mini-areanas...As far as  a reunion goes Axl probably wouldn't be making much more than he does on a successful run with the last few lineups..Pretty sure profits would be split up on a more equal level than they have been recently...
How do you know how the profits have recently been split? Did you ask him?
Of course I didn't ask him..But common sense dictates that proceeds would be more evenly split than they have been on recent GNR tours...Most likely there still would be disparity and a pecking order..As Gene Simmons said in regards to the 1996 KISS Reunion "if 4 friends buy a car together, 2 have to sit up front and 2 have to sit in the back"..
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2015, 09:54:12 PM »

Even that's not a given. Rumours aside, was this year an interesting one for Guns N' Roses? Only if you get your kicks from band members leaving. And the reality is Axl has hinted at nothing, there's no sign of an album or even a song, people don't even know who's in the band or if there is a band. 2016 could just as easily be a repeat of this year.
There's been hints, just not from Axl. The last we heard of anything gnr plans, it was in 2014 and about a album.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2015, 10:10:20 AM »

The"clubs" GNR played in, other than the Brooklyn Bowl, weren't dive bars..More in the way of mini-areanas...As far as  a reunion goes Axl probably wouldn't be making much more than he does on a successful run with the last few lineups..Pretty sure profits would be split up on a more equal level than they have been recently...

How do you know how the profits have recently been split? Did you ask him?

Do you think there is much of a chance that if Slash and Duff do come back, its to go on salary and have no say in anything?

Does that seem terribly likely?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2015, 10:43:53 AM »

likely revert back to the 1992 partnership agreement...each has equal say...Axl owns the name...profits split 3 ways after paying whatever hired hands come along for the ride. If Izzy is in, then that would change things substantially.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2015, 11:06:16 AM »

likely revert back to the 1992 partnership agreement...each has equal say...Axl owns the name...profits split 3 ways after paying whatever hired hands come along for the ride. If Izzy is in, then that would change things substantially.

I would assume so, yes.  That's or something very close to it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2015, 11:39:51 AM »

Do you think there is much of a chance that if Slash and Duff do come back, its to go on salary and have no say in anything?

Does that seem terribly likely?

Remember that time when Duff came back an did a bunch of shows?

Yes, it was a temporary thing, but still. It sounds like some make things seem more complicated than they might be.

Hypothetically speaking.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2015, 12:38:44 PM »

Remember that time when Duff came back an did a bunch of shows?

No!  When was this???

It was a one off, helping Axl out of a jam type situation.  Not sure what, if any, application those few magical nights in South America would have one Slash or Duff coming back full time and how the deal would be structured

But I would think even you could concede they aren't coming back as salaried employees with no say in anything.  Right?  You don't really think that's even a possibility, do you?

That's really all that is being said here.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2015, 12:47:31 PM »

I think I could see Izzy being salaried if he only does sporadic shows....not Slash and Duff if they go full time.. That being said, I want Izzy in the mix full time split it evenly four ways. However, I may not get my wish...or anything at all! Tongue

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2015, 12:48:10 PM »

One off or not. It included him playing shows with the band.

Way different to him playing a song with the band for example.

But I would think even you could concede they aren't coming back as salaried employees with no say in anything.  Right?  You don't really think that's even a possibility, do you?

Define "coming back" and "no say in anything".
This hypothetical discussion is so general that it's difficult to answer what you're trying to ask.

For example, do they need to own the band name to do a hypothetical reunion tour? No, I don't think so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2015, 12:52:02 PM »

Define "coming back" and "no say in anything".
This hypothetical discussion is so general that it's difficult to answer what you're trying to ask.

"coming back" = performing with Axl Rose as Guns N' Roses

"no say in anything" = the way things have been run the past 20 years

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2015, 01:02:55 PM »

Axl won't give up the name issue but I think he would split all profits related to a reunion tour with Slash and Duff. Actually, it would have to be a whole new partnership at this point because the money is substantial ....obviously. I don't think any of them would want to take the time and re-do the 1992 partnership deal so it would be easier to do a new deal separately.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2015, 01:08:08 PM »

"coming back" = performing with Axl Rose as Guns N' Roses

"no say in anything" = the way things have been run the past 20 years

So you think they need to be equal partners in the GN'R business to play some hypothetical reunion shows?
What if you start a new business and split those profits and costs three ways for example?

/jarmo

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2015, 04:52:18 PM »

Reunion or no reunion I'm still anxiously awaiting GNR's next move...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2015, 05:06:48 PM »

Me too.
Can't wait to see what's next. Smiley

Note: There's no timeline involved here. I'm not one of those who feel I need something in a certain time frame or I'll get grumpy!  rofl

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »

Me too.
Can't wait to see what's next. Smiley

Note: There's no timeline involved here. I'm not one of those who feel I need something in a certain time frame or I'll get grumpy!  rofl

/jarmo

Yep... the only band in the world where the Band & Management & those close to the band find the need to accost its fans for wanting the band to release music.

Shocked

Good times.
poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2015, 05:15:06 PM »

I would very much like to see it happen (reunification, if you will). Myself, I would rather have a collection of songs to hear versus a live tour that I would not have the time to attend! Just my 2 cents worth.

Poorlakers

Poorlakers
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2015, 05:18:15 PM »

Yep... the only band in the world where the Band & Management & those close to the band find the need to accost its fans for wanting the band to release music.

Shocked

Good times.

Is it time for the pity party again?
Yay!
Poor me!

So much for you having a sense of humor. I was just making sure none of you who read in circles start trolling and claiming I need things from the band.  Tongue

/jarmo

banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2015, 05:25:57 PM »

Can't wait to try get tickets to a show, and I sure hope Richard frank and Chris are included in what ever line up it ends up being

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »

Shocked

Good times.

Is it time for the pity party again?
Yay!
Poor me!

So much for you having a sense of humor. I was just making sure none of you who read in circles start trolling and claiming I need things from the band.  Tongue

/jarmo

Wink

My sense iof Humour is still here. And plus... im in a good mood.. ive already had your besty Emily trolling me this morning.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: